Skip to content

[MOD] EEUITweaks Mod Collection - All EE (v2.2+) Platforms

Comments

• switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited July 2018
    @lefreut, in case you find it useful: https://github.com/K4thos/IE-code-repository/blob/master/replace_multiline.tpa

Makes UI.MENU patching easier.
    lefreut
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Mod Options on top of LeUI (BGEE skin) seems to be somewhat buggy.

If you delete the baldur.lua file and then enter the options, you see the correct names. But if you make some changes, and then enter the Options screen again, you'll get placeholder strings instead of actual text, such as:

MODOPT BUTTON
    MODOPT_INFO
    HIDEOPT_TITLE
    MODOPT_TITLE
    MODOPT CHANGE BUTTON
    lefreut
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @Thels I try but it works for me. Which versions of LeUI and EEUITweaks? Do you have a step by step to reproduce?
    edited September 2018
    @lefreut According to WeiDU, I was using LeUI BGEE skin 3.7 and EEUITweaks 2.9, but the EEUITweaks zip file is called 2.9.1.

I made a fresh Steam installation yesterday, copied it to my E: drive, ran modmerge, ran some other mods, ran LeUI, and then ran EEUITweaks. I did install the [Adul's Unhide Chargen Options] component by accident (which gave me an error).

I made another fresh copy of the installation, ran modmerge, ran LeUI, and then ran EEUITweaks, again trying to install [Adul's Unhide Chargen Options] just in case that was the cause, and I no longer have the problem. Thus, I can't be sure what was causing it. None of the other mods should be affecting the UI.
    @Thels there was a fix for Adul's Unhide Chargen Options in 2.9.1 but I forgot to update the version so WeiDU also list it as 2.9. Considering the name of the zip, it seems that you had this version. I don't know why it didn't work before but glad to see that it works now :)

I released 3.0 to make Adul's Unhide Chargen Options (and Mr2150's Random PC Generator) compatible with LeUI BGEE and SoD skins.
    Gusinda
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I've updated Better Quick Loot and Smooth Selling to be compatible with BG:EE and BG2:EE 2.5.

I also tested the Message Box Quick Resize Button and it's already compatible.
    RavenslightGusindalefreut
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    not sure why but Lefreut's portrait picker no longer shows up in the mod selection.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @megamike15, Lefruet's Portrait Picker it doesn't show if you selected either Random PC Generator or Unhide Chargen Options or both when installing the mod.

Gus
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    @lefreut what should I do to translate to my language besides tra file?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @lefreut

Why is there no component that tweaks the World Map?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    As far as I know, the inner workings of the world map are entirely hard-coded, which is a shame because I think it's one of the most broken parts of the current UI.

I think you can change the size of it and the window behind it, but that's about it. The rest is up to Beamdog to fix, unfortunately.
    Ravenslight
    Luke93 said:

@lefreut

Why is there no component that tweaks the World Map?

As @Adul said, there is not a lot of things that can be tweaked in the World Map.
    c4_angel said:

@lefreut what should I do to translate to my language besides tra file?

Some components store the strings they use in lua files. Here is the list:
    EEUITweaks\copy\FeedbackHack\en_FeedH.lua
    EEUITweaks\copy\ModsOptions\en_ModOp.lua
    EEUITweaks\copy\ModsOptions\en_HideO.lua
    EEUITweaks\copy\ProgressBar\en_USPgB.lua
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    Thanks. So it seems some more work needed to make this mod to support multi languages, for not only local use.
  • DaturaDatura Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2018
    Tentatively Fixed (see my next post)

@lefreut
    Hi!

I'm having an annoying issue with the "Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks" and "Leveling Progress Bars Options" components: the string labels are being displayed in lieu of the corresponding strings (see following screenshots).

What's weird is that the "Mods Options" and "Hidden Game Options" parts of the mod work fine and display their strings correctly :s

I'm using EET v1.0 RC11 and some other mods, installed via EE Mod Setup, but didn't install the included versions of LeUI and EEUITweaks, since it uses the outdated EEUITweaks-master from AncientCowboy's GitHub.
    What I did is manually install LeUI v3.7 and EEUITweaks v3.0 after finishing the EE Mod Setup, which seemed to work well (no error reported).

I've tried installing only "Mod Options", 'Hiddens Game Options", "Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks" and "Leveling Progress Bars Options" but the issue remains :(
    I should add that this also occurs on a fresh, un-modded, version of BG2EE.

I've attached my SETUP-EEUITWEAKS.DEBUG file if needed.

Thank you for any help you can provide ;)
    Post edited by Datura on
    lefreut
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Datura your post here was caught by the forum's spam filter. I have restored it and verified you so that this should not happen again.
  • DaturaDatura Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2018
    Tresset said:

@Datura your post here was caught by the forum's spam filter. I have restored it and verified you so that this should not happen again.

No idea why this happened but maybe it's because I previewed it quite a lot of times before posting ?
    Thanks anyway ;)

@lefreut
    Oh, by the way, I managed to get "Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks" and "Leveling Progress Bars Options" to work properly !

I edited M_PgBar.lua in the override folder and changed the following, based on what I saw in M_ModsOP.lua and M_HideO.lua:

if(uiTranslationFile) then
    	Infinity_DoFile("L_" .. uiTranslationFile)
    	Infinity_DoFile(uiTranslationFile .. "PgB.lua")
    	if(uiStrings.PGBAR_ENABLE_LABEL == nil) then -- Badly named or non-existent file
    		Infinity_DoFile("en_PgB.lua")
    	end
    else
    	Infinity_DoFile("L_en_us")
    end

to

Infinity_RegisterFile("en_USPgB.lua")
    	Infinity_RegisterFile(string.sub(uiTranslationFile,1,3).."PgB.lua")
    end

Could it be another repercussion of the changes made to Infinity_DoFile?

Everything is displayed correctly now :)

[Edit]: There was a similar issue with M_FeedHk.lua from "Feedback Message Box Buttons Hack", resolved in the same way.
    I should also point out that, while this seems to work for the english version of the game, I'm a total noob when it comes to Infinity Engine modding, and only moderately proficient in Lua... For all I know this could be a terrible way to fix this issue :smiley:
    Post edited by Datura on
    Gusindalefreut
    Datura said:

@lefreut
    Oh, by the way, I managed to get "Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks" and "Leveling Progress Bars Options" to work properly !

I edited M_PgBar.lua in the override folder and changed the following, based on what I saw in M_ModsOP.lua and M_HideO.lua:

Infinity_DoFile("L_" .. uiTranslationFile)
    	Infinity_DoFile(uiTranslationFile .. "PgB.lua")
    	if(uiStrings.PGBAR_ENABLE_LABEL == nil) then -- Badly named or non-existent file
    	end
    else
    	Infinity_DoFile("L_en_us")
    end

to

Infinity_RegisterFile("en_USPgB.lua")
    	Infinity_RegisterFile(string.sub(uiTranslationFile,1,3).."PgB.lua")
    end

Could it be another repercussion of the changes made to Infinity_DoFile?

Everything is displayed correctly now :)

[Edit]: There was a similar issue with M_FeedHk.lua from "Feedback Message Box Buttons Hack", resolved in the same way.
    I should also point out that, while this seems to work for the english version of the game, I'm a total noob when it comes to Infinity Engine modding, and only moderately proficient in Lua... For all I know this could be a terrible way to fix this issue :smiley:
    Thanks for the feedback. It seems that I have missed that these components also need to be updated to handle the change made in Infinity_DoFile by the 2.5 patch. Your change should work. I really need to find more time, I have a lot of things to update.
    Gusinda
    is there a reason we can't use lefreut's Journal on baldurs gate 1? it shows up as an option in baldurs gate 2 but not 1. and i find the new journal rather buggy even with the fixes.
    @megamike15 I will check to see why it's not available.
    megamike15 wrote: »
    not sure why but Lefreut's portrait picker no longer shows up in the mod selection.
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @megamike15, Lefruet's Portrait Picker it doesn't show if you selected either Random PC Generator or Unhide Chargen Options or both when installing the mod.

Gus

@megamike15 Sorry for the late reply :| It is compatible with Random PC Generator and Unhide Chargen Options so it should be there. It's not compatible with LeUI (as it's already included), DragonspearUI++ and trinit IWD/IWD2 UIs.
    edited March 2019
    i did not pick either of those. as i was only interested in the the portrait picker, the new quick loot bar, the journal and the level up glow. with bg 1 the other journal option does not show up only Mr2150's Journal Fixes.
    @megamike15 which version are you using? I tried with 3.0 on BG1 and on SoD and I can install all the components you want:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Portrait Selectors -> lefreut's Portrait Picker: 3.0
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Adul's Better Quick Loot: 3.0
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // lefreut's Better Level Up Indicators -> lefreut's Level Up Glow no Click: 3.0
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3023 // Journal Fixes and Tweaks -> lefreut's Journal (quests expanded by default): 3.0
    edited March 2019
    i used the link form the main page. whitch seems to be 2.6 whitch may have been my issue.

edit; that was what caused it. so once again it was my own error. but how was i supposed to know the download link on the main page was out of date?
    lefreut
    Can a moderator update the first post to add the new github link: https://github.com/r-e-d/EEUITweaks/releases?
    lefreut wrote: »
    Can a moderator update the first post to add the new github link: https://github.com/r-e-d/EEUITweaks/releases?

Would it perhaps be a good idea to start your own thread now that you're the curator of this project?
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks C,E,F Lefreut's enhanced UI Note 3
    lefreut's Customize All Characters A,B,C,D,E,F,G,L,M,N,O Allow customization for all characters
    Looks like these two are actually the same thing.

edited March 2019
    Customize screens changes the look of these screens to something like this (from LeUI):
    9wq8dmtsifdw.jpg

Customize all characters will allow you to customize (change the portrait, the color, the biography, ...) of all characters in your group and not only the main protagonist directly in game.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    OK, I think that the source of the confusion is a link that might be pointing to the wrong place:
    lefreut wrote: »
    Customize screens tweaks
    From this post and with this.
    That's from your first post in your thread about your Enhanced UI. The word "this" in that quote points to your thread about customization for all characters. I guess it should point elsewhere.
    My UI contains both components. The first link (on post) is about the cosmetic changes and the second link (on this) is about the customize all.

The documentation is very poor, but I already have a hard time finding time to work on these mods, the documentation is very low on the list of things to do.