Skip to content

Gibberlings - where do they keep their treasure?

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    In the pockets of their trousers.
    Balrog99ThacoBellleeux
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    In the pockets of their trousers.

But they appear to have forgotten to put their trousers on before leaving the house.
    sarevok57
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Some questions are best left unanswered. Be sure to wash any jewelry and gems before you try to pawn them off to the nearest vendor (or have Monty handling them). The brown smears on scrolls? You don't want to know, but I doubt toilet paper is common around gibberling villages.
    Permidion_StarkBalrog99SCARY_WIZARDAerakar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    In their stomachs, maybe! Same for Ankhegs.
    Permidion_StarkChronicler
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    In their stomachs, maybe! Same for Ankhegs.

Well the diseased ones don't have any treasure so maybe the illness has flushed it out of their system?
    tbone1Quartz
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    The same place Minsc used to hide Boo.
    Quartz
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Nimran wrote: »
    They keep it in their 80s-style rocker hair.

This is my personal headcanon.
    leeuxNimran
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Gibberlings are sticky. Treasure just sort of gets stuck to them.
    Balrog99
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Skatan wrote: »
    Some questions are best left unanswered. Be sure to wash any jewelry and gems before you try to pawn them off to the nearest vendor (or have Monty handling them). The brown smears on scrolls? You don't want to know, but I doubt toilet paper is common around gibberling villages.

This just reminded me of a quest in World of WarCraft where you need to get a gnoll clan's plans for a raid on a settlement, and some of their plans were used as... *leans in, whispers* toilet tissue.
    Permidion_StarkSkatan
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I'm in favour of the theory that gibberlings keep their treasure in their digestive track. Which part of their tract? Well, that all depends on how lucky you are. ;)
    ChroniclerQuartz
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Zaxares wrote: »
    I'm in favour of the theory that gibberlings keep their treasure in their digestive track. Which part of their tract? Well, that all depends on how lucky you are. ;)

If we're getting treasure out of their stomach, that would imply we're butchering the corpse after we're done killing it.

Do we eat Gibberling meat?
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Chronicler wrote: »

As long as it's not diseased. I guess that is why diseased version doesn't drop anything.
    ChroniclerSCARY_WIZARD
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Chronicler wrote: »

It's been a long time since I've read the AD&D monster manual, but I seem to recall the entry saying that gibberling meat tastes foul and revolting, so no beasts prey on them. (Overall though, I think the intent was to make it sound like gibberlings served no real purpose in the natural order, so adventurers could slaughter them with impunity and feel no guilt over it)

That said, it's actually common for dead people and animals to void their bowels after death due to a relaxing of the sphincter muscles, so maybe that's how we get the gold from their corpses. ;)

Wasn't it eventually revealed that they came from the Far Realm, too? I recall something like that, or just certain types of them... might explain the taste!

Skatan wrote: »
    "Oh, a new full plate armor! I need to try it on immediately!"

Just cast prestidigitation to clean poopies and blood off of new-found equipment!
    Quartz
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    I like to think of Gibberlings as marsupials. They have little pouches. Look inside and find treasure, and little blue gibberling nipples.
    QuartzBalrog99leeuxSCARY_WIZARD