Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Good to have you back, @Blackraven! Interesting strategy with Sarevok; I didn't realize that was an option.
    EnuhalBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Borco Deities of Faerûn has a kit for Valkur (not for Cleric/Mage though).
    Borco
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    @semiticgod The Invisibility wall trick? For some reason, none of Sarevok’s mages have any Invisibility purges, or at least don’t cast them at Tactical SCS. I’ve been abusing stuff like this for melee bruisers in SoA like golems, or at one point Improved Vampires, so I tried it against Sarevok’s party... Not having to kite to get ranged attacks in safely saves so much time and concentration. :tongue:
    StummvonBordwehrBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited September 2019
    @Neverused What a coincidence, I'm running a Cleric of Moander too right now, the Finder's Stone Trilogy featuring Moander got me interested in D&D way back in the day. Oddly enough I think the C/M and C/T may be bugged though, they have far more spheres than the single class cleric I'm running. If you're doing a BG2 install now I concur that the bug with wands and other quickslot items is probably from M&G or SoB, a save vs. breath weapon message came up for me so it's possibly connected to the Evasion feat for thieves. I did manage to complete a trilogy run with it (though it ended my last run!) however so you might want to perservere with that set up. Good work on getting through SoD anyway.
    Post edited by Mantis37 on
    BlackravenWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Those are impressive strategies. I'm beginning to feel ashamed for relying so much on wands, and for having recharged them.
    @Arvia: You're wise to use wands! They're better!

When you think about it, poverty runs and other challenge runs are just when you make horribly bad decisions.
    ArviaWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
    True, I forgot that most people here have been playing for ages and need new challenges, while I'm still occupied enough with the normal game.
    It's also true, though, that recharging them is not economical. I probably wouldn't do that again.
    On the other hand, spending all my money on "just in case" potions and scrolls that I don't use is not economical, either.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
    And I have to remember to take them *all* out of the potion case before the final fight with Sarevok, if I get there.
    It was so frustrating the first time, to arrive in SoD and they were gone.

Wise_Grimwald
    @Arvia: The potion case did not transfer to SoD? Have you used Modmerge to combine your BG1 and SoD installs? That's a necessary prerequisite for modding the game, but I think that would also prevent the game from failing to transfer certain items, since it sounds like your SoD install is missing the item file or the store file for the potion case.
    @semiticgod , all items in my inventory got transferred, except for the potion case and the scroll case (and their content).

I had NPC project installed, nothing else.

And I thought Modmerge was only required to mod your game while playing on Steam?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    My containers transfer properly to SoD - though I do have to remember to take anything out of containers (like the pantaloons) that I want to transfer to BG2 with an imported character.
    Arvia
    It really depends on how much money you collect. If you go after every trove, you can recharge everything, and that money gathering is tedious. If you don't go after every resource, you spend more time actually playing the game.
    ArviaWise_Grimwald
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    Arvia wrote: »
    @semiticgod , all items in my inventory got transferred, except for the potion case and the scroll case (and their content).

was it in YOUR inventory i.e, not one of the other npcs?