Skip to content

[Kit Pack] I Hate Undead v3.7 [IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Were there any big modifications made to the kits? Specifically the DW & PM.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    Were there any big modifications made to the kits? Specifically the DW & PM.

You're already playing with 3.0, so no.

The huge modifications were from 2.0 to 3.0 - they are pretty much different kits (the original design was very bad).
    Zaghoul
    Version 3.1 is up and it contains:

Bug fix: Dreadful Witch's Curse now calls SPSH003.spl as it should.

Bug fix: Dreadful Witch's Curse now delivers Magical damage (instead of Crushing) as it should.

---

I don't believe that updating it will cause problems in any ongoing game, but I also don't know if the changes will happen.
    ZaghoulGusindaFina92
    I ran into a small issue with the ISoul. I cast Devour Essence at a ghoul, did 15 points of damage which killed him, but was not healed the 4 pts as stated.
    Raduziel
    @Zaghoul Drop the following file (unzipped, of course) inside the override folder. That should do the trick.

This issue is solved and at GitHub. Will be shipped with v3.2

Thanks for the report.
    Zaghoul
    That fixed it, thanks. :)
    Raduziel
    For future references, info about all my mods (bug fixing, new releases) may be also found on my Twitter: /raduziel

Thanks.
    Version 3.2 is up and it contains:

* Bug Fix: Imprisoned Soul's Devour Essence works properly now.
    ZaghoulGusinda
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Raduziel , I didn't read the whole thread to see if this has been mentioned, but this mod conflicts with Tweaks "Use BG1 weapon proficiencies", which is a deal-breaker for me.

I'm a little worried about what it might have done to my game install, because when I ran "uninstall" in Weidu, it didn't seem to go through nearly as many game files as when I ran the install.
    @BelgarathMTH The uninstall process is commonly quicker than the install process for any mod.

This mod was installed and uninstalled dozens of times in my own PC and never had any issues - also never got any report about uninstalling issues.
    BelgarathMTH
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2019
    @Raduziel Wonderful kitpack, thank you very much! I have two inquiries if I may :blush:

- Can these kits really be installed on BG:EE? I could not find them in the list of compatible mods there.
    - I do believe that the name of the ranger kit (Undead predator) is somewhat off grammatically. Would not Predator of undead be more appropriate? The former would indicate that the ranger is an undead him- or herself if I am not mistaken :smile:
    Hi @Fina92

1 - Yes

2 - I agree but I based myself on the name of another kit: Undead Hunter.
    Fina92
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    @Raduziel

A brief hello to tell you I am back for modding again and that I will begin the French translation update this week. ;)

Raduziel
    Gwendolyne wrote: »
    @Raduziel

A brief hello to tell you I am back for modding again and that I will begin the French translation update this week. ;)

@Gwendolyne That's wonderful news! Welcome back.
    The Death Tricker cannot use bucklers as regular thieves can. Is this right or just an oversight? They can have proficiency in sword and shield, but just can't equip them for some reason.
    The Death Tricker cannot use bucklers as regular thieves can. Is this right or just an oversight? They can have proficiency in sword and shield, but just can't equip them for some reason.

I've just double-checked my code and there is nothing imposing that restriction.

Quick Q&A. Do you have...

...enough STR to use the buckler?

...the alignment/class requirement for this particular buckler?

...other mods that alter the thief somehow?
    Got the STR. No problems with alignment/class. I am using Song & Silence and Rogue re-balancing (all other thief kits can use shields though), but it's just the DT thief that can't use even a regular buckler. Not sure what it is though.
    edited August 2019
    Got the STR. No problems with alignment/class. I am using Song & Silence and Rogue re-balancing (all other thief kits can use shields though), but it's just the DT thief that can't use even a regular buckler. Not sure what it is though.

I'll install the game and check out what is happening.

PS: are you, by any chance, dual classing to wizard? While Thief is inactive you shouldn't be able to use the buckler IIRC.
    edited August 2019
    No, he's just a pure class thief. Thanks for checking.

I just found a new bug. Use of the death trick ability removes ALL weapon skills, permanently.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    No, he's just a pure class thief. Thanks for checking.

I just found a new bug. Use of the death trick ability removes ALL weapon skills, permanently.

This second bug is definitely way beyond my mod's scope.

@kjeron are you aware of some opcode that is bugged and presents this behavior?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited August 2019
    @Raduziel
    The leading op321 of "Death Trick" has an empty resource field, which results in all engine-applied effects being removed, such as proficiency, local variables, etc...

The "Luck" spell had this exact bug for a while when the opcode was first introduced.
    RaduzielZaghoul
    kjeron wrote: »
    @Raduziel
    The leading op321 of "Death Trick" has an empty resource field, which results in all engine-applied effects being removed, such as proficiency, local variables, etc...

The "Luck" spell had this exact bug for a while when the opcode was first introduced.

OMG, thanks for telling me that!

@Zaghoul I'm terribly sorry about this. I'll fix it and make a release today as soon as I get home.

I'll also triple check the buckler thing.
    Zaghoul
    Version 3.3 is up and it contains:

* Bug fix: Critical fix for Death Tricker's Trick Death, preventing it for erasing the character's weapon skills and many other things. Thanks @Zaghoul for reporting and @Kjeron for pointing out my mistake.

* Bug fix: Death Tricker's alignment restriction is now being properly imposed (LN is no longer allowed).

@Zaghoul I had no problem equipping a buckler, so I'll need to dig further to see if this issue is related to IHU and how to fix it. Keep in mind that thieves may use bucklers but not small shields. Anyway, I'll PM you to teach how to fix the broken file, this way you won't have to reinstall the mod.

Cheers and sorry about this issue.
    ZaghoulGusinda
    Whewww. Trick Death is working properly now, thanks alot. :) So far the Death Tricker is turning out to be an awesome thief. He has great graphic effects for the abilities, as usual on your mods.

It may be some mod on my end for the buckler thing, but single weapon style is working out fine so far, regardless, especially when I critical backstabbed a vampire wolf and stunned him. Little things like that really stand out great.
    Another great kit in the collection that I am making my way through in the IHU kitpack. B)
    Raduziel
    @Zaghoul I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Due to academic issues I'm taking a break from modding, but I'll always find time to bugfixing, especially one as critical as the reported above.

Cheers!
    Zaghoul
    edited September 2019
    Version 3.4 is up and it contains:
    • Some minor text corrections (thanks @Gwendolyne for the proofreading).
    • French translation for all the IHU's alterings (again, thanks Gwendolyne).
    Zaghoul
    edited September 2019
    Version 3.4.1 is up and it contains:
    Zaghoul
    edited October 2019
    I just unlocked the level 13 curse Agony on my DW, but can't quite make out what it does to an enemy after it lands on them. What does it actually cause to happen?
    I just unlocked the level 13 curse Agony on my DW, but can't quite make out what it does to an enemy after it lands on them. What does it actually cause to happen?

Target suffers:

-4 to AC

Slowness

-4 to Thac0

25% of spell failure

20% damage penalty
    Zaghoul
    Ouch, that one hurts 'em big time, thanks. :)