Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 186 (1st and final update)
    Jacques (male elf mage/thief, Grond0); Meltio (male half-elf fighter/druid, Gate70)

The run roundabout keeps spinning ever faster, but we've still not managed to get off ;). This random pairing looked superficially strong, with the multi-classes offering something of everything. However, care was always going to be needed in the early stages to keep Jacques alive while HPs were low. That meant it wasn't a good risk to attempt to travel more or less immediately to find Greywolf, given the possibility of being ambushed by hobgoblins on the way - but Jacques was keen to upgrade his sword as soon as possible and took the chance.

The result saw an ambush by half a dozen hobgoblins. Four of those targeted Jacques and 2 of those 4 rolled critical hits with their initial attacks - meaning he was dead even before the arrow of the final one thunked into his body ...

:'(
    Grond0CrevsDaaklolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Certainly lucky against those Battle Horrors!
    Grond0
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @Flashburn: Excellent work on taking down Venduris! To my knowledge, that's the first time it's ever been done solo by a solo character.
    I have actually done it before in my solo War Hulk run, but I'm not sure if it really "counted" because of how crazy strong he became. I wasn't sure how a solo mage could survive this encounter because you start completely unbuffed, so I gave it some serious thought and came up with this strategy. I'd hate to try this with a solo divine caster since they can't use sequencers or contingencies.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehr
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    I think the problem with Venduris isn't Venduris himself but the barbarian guy with stunning axe. Iirc, it doesn't allow a save (I might be wrong, haven't played RR for ages).
    But if you got Chain Contingency (and a Planetar); or are willing to bite Venduris' head off before the battle starts there shouldn't be much problems with them.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakAerakar