Skip to content

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    On v1.98, the BG1EE quests and encounters component installs on EET, but Kryn Darkflame and his apprentices are nowhere to be found. They aren't even in the game's files according to NearInfinity.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Flashburn

Goddamnit. Fixed with a mini-update.
    Flashburn
    Sigil of Misfortune does not bypass magic resistance despite its description saying it does.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @AionZ, I tried making an Elf Ftr/Mg and Ftr/Mg/Thf multi-class with the shadow adept (Shade Warrior and Shadow Enforcer) in BGEE. When the game starts, they lose the mage spells, but then the shadow spell selection does not launch (can't pick spells). Also, the bonus and penalties don't get applied (no day light penalty).
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    I noticed a problem that you CANNOT install the Shadow Adept if you have preciously installed the Warlock (even if you uninstall the Warlock). However, you can install the Warlock even if you install the Shadow Adept first. Any idea why it might be like that?
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    I am not sure if this is being worked on but I want to report a bug with Essence Drain, which does nothing when it is cast, either by pets or the caster.
  • SwalziSwalzi Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    I can confirm as of v1.98, Essence Drain doesn't work for all spell levels. I just installed the mod and to find out it didn't work at a crucial moment then died for it made me laugh. This spell can be easily fixed by the user through the DLTCEP utility:

0) Load chitin.key if it hasn't been set up.
    1) Click "Spells" under Edit selection
    2) Click "Load Spell" and type "Essence Drain"
    3) Go to "Extended Effects" tab
    4) Under Pick Effect, edit "1 Protection: Immunity Spell"
    5) Set type to 43 (source) from 0 (default).
    6) Repeat process for the next four spell levels in the "Extended Header" which is still located in "Extended Effects".
    7) Save and drain the life force of your enemies.

I compared the "protection: immunity spell" to Larloch's Minor Drain spell to get the desired effect. This spell is pretty sweet and I test a few of the other awesome spells. The few I tested all work except Essence Drain.

Will this mod support Lefreut's enhanced UI (BG1EE Skin) in the future? It works, but the red X's didn't show up in the spell selection UI, which confused me playing the mod for the first time while testing. Thanks.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    I can't get the mod to install. This looks like the pertinent bit:

Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
    Adding C0SAORB to internal list of available DLGs
    [C0SAORB.DLG] saved 4 states, 16 trans, 1 strig, 12 ttrig, 15 actions
    Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
    Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
    Extending game scripts ...
    [shadowadept/scripts/baldur.baf] loaded, 9729 bytes
    [./override/SPECIFIC.IDS] loaded, 429 bytes

[shadowadept/scripts/baldur.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 9 column 1-4
    Near Text: THEN
    [NextTriggerObject] not found in TRIGGER.IDS for TriggerOverride; missing ToBEx?

[shadowadept/scripts/baldur.baf] ERROR at line 9 column 1-4
    Near Text: THEN
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [shadowadept/scripts/baldur.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    Stopping installation because of error.

Any ideas?
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    I think I fixed it.

I had to add the following lines to trigger.ids

0x40E0 NextTriggerObject(O:Object*)
    0x4102 HaveKnownSpellRES(S:Spell*)
    0x40FE ClassLevelGT(O:Object*,I:Category*CLASSCAT,I:Value*)
    0x40EA OriginalClass(O:Object*,I:Class*CLASS)
    0x40E2 CheckSpellState(O:Object*,I:State*splstate)
    0x40E6 IsWeaponRanged(O:Object*)
    0x40F8 CanEquipRanged()
    0x40EC WeaponEffectiveVs(O:Object*,I:Hand*HAND)
    0x40F2 WeaponCanDamage(O:Object*,I:Hand*HAND)
    0x40E7 ButtonDisabled(I:Button*BUTTON)

I have no idea why my trigger.ids file lacks lines that are indicated as default in IEDSP.
    @AionZ, in BGEE using 1.98 and created a Shadow Adept. Has 18INT, 10WIS, 10CHA and all my saves have a +6 penalty.
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    hey i downloaded this mod but everytime I load a game I get this
    [string "BGEE.lua"]:1843: attempt to index global 'mageBookStrings' (a nil value)
    message and the classes don't work
    any ideas?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    saber0 wrote: »
    hey i downloaded this mod but everytime I load a game I get this
    [string "BGEE.lua"]:1843: attempt to index global 'mageBookStrings' (a nil value)
    message and the classes don't work
    any ideas?
    Outdated game version? (v2.3 or earlier)
    saber0
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    yes I think,
    anyway around that?
    @kjeron
  • SatrhanSatrhan Member Posts: 75
    I'm considering trying another monk playthrough of the game, and I'm curious how the shadow monk plays, compared to a dark moon monk?
    Apart from the disadvantages mentioned, does he get the usual immunities other monks get?
    For the backstabs, does he need to have a suitable weapon equipped, or can he do it with his fists?
    One of the updates mentions the channeling time decreases with level, what is the progression on this?
    edited February 2020
    @AionZ is there a way to get the shadow scrolls from BGEE to work in BG2EE? I tried to EEKeeper them in for my Shadow Adept, but it doesn't work.
    I have played through BGEE and acquired and used all the scrolls, but because of the mod kits not being able to load into BG2EE from a save game, I am forced to EEKeeper a new build to match the BGEE character. Only thing I can't do is add the extra spells that the scrolls give me.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Now I know what to play!
    edited March 2020
    Note to those downloading this wonderful mod. Get the one from Github. You want 1.98a for the latest with a BGEE bug fix. The one from SHS mirror is just 1.98 and has the bug in it.

EDIT: If you are in BGEE and see the bug (certain mage will not appear), just install the 1.98a and it will fix existing games.
    @AionZ
    The Nightsinger's epic bard song does not remove its bonuses from the user if the user happens to be wearing the Bard Hat which extends bard song duration. This can let the singer effectively triple the bonuses they get from singing, although the penalties are properly removed from enemies once per round (i.e. they only take -5 THAC0/damage/saves/morale).

I was able to fix it by making a 2nd copy of the "remove effects by resource" that applies to "preset target" and setting it to "self."
    The Nightwalker's claws actually give the target +2 STR upon a failed save instead of -2 STR.
    Updated to v2.0 (there was a v1.99 at one point but I never updated the thread). Lots of overdue changes.

Added Dark Meteor (9th level spell)
    Improved the Spell Selection System
    Improved some visual effects
    Fixed Nighthaunt claws
    Fixed Nightsinger's HLA song
    Rebalanced several spells
    • Shadow Missiles: no longer reduces THAC0, now deals 1d4 magic + 2 magic cold damage
    • Sigil of Despair: removed the penalty to attributes, reduces target's damage by 10% instead
    • Night Terrors: removed instant kill
    • Sigil of Mortality: no longer scales with level, nullifies base physical resistance and reduces by an additional 20%
    • Shadowblast: deals magic and magic cold damage, no longer reduces resistances, targets deal 20% less damage
    • Fire Shield (Shadow): deals magic and magic cold damage
    • Summon Shadow: now summons a Shadow of the Void instead of a devil shade
    • Cone of Bitter Cold: deals magic cold damage
    • Disintegrate: wraith is now controllable
    • Negative Energy Burst: kills creatures with less than 8 Hit Dice and summoned creatures
    • Malefic Bomb: now always spreads without save (save still reduces damage by half), deals magic cold damage
    • Shadow Gate: summoning percentages altered: 50% shadow, 20% shadow fiend, 20% wraith, 10% Shadow of the Void
    • Blackfire Fury: deals magic fire damage, summons a Blackfire Vessel instead of a devil shade on kill. Blackfire Vessels charge at the nearest enemy and explode (affects enemies only) for 5d6 damage
    • Merciless Blizzard: deals magic cold damage, no longer reduces cold resistance
    • Darkbolt: no longer halves maximum hit points. Instead deals 15d10+10 (save vs. spells at -4 for half), nullifies magic resistance and removes magical defenses as Spellstrike.
    • Fiery Pandemonium: deals magic fire damage
    FlashburnGusindaNecromanx2
    Kryn Darkflame and his apprentices are gone in EET again with this newest update.
    Oops. Fixed and updated.
    Flashburn
  • Thresh01Thresh01 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for making this. I was just considering making a negative energy focused monk and saw this mod!
    edited April 2020
    @AionZ Let me lay out the scenario.

I created a Shadow Adept in BGEE and played through. I then exported the character. Copied the character files to the BG2EE character folder and then EEKeepered the kit to Shadow Adept again. When I import this character into a new BG2EE game it comes in with all my spells and abilities fine, but then tries to get me to select spells as if I am a newly created Shadow Adept character. There are not enough spells to learn left and I get stuck in an endless loop of learn spells with none left to learn.

So BG2EE cannot tell that I am an imported character that does not need to learn.

Not sure if anything can be done about this, but wanted to call it out as this is the only method I know to get mod characters to play all game (without using EET).

EDIT: I notice that with v2.0, Negative Energy Burst still says it does 6d6 damage. Is the kill <8HD and summoned creatures in addition or was it suppose to replace the 6d6?
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • DaidreDaidre Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020
    I've tried to do EET run with last version (2.0) of the mod and new Beta spell learning system and encountered a serious issue: any use of Shadow Scroll to learn extra spell breaks new learning window on the next level up. Script to choose a new spell triggers again and again but does not allow to get one on any level. Deleting "extra" spell with Keeper helped to fix it, so i guess whole thing is coded around your current spell count.
    Post edited by Daidre on
    edited April 2020
    Another thing, + Caster Level effects seem not to work properly.

I've tested them with Shadow Comets spells that produces 2 * CL globes.
    My lvl 11 Shadow Adept produces 22 of them even though:
    1) She should get +2 CL from the Belt Of Darkflame
    2) Also +2 CL from 21 WIS (?)
    3) Meanwhile Daylight Weakness for -2 CL does work correctly and she gets 18 globes.
    4) Belt Of Darkflame seem to give +2 CL (should be +4 by description) when under 50% HP since she gets 26 globes in this case.
    Daidre wrote: »
    Another thing, + Caster Level effects seem not to work properly.

I've tested them with Shadow Comets spells that produces 2 * CL globes.
    My lvl 11 Shadow Adept produces 22 of them even though:
    1) She should get +2 CL from the Belt Of Darkflame
    2) Also +2 CL from 21 WIS (?)
    3) Meanwhile Daylight Weakness for -2 CL does work correctly and she gets 18 globes.
    4) Belt Of Darkflame seem to give +2 CL (should be +4 by description) when under 50% HP since she gets 26 globes in this case.
    The Belt of Darkflame is bugged so that it gives +2 caster level to an unknown spell type, though the extra +2 when at 50% health works correctly. This can be easily fixed by going into NearInfinity, finding the belt (c0sabel1.itm) and changing the caster level bonus from Unknown to Wizard.

Also, Wisdom only affects spell duration, not caster level.
    Flashburn wrote: »
    The Belt of Darkflame is bugged so that it gives +2 caster level to an unknown spell type, though the extra +2 when at 50% health works correctly. This can be easily fixed by going into NearInfinity, finding the belt (c0sabel1.itm) and changing the caster level bonus from Unknown to Wizard.

Also, Wisdom only affects spell duration, not caster level.

Changed spell type on Belt and It worked. Thank you)

Well, it works but only only out of daylight, probably it uses the same code as Daylight weakness.
    edited April 2020
    I notice with v2.0 that the daylight penalty is now active even indoors. Used to be only outside. Started a BG2EE game and in Irenicus dungeon I have the penalty.
  • Thresh01Thresh01 Member Posts: 7
    Shadow Monk fists are not working properly at level 20. They only drain 2 health, still offer a save to strength loss and the level drain doesn't trigger.