Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] [BETA] Monastic Orders of Faerun

1234568»

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,189
    edited October 2018

I wonder if something occurred during the Component 4 -- Apply Item Restrictions process to cause all of this?

No; see below.

This leads me to believe the game engine considers me to be a Fighter/Thief and not a Monk. I am curious as to what the game consequences of this will be. I think if I were a single class Sun Soul, I would be offered the Thief Guildhouse instead of the D'Arnise Keep as a stronghold in SoA. It also implies that I will miss out on the nifty Monk HLAs in Refinements. Can anyone else confirm or refute any of this?

The 0.4 version of the mod intentionally moves monks into the thief class. That allows the possibility for multiclass monks (since the engine allows multiclass thieves but not multiclass monks). So yes, you are correct in that the game engine considers you a thief.

Item usability can be dealt with, strongholds can be dealt with, HLAs can be dealt with. All that stuff can be dealt with. Might already be - I don't know. But if that stuff hasn't been dealt with yet (the version is still only "0.4"), it likely will be in the future.

Post edited by subtledoctor on
  • lightbringer32lightbringer32 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Subtledoctor!

You beat me to it. I found the solution to the item issue. In EE Keeper, I discovered a slew of "effects" attached to my character all called "Cannot Use Item" and referencing an item code. The resource was from this mod. I suspect that the Restrictions component took all items classified as Armor (which the special monk robe was) and banned them. The nature of the items on the list supports the notion (helms, shields, 2h weapons, etc).

In EE Keeper, I was able to remove the effect on my character keyed to the item in question and now it's wearable.

Carry on! :D

subtledoctor
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13
    Found a small error in SetUp-MonasticOrders.tp2:
    backstab
    sneakatt
    crippstr
    addresses only 40 rows - means level 0 to 39.
    Level 40 is empty
    This is the reason why remove xp cap from tweaks anthology won't work.

Manually editing the .2da or adding one row to all kits is the easiest solution.

• chunkyhobbitchunkyhobbit Member Posts: 7
    Stunning blows no longer stuns. I hit an enemy and the chat says "Stunned" but the enemy is not stunned.

• chunkyhobbitchunkyhobbit Member Posts: 7
    Sorry but I cannot play this mod with such a bug. Terrible that upon installing and picking a regular Monk kit, the stunning blows (the most important early game ability) does not work.

• HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 56
    Installed this on a fresh copy of BG 1. The Kits, race and multi-class options seem to install and the classes have the offensive and defensive stances, but the THACO and HP progressions are still those of a core thief.

Has anyone else had the THACO / HP problem? Ever any mod updates that addressed this?

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 926
    @Halcyon, I just checked the code and the HP and THAC0 updates should be working. Can you send me the HPCLASS.2da and the QDMONK**.2da files from your override directory?

edited June 26
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    @Halcyon, I just checked the code and the HP and THAC0 updates should be working. Can you send me the HPCLASS.2da and the QDMONK**.2da files from your override directory?

I actually haven't attempted the mod since I posted in February, I'll reload it and check; thanks.

Loaded Mod Merge and Monastic Order, attack and hp shake out to thief.

Huh, actually I've never posted or messaged a file on here and have no idea how to convert the file to something I can post. Will work on it.

Post edited by Halcyon on
    @Halcyon, feel free to email them to me if you want ([email protected]). They're just plain text files with a weird extension. The files I need to check are HPCLASS.2da and QDMONK**.2da for your installation.

Halcyon
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    @Halcyon, feel free to email them to me if you want ([email protected]). They're just plain text files with a weird extension. The files I need to check are HPCLASS.2da and QDMONK**.2da for your installation.

Thanks, I'm away from my computer for the holiday weekend but I'll email you the docs when I get home Saturday.

• RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 73
    Quick question, is there anyway to prevent a Gnome Illusionist/Monk from turning invisible when equiping a mage robe? as soon as the robe goes on the character disapears and all i see is the selection circle.

@Rangeltoft , I'm not super well-versed on animations, but what I suspect is happening is that the game tries to display an armor level for the Robe that it can't show because the custom Monk animations don't have the armor level animations assigned. The easy solution might be to just add Robes to the list of equipment Monks cannot use, but I'm sure that would ruffle some feathers. I'll look into possible animation fixes when I have a moment.

• RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 73
    @Aquadrizzt though it might be something like that, remeber reading that the shortys were just shrunken human paperdolls. Worked fine on Rasaad, so for now he will be my Mage/Monk (and 10 times better for it :P )