Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited March 2019
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    I just shifted those ~271 opcode 172 effects into a subspell and... now I cannot reproduce the crash. Think it's fixed?
    Yep - it crashes on the 256th effect. Stupid heal on rest - abilities can have up to 65535 effect, or at least 32767.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Could you elaborate on the Rogue Weapon Focus, please?
    edited March 2019
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor Regarding giving more feats to enemies. Note that some of us don't use SCS, so please keep it within reasonable difficulty for a vanilla curve.
    edited March 2019
    ThacoBell
    edited March 2019
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    rapsam2003GusindaThacoBell
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2019
    IWD EE 2.5.17.0 clean -Might & Guile 3.9.2 beta
    My WeiDu:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Feat System: 3.9.2
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #230 // Revised Archery: 3.9.2
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved Rangers: 3.9.2
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): 3.9.2
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #322 // Add the Elven Archer (ranger kit): 3.9.2
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #410 // Add the Sniper (thief kit): 3.9.2
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards: 3.9.2

Create new party. The fighter dwarf, a barbarian half orc, ranger elf, halfling thief, the human bard(mage-thief), half-elf skald (fighter-mage). Fighter, barbarian, ranger, thief can choose feat, there are icons of choice. But after selecting a feat, a window appears with a selection and it is empty, no feat is specified, the spell book also is empty. I tried to add levels and rest- nothing has changed.
    Ranger can cast so many spells, at level 30 18 wisdom 5-5-5-5-3-1 spell slots.

Bards use the wizard's spell system, not the sorcerer's, as in the previous version. Also added levels, use wizard spell progression, i.e. at max level can use 8 and 9 spell levels. And can not choose any "feat", there is no innate ability. Also do not get automatic spells in spell book.
    Post edited by Snatch_a_kiss on
    edited March 2019
    Sounds like you did not use the "Initialize Bardic Spellcasting" innate ability. You should do that as soon as you begin playing with the character. I'll see if there is anything I can do to make this more obvious/necessary.
    Yeah, I didn't "Initialize Bardic Spellcasting", because there's nothing innate ability. The button is not active.

edited March 2019
    edited March 2019
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
    edited March 2019
    IWD EE 2.5.17.0 clean -Might & Guile 3.9.3
    The same components:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Feat System: 3.9.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #230 // Revised Archery: 3.9.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved Rangers: 3.9.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): 3.9.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #322 // Add the Elven Archer (ranger kit): 3.9.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #410 // Add the Sniper (thief kit): 3.9.3
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards: 3.9.3
    Сreated such a same party. The fighter dwarf, a barbarian half orc, ranger elf, halfling thief, the human bard(mage-thief), half-elf skald (fighter-mage).

A few times I couldn't select a feat, there was a selection screen, but can't select a feat, nothing happened, the cell didn't fill. So on all characters. Helped restart the game.

If you choose the dodge bonus and melee attack bonus, you can use each time after the rest, getting each time +1. Tested with Ranger (dodge) and bard (melee attack bonus) activated through a spell cast.

The thief chose bonuses for thieves abilities(stealth bonus, thief bonus), some skills (dart Trap, basic alchemy) nothing has changed in the statistics and the thief could not use these skills, also after rest. The fighter and the barbarian have chosen bonuses to defense (dodge) and some skills (combat posture (Aggressive)), nothing has changed in the statistics, abilities also cannot be used, the saving throws bonus is got by innate ability, but you can also use them after every rest, and get +2 every time.
    The fighter and thief 2 times can choose the dodge.
    s8grpmj0iz7d.png
    ncyrr2w3npbm.png
    Ranger also can cast so many spells, at level 30 18 wisdom 5-5-5-5-3-1 spell slots.

Bard got the feat and learned a few additional "songs", also learned basic alchemy, but after use it, nothing happens. Songs can sing.
    Skald didn't get any feat, so he didn't learn anything. Only basic Inspiration: Power and Aura of Fear.
    Post edited by Snatch_a_kiss on
    edited March 2019
    You've mentioned this a couple times, but this mod doesn't alter any spell tables, at all. That is pure unmodded IWD behavior.
    In BG EE ranger's have 3-3-3 spells slots, and I thought it was a mistake because of the "improved rangers".

Archer has learned CALLED SHOTS trip, but can not use it, because it does not appear in the innate abilities. Even after rest. Other shots can be used. Learned Toughness, can be used also again after rest.
    Sniper use learn feat, there is animation, but nothing happens.

• LamiarLamiar Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2019
    @subtledoctor it's is bit hard to test latest mod combination version(s) by this reason https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Might_and_Guile/issues/13 . (This issue was opened by me, i'm probably should recreate login here to match nickname for better feelings.) In short, we need SR to install FnP (at least latest released/stable version), but latest MnG doesn't appear to work together with FnP, which is kind of... unsolvable puzzle. :) There was exact reason why i'm currently skip this two great mods in current run... (already discussed in SoB.)

ADD: Ah, forget about main note... i'm really miss some mod version list which is known to work. Damn, will go to write some mod automation install. Doing manually or with current tools looks bit annoying. :)
  • LamiarLamiar Member Posts: 136
    If you want to really minimize bugs, you should be using SR 4b16 and FnP 0.75.26 and MnG 3.8.17 (in that order).

Thanks, will try. I can fix bugs, but only if mods get installed / understand what happens, but i completely can't understand issues with latest versions.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    Nope. Makes more sense. Could you also elaborate on the Weapon Focus feat, please?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh, I always already thought the Halfling Slinger WAS a fighter/thief kit. Explains why I could never find it...
    edited March 2019
    Sorry, missed it. Cool, though! I assume this stacks with SoB?
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    But, question: how attached is everybody to the Halfling Slinger ranger kit? Because it occurs to me... why is that a ranger kit??? I guess it was one of the first kits I ever made, and back in the 1.3 days we couldn't do as much. But now I can make it a fighter/thief kit. Halflings can already by fighter/thieves, and it would be a perfect fit. Certainly better than shoehorning it into the Ranger class...

Any objections to my changing the Slinger into a fighter/thief kit?

IMO i think it to be a fighter kit, even if a ranged one. So i guesse F/T is a good call for a Halfling.

And i strongly agree with the APR bonus for at least Bladesinger with Weapon focus: they are the actual epitome of elven mastery of swordsmanship after all...
    Perhaps just an Advanced feat to illustrate the training required to offset their initial malus? (if it is not already that way, i confess i'll only try it tomorrow :p )
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    Don't download until I say so in this thread. I'll have a new build up - might not be tomorrow, but it will be soon.

I stand ready!
    And yes bladesingers are limited on the spell side but with their shiny new aura they should be cool.
    Now I want a bladesinger Xan, like right now, because I want to see him shouting "WE ARE ALL DOOMED" and throwing himself in a bunch of gnolls with his shiny sword.