Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited July 2019
    What wisdom issue? I'm using version 5.16.3? I'm getting the bonus XP for higher wisdom scores.

As far as Geomantic and this.....my current character is a Geo. When I look at effects, he's getting a 6% bonus for having 15 wis but there's also another effect that reduces XP to 85%. However, never actually paid attention in game to see how it pans out. I'll play around and check it out.

Edit: Ok the SoB effect appears to be overruling the Geomantic Sorc effect. I'm not getting any reduction (tested by giving 200k XP. Instead of having the expected 180,200 XP (200,000 x 1.06 x .85) I'm getting 212k XP).
  • CyberfanCyberfan Member Posts: 10
    Hello subtledoctor

Just a really quick question on correct installation order and BGEE game version compability.

1) So, is this mod fully functional with the latest BGEE 2.5 version?

2) BGEE NPC Project --> SCS --> Scales of balance. Is this the correct order?

edited July 2019
    Hi subtledoctor

I think I've found a bug. I just started the game to test some mechanics. I have a lvl 1 pure fighter who has: + in greatswords, ++ in two-handed style, has 17 intelligence, and is equipped obviously with a two handed sword.

From my understanding, my critical hits should appear on hit rolls higher than 16 (+2 for the weapon style and +2 for intelligence bonus). To see if that works, I turned on hit rolls in game menu, so that I can see them, and I can't strike a critical unless I roll 20 or higher, which is super weird, because this is contrary even to vanilla mechanics where, given my ++ two-handed style, I should hit crit from 19 onwards (not even talking about the INT bonus).

Any suggestions? I installed v. 5.16.3 on BGEE v. 2.5.17

Edit: Also in-game description of intelligence and its effect on crit differs from that I found in the stats.ini.

In stats.ini:
    OUTER_SET int_crit_1 = 13 // min INT score for 5% (normal) crit chance
    OUTER_SET int_crit_2 = 15 // min INT score for 10% crit chance
    OUTER_SET int_crit_3 = 18 // min INT score for 15% crit chance

In-game:
    INT 15 +1 to score crit
    INT 17 +2 to score crit
    INT 19 +3 to score crit
    Post edited by Cyberfan on
    edited July 2019
    Ok thanks for clarifying. It would be great if the mod was updated with all the latest mechanics, descriptions and readme file :)
  • HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
    Got a question about the Yet Another Revised Armor System - should this component also make Bardic casting possible while wearing armour?

My bard can cast spells in leather armour, but not in chainmail.
  • LemminkainenLemminkainen Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2019
    I'm using the Stat Overhaul component of this mod, and none of the Intelligence-based bonus spell memorization slots are showing up. I made an Elf mage with 19 Intelligence. Any clues why this is happening?

The character record is not showing the bonus mage spells, although the record sheet does correctly show the Wisdom-based bonus spells for the cleric I also built. I did install the "Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v9" component of Tweaks Anthology AFTER the Stat Overhaul component of this mod.

I was able to edit in the corrections using EEKeeper and get them to stick after a rest, but will have to do this manually every-time his intelligence score increases.
    Post edited by Lemminkainen on
  • ReensReens Member Posts: 3
    So it doesn't look like the Stat Bonus Overhaul component actually respects the INI settings for change_STR and change_DEX.

Poking around the tpa i saw the statmods are applied without any actual check for the settings.
    //EDIT STAT BONUSES__________________________________________________________________
    //
    ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~d5_yaras.d5~ BEGIN
    COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/dexmod.2da~ ~override~
    END
    COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/strmod.2da~ ~override~
    COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/strmodex.2da~ ~override~
    COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/mxsplwis.2da~ ~override~
    //COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/intmod.2da~ ~override~
    COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/strmod.2da~ ~override~
    COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/savecndh.2da~ ~override~
    COPY ~scales_of_balance/stats/savecng.2da~ ~override~
    COPY_EXISTING ~abclasrq.2da~ ~override~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ 0~ ~ 5~
    // REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~ 17~ ~ 16~
    BUT_ONLY
    //___________________________________________________________________________________
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • harticus33harticus33 Member Posts: 23
    Hey there @subtledoctor
    Quick question and maybe I'm an idiot - I can't kill Selaad Gan.
    I just got back from the werewolf island. Sword of Balduran and such killed Karoug and Kaishas just fine. I have the wolfwere necklace thing and the dagger. Nothing I'm doing is hurting Selaad Gan. Is this related to the Weapon Enchantment overhaul?
    I have +3 weapons, I think added by a mod that didn't get recognized by yours, and the sword of balduran which is now +2, with the necklace that adds +4 against lycanthropes, and still can't hurt him. Is this something others have experienced? I can't find anything in this forum. Any help would be appreciated!
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    How stable are the three great mods at the moment? Any hanging issues?
    Thanks! You've made the BG games so much better!
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    @subtledoctor
    Is it possible to use your Weapon Category Combination component with the Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Clerics from tweaks anthology? If so which component should be installed first to avoid conflict.
    Since 'Keeper messes up scripts apparently, which program would you recommend using for editing stats?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    GawainBS wrote: »
    Since 'Keeper messes up scripts apparently, which program would you recommend using for editing stats?
    what? Where did you read that?

And does it happens for both eekeeper and shadowkeeper?
    It's buried somewhere in one of the threads of the Four Big Mods. EEKeeper definitely does it, apparently. It somehow breaks the new Bards, IIRC.
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Ok, thanks. So Nearinfinity it is.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited October 2019
    @subtledoctor I installed the stat bonus overhaul component from this mod (along with most of the other components), and according to the Readme, a 19 intelligence mage should get +2/+2/+2/+1 bonus spell slots for the first four levels respectively. However, my level 7/7 Cleric/Mage (using the kit Monitor of Azuth from Faith and Powers, if that matters anyway), whose base mage spells are 4/3/2/1, and who after the intelligence bonus should be getting 6/5/4/2 spell slots respectively, is only getting 5/4/3/2 spell slots. Is this a bug or am I getting this wrong somehow?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited October 2019
    There's an 2 errors during installation with polish language:

1)
    #[C:\Users\Komputer\Beamdog Library\00783\setup-scales_of_balance.exe] WeiDU version 24600
    #Using Language [Polski (Translation by etamin)]
    #Using .\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk and .\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk
    #Installing [WPO - Zmiana systemu bieglosci] [v5.18]
    #Copying 1 file ...
    #Copying and patching 1 file ...
    #Copying and patching 8907 files ...
    #Copying and patching 4182 files ...
    #WARNING: ALTER_EFFECT does not support file type gˡô
    #ERROR: cannot convert abil_num or %abil_num% to an integer
    #ERROR: [X#SHDR6B.CRE] -> [override/X#SHDR6B.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    #Stopping installation because of error.
    #ERROR Installing [WPO - Zmiana systemu bieglosci], rolling back to previous state
    #Will uninstall 169 files for [SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2] component 122.
    #Uninstalled 169 files for [SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2] component 122.
    #ERROR: Not_found
    #Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-SCALES_OF_BALANCE.DEBUG and look for support at: SubtleD
    #Automatically Skipping [WPO - Zmiana systemu bieglosci] because of error.
    #[.\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk] created, 308122 string entries
    #[.\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk] created, 308122 string entries
    #NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS WPO - Zmiana systemu bieglosci
    #
    #WARNING: scales_of_balance : 122 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    #WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.

2)

#[C:\Users\Komputer\Beamdog Library\00783\setup-scales_of_balance.exe] WeiDU version 24600
    #Using .\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk and .\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk
    #Installing [WPO - Zwiniecie kategorii broni] [v5.18]
    #Copying and patching 4182 files ...
    #WARNING: ALTER_EFFECT does not support file type gˡô
    #ERROR: cannot convert abil_num or %abil_num% to an integer
    #ERROR: [X#SHDR6B.CRE] -> [override/X#SHDR6B.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    #ERROR Installing [WPO - Zwiniecie kategorii broni], rolling back to previous state
    #Will uninstall 168 files for [SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2] component 121.
    #Uninstalled 168 files for [SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2] component 121.
    #ERROR: Not_found
    #Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-SCALES_OF_BALANCE.DEBUG and look for support at: SubtleD
    #Automatically Skipping [WPO - Zwiniecie kategorii broni] because of error.
    #[.\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk] created, 308122 string entries
    #[.\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk] created, 308122 string entries
    #NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS WPO - Zwiniecie kategorii broni
    #
    #WARNING: scales_of_balance : 121 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 2
    #WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.

Also many string has different numbers between polish and english versions. For instance.

@10165 = ~Enchanted Battle Axe~
    @10166 = ~Dagger: Heart of the Golem~
    @10167 = ~Enchanted Dagger~
    @10168 = ~Suryris' Blade~
    @10169 = ~War Hammer: Ashideena~
    @10170 = ~War Hammer: Borok's Fist~

@1065 = ~Magiczny topór bojowy~
    @1066 = ~Sztylet: Serce golema~
    @1067 = ~Magiczny sztylet~
    @1068 = ~Ostrze Suryrisa~
    @1069 = ~Młot bojowy: Ashideena~
    @1070 = ~Młot bojowy: Pięść Boroka~

I guess that's why i had "mastercraft mornign star" as name of the component during installation.
    edited October 2019
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Hmm, i was able to install in on clear SoD and BG2:EE. Previously i was installing it using Project Infinity on EET with few mods. Maybe that's why there were errors.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @subtledoctor It's BG1 NPC Project. It doesn't have official 2.5 version so it might cause problems. Latest version is here: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/BG1NPC/tree/eev2.5

@Etamin Which version of BG1NPC do you have installed? Weidu.log?