Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Raduziel

Remove the quotation marks.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    AionZ wrote: »
    @Raduziel

Remove the quotation marks.

That did the trick! Thank you very much, @AionZ !
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Don't write Player in quotation marks: Player1 instead of "Player1"
    Thanks @Gwendolyne :)

---

Is there a general rule for what should get quotation marks?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    The only time you use quotes for an object argument is when you are directly matching the creature's script name, (which is defined at offset 0x280 in the CRE). Proper objects, (see here), aren't put inside quotes.

Regarding what I mentioned earlier, an object selector is when you use square brackets in the form of: [EA.GENERAL.RACE.CLASS.SPECIFIC.GENDER.ALIGN]

I brought it up because your usage of [PC] should of worked, at least to some extent. The reason why it didn't is because the Race() trigger, for some reason, doesn't evaluate object selectors like it should. Farther you look into the engine, the more quirks you find...
    Interesting. So some other things in the .baf will also fail as I sometimes nest Race inside See.

Damn.

Thanks, @Bubb :)
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Bubb wrote: »
    Farther you look into the engine, the more quirks you find...
    Bioware didn't chose this as the intro quote for nothing:
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2019
    What is Weak Invisibility (opcode #20, param2 = 2)? What is its corresponding STATE/STAT?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Updating one of my mods to add to splstate.ids. What's the maximum limit of states?
    edited April 2019
    AionZ wrote: »
    What's the maximum limit of states?

Should be 256. The same holds for CLASS.ids and RACE.ids.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Luke93 wrote: »
    What is Weak Invisibility (opcode #20, param2 = 2)? What is its corresponding STATE/STAT?
    It's the same type of invisibility as Improved Invisibility after you take a hostile action and reveal yourself.
    edited April 2019
    kjeron wrote: »
    It's the same type of invisibility as Improved Invisibility after you take a hostile action and reveal yourself.

So, creatures attacking a weak invisible creature suffer a -4 penalty to THAC0 (unless affected by op#193) and the weak invisible creature doesn't make the first attack with +4. Is that correct?

Moreover, does it act as permanent if used as a 'While Equipped' effect (like the improved one)?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    So, creatures attacking a weak invisible creature suffer a -4 penalty to THAC0 (unless affected by op#193) and the weak invisible creature doesn't make the first attack with +4. Is that correct?
    Yes and yes. It also makes them untargetable with spells unless the caster is affected by op193 or the spell can target invisible creatures, and grants the +4 to all saving throws. It is not by itself sufficient to trigger backstabs.
    Moreover, does it act as permanent if used as a 'While Equipped' effect (like the improved one)?
    For as long as it's equipped, hostile actions won't remove it.

The only real difference between Improved and Weak invisibility, is that Improved Invisibility also applies a Normal Invisibility effect with otherwise identical stats (target/duration/resist/dispel/etc...).
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited April 2019
    kjeron wrote: »
    @Gwendolyne
    Here some hardcoded entries you can add:
    	IDS: 0x0002	LABEL: RED_DRAGON_BLAST_FIREBALL
    	IDS: 0x0003	LABEL: PURPLE_FIREBALL
    	IDS: 0x0004	LABEL: GREEN_DRAGON_BLAST_FIREBALL
    	IDS: 0x0520	LABEL: CLOUD_FIREBALL,	EE BAM: SPHORPUF
    	IDS: 0x0910	LABEL: METEOR_FIREBALL
    	IDS: 0x0A10	LABEL: WILTING_FIREBALL
    	IDS: 0x0A11	LABEL: TELEPORT_FIREBALL,	EE BAM: SPWRDFLD
    	IDS: 0x0A12	LABEL: ENTANGLE_FIREBALL,	EE BAM: SPENTAAI
    	IDS: 0x0A23	LABEL: HOLY_SMITE_FIREBALL
    	IDS: 0x0A24	LABEL: UNHOLY_BLIGHT_FIREBALL
    	IDS: 0x0B01	LABEL: CONE_OF_COLD_FIREBALL,	EE BAM: SPCCOLDL
    	IDS: 0x0B03	LABEL: COLOR_SPRAY_FIREBALL,	EE BAM: SPCSPRA3
    	IDS: 0x0B04	LABEL: PRISMATIC_SPRAY_FIREBALL,	EE BAM: SPPRISM3
    	IDS: 0x0C10	LABEL: STORM_VENGEANCE_FIREBALL

The labels are arbitrary: _FIREBALL because they are all tied to entries from FIREBALL.IDS (projectile explosions). Never got around to identifying the BAM for all of them.

Sorry, I forgot to announce that I have updated the chart.

It is still under WIP status.

However, I am wondering it it would be better to replace their reference names with the ones used in FIREBALL.ids (e.g. GREEN_DRAGON_BLAST_FIREBALL with DRAGONACID) as mentioned in the Notes column.
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on
    Gwendolyne wrote: »
    However, I am wondering it it would better to replace their reference names with the ones used in FIREBALL.ids (e.g. GREEN_DRAGON_BLAST_FIREBALL with DRAGONACID) as mentioned in the Notes column.
    Agreed - I was using the simple names given to them by Near Infinity, but the IDS names from FIREBALL.ids would be better.
  • Bomb3rmanBomb3rman Member Posts: 9
    Hey Guys, just a simple question:

Yesterday, I managed to install a lot of mods with BWS for BG2EE. Worked fine, but I sadly missed several mods I used before with original BG2 in the Installation list (Ruad, Rolles, Unusual oddities shop etc... mostly Shop and Item-Mods.)

Now I found out that they have been made compatible with BG2EE.

Can I add them manually now AFTER finishing BWS? I am using SCS. But since they only add stuff, I'm hoping that this won't cause Problems. What would you say?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Unsafe, will definitely lead to small glitches, probably won't break your game but no promises. (SCS is very responsive to the environment it's installed in.) Uninstalling SCS and reinstalling it afterwards is safer, no idea how that works with BWS though.
    It's not recommended to install item mods after kit mods (if any) as some kits add items restriction and need to read all the items in the game to properly patch them.
  • Bomb3rmanBomb3rman Member Posts: 9
    Ok, so I guess it would make more sense to install the mods that are not recognized by BWS first (like Ruad etc...) and then statt the BWS to make it's regular install. So then the stuff should be recognized by the Kit Packs and SCS and get patched correctly? Thx guys!
    What is the script action to change the SEX attribute of a CRE (I'm talking about offset 0x0237)?
    Bomb3rman wrote: »
    Ok, so I guess it would make more sense to install the mods that are not recognized by BWS first (like Ruad etc...) and then statt the BWS to make it's regular install. So then the stuff should be recognized by the Kit Packs and SCS and get patched correctly? Thx guys!

Legends say you can pause BWS in the middle of an install precisely for things like that. I never did.it, though, but I do know it is possible.
    edited April 2019
    Hi :)

So, can I make a spell that grants a creature saving throw bonus specifically against fear or charm or paralyze or death spell?

To clarify: I want the creature under this spell to have, let's say, +1 ST bonus vs Fear, don't matter the kind of save is being rolled. And I want this save to be only against Fear effects, nothing else.

Thanks.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @subtledoctor: Remind me--what is the mod order for an SCS+Ascension+CDTweaks+Jimfix install? I'm going to try out SCS v32 for my LoB run and I wanted to make sure I didn't make any silly mistakes.
    What is the script action to change the SEX attribute of a CRE (I'm talking about offset 0x0237)?
    ChangeStat(Object,SEX,Value,2)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2019
    Are the script objects LastSeenBy() and LastTargetedBy() synonyms?
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    @Lulke93, no. And I don't think LastTargetedBy() works at all currently (but it may in futrue patch): https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29253-lasttargetedby/?tab=comments#comment-259053
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    edited May 2019
    I've looked into LastTargetedBy... and it is just a mess

1) The engine will only populate it when a creature that is being attacked suddenly becomes untargetable. The only two instances I've found that does this is when the creature is mazed / imprisoned, and when they leave the area. Them dying or otherwise being "untargetable" doesn't set this object. (BTW, these are the same circumstances under which the TargetUnreachable() trigger is set... )

2) Despite the name, the object is set on the attacker, not on the creature being attacked. Edit: Scratch that, after staring at it for a second, LastTargetedBy(Myself) can make sense in the context of the attacker.

3) Even AFTER these very unlikely events set the object, it is completely useless! The engine can no longer target the creature via objects, so what's even the point of the object in the first place?!
    edited May 2019
    Bubb wrote: »
    3) Even AFTER these very unlikely events set the object, it is completely useless! The engine can no longer target the creature via objects, so what's even the point of the object in the first place?!
    "Auto-pause: Target Gone" Maybe? I don't think maze/imprisonment set any other means of detection.