Skip to content

[mod] Yoshimo's Remorse

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
I am happy to let you all know that we - @jmaeq and myself - just released a new mod: Yoshimo's Remorse!

Was the event at the Asylum truly the ending to Yoshimo's adventures with the Bhaalspawn? Is there simply no way to redeem himself?

Yoshimo's Remorse is a mod for BG2:ToB that makes Yoshimo a playable character in Throne of Bhaal. However, he is not what you expect him to be... Prepare yourself for new adventures and talks with the infamous bounty hunter, a tormented soul that was left with nothing but regrets. Listen to him as this may be his last chance to find peace.

Mod Page
Forum
Download

Enjoy, everyone! :)

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited June 2019
    your yoshimo mods have made him one of my favorite characters in the saga.

now for the question you knew i was gonna ask. is this compatible with yoshimo's romance?
    Post edited by megamike15 on
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    edited June 2019
    You can install both mods, but if you romance him, you won't experience Remorse content. However, if you install Romance only for situation talks etc, then you may experience those and then enjoy the Remorse content :) It is not compatible with Keeping Yoshimo, though.

Thank you!
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Not to put too find a tack on it, but does this mean the trip to the temple of Illmater is no longer necessary?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I was actually talking to Lava about this yesterday - there’s no check for what you do with the heart yet since there’s quite a few variables you have to play with for the different possible outcomes (ToB start, taking the heart into ToB, never taking Yoshimo at all, etc.) and it’s quite complicated, but it might be added in later.

Bear in mind I wasn’t involved in this mod, so my understanding of it is limited though.
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    AionZ is correct, there's nothing (as of now) to check if Yoshimo's heart has been taken to the temple of Ilmater. Yoshimo's Remorse doesn't change anything in SoA, it only affects ToB.
    @jmaeq

After thinking about it I think the easiest method would be a global that gets set to 1 if Yoshimo's heart is brought to ToB, thrown away or if he was never recruited at all, and an addition to the script that disables the messenger if the global returns true. That way, a ToB start would still get to see the content, since the global would never be set.
    AionZ wrote: »
    @jmaeq

After thinking about it I think the easiest method would be a global that gets set to 1 if Yoshimo's heart is brought to ToB, thrown away or if he was never recruited at all, and an addition to the script that disables the messenger if the global returns true. That way, a ToB start would still get to see the content, since the global would never be set.

Please correct me if I am missing something or am thinking about this incorrectly, but instead of checking for those 3 conditions, wouldn't a check to see if his heart has been returned to the temple suffice because the global would only be set once it was returned?
    edited June 2019
    That would make it difficult to enable the content for ToB. If you make it set a flag automatically for a ToB start, I think it would also set it for an SoA game that transitions to ToB, regardless of whether you handed in the heart.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Compatibility with EET?
    It should be. :)
    @swit @jastey @AionZ - tagging you as I am not an expert when it comes to EET, but there are no chapter refferences here, no Fate Spirit content, no usual SoA-ToB transfer (but a special script designed by @AionZ ).
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    That's a fierce statement from Roxanne considering the mod doesn't even touch the original Yoshimo so I'm not sure what she is referring to.
    @jastey - In the new version it does touch him, but in a very different way. It includes some spoilers, so the rest should be written in the spoiler tag:
    @AionZ wrote a code for 1.1 to integrate SoA and ToB, so the original Yoshimo is moved and brought back to life. That means he uses the old DV, but everything is set via the script, not using Fate Spirit or anything like that. As it is all set upon bringing him back, it should all still be compatible with EET. Unless I missed something.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited July 2019
    Still, this doesn't affect the Yoshimo in SoA in any way.

EDIT: Really, the only thing I see is that it copies the mod portraits for classic BGII for EET instead of the EE ones. That's a really heavy corruption indeed, especially since it's only the portraits for the mod-Yoshimo in ToB. My last statement might contain sarcasm.
    edited July 2019
    Here we are with another new update! In v1.2, you'll find:
    • Corrected Portraits for EET.
    • Patching or the 2da files should work always.
    • Installs now on classic BGII / BGT.

Thanks to jastey, LavaDelVortel, and AionZ for this update!
    edited July 2019
    so what causes the mod to start? i just did a run of tob and it never came up at all. was it because i gave the heart to the temple in soa?
    We may need more information:

a) I presume that it is a SoA + ToB game, yes?
    b) As I understood, during the SoA play you had returned the heart to Ilmater's temple in SoA, right?
    c) Do you use a BG2 or BG2EE game?
    d) Are you using any other Yoshimo-related mod? Like the Romance or Keeping Yoshimo?

The mod's plot should start right after the 1st Pocket Plane challange.
    1. was a full soa + tob game
    2. yes
    3. bg2 ee
    4. i have yoshimo romance but that should not have caused it as i was romancing neera.
    Hmmm, interesting. @jmaeq - do you think that with a savegame we could find out what may be the problem?

About Yoshimo Romance - previously if the variable was checking for:
    !Global("YoshimoRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("YoshimoRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

So if you started the romance AND killed it later, then you could still lock the remorse. As I wasn't satisfied with the idea as Remorse should work for those who kill the romance soon enough, I replaced !Global("YoshimoRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) with check for GlobalLT("YoshimoRomanceTalk","GLOBAL",18) making it possible to enjoy Remorse if you give the romantic relationship a kick soon enough. So, the main question then - Is there any chance you used 1.0? The up to date version should handle the matter in a much better way.
    Using Yoshimo's Remorse v1.2, I could not replicate the same issue. I had Yoshimo's heart and gave it to the priest of Ilmater. With the same game, I went ahead and completed the first challenge, which did trigger the cutscene when I moved the PC to the fates. Although, I did not have Yoshimo's Romance installed. If the romance is indeed the issue, the updated version should handle that as Lava suggested.
    ok it may have been due to me using 1.1 not 1.2.
    Question: if I didn't bring the heart to ilmater, is there a variable I could set before going into ToB to make Yoshimo's remorse happen?
    This should do the trick:
    SetGlobal("YYYoshimoDoomed","GLOBAL",0)
    2.0 has arrived! What's new? Let's find out:
    • Russian translation now included.
    A huge thank you to Arkie over at G3 for the Russian translation and making this version possible!
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    I'm quite curious and interested in this MOD, so trying to ask some minimal spoilers for party planning:

1) If I install both Yoshimo Friendship and Yoshimo Remorse, I will get the talks from Friendship MOD before his betrayal, and I will have the talks from Remorse MOD after he return to the party?

2) Is there anything I must know in SOA so that I do not miss out the quest / choice /anything that make him come back?

3) Do I need to bring him to spellhold for his return?

4) When he returns?
    There is no conflict between Yoshimo Friendship and Yoshimo's Remorse - the first mod adds friendship talks for the part before the Remorse "kicks in". Yoshimo's Remorse on the other hand adds ToB content and it is then when he returns. It's impossible to miss it, so no worries.

As for the SoA part - simply play as if you played the original game, keep him in the party, and complete his original quest (returning his heart to the temple). And watch out for the "critical death" - make sure he doesn't die permanently (that he doesn't get chunked upon death in SoA) as this seems to cause a bug.

Cheers.