Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited July 2019
    @Flashburn I like your idea for a party. I have decided to have a "I hate undead party" for my next run. Doing this will of course mean that the party is not as balanced as it could be. I think that you might discover that in your run through, but it will make it better from a Role Playing perspective.

Jiwan's party meanwhile defeated Mulahey with some difficulty. That was my own fault. I cast a spell that causes a cloud of cold and then summoned weasels. The weasels were hurt by the cloud and turned on me. Meanwhile Mulahey held both Alora and Thorin. It therefore turned into a long battle which only ended when the weasel spell expired. By that time Thorin was badly hurt. However 8 hours of sleep sorted thaat out. :)

We went to pick up Xan and discovered that he had become a bard. That was a mistake in the installation. It looks like another installation is needed. I will however persist with the current game. I am using party members that are usually ignored by me. It will make a change to use them for a while, and if I do want another mage, Indira and Dynaheir are available.

I bumped into Skeezer Lumpkin. I asked him to join the party and discovered that he is nowhere near the character that I remember. He is completely nerfed and I am not sure whether or not to keep him.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    FlashburnCrevsDaakussnorwaylolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2019
    @Flashburn I like your idea for a party. I have decided to have a "I hate undead party" for my next run. Doing this will of course mean that the party is not as balanced as it could be. I think that you might discover that in your run through, but it will make it better from a Role Playing perspective.

If this I Hate Undead party is using my mod, be aware that an IWD campaign will be a breeze (except for a dungeon or two) and a BGEE campaign won't let most of the kits shine their abilities.

BG2EE is more balanced.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Raduziel I could see that ahead of time. However, I do have DSoSC installed and those kits should shine there, perhaps in Bonehill to some extent also.
    RaduzielStummvonBordwehr
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited July 2019
    please put autoplay videos inside spoiler tags
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    @Grond0 + others, how long do your multiplayer sessions go on for? It seems in the last one you completed a significant chunk of the first game in just one go; I start to feel pretty slow when I consider it takes me one of my one-hour sessions just to complete 1-2 minor goals or battles. :tongue:
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Started a new run with a Sword Dancer, War Hulk, and an Artisan's Kitpack Kensai. They are tearing the games in half so far and working out much better than the We Hate Magic group. I am surprised by just how quickly they can kill things because I think this is the fastest I've ever gotten to BG2 before, and the Sword Dancer just killed Kangaxx like it was nothing.
    lolien
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited July 2019
    @semiticgod
    Enemies trigger rage bonuses on the War Hulk well enough if there is a great number of them or if they're particularly strong, so the Sword Dancer doesn't really need to do that. But I bet that could actually be useful in certain situations.

The Kensai has an HLA that causes crits to reduce a creature's physical damage resistance by 5% for 4 rounds, so if I can get him to score a crit or two, I can have the Sword Dancer make the War Hulk lose control and stack the rage bonuses for inconceivable amounts of damage. This should work on creatures that have very high or 100% physical resistance but no MINHP1 item. The Chromatic Demon is the first thing that comes to mind Oops, scratch that, Chromatic Demon is immune to crits.

I will still have to try this on something.
    CrevsDaaklolien