Skip to content

Ranger stronghold failed: Delon never showed up to give the second quest.

Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
I could tell that others had the same problem as I do:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29593/ranger-stronghold-quest-2-delon-never-showed-up-to-warn-me-and-now-the-townspeople-hate-me/p2

But when I follow the fix-instructions from @CamDawg (the very last post) it doesn't solve the issue for me. Delon still does not spawn to give me the quest, and if I travel again to Imnesvale to talk to the mayor I can't even initiate dialouge anymore (he just says nothing), altough his wife now refer to me as their ranger hero again. Still locked out of cabin.

Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please zip and attach your save so that we could help.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you for the quick reply! I have attached two saves here, one before I followed CamDawgs instructions and one after.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    From your save - BeforeClua - go to the Government District and enter the following command there:

C:CreateCreature("Delon")

Then talk to him, and you'll be fine (it has worked for me from your save).
    @JuliusBorisov Unfortunately it did not work for me. Delon spawns and if I manage to catch him before he runs away, he only gives me the quest dialogue for the initial quest to go to Imnesvale (the one that allows you access to the area in the first place). When I go there and speak to the mayor they still act as if I had let them get eaten by ogres and I lose the stronghold.

JuliusBorisov
    Indeed, that was a wrong version of him.

Looking into it further, it seems this is a common problem - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1071394/#Comment_1071394 - Delon doesn't spawn for you after all the commands.

I hope someone more familiar with the Ranger Stronghold will be able to fix your save.
    @JuliusBorisov Okay, thank you for trying though :smile:

Any advice on who to contact? I already namedropped @CamDawg based on the old thread I found, and based on the new one you sent perhaps @Gate70 could have a look? :blush:
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I will have a look and see what I can figure out.
    Fina92JuliusBorisov
    Ok, I do believe I have fixed your save. Apparently the issue that CamDawg described was a slightly different issue with a completely different cause. I am not sure I can say a whole lot more on this matter with any degree of certainty due to my unfamiliarity with the ranger stronghold quests. Delon should spawn as soon as you load the game and your stronghold should be un-screwed up again. Now, I am not 100% sure I got all the variables in the correct place, so let me know if it winds up breaking somewhere (not that I expect it will). Enjoy the rest of your game!

This issue was most likely caused by the CreateCreatureOffScreen bug in case anyone is curious.
    Fina92JuliusBorisov
    @Tresset Thank you, it almost worked this time! I get the proper quest now from Delon and the dialogue from the mayor is fine. Fighting the orogs is fine. BUT when I enter the cave there is no Madulf or boy to save, so I cannot complete the quest. Can I spawn them using the console somehow?
    JuliusBorisov
    Now it works perfectly. Thank you for all the efforts @Tresset and @JuliusBorisov B)
    JuliusBorisov
    @Tresset Umm, I just noticed that the last save (DelonFixed2) seemed to have destroyed Anomens shield and his helmet (enhanced through Item upgrade mod). This did not occur in the first save you sent (DelonFixed). The items were improved Delryn family shield and a citadel helmet.

Just wanted to point that out, I don't need a new save or anything because I don't want to replay again :wink:
    Yeah, that would happen. I had to load your game to make some of the necessary changes, and not having the same mods installed would have caused items my game didn't recognize to be deleted. If you know their item codes you can create them with the console again.
    JuliusBorisov
    I was actually able to look up the item codes for those items and they are c2helm01 and c2anom01.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Tresset Thank you for finding the item codes and clarifying!
    JuliusBorisov
  • 7us17us1 Member Posts: 1
    Tresset wrote: »
    Hmm, ok. I looked again and went over every related variable I could imagine with a fine tooth comb. Turns out if you lose your stronghold, the scripts are set to remove Madulf and the Boy from the game, so I had to add them again. I also realized that it had locked off your cabin in the Umar Hills as a result of losing your stronghold, so I unlocked that too. This time I am fairly confident the quest should work. Let me know if you have any further issues.

May i ask for help with my savegame? i have same problem.
  • Hate to necro but it would be really helpful to know what steps were taken to fix this, I tried like OP CamDawgs fix and it didn't work, Delon didn't spawn sounds like the exact same problem. Would really like to fix this super bummed
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 482
    Tresset wrote: »
    Hmm, ok. I looked again and went over every related variable I could imagine with a fine tooth comb. Turns out if you lose your stronghold, the scripts are set to remove Madulf and the Boy from the game, so I had to add them again. I also realized that it had locked off your cabin in the Umar Hills as a result of losing your stronghold, so I unlocked that too. This time I am fairly confident the quest should work. Let me know if you have any further issues.
    Hi, I encountered the same bug and fixed it so Delon appeared and the mayor gave me the orcs quest, but the cabin is closed and Madulf and the boy not in the cave.
    How can I fix both things please ?