Skip to content

Ascension for BG2:EE

12346»

Comments

• DrAzTiKDrAzTiK Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2019
    sorry but what is a "turnabout "?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    clicking on the pools became very sensitive when i had turnabout installed.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    DrAzTiK wrote: »

A mod that works with Ascension to level the playing field a bit. It gives you the ability to summon npcs to aid you in the final battle in much the same way Amelyssan does. I don't remember all of the options, but you can summon Gorion, Charname's mother, Khalid, and Dynaheir among others.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    DrAzTiK wrote: »

A mod that works with Ascension to level the playing field a bit. It gives you the ability to summon npcs to aid you in the final battle in much the same way Amelyssan does. I don't remember all of the options, but you can summon Gorion, Charname's mother, Khalid, and Dynaheir among others.

my issue with this mod is as it came out before alot of other mods that went and fleshed out the characters it now causes inconsistency in characterization, dynaheir is out of character compared to her bg1npc project version and sod. and if you have reunion you now have two versions of your mother.

khalid is the only one that still feels the same imo.

• SageSage Member Posts: 28
    That's hilarious. I can't imagine Khalid being much use against Amelyssan. XD
    she isnt the one summoning them. you are.
  • SageSage Member Posts: 28
    megamike15 wrote: »
    she isnt the one summoning them. you are.

That's clear, hence the "against". It's just that Khalid died no higher than level 10 and Amelyssan and her five are pretty much demigods at that point. Still, the idea is nice.
    Sage wrote: »
    That's hilarious. I can't imagine Khalid being much use against Amelyssan. XD

Your allies are levelled and equipped to the point that they help. But they won't win the fight for you.
    i think it does not matter if they die either. they get back up and do their interjections during the final choice no matter what happens.
    megamike15 wrote: »
    i think it does not matter if they die either. they get back up and do their interjections during the final choice no matter what happens.

Really? I kept reloading until I was able to keep everyone alive. That will make my next run easier.
  • LilainaLilaina Member Posts: 3
    Hello.

I can't seem to get Demogorgon and Abazigail to work properly with this mod. Demogorgon triggers timestop and his buffs but after that he just stands there. In his dragon form, Abazigail casts spells but doesn't attack in melee.

I'm playing with the latest version of 2.5, made several new characters, and only ever installed Ascension (it didn't show any errors). I also tried several older versions from github but those had the same issues. Amelyssan and Illasera work fine. Only by going back to 1.3 version of the game and using a much older version of ascension could I get those two bosses to work, but then the final fight has the old bugs mentioned here :P.

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello,
    is there any chance to make this mod modular?

I'll be honest, I hate the last fight with Amelissan from this mod because I find it very cheesy...
    But I still would like to have in my game:

> the improved pools (The fact that you gain godlike powers)
    > enough of the core content to use the improved Abazigal etc etc.
    > and the new slayer improvements
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Lilaina wrote: »
    I can't seem to get Demogorgon and Abazigail to work properly with this mod. Demogorgon triggers timestop and his buffs but after that he just stands there. In his dragon form, Abazigail casts spells but doesn't attack in melee.

On the latest BG2EE version of 2.5 and with Ascension version of 1.7.0 that I am using currently, I have also faced the same issues. At least Abazigal was doing something, but Demogorgon was very disappointing just standing there waiting for his fate right after his buffs and timestop. I guess he was supposed to summon fiends, but I had protection from evil on my party on, so I thought that was the reason. But it definitely needs fixing.
  • LilainaLilaina Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2019
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    Lilaina wrote: »

On the latest BG2EE version of 2.5 and with Ascension version of 1.7.0 that I am using currently, I have also faced the same issues. At least Abazigal was doing something, but Demogorgon was very disappointing just standing there waiting for his fate right after his buffs and timestop. I guess he was supposed to summon fiends, but I had protection from evil on my party on, so I thought that was the reason. But it definitely needs fixing.

Yeah, he's supposed to summon a bunch of demons with "Summon Abyssal Host" but that doesn't work either. I guess people either prefer not fighting him or have SCS as well so people don't realize it's not working. With SCS v31 on top of ascension Demogorgon does fight back but it's just the vanilla + scs version that gates in a single demon every now and then. So SCS fixes him by overwriting him or something. But on its own without any other mods Ascension is just kinda broken atm.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited May 2019
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention I don't have SCS, very good point. Also I don't know if relevant, but I have Quest Pack installed after Ascension too.
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    I just started Throne of Bhaal and decided that I don't like Ascension so much, so I uninstalled it. However, it turns out that uninstalling Ascension also uninstalls SCS! Now I have to create a new modded installation from scratch :disappointed:

The other mods I had installed are Tweaks Anthology, SCS v32, Portraits everywhere, Lighting pack, Jimfix and EE UI Tweaks.
  • BrecherBrecher Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2019
    Running a BGEE2.5 -> EET installation.

Should i use the 'Restore Bhaalspawn powers' component from Ascension or from Unfinished Business 27rc1?
    Post edited by Brecher on
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    @Brecher they should be identical, but when in doubt I would opt for the more recent UB.

Regarding Turnabout, I only really like the options at the last pool (Mother/Gorion). It feels too cheesy suddenly being able to revive Khalid (and it kind of ruins Jaheira's whole story arc), while there is a case to be made for the former two's fated involvement in the finale. Alianna in Reunion and Turnabout are not all that different, at least when playing an evil/power-hungry Bhaalspawn.
    i just feel reuinion works as a better goodbye for gorion and the characterization for Alianna is better there as well.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Version 2.0 of Ascension is now available; discussion thread here.
This discussion has been closed.