Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Wow, the Skald spells are good! Cool!

Also, IWD had Bard interaction: the siren in the starting town.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yes, give the Meistersingers Nature's Beauty! Mwahahahhahaha!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Would the new Bards require a minimum of 15 CHA?
    @subtledoctor I'm afraid I don't. With my restartitis, autosave slots go away very quickly.
    edited February 2019
    Thanks!
    Oh wait, something especially for me? 1. How did I miss this? 2. Now I can't wait to find out!
    edited March 2019
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Oh wait, something especially for me? 1. How did I miss this? 2. Now I can't wait to find out!

A hint: if you're familiar with the principles that govern the Great Wheel of the AD&D multiverse, you can probably guess what it is.

Nope! hahah. To Google!
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Hint: I'm not talking about the Unity of Rings.
    *Think I know what it is...* :p
    I'd separate them. Having all of the resistences on a single feat seems just as problematic as the vanilla beserk.
    I never use backstabbing, since stealth always fails for me. But the idea is cool. It would make the low mod backstabs more tactically relevant. Also how would it translate to Sneack Attacks if you use that option?
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    Here are some backstab ideas - no idea how a bunch, or any, of these would be feasible with the system, but here goes:
    1. All of your ideas could be interesting, although Stun is probably the most useful. Stun and sleep functionality might border on broken though, since you can effectively remove a lot of targets from battle basically immediately
    2. Sleep/Unconscious - this would be a really interesting idea for a pacifist type character, but see above. If you wanted to get REALLY role-play-y, this could even temporarily turn the target neutral so that your party doesn't just explode them.
    3. Expanded back-stabbable weapons - This one I'm definitely not sure about, feasibility-wise, but the idea of having a character that can backstab with a greatsword is kind of cool. You could balance it by reducing the actual multiplier for these weapons
    4. "Shadow Blink" - For ~6 seconds after backstab, character can teleport within vision. This could be a really interesting and useful Shadow Magic ability.
    5. Ambush - Gives the party the basic bardsong for 1-2 rounds after a backstab, to simulate everyone ambushing a party with the rogue being the starting point
    6. Building on your spell-failure idea, spell drain could also be interesting (i.e. target loses memorized spells)
    7. One-round haste on character - This would be fun but almost certainly broken.

Sky's the limit really, and I can probably come up with more (and more outlandish) ideas.

Speaking of rogues and feats...

I'm assuming multiclass characters still don't get feats (it's been a while since I played since I'm waiting to buy a computer that won't take hours to set mods up). This 90% makes sense to me. The 10% that doesn't make sense is the fact that, in vanilla, rogues could still use basic traps even as multiclass characters. And moreso, you can still put points into "set trap." I wonder if giving multiclass rogues a (very) small number of feats might not be a bad idea, or maybe restoring the vanilla trap progression. What do you think?
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Hah, it's like I plucked the idea right out of your head.

Nice - I think a small number of multiclass feats makes a lot of sense. Looking forward to seeing it in action!

And yeah - it's not like the feats are kit-specific, right? Better to have one thing to update instead of N things to update.
    Will Intestinal Fortitude have a sound effect of your character vomiting? :p
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Some very interesting additions that I am very keen to try out, @subtledoctor . But it worries me, that the additional saving throws might be too strong. On the face of it they seem to nerf e.g. charm spells a lot. Would it be possible for the first roll to be based only on the characters inherent saving throw, without any bonuses from items, options or spells added? It would still be very good, but not quite as strong.
    @subtledoctor I have a few thoughts about this update:
    1. Awesome!
    2. In previous editions of MnG, you had a Hexblade class as well, which would fit nicely in the "Fighter/Mage" section of these bards. Might be interesting to re-add here at some point.
    3. How does this affect bard NPCs? Will they still be "2E Bards", or are they automatically ported to the multiclass bards from this component?
    4. Similarly, how does this affect the bard stronghold?
    5. Finally, this does kind of leave a big gaping hole in the available classes for the 2E bard, which is undoubtedly outclassed by your changes. It might be interesting at some point to turn that into a true "embrace the power of music" class, almost a la chanters from Pillars of Eternity. You could create fun bard music that is not available to your new bards with more powerful effects. Probably not worth doing as part of this update - you have enough work cut out for you! - but maybe food for thought for later updates.

Generally though, this looks really cool - the idea of bards being multiclass makes a lot of sense, and I know that in 3E there were rules for the Bard as a Prestige class, which is almost what you have done here.
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    " One kit @ThacoBell - the Agent, a spy who trains as many abilities as possible to face any situation - is a triple-class fighter/mage/thief."

Ibx.gif
    edited March 2019