Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    @SorcererV1ct0r asides from adding Tieflings, I thought the wildcards DLC wasn't that great, didn't care for kineticist or the NPC it added. Varnhold's lot is pretty good, but just make very sure the 4 characters you create can operate as a complete party on their own, or you won't have a good time. I haven't gotten to see too much impact of it on the main campaign, since I haven't gotten past Pitax since the DLC came out. Depending on the ending you get in Varnhold's lot, your character from it can show up in the main campaign.
    I got to go back to the dungeon with my main after taking care of Vordakai in the main campaign, but it was kind of disappointing.

Also, don't forget to install the free Arcane Unleashed DLC for some new spells and a scroll vendor. No idea why they didn't just fold it into the main game so people don't have to manually install it from the store.

@sarevok57 One thing that might help with the AI in combat is you can right click on an ability and they'll just use that ability on their own. Auto-use abilities will pop up to the left of the character bar when a character with them is selected.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    @SorcererV1ct0r asides from adding Tieflings, I thought the wildcards DLC wasn't that great, didn't care for kineticist or the NPC it added. Varnhold's lot is pretty good, but just make very sure the 4 characters you create can operate as a complete party on their own, or you won't have a good time. I haven't gotten to see too much impact of it on the main campaign, since I haven't gotten past Pitax since the DLC came out. Depending on the ending you get in Varnhold's lot, your character from it can show up in the main campaign.
    I got to go back to the dungeon with my main after taking care of Vordakai in the main campaign, but it was kind of disappointing.

Also, don't forget to install the free Arcane Unleashed DLC for some new spells and a scroll vendor. No idea why they didn't just fold it into the main game so people don't have to manually install it from the store.

@sarevok57 One thing that might help with the AI in combat is you can right click on an ability and they'll just use that ability on their own. Auto-use abilities will pop up to the left of the character bar when a character with them is selected.

I think that i will purchase the DLC but the thiefling is not that interesting IMO. Is just an "anti aasimar", an dhampir will be more interesting IMO. When people talk about tieflings, i always remember the annoying NWN2 companion
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    is there anyway to cure blindness at low levels? apparently remove blindness is not a level 2 cleric spell and my fighter has had this garbage ailment on him for 2 levels making him pretty much useless
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    IIRC Lesser restoration scroll should do it if resting doesn’t fix the problem
    deltago wrote: »
    IIRC Lesser restoration scroll should do it if resting doesn’t fix the problem

yeah, resting does not fix it, although i haven't tried lesser restoration but in the description it says it doesn't heal permanent things like curses or disease but only fixes ability damage?
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    Both of the npc clerics can cure blindness. I believe it's a 2nd level spell. There are also scrolls of remove blindness.
    ronaldo wrote: »
    Both of the npc clerics can cure blindness. I believe it's a 2nd level spell. There are also scrolls of remove blindness.

i have the dwarf cleric dude on my team and he does not have it as a 2nd level spell ( unless it is called something else) plus i have not so far found a potion or scroll of remove blindness yet
    O suggest to play with an custon difficulty that allow you to cure this effects by sleeping.
    EnialusMeliamne
    I think Bokhen had some cure blindness potions and Jhod had some scrolls back at Oleg's. I normally have found at least one potion by the point I get to a fight where the spell's used, but don't recall where it was at. Lesser Restoration does not cure blindness, and Remove Blindness is a 3rd level spell. If you're really stuck you could change the difficulty option so it cures on rest, rest, and then change it back.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    Hmm sorry could have sworn they could cast it. At a certain point in chapter 1 you will come across someone who you rescue and he will go to Olegs to hang out. He can help you out.
    I'm on my second playthrough right now and Im at the end of chapter one and have found several cure blindness scrolls.
    I think that i will purchase the DLC but the thiefling is not that interesting IMO. Is just an "anti aasimar", an dhampir will be more interesting IMO. When people talk about tieflings, i always remember the annoying NWN2 companion
    What?! I loved Neeshka, and wished she were a romance option, although Qara was the one I really wanted (ya, I know, I have issues ;) ).

I think we got into this earlier, and it was clear I like demons more and you were more into vampires.
    What?! I loved Neeshka, and wished she were a romance option, although Qara was the one I really wanted (ya, I know, I have issues ;) ).

I think we got into this earlier, and it was clear I like demons more and you were more into vampires.

Demons and vampires are very "linked" on D&D. Generally when a mortal is kissed by a succubus, he is turned into an demon and is send to abyss where he will be an agent of chaos. If an mortal manages to not be dominated by the succubus kiss, he is turned into a True vampire and only partially corrupted(at least according to Lords of Darkness book)

Considering that there are already the undead bloodline for sorc and an undead companion, i don't think that an dhampir will be hard to implement. Anyway, an dhampir is a 1/2 vampire, an sorc with undead bloodline is 1/4 vampire. So i can be an 1/4 vampire in P:K

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

This is pretty important, otherwise using activated abilities like cleave is a real chore. For a kineticist I would say it was essential, the class just doesn't work without it.
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    is there anyway to cure blindness at low levels? apparently remove blindness is not a level 2 cleric spell and my fighter has had this garbage ailment on him for 2 levels making him pretty much useless

Lesser Restoration, Cure Blindness, both level 2 spells (although some aasamars start with Lesser Restoration). There are a couple of potions of Cure Blindness in the early game - I think at least one is in Jamil Aldori's secret treasure room. They are coloured yellow.
    edited April 2019
    Anyway, an dhampir is a 1/2 vampire, an sorc with undead bloodline is 1/4 vampire. So i can be an 1/4 vampire in P:K

It's no more problematic than an aasamar with the celestial bloodline of a Tiefling with an Infernal/Abyssal bloodline, both of which are already in.
    Fardragon wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Lesser Restoration, Cure Blindness, both level 2 spells (although some aasamars start with Lesser Restoration). There are a couple of potions of Cure Blindness in the early game - I think at least one is in Jamil Aldori's secret treasure room. They are coloured yellow.

Lesser Restoration does not remove blindness and Remove Blindness is a level 3 spell
    https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Magic#Level_3_3
    yeah, remove blindness is definitely not a level 2 spell, unless it is for an inquisitor
    Only i enjoy play P:K with really small party?

With DLCs is possible to reach lv 20 with full party?
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    The DLCs don’t add much experience to the main storyline but it’s always been possible to get to lvl20 with a small exploit.

Make a charname that makes all of the persuasion and trickery checks and select the difficulty option that gives experience for skill checks to the character that makes the checks. Sharing or not sharing with inactive party members only matters if you want all of your characters to be lvl20. Share if you do, don’t share if you don’t. Charname will be lvl20 shortly after entering Pitax. If you share XP with inactive members, everyone will be lvl20 after you enter The House and the NPCs rejoin.

Even if charname only makes the persuasion checks you’ll be lvl20 shortly after Pitax.
    DrHappyAngrySorcererV1ct0rFardragon
    This is correct. The DLCs add very little xp to the game. But playing a skilled character who earns xp for the checks will reach the level cap long before the end, and if xp sharing is turned on so will the rest of the party. It's not really an exploit (unless you flick the xp options on and off over the course of the game) It's a option that has always been their from the start (but turned off by default).
    bleusteel
    It might be fun to see how quickly one can get charname to lvl20. Clearly a story mode solo run would probably be the winner but it could be made more interesting by making certain stipulations. Challenging or better difficulty, Last Azlanti, poverty, naked, all points to non-XP earning skills (that’s a hard one-is UMD the only non-XP skill?), etc.

I’m currently working through my paladin/scaled fist Last Azlanti run but I’ll give it a shot next time.
    I reached Castle of Knives but not sure about what i need to do of if the game is bugged(again)... Anyway, looking to steamcharts, only 5% of the P:K owners completed the game.
    I reached Castle of Knives but not sure about what i need to do of if the game is bugged(again)... Anyway, looking to steamcharts, only 5% of the P:K owners completed the game.

Recover the pieces of the First Crown, decide what to do with it and then step through the portal. Where are you stuck?
    bleusteel wrote: »

Recover the pieces of the First Crown, decide what to do with it and then step through the portal. Where are you stuck?

Thanks, but i already did it, i mean after you enter the portal.
    Ah, The House at the Edge of Time...yeah that one takes a bit to wrap your head around. They’ve patched it a few times to make it easier to solve but it still gets confusing.

Have you re-gathered all of your allies or collected any parts of the key?
    SorcererV1ct0r
    Ah, The House at the Edge of Time...yeah that one takes a bit to wrap your head around. They’ve patched it a few times to make it easier to solve but it still gets confusing.

Have you re-gathered all of your allies or collected any parts of the key?

One died, one is missing but my druid(created by me) started the area with me. Any good guilde? After i complete P:K, will do a non reload M&M 8 run.
    There’s the official one here:

https://www.gamerguides.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/walkthrough/chapter-6-sound-of-a-thousand-screams/sound-of-a-thousand-screams-saving-allies#g

The House is similar to the First World area where you destroy the everblooming flower. You equip the magic lantern to pass through fog and unequip it to get teleported between phases by walking into the fog. For the most part you can walk around with the lantern equipped, visit all of the accessible areas. Then unequip the lantern, walk into some fog to get sent to the other reality, equip the lantern again and revisit all of the rooms to find new stuff and enemies. The guide probably has a more logical approach but it doesn’t take long because it’s not that big.
    SorcererV1ct0r
    There’s the official one here:

https://www.gamerguides.com/pathfinder-kingmaker/walkthrough/chapter-6-sound-of-a-thousand-screams/sound-of-a-thousand-screams-saving-allies#g

The House is similar to the First World area where you destroy the everblooming flower. You equip the magic lantern to pass through fog and unequip it to get teleported between phases by walking into the fog. For the most part you can walk around with the lantern equipped, visit all of the accessible areas. Then unequip the lantern, walk into some fog to get sent to the other reality, equip the lantern again and revisit all of the rooms to find new stuff and enemies. The guide probably has a more logical approach but it doesn’t take long because it’s not that big.

Thanks. I will try change my approach.
    bleusteel
    edited April 2019
    The HotEoT exists in two time zones, and you have to switch between them several times to complete it. Suspect it's one of those things that worked better in the original PnP version of the adventure, with a human DM to keep reminding you what is going on and hint you through it.

I.e. it's not bugged, the DM is a sadistic bstd.
    SorcererV1ct0r