Skip to content

What should you do when you find a bug in SoD or want this or that thing to look/behave differently?

2»

Comments

• ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    edited May 2019
    Hey guys, I'm pretty clueless about redmine and such. Before I try and figure it all out, can anyone tell me if the below but has been reported? I'll try to figure out how to put it in spoiler tags..
    when you parley with caelar at the blown up bridge, she says something about everyone will look back at this time and say that's when everything changed. The dialogue options, however, sound more like answers to a question about why charname is there, which makes me think some dialogue got skipped

Also, is certain things being able to see a stealthed shadow dancer wearing cloak of nondetection a bug?

And enemies knowing how to open doors . . . That seems new, too lol.

Edit: yay, I figured out spoiler tags
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    For the SoD dialogue question, tagging @Ardanis

Certain things being able to see a stealthed shadow dancer wearing cloak of nondetection - what creatures exactly, and under which circumstances?

Enemies knowing how to open doors - this is a more difficult one to define an answer.
    In the coldhearth lich area, some of the undead could see my cloaked, stealthed shadow dancer. Bone bats for sure. I think the imbued wights did, too. Pretty sure my charname took a couple magic missiles to the face. The bronze protector golem thing could see. As well as the lich, himself. The stuff in the fire portal room didn't see. The lich also opened the door I closed on him to buy time to destroy his phylactery. That probably isn't a bug, but certainly surprised me.

@JuliusBorisov , I found a thread I remembered seeing before where you said:
    @Daevelon is right.

If you have a character who is *stealthed*, i.e. using a thief/ranger skill, and she has the cloak of non-detection, nothing will find her. Not even True Sight.

If she uses a potion of invisibility, the invisibility spell, or improved invisibility, then Non-detection will not save her.

Check https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/13339/what-does-non-detection-really-do/p1

Reference: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43435/shadowdancer-solo-against-enemies-with-see-invisibility

While looking for that thread, I did see @KvotheRM8 had mentioned the bone bats before. Reference: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68863/cloak-of-non-detection-is-probably-bugged

Since you say "nothing will find her", that's why I'm curious of these things seeing my charname.

Thank you for responding, @JuliusBorisov .
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yes, there are enemies who can see invisible creatures, and bone bats and liches are among them. There are many more such enemies in BG2. So, I guess it should be "nothing * except for the enemies who can see invisible creatures * will find her".
    Oh, ok. I guess my use of the class is going to have to evolve. Thanks again.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited May 2019
    Dialogue - no technical issue there, that is how the conversation had been written. I agree it may seem a bit... awkward, shall we say.

As Julius says, many enemies in the game, both the original BG2 and EE, can detect invisible party members. There was significant effort to make spell/item descriptions reflect their actual effects (original descriptions were rather messy and inaccurate), but some bits must still remain uncatched.

Opening doors is a new AI feature in SoD (though not all enemies use it), along with the usage of Fireballs and similar unfriendly AoE abilities.