Skip to content

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Beamdog, GOG, Steam)

Comments

• CaesarCzechCaesarCzech Member Posts: 8
    BTW where do you Find Allies ? Mounts are easy but i talked to every associate earlier in campaign and i cant seem to find any allies. can i get the list of allies ?
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    edited August 2019
    The key is on the Plane of Mechanus, CaesarCzech. Shout if you need to know exactly where, but you should be able to find it if you make sure you've explored everywhere, it's not 'hidden' just in another chest/desk I think. As for Allies, are you referring to potential allies to take to Thar? If so, one can be found by completing the 'item collection quest' (not the Mechanus one) for the head of the temple of Gond, and the others are your former allies in Hillsfar arena, if you have completed relevant quests in Melvaunt and talked to them. Again, shout if you want more specific information :-)
    Post edited by Phantasma on
    JuliusBorisovTarotRedhand
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Some people have posted in this thread, locations in the realms where they wish future modules to be set.

My own personal wish is that people would stop posting spoilers about the module by asking for help here. I do wish they would ask in the proper place - the modules section of these boards. I am still waiting for this module to be available directly from Beamdog or (although I doubt it will happen) Ossian themselves. So stop ruining the game for those who haven't got it yet and ask in the right place and include the word spoilers in the titles their own threads.

Thank you.

TR

I'd add it'd be ideal for people to go edit their existing spoilers so people don't see them.
    Prince_RaymondPhantasma
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 61
    Portraits - I'll pass around.
    Beamdog site - this is the plan, but no ETA.
    Crashes - please report each case at support.baldursgate.com along with your system specs so that we could investigate.

BTW, check out this post by Luke Scull about his own game dev story.

Thank you Julius for your response. I look forward to playing this when it is released on Beamdog site.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    I don't understand the hate Beamdog gets around. You don't like the product you just don't buy it, you like it you buy it... what's the problem with all these people ranting around, it feels like D&D is THEIR IP and that the naughty Beamdog guys are ruining it. No one prevents them from downloading the old module and enjoy it and if you want to experience the premium version just buy it, I fail to see what's complicated here.
    Iseweinmegamike15lolienaarionn
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Thank you so much for reviving this vapourware! :) Can't wait to play it!
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Is it available on Beamdog yet?
    themazingness
    edited September 2019
    I've decided while I wait for this to come to Beamdog's store I'll go play the first two modules in the series, Siege of Shadowdale and Crimson Tides of Tethyr, since Tyrants of the Moonsea is the third module.

I'm surprised Ossian Studios still hasn't announced this and this isn't on Beamdog yet. The Neverwinter Vault and lukescull.com are on top of it though.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    This ought to be corrected on the steam page then. As it stands now people understand this sentence as the module offering us 14 playable portraits for the player character, not just 3 as currently the case. Especially so for non-native English speakers.
    Had there been any change of how Beamdog handles this problem within the past two weeks?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This ought to be corrected on the steam page then. As it stands now people understand this sentence as the module offering us 14 playable portraits for the player character, not just 3 as currently the case. Especially so for non-native English speakers.
    Had there been any change of how Beamdog handles this problem within the past two weeks?

We've changed the store description to 14 new character portraits
    lolien
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

We've changed the store description to 14 new NPC character portraits

@JuliusBorisov Thanks for correcting the store page. Now customers know what they are getting without misunderstanding the sentence. Not the way of how I would have liked it to be handled, to be honest. But that's okay.
    JuliusBorisovthemazingnesslolien
  • deserkdeserk Member Posts: 35
    Why not simply open them up for player creation (at least those that are of playable races)? If I'm not a GM, why should I not have access to content I paid for? Also, why aren't these portraits of both Daggerford & Tyrants of the Moonsea accessible in use beyond their namesake modules? I.e. on PW or other modules.
    edited September 2019
    deserk wrote: »
    Why not simply open them up for player creation (at least those that are of playable races)? If I'm not a GM, why should I not have access to content I paid for? Also, why aren't these portraits of both Daggerford & Tyrants of the Moonsea accessible in use beyond their namesake modules? I.e. on PW or other modules.

To be fair, I don't think this is the first time NPC portraits have not been part of the character portraits. If you really wanted to, you could take a screenshot of the NPC portrait or use Snipping Tool (Windows application), edit in a photo editor, and then use the console to import the one you wanted (instructions here) .

I was much more concerned that it wasn't being advertised correctly since you can grab the portraits for yourself if you really want to (admittedly it'll take work and playing through the game and meeting those NPCs).

But I agree from a player's standpoint that it'd make sense if all content just included all new portraits as player character portraits.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    Kamigoroshi
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Guess i'm buying NWN:EE now. This is the exact kind of stuff I was hoping for. I hope Ossian, or someone, keeps pumping these out.
    JuliusBorisovmegamike15Prince_Raymondgugulug5000
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Matthieu wrote: »
    I don't understand the hate Beamdog gets around. You don't like the product you just don't buy it, you like it you buy it... what's the problem with all these people ranting around, it feels like D&D is THEIR IP and that the naughty Beamdog guys are ruining it. No one prevents them from downloading the old module and enjoy it and if you want to experience the premium version just buy it, I fail to see what's complicated here.

alot of [people are very protective of the d&d crpgs. they had been on gog for so long that once beamdog got the rights they felt like they were being stolen from them. it does not help that on gog the older versions got delisted and you have to buy the ee which only lead to gog users calling beamdog's games cash grabs.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Literally getting worked up over a $10 game. If they love the original versions so much they're free to buy a disc version off Amazon. And quite a number of the complainers on GOG are extremists who thinks that Beamdog is pushing a political agenda when there's none.
    fetito666megamike15gugulug5000
    they also never seem to factor in that this one was not finished when it came out as free due to it being cancelled. but becuse it was freee for years and now beamdog finished it and it costs money it's a cash grab.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Add to that, at least one of the nay-sayers is apparently a troll. By this I mean I checked this persons other posts on various things on GOG and found that they were all negative and that this negativity was really targeted at GOG itself not BD exclusively.

TR
    megamike15Prince_Raymond
    Any word on Tyrants coming to the Beamdog site for download?
    Literally getting worked up over a $10 game. If they love the original versions so much they're free to buy a disc version off Amazon. And quite a number of the complainers on GOG are extremists who thinks that Beamdog is pushing a political agenda when there's none.

THE WAY I SEE IT: Minimum wage is $10 an hour... if you get an hour's worth of gameplay, you got your money's worth. :)
    TarotRedhandPrince_Raymond
    deserk wrote: »
    I really hope Ossian gets to make many more modules, and their adventures feel really immersive and true to the Forgotten Realms. Would be cool if they did something in Chult, Calimshan, the Unapproachable East or the Shining South.

i really want an adventure that takes place in waterdeep and we get to explore the whole city. we have had two hotu and Dreamcatcher that only take place in a small section of waterdeep even tho there is more to that area.

and yes i know the excuse for the latter was due to reuseing hotu's tile set.
    Isewein
  • Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    Great module i love it!
    JuliusBorisov
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Would really love to see this come to the Beamdog store relatively sooner than later.
    themazingnessJuliusBorisov
    Will it be available on Beamdog?
    If we buy on GOG, do we have to have the GOG versions of NWN?
    Trixter wrote: »
    If we buy on GOG, do we have to have the GOG versions of NWN?

As gog.com says, "To play this game you also need Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition." So you'd have to buy it again. It is 66% off right now though.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Trixter wrote: »
    Will it be available on Beamdog?

Yes, it will be available, but there is no ETA.
    Well, I hope soon so we aren't ruined with spoilers.
    JuliusBorisovAedan