Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2019
    southfla79 wrote: »
    there's an issue with avoreen-mazzy.tpa. Seems there's something left over at line 700 (//STRING_SET #65024 @9999304) causing the component to fail. Removing the line, component installs fine.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Edit: Fixed locally and will be shipped with 1.9.7.5. Thanks for the report, @southfla79

If anyone want to fix this locally to fully use the component:

Go to Lib/NPC/Arvoreen-Mazzy.tpa

Line 700. Locate STRING_SET #65024 @9999304

Delete the #. The line should look like this now: STRING_SET 65024 @9999304

Save and install.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Sorry if this sounds a little bit off-topic, but I have a question about your PnP source and in particular the revised bestiary.

How do you determine saving throws, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom and Charisma? I'm asking because there's nothing about them in the Monstrous Manual (the only exception here is Intelligence, which is listed for some reason....)
    Hi @Luke93

Saving Throws comes from a rule where a creature's ST, as a rule of thumb, are the same of a Fighter of the same "level" (Hit Dice).

Wis and Cha are arbitrary values as they have zero impact on gameplay.

Str and Con I don't really remember my source now but I do know that I build it in a way that their Damage and Hit Point would fit the 2nd MM description.

I'll double check if for you.
    _Luke_
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Are Hit Points and Thac0 supposed to scale with level?

For instance, Umber Hulks roll for 8d8 + 8 => this means that their HP range from a minimum of 1*8+8=16 to a maximum of 8*8+8=72. Is this true for every level (i.e., a level 1 Umber Hulk can potentially have 72 HP just like a level 5 one?) Moreover, is Thac0 equal to 11 regardless of its level?
    Luke93 wrote: »
    Are Hit Points and Thac0 supposed to scale with level?

For instance, Umber Hulks roll for 8d8 + 8 => this means that their HP range from a minimum of 1*8+8=16 to a maximum of 8*8+8=72. Is this true for every level (i.e., a level 1 Umber Hulk can potentially have 72 HP just like a level 5 one?) Moreover, is Thac0 equal to 11 regardless of its level?

@Luke93

There's no such a thing as a level 1 Umber Hulk. A creature's "level" (HD) is given by the rulebook. If a UH has 8HD + 8 it is treated as a Level 8 creature for every purpose - and I think that this +X is what I used to rule Constitution.

As yes, the HP of a UH may vary from a very unlucky roll (1*8+8) to a very lucky one (8*8+8). I make things simpler and use max hit points.

And yes, as a general rule, a creature's Thac0 (as well as AC and number of attacks) doesn't change or scale.

I would prefer to deal with this subject in a PM as it is walking away from DoF to general AD&D rules.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2019
    @Raduziel does this mod work with Aionz Hivemaster kit and Pai Nai?
    edited June 2019
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    @Raduziel does this mod work with Aionz Hivemaster kit and Pai Nai?

@Necromanx2

AFAIK @AionZ 's Hivemaster comes from two different sources Artisan's Kitpack and Pai Nai NPC Mod (at least it was like that some time ago).

The kitpack was about to be updated with DoF's compatibility code (don't know if this already happened) and IDK if AionZ would do the same altering in Pai Nai.

So this question is better be addressed to him.
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    With the announcement of Baldur's Gate 3 I just had to take on another BG1/2 run again and of course your mod is a must have at this point.
    I was a bit surprised that after a new, fresh install with no other mods other than yours, I get an error at the beggning of the game + UI is all messed up + the descriptions of the kits are replaced with dialogues.

orw2513hubxw.png

Other than that, installation runs smoothly, no errors, no conflicts, no nothing. A clean installation but all of these side effects.

Downloaded the latest version of your list and my game is at v2.3.67 <- maybe the problem is here?

If there's something else I can provide you, let me know.

Thanks again!
    @Vanhardisk

I'm very surprised to see my mod classified as a must have. I truly appreciate that as a lot of time and energy and love was (and is) put in this project - this kind of feedback is sincerely better than money.

---

Yes, the problem is with your game's version as some UI changes happened between v2.3 and 2.5 and DoF had to address that.

Unfortunately there is no safe way to make Weidu check for the game's version (at least that I'm aware of) so I can't write a condition for this part of the code.

Sorry for not being able to help you. I don't know the consequences of this error - truly couldn't find any in a (brief) test. Maybe @kjeron can kindly explain what issues may be ahead so you make a better judgement of worths the update or the installation.
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2019
    @Raduziel No need, it's on me at this point. I just wanted to make sure that was it. I'll update the game and problem solved. Will let you know if succeeds.
    Thanks for everything!

@Raduziel After Update: working like charm.
    Post edited by Vanhardisk on
    Raduziel
  • Nezg4lNezg4l Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    Hello, I was wondering how the stronghold component would interract with NPC strongholds mod? Are they compatible at all? Thanks!

Edit: Ok, I wanted to install your mod as part of a big setup with Roxanne's EET install tool, and I learned that the mod was removed because install order was messed up. Do you have any advice on how I could install it manually while still using the tool for other mods, or is it still a problem to use it with the tool at the moment?
    Post edited by Nezg4l on
    edited July 2019
    @Nezg4l

About the NPC Stronghold: that shouldn't be a problem, I suppose. But I think that DoF needs to be installed after that.

I'll tag @kjeron as he is the mastermind behind this component, I pretty much just add stuff and make its maintenance.

As for Roxanne's tool... The problem goes a little beyond install order mess. She added the mod without my consent or knowledge and made a mess of it bugs that didn't exist. I was as polite as possible to solve the matter.

I would add DoF after everything but I Hate Undead, other kits that use DoF's sphere system, Tweaks Anthology, SCS and EET_End.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • Nezg4lNezg4l Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    @Raduziel

Ok, thanks for your help :)
    Yeah I saw the topic about DoF and Roxanne's tool, I didn't want to bring this conflict up nor do I wish to take sides, I just wanna use both ^^

From the install order in the first post of this topic, I also have to install Tome and Blood and Improved Shamanic Dance after DoF, is that still correct? As for diverse tweaks, only Anthology and SCS come after, not things like klatu, EETweaks or aTweaks? I have a bunch of components from several tweak packs in my selection. I'll have to check the install order from Roxanne's tool to see where I can insert DoF, if possible at all, or maybe fiddle with it a bit. Hoping not to make a mess xD

Ah, also, what about Shadow magic? It introduces multiclass kits for hybrid divine spellcasters, my understanding would be that it should come after DoF? I know that with Faith and Powers, the shadow magic hybrid classes using divine magic didn't work properly as it didn't take the sphere system into account. Maybe the install order was wrong, and maybe it will be the same with DoF and I'll just have to ignore those kits, which is not a huge problem.

Edit: Ok, from what I gathered looking into the install order file, I would have to place DoF right before Tome and Blood, that would be just after Divine remix spell packs (if those are compatible - are they? Also, are cleric remix and druid remix any use if I install DoF?).
    That would make DoF install before pretty much all tweak packs (atweaks, EET tweaks, klatu, SCS, tweak anthology).
    Without altering the install order, that would however make DoF install BEFORE some items (namely thrown hammers and 2h axes from IWDification). Also after spell packs from IWDification, but I don't use those because I get them from SCS. Which brings a question: spell imports from SCS would come AFTER DoF. Is that a problem?
    If it is, I can easily move Thrown hammers and IWDification right before DoF (currently sitting just after Tome and Blood, so that would just switch those) and use spell imports from IWDification instead of SCS.
    Other question: Sandrah NPC from Sandrah saga comes after all this, and I can hardly move this one in the order. Would that be a problem for Sandrah's kit?
    Post edited by Nezg4l on
    @Nezg4l Sorry for the cliffhanger but RL is kind of crazy these days and some of your questions requires some tests and a QA with @DavidW so I won't be able to address it until Saturday.
    @Raduziel I am in SoD (using DoF v1.9.7.4) and got M'khiin to join and she was 10th level. She does not have any 4th or 5th level known spells other than the default Shaman spells (one at each level). I pretty sure I should have been able to select 4th and 5th level Druid spells for her to know.
    @Raduziel I am in SoD (using DoF v1.9.7.4) and got M'khiin to join and she was 10th level. She does not have any 4th or 5th level known spells other than the default Shaman spells (one at each level). I pretty sure I should have been able to select 4th and 5th level Druid spells for her to know.

I'll check it out and upload a fix ASAP
    edited July 2019
    @Necromanx2

Can't reproduce.

Using BGWiki as a reference I know that at level 10 a Shaman has the following number of spells:

Level 1: 5

Level 2: 4

Level 3: 3

Level 4: 2

Level 5: 1

Those are summed to the free Shaman spells. I'll list those in bold as I present what my Level 10 M'Khiin has and will add the sum of the non-bolded spells in parenthesis at the end of each line:

Level 1: Bless, Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Sunscorch, Spirit Ward (5)

Level 2: Barkskin, Slow Poison, Beast Claw, Flame Blade, Writhing Fog (4)

Level 3: Call Lightning, Icelance, Summon Insects, Spiritual Clarity (3)

Level 4: Stoneskin, Cloud of Pestilence, Spirit Fire (2)

Level 5: Cloudkill, Recall Spirit (1)

dj6bjz6g7cmt.png
    hk5k3xzyrbaf.png
    3m1649bdfu3i.png
    wvsap4yflweg.png
    gi9x79vtdkk6.png

So I need to ask:

1) Are you sure that you exhausted the use of the "Spell Selection" special ability?

2) Do you have any other mods that touch the Shaman spell selection?

3) Have you used EEKeeper to edit the selected spells (I know that it may lead to bugs sometimes)?

Thanks and sorry for taking this long to get back to you.
    @Raduziel,
    That is why you are smart and I am not. Totally forgot about the spell selection ability for shaman. I just selected all my spells.
    Sorry for my stupidity!
    @Raduziel,
    That is why you are smart and I am not. Totally forgot about the spell selection ability for shaman. I just selected all my spells.
    Sorry for my stupidity!

Don't worry. I'm just glad that everything is working as intended.
  • CzartchonnCzartchonn Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    Regarding the Hawkeye of Solonor. I have just started a game with the NPC mod and made Korin one. However he has no extra attacks from being specialized. Also made a PC which has the same problem - No APR is gained from specializing. Also no penalty is given if using a nonproficiency weapon. So something seems up with this kit.
    Post edited by Czartchonn on
    Raduziel
    Czartchonn wrote: »
    Regarding the Hawkeye of Solonor. I have just started a game with the NPC mod and made Korin one. However he has no extra attacks from being specialized. Also made a PC which has the same problem - No APR is gained from specializing. Also no penalty is given if using a nonproficiency weapon. So something seems up with this kit.

I'll try to look into it today, thanks for reporting @Czartchonn and sorry for your trouble.
    Raduziel wrote: »
    I'll try to look into it today, thanks for reporting @Czartchonn and sorry for your trouble.

Also seems to be able to equip all weapons. Even twohanded swords and other edged weapons.

Raduziel
    edited July 2019
    @Czartchonn Using all weapons is intended behavior. You can see this at the kit's description inside this thread (first page), at the character creation screen and at your character sheet.

As for the other bug, I was unable to reproduce. A Lv 1 Hawkeye of Solonor with two pips in Longsword and Longbow gets:

Thac0: +2 (+1 from specialization, +1 from being an Elf), Damage: +2 and APR: 3/2 when using a Longsword

Thac0: +2 (+1 from specialization, +1 from being an Elf), Damage: +2 and APR: 5/2 when using a Longbow

Thaco: -2 and APR: 1 when using a quarterstaff.

Can you please provide:

Screenshot of your proficiencies, as well as some from the inventory screen while using specialized and non-proficient weapons;

WeiDU.log

Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.DEBUG

---

Those will help me understand what is happening on your side of the game.

Thanks.

edited July 2019
    @Raduziel in 1.9.7.4 you made this update:
    - Kit altering: Clerics who receive APR as Fighters will NOT receive APR due to Specialization anymore (only +0.5 at levels 7 and 13).
    EDIT: I see Czartchonn issue is a Ranger/Hawkeye. Wonder if the no APR code impacts multi-class?
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    @Czartchonn Using all weapons is intended behavior. You can see this at the kit's description inside this thread (first page), at the character creation screen and at your character sheet.

As for the other bug, I was unable to reproduce. A Lv 1 Hawkeye of Solonor with two pips in Longsword and Longbow gets:

Thac0: +2 (+1 from specialization, +1 from being an Elf), Damage: +2 and APR: 3/2 when using a Longsword

Thac0: +2 (+1 from specialization, +1 from being an Elf), Damage: +2 and APR: 5/2 when using a Longbow

Thaco: -2 and APR: 1 when using a quarterstaff.

Can you please provide:

Screenshot of your proficiencies, as well as some from the inventory screen while using specialized and non-proficient weapons;

WeiDU.log

Setup-DeitiesofFaerun.DEBUG

---

Those will help me understand what is happening on your side of the game.

Thanks.

Found the reason - APR on spec seems to mess up APR for this mod.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36197/mod-release-apr-on-spec#latest

So guess I will have to figure out who only gets 1 APR for specializing. The Ranger/Cleric or the Swashbuckler. Thanks for looking into it though :)

Raduziel
    @Raduziel in 1.9.7.4 you made this update:
    - Kit altering: Clerics who receive APR as Fighters will NOT receive APR due to Specialization anymore (only +0.5 at levels 7 and 13).
    EDIT: I see Czartchonn issue is a Ranger/Hawkeye. Wonder if the no APR code impacts multi-class?

Nope. For being a Ranger the Hawkeye is not affected by this change. This was made exactly to empower Fighter/Clerics and Ranger/Clerics as the warrior-deity clerics were too strong.
    edited July 2019
    Hey there

Starting up a Siege of Dragonspear game, but Dorn seems to have too few spells. At level 9 Blackguard I can only cast Sanctuary and Curse. That is with only DoF installed.

If I create a new Blackguard I get the spells just fine, it is just Dorn that for some reason doesn't get them added to him.
    Raduziel
    edited July 2019
    Hey there

Starting up a Siege of Dragonspear game, but Dorn seems to have too few spells. At level 9 Blackguard I can only cast Sanctuary and Curse. That is with only DoF installed.

If I create a new Blackguard I get the spells just fine, it is just Dorn that for some reason doesn't get them added to him.

Thanks. Probably I've forgotten to add Dorn's SoD's version to the code. I'll check it out immediately.

The two obvious things I thought would be the problem weren't. I'll have to dig further.
    Hey there

Thanks. Probably I've forgotten to add Dorn's SoD's version to the code. I'll check it out immediately.

The two obvious things I thought would be the problem weren't. I'll have to dig further.

Don't know if it plays a role, but the savegame was imported from BGEE.
    Hey there

Don't know if it plays a role, but the savegame was imported from BGEE.

Thanks, all intel is helpful.