Skip to content

[v1.61] Drake, a human priest of Tyr NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    No BgT version ? :(
  • BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    I believe there is a bug when trying to install the original portrait by Lava.

ERROR: error loading [Drake/alt-portrait/Drake.bmp]
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Drake NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 404 files for [DRAKE/SETUP-DRAKE.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 404 files for [DRAKE/SETUP-DRAKE.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "Drake/alt-portrait/Drake.bmp")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-DRAKE.DEBUG and look for support at: Artemius_I
    Using Language [English]
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Brokenkatana

Fixed.
    Brokenkatana
  • ZanalinaZanalina Member Posts: 23
    Just wanted to say I've played with Drake in BG1 (about to start SOD) and I'm loving him so far. Well written, nice quests, not too chatty or OP. Would love to see him in BG2!
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Zanalina

Hey, thank you! Don’t worry, BG2 content will come. Eventually.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Improved SoD banter script.
    @JPme2187

Thanks. And, I'm sorry, but I laughed. If I were to write a reaction for Drake to your PC converting, he'd probably apologize... sarcastically. What's really funny is, Drake will get a +1 to Dexterity in BG2 which bumps it to 17... meaning he can dual into a thief.

To be honest, I had originally intended to add a couple of dialogues for a Priest of Tyr PC (as well as some kind of a reaction towards a EEKeepered tiefling PC for Sirene but that was discarded for different reasons) but out of laziness and a desperation to get the core content released, I never got around to writing them. Maybe I'll go back and write something there, even though it probably won't be much.
    Wise_GrimwaldIsewein
  • JPme2187JPme2187 Member Posts: 6
    :D

Any news on when the bg2 version will be available? My playthrough is not going particularly fast...
    @JPme2187

While I have two mods higher up on the priority list I *think* this will likely have the shortest development time out of my to-do work so far. No promises.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • FozzyFozzy Member Posts: 4
    Great mod, very well done. Thank you! I really like Drake, can't wait to see what happens in BG2.

I haven't completed SOD yet, I'm at the end of Chapter 10, but I seem to be having an issue with his romance. One romance dialog comes up during a quest and seems out of place for the timing and what he is saying. I'm not sure if that caused an issue and the romance is stuck.

I'm running v1.3 so maybe v1.4 fixes the issue?
    The issue is with the dialog that starts as "It's getting close to the end. You know that right?". This dialog comes up for me after activating Ymori's corpse trap in Chapter 9 near Bridgeport for the evil priest quest. Drake initiates this romance talk after, which seems like it should be later to me. The previous romance talk was Drake calling me out on my flirting and asking my intentions. That was the best btw, I was like "Whaaaaaaat! did he just call me out?". I've tried it a few times and the romance dialog always comes up and sometimes Drake's evil priest comment will come after. If the evil priest comment doesn't occur Drake will say it at the command tent in Chapter 10 after speaking with the commanders. If I click talk and then Drake my PC will walk over and Drake will initiate "It's getting close" romance dialog as well. I did this to make sure the evil priest dialog occurred at the correct time. I continued on and during camp at the end of Chapter 9 Drake asked to get drunk together, then the morning after talk. After this the romance hasn't progressed at all in Chapter 10. Drake's quest did occur in Chapter 10.

A bit long but I can provide more details if needed :smile: .
    @Fozzy

Thank you for your comment. I've looked over the SoD scripts and there are indeed a few missing timers that result in the aforementioned dialogue triggering much, much earlier than it's supposed to, and I've revised a few lines that should fix it.
    RaduzielGusindaWise_Grimwald
    Ok great, I'll try again with the new version.

I also remember one small possible bug from BG1.

Dynaheir initiates party dialogue with Drake and asks about his nobility. Drake replies with his story. The screen then pans back to Dynaheir for a response but she doesn't say anything and it is end dialogue.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    This guy reminds me so much of Sir Nord from IWD2 NPC. :) They would have been fast friends, I imagine!
    megamike15
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited June 2019
    Fozzy wrote: »

Dynaheir initiates party dialogue with Drake and asks about his nobility. Drake replies with his story. The screen then pans back to Dynaheir for a response but she doesn't say anything and it is end dialogue.

yqt3c56l8l4s.png

I can confirm the conversation seems unfinished in the code.

Also reading through the dialogue and how it is used to convey character and personality, Drake has the best writing of the three trilogy NPCs so far IMO.
    Skitia wrote: »
    Fozzy wrote: »

yqt3c56l8l4s.png

I’ll fix this when I remember what exactly I intended to write.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The first time I met Drake, when he was saying, "Help me defeat Bassilus and I'll let you keep the 5000 gold, and I'll give you 100 gold just for accepting," I was pretty sure he was scamming me. ;)
    Wise_Grimwald
    @OlvynChuru

Does he not give you the 100g anymore?

I got lazy at the time and just put the gold on his person which automatically gets added to the pool upon joining, but it’s possible it doesn’t work anymore.

That being said, he does mention having to sell his helmet to pay the bar tab if you talk with Zhurlong afterwards, so maybe it doesn’t make sense for him to have that gold anyway.
    Wise_GrimwaldIsewein
    Did you know: Drake’s stats was intentionally spread so that it would be possible to dual-class him into every cleric class combination with the use of tomes, and the extra INT book was added in to make this possible. I doubt that anyone would use such valuable resources for a fairly pointless gimmick but, hey, it’s possible. His improved stats in BG2 will let him dual to thief, and eventually, ranger without help though.

For that matter, has anyone even bothered to dual-class him into fighter? Probably more viable in BG2 anyway.
    Wise_GrimwaldDJKajuru
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    AionZ wrote: »
    Does he not give you the 100g anymore?

It's not that he didn't give me the 100 gold; I just had a suspicion he was joining us so we could defeat Bassilus for him, and then he'd take the holy symbol, return to the Beregost temple on his own, and run off with the 5000 gold. ;) The way he offered 100 gold just for having him join seemed really shady, like Xzar offering a healing potion.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @OlvynChuru

That's honestly hilarious.

Very appropriate though, as the whole intent was to write a character that is as un-knightly as possible.
    Wise_Grimwaldmegamike15OlvynChuru
    Finally got back to playing SoD and I am still having trouble. I started SoD over and completed half the game and I find Drake doesn't talk at all to the PC - aside from interjections and scripted points like the burned inn.

I'm using v1.5. I looked in the dialogue file and it says if C02DrakeTalk, Global, 2 then...etc. I did a file search and cannot locate the file C02DrakeTalk. Does this file create on installation and something went wrong, or is this a variable of another file and I can check to see what it says?

I admit I am not very savvy with this stuff and could be completely wrong and it is something else.
    edited June 2019
    *Insert incoherent rage-filled profanity at myself here.*

@Fozzy

Did I break it? I think I broke it. *checks* Yep, I broke it. Don't ask how, it was a very clumsy and very easily detected mistake. Fixed.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Completed SoD finally. Thank you for the great NPC it made BG more interesting. Everything worked up to the end.

After looking through the dialogue file it looks like I missed dialogue #9. It did not trigger at the end celebration part. Not sure if there is an issue or something went wonky in my game. I tried hanging around and resting at the celebration but I cannot get it to trigger.
    megamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited July 2019
    just started the sod portion of the mod. so far drake is a very good party member. i'm also using sirene and aura as well this party and all three are starting to become new favorites of mine. drake really feels like an older brother figure to my charname.

is drake supposed to have a leaving speech during the sod prologue dungeon? aura did and sirene had a friendship talk that acted like one. but drake did not say anything at all during that part.
    @megamike15

Weird. After the crypt crawl is over, Drake is supposed to have this to say:
    A job well done, if I do say so myself. What say we head to the nearest tavern and crack some of their finest kegs of ale once we are through with this sad place?
    Since Drake never leaves Baldur's Gate during the time-skip between the crypt and the crusade unlike Aura or Sirene, I decided against giving him a proper dialogue.

By the way, is this what Aura said at the end of the crypt?
    Ugh. Glad that's over. I could really do with a cup of tea to warm up right now. Or maybe some hot cocoa. Mmm...
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yes thats what aura said.
    @megamike15

Ah I think I know what's wrong. It's not a big issue but I'll get it fixed in 1.6.