Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    I could install T&B, F&P, Song and Silence, Rogue Rebalancing and M&G on EET! When I tried again with quest and NPC mods (around 20 altogether) I again had the issue with the bard overhaul error. So my conclusion is that one of those are incompatible. But how is this even possible, I thought quests / NPC mods don't change anything that could interfere? :/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor Thieves can't use neither mace or warhammer.
  • ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    @ArjukKagrim I have no idea what those other mods might be doing to the game files handled later by the bard spellcasting system, BUT if it is an issue of having a filename longer than 8 letters, as suggested by your post, then maybe I can get around it without knowing what the actual problem is.

Try version 4b9.

Thanks! I just performed the same installation sequence like before and it works, so the fun with multiclass bards can begin :)
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2019
    IWD EE. All component M&G.
    Stumbled on a small problem. After creating a pure thief - i can't equip any weapons other than a staff, a club and a sling. But if i remove the component "new bard" - pure thief is created normal, i can equip weapon. Sniper, Burglar didn't have that problem. What can be done? How can I solve this problem?

I cannot reproduce this. I just did an "instal everything," and I can equip and use long swords, short swords, katanas, scimitars, clubs, daggers, darts, short bows, light crossbows, leather armor, bucklers... everything seems normal to me, with the possible exception of war hammer and maces. (Can thieves usually use them?)

Does your character happen to have an unusually low STR score?

Hi @subtledoctor !
    I reinstalled the game, put the last update M&G. The problem has not disappeared. The weapon slot itself is not active, I can not do anything.
    ng0mtuse33iq.png
    64bfhy5sawam.png
    The staff i equipped, but the dagger i cannot, not active weapon slot.

I have now installed Might & Guile v3.8.17, this problem does not exist. Weapons can equipped.
    Post edited by Snatch_a_kiss on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited May 2019
    Raduziel wrote: »
    @subtledoctor Thieves can't use neither mace or warhammer.

It should be either:

Thieves can use neither mace nor warhammer.

or

Thieves can't use either mace or warhammer.

Yes I know that the English language is stupid. If you did a word for word translation into either Hindi or Nepali, your grammar would be correct.
    Raduziel
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Having a couple of interesting bugs with bard spells. I've hit level 3 mage with my agent, and in addition to getting another cast of level 1 spells, I also get 15 casts of mirror image. Now my spell book shows that I get 1 level 2 spell, but before it was just an interface bug, and I didn't actually get the spell. Well, that changed wiht my last rest.
    As for the second bug. I dimissed Garrick from my party temporarily, and re-recruiting him seems to have completely broken his spell casting. He can't cast any spells anymore, and using the spell preparation ability now does nothing. Before I removed him from the party, his spells worked just fine. In fact, he didn't have the same bug my character seeems to have.
    edited May 2019
    @subtledoctor I actually have 15 casts. Re-resting doesn't change it, and neither does waiting.
    @subtledoctor Not really related, but could you open up multi-class kits to all races? Whatever you do to create them, they aren't detected by mods that remove class and kit restrictions. I've posted requests on other mod forums but I've never gotten any replies on the issue. I like to do things like Half-Orc or Halfling bards and druids, and I've had to rely on EEKeeper in the past to make it work. Unfortunately, with the new way bard spellcasting works, I can't do that without absolutely ruining bard spell slots.
    It really sucks that there is no way for me to play a Half-Orc bard with this mod now.
    edited May 2019
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    edited May 2019
    edited May 2019
    @subtledoctor Before, I used EEKeeper to change my race after character creation. The new way that bard spells work makes that impossible if I ever want spells to work.

I'll give the mod a try. How will the console commands work? Do I just need to have my character selected? Will it give me options on what kit to select?
    The proficiencies are different for the bard kits vs. the generic multiclass. Won't that mess up my proficiencies?
    ThacoBell
    The console command isn't doing anything. Do it works exactly as you posted?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Why does changing the characters race break anything to do with the spellcasting system to begin with?

Whether EEkeeper/NI/console, changing the race shouldn't have any adverse effects unless the spellcasting system explicitly filtered it's effects by race (in which case it wouldn't matter how you altered your race).
    @kjeron EEKeeper refreshes all spells on all party members when its used, its automatic and you can't stop it. This has the side effect of completely breaking the modded spell system of the new bards.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Well that's just stupid. I must have an older version that still allows disabling it.

You can change race in-game through the console with such:
    C:Eval('ChangeRace(Player1,HALFORC)')

ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    ThacoBell
    Meantime, what is it, a component of CDTweaks claims to remove racial restrictions, but doesn't really achieve that? I'll see if I can improve that.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to detect the kits added by this mod. I've tried posting in the CDTweaks thread a few times, but never got a response.

@kjeron You sure it can be turned off? The people I've talked to said it was a side effect of how the program worked, not an intended feature.