Skip to content

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Beamdog, GOG, Steam)

Comments

• aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Yeah ... amazing story :) You are great Irongron :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    man reading the gog thread about this just reminds me why i don't like going to their forum. they are so negative and blaming beamdog for something they did not even make.

we would not have a finsihed dod or this without beamdog supporting the original devs. but no lets blame beamdog for everything and call the ee a cash grab.
    aarionnIsewein
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2019
    @JuliusBorisov I signed up for the newsletter when it was first announced. I have had various announcements since, all of them late. By that I mean that when I received them it was no longer news. I had already seen the announcement on here a day or two before. Well I just received the newsletter for this premium module this morning which is the latest so far...

I would have thought that promotion for a product would be released simultaneously across all avenues simultaneously. Wouldn't that make more sense?

TR
    Grizzled_DwarflordTimbo0o0o0
  • deserkdeserk Member Posts: 35
    Why is it released on Steam, and not on Beamdog's site?
    TarotRedhand
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Maybe Eye Tyrants of Moonsea isn't from Beamdog, hence the Steam only release and the plug from Arelith. Meh. I won't buy it as long as Steam remains the only venue for purchase.
    megamike15TarotRedhand
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @JuliusBorisov I signed up for the newsletter when it was first announced. I have had various announcements since, all of them late. By that I mean that when I received them it was no longer news. I had already seen the announcement on here a day or two before. Well I just received the newsletter for this premium module this morning which is the latest so far...

I would have thought that promotion for a product would be released simultaneously across all avenues simultaneously. Wouldn't that make more sense?

TR

We sent out the newsletter when the Daily Deal sale on Steam started. We released the module earlier to test if everything is ok.
    deserk wrote: »
    Why is it released on Steam, and not on Beamdog's site?

I think we'll get there.
  • CaesarCzechCaesarCzech Member Posts: 8
    Got a bit of a problem in Murder in Elmwood and Hunt the Traitor quest, Its near where you confront Him near the dead body , dead bear and dead wolf, I take items of the death bodies but when i return to Elmwood and say that i have found murder they say i have no proof, what did i do wrong ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Got a bit of a problem in Murder in Elmwood and Hunt the Traitor quest, Its near where you confront Him near the dead body , dead bear and dead wolf, I take items of the death bodies but when i return to Elmwood and say that i have found murder they say i have no proof, what did i do wrong ?

There's a well you're supposed to be going into, and it's a journal you need for proof found down there. Lead for this was in a note on one of the dead guys.
    Sylvus_Moonbow
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited August 2019
    @JuliusBorisov
    The module is available just in English.
    Do you plan to translate it in other languages?
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Are there restrictions on the mod (level and items)?
    Daggerford and original Moonsea did not.

Thanks for any info.

There's a well you're supposed to be going into, and it's a journal you need for proof found down there. Lead for this was in a note on one of the dead guys.

Thank you i dont know the well you are talking about but atleast i know what im looking for.

Okay found the well but Now im stuck on finding rope. I feel so stupid.
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    Try the local stores :-)
    Sylvus_MoonbowJuliusBorisov
    The Steam page says TotM offers 14 portraits new portraits, but I only see three new ones (and only for males)
    anastiel
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    edited August 2019
    The Steam page says TotM offers 14 portraits new portraits, but I only see three new ones (and only for males)

this is weird

the only problem i had was about the description
    nbabd4m5o1xn.png
    Post edited by anastiel on
    None of those are from TotM. They are from the NWN EE and the Heroes of Neverwinter DLC
    anastiel
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    I can't find this on Bemdog's page, like I did with Daggerford.
    Is this licensed to Steam only?
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Is this going to be coming to GOG?? I can only assume so since Daggerford did.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @jjstraka34 Quoted from Mr. Julius Borisov on the first page of this thread before it was released: "Beamdog Client/GOG - We'll share the news as we have it. At the moment the module is available to wishlist on Steam."

Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    anastielJuliusBorisov

It was meant to say the portraits are for NPCs, your henchmen, the bad guys, and such.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

It was meant to say the portraits are for NPCs, your henchmen, the bad guys, and such.

This ought to be corrected on the steam page then. As it stands now people understand this sentence as the module offering us 14 playable portraits for the player character, not just 3 as currently the case. Especially so for non-native English speakers.
    themazingnessAedanPrince_Raymond
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited August 2019

This ought to be corrected on the steam page then. As it stands now people understand this sentence as the module offering us 14 playable portraits for the player character, not just 3 as currently the case. Especially so for non-native English speakers.

Who would count portraits you can't customize as a feature? Even a native English speaker would feel like this implies PC portraits, not NPC ones, and it comes across as false advertising. I imagine this was a mistake, but it should be changed to reflect the amount of new portraits the player can actually make use of.
    KamigoroshiAedanPrince_Raymond
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    A few problem with this module why does it crash the game so freaking often and why is it not very good or very bad?
    It crashes an lot and the last thing it did was it crashed my game right when I saved deleting the save think like about 6 hours of game deleted. The problem is its not an very good game to repeat those 6 hours and not bad enough to be sorry I did not finished it.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151

Pretty much. I hope the next update can let us use the portraits for the player characters, considering that Darkness Over Daggerford let us use NPC portraits for customization.
    Kamigoroshi
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 61
    From what I can see, (and maybe I missed something so if so please forgive me but) will the New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea be available on Beamdog's site eventually?
    Portraits - I'll pass around.
    Beamdog site - this is the plan, but no ETA.
    Crashes - please report each case at support.baldursgate.com along with your system specs so that we could investigate.

BTW, check out this post by Luke Scull about his own game dev story.
    anastiel
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    At this point anything outside of West and Northwest Faerûn easily gets my vote. Bonus points if it's an adventure taken place on other continets of Toril. Maztica premium module? Yes please!
    Anyone knows how to deal with Mechanus plane ? i simply cant find keys to any doors, I was given key to the Room but when i jump to portal to plane i cant find any other key that would open the the doors or the chest that is behind one of the doors. Im trying to find the Notes of Ikathilo so if anybody could tell me where to find that key to open that chest behind traps ? (i used teleport to get there but chest is essential and cant be destroyed nor lockpicked and i cant find the key)