Skip to content

Clothing advice needed

Me and Imoen have been trying to solve the iron crisis in Baldur's Gate. Imoen has been happily pickpocketing her way around the Sword Coast but for some reason she has decided to quit thieving and become a magic user. Not only that but she's gone straight to High Hedge and bought herself the Robe of the Good Archmagi. She can only cast one spell a day and I'm afraid the other mages will think she is a noob and laugh at her behind her back.

As a friend do you think I should say something?
ZaghouldunbarThacoBellBelgarathMTHleeuxlolienSkatanAerakarSCARY_WIZARDStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Tell her the other mages are jealous of how good she looks in those new robes and if they give her any grief about it, go buy/steal a Wand of Fire and use that to shut them up. ;)
    razaArdul
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Buying a Robe of Archmagi while only able to cast one spell is like a kid with a remote control airplane buying a SR71A Blackbird. Premature and irresponsible.

If you keep enabling this behavior, you won't have enough gold to pay the toll into Baldur's Gate. You should definitely say something!
    leeux
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Buying a Robe of Archmagi while only able to cast one spell is like a kid with a remote control airplane buying a SR71A Blackbird. Premature and irresponsible.

If you keep enabling this behavior, you won't have enough gold to pay the toll into Baldur's Gate. You should definitely say something!

Thankfully, unlike a SR71A Blackbird, a Robe of Archmagi is entirely defensive and not dangerous at all.

It would be another thing if Imoen had bought a wizard's staff that let her cast Fireball three times per day...
    ElysianEchoesPermidion_Starklolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    She must want to compete with Malcanter for his title.
    ThacoBelllolienDreadKhan
    Maybe she's half-kender?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Now she's gone and got herself a Ring of Wizardry (she says she found it under a tree which sounds pretty iffy to me) and she's like "Even Elminster hasn't got one of these," and I'm like "I don't suppose Elminster needs one," and she's like "That's so not the point."

Honestly, there's no reasoning with the girl.

Wow, she just doubled her spell capacity! Let's see @elminster do that...
    lolien
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    :o Where did Imoen have that much gold from? Just asking.

Insidious! Before long, you'll lose your status as protagonist.

Permidion_Stark
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Yeah, Imoen can rock them robes just fine! Any mage that doesn't think so can go soak their heads. And at a temple of Dagon, for all I care! Better be nice to Imoen. That goes for Dagon, too!
    Permidion_Starklolien
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Now she's gone and got herself a Ring of Wizardry (she says she found it under a tree which sounds pretty iffy to me) and she's like "Even Elminster hasn't got one of these," and I'm like "I don't suppose Elminster needs one," and she's like "That's so not the point."

Honestly, there's no reasoning with the girl.

Somebody should add a line like this in the NPC Project mod.
    lolienPermidion_Stark