Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    "Everybody knows" it is the humidity that makes it feel bearable or unbearable ;)

I got through the 40.something degrees well enough but my 2 year old son got overheated. Poor kid. My wife and I were happy that we had an old airco in the garage which we put in our bedroom and the two kids slept in our room on the floor for two days with that thing on (kids covered from the wind of course).

Anyway. A day of thunder clouds and rain and the rest of the week will be at most 20C or such. Weird weather...
    mlneveseSjerrie
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    0p615cstbztt.jpg
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    As a Georgian I'm accustomed to high heat and humidity, but like semiticgod said it never gets more bearable.
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    99 poison damage :o:s Was that your no reload run? :'(
    semiticgoddessmlneveseHalfOrcBeastmaster
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    @ZaramMaldovar You really like non-standard memes, huh?
    ZaramMaldovar
    edited August 2019
    @HalfOrcBeastmaster
    I like to get creative yeah.

4o3odkg3loce.png
    Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on
    OlvynChuruleeuxMontresor_SP
    Bjork? The Icelandic music act?
    Oof. Typos, eh? We all make 'em.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    It's oh so quiet.
    7f6zvb9jhxew.png
    Balrog99ThacoBellMontresor_SPleeux
    @Zaxares
    Saemon is more of a selfish neutral party than a villain.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Saemon is probably my favorite minor npc in the games.
    leeuxZaramMaldovarDaevelon
    33vryzn2zey5.jpg
    mlneveseThacoBellElrandirsarevok57
    edited August 2019
    33vryzn2zey5.jpg

Why would a Chaotic Evil person want to do that? Unless Umberlee or one of her servants did something to wrong them, personally, I doubt they'd care much.

Plus, the fact Baldur's Gate has an Umberleean temple in the first place indicates that not everyone who's Lawful Good is Lawful Kill-Anything-Evil.
    ZaramMaldovarleeuxThacoBellShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    edited August 2019
    @HalfOrcBeastmaster
    I kill the Umberlee Temple is Baldur's Gate in every playthrough I do. The only exception is maybe if I played TN. I can't stand them. Depending on my alignment it's either because they killed an innocent child (Varsa's friend) or because they demanded too much of me in exchange for the geas scroll that is supposed to safe my life.

My personal favorite is for my Chaotic Characters (and to a smaller extent NE characters) to ask for the scroll before I hand over the book and then to go back on my word and not hand over the book.

Then I kill everyone in the temple, keep the book for myself, save my own life and get a stat boost while I'm at it. I don't see how this particular behavior isn't extremely CE.

And if I'm playing NG or CG) then I just kill them instead of paying 2000 gold for Varsa's friend. I succesfully wipe out a great evil in the city, return an innocent child to his father, I don't lose any gold and hey what's this? A Geas removal scroll? I'm sure that'll come in handy some time in the future.

Lawful Characters? Same thing but I'm killing them for demanding tribute in exchange for the body of an innocent child they killed. My LG paladin or my LN wizard slayer won't stand for such vile behavior.

I've never played LE or TN but I suppose both of those would decide to go for the peaceful solution. LE to avoid slandering their own reputation and TN because they are only focused on saving their own life rather than trying to root out a temple that is just practicing their tenets.

Edit Footnote: Perhaps I'm portraying my characters as zealots in this case. The real reason is because I felt personally slighted by the Umberlee Temple for forcing me to pay for everything during my first playthrough and when I realized I could kill them with zero reputation loss I decided to come up with ways to justify it regardless of what alignment I'm playing. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.
    leeuxThacoBell
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    @HalfOrcBeastmaster
    I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.

Not in the least. It makes you a "POWER GAMER"!!!

q2k9tjnr5wkr.jpg
    ZaramMaldovarmlneveseSkatanThacoBell
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    lroumen wrote: »
    It's oh so quiet.

I see what you did there. Shh. Shh.
    lroumen
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    .. and so peaceful until ..
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    why has no one made a mod where you can save saradush?
    Montresor_SPSjerrieleeuxlolien