Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Yeah I see. It will not stop me from playing either, it's not a major issue. Based on what is written, it seems to be a combination of using latest SCS together with this mod on BG2. But it's not a big deal.
  • GynsburgheGynsburghe Member Posts: 60
    @Ludwig_II : I get it in BG1, also running the latest SCS. At least it will be uniform when I get to BG2, LOL.
  • AscalyonAscalyon Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2019
    I noticed there is a small visual inconsistency and icon misalignment in the save menu of BG2EE as the GUISRRQB file is not modified by Dragonspear UI++.
    miqog99ntxni.png

A quick fix: put the attached file in the BG2EE override folder.
    gdw9ncc2dnso.png
    Post edited by Ascalyon on
    Peccajunk11GusindaEtamin
  • shadowlichshadowlich Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2019
    haw1f61kx2tp.png

@Pecca : As promised, I used your code to make my own Inventory Screen. I removed useless layer of code then added more useless ones. Now the UI has ZERO delay and requires just to click once as in vanilla UI.
    Thanks again Peca ;)

55a6nb3q2m59.jpg
    ronaldoPeccabeoFlashburn
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    @shadowlich Have you considered taking over the mod maintenance from Pecca? :)
    As much as I would like this mod to keep getting maintained, Shadowlich's inventory screen looks very convoluted to me. I wouldnt want that to be the official inventory screen of this mod, at least not the only option
    EtaminAndreaColomboAedan
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    edited September 2019
    Haha that's insane and awesome :) good job
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    @shadowlich
    if you could replace portraits with paperdolls and arrange equipment slots in an intuitive way, like in the original, that would actually be good

also, you could display physical resistance on the damage type ideograms, the same way you display ac mods (top left as opposed to bottom right for example)
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Shadowlich, any chance you could be given permission to make this mod compatible with EET?
    Etamin
  • shadowlichshadowlich Member Posts: 50
    Dont want to pollute Pecca's thread, so I created one here : https://gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30670-ui-mod/
    bob_veng
    @shadowlich the link seems to be dead.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited October 2019
    @Arthas Try copy and paste link text, html code has missing ":"
    https://gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30670-ui-mod/

Post edited by ALIEN on
    Arthas
  • GorgerGorger Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2019
    @GrimmTsung

To fix it, you can edit the file UI.Menu in the override folder
    Replace each time
    mosaic "RGQSLOT"
    by
    bam STONSLOT

The result will be :xjab4jt4s8gg.bmp

@raza
    Would it be possible to have aprint screen ? I could quickly fix it

I made a file so you can easily cut and paste the text, since you otherwise have to replace at least 59 lines of RGQSLOT to STONSLAT which is just tedious.

Instructions:
    Before you do anything always make a copy of your UI.Menu file.
    --
    1. Open the file I attached and mark everything inside then press ctrl+c to copy it.
    2. Open UI.Menu with notepad which is found in the folder override in your baldur's gate installation folder. (Remember to make a copy of the file first)
    3. Press ctrl+f to open search and find RGQSLOT. It should be looking like this
    986f5a872e60adad91c12030bc616813.png
    4. Now what you need to do is start with "list" as you can see in my picture and mark everything while you scroll down. You need to replace everything down to my last line which should be all the way down at quicklootSlot59. When you have made down there stop at "menu" which is the last line of my attachment. Now erase all you have marked with a single push of backspace then press ctrl+v to replace everything you have erased with the contents of my attachment. It should look like this:
    19e2bcea762ae017963d264546e97682.png

All the lines should now be replaced with the proper code where RGQSLOT has been replaced with STONSLAT which should make all magical items now turn blue in the quick slot icons.

I have tested this on BGEE1+ Dragonspear and BGEE2 and I've had no issues with it.
    57f0dc58e9a4546039cd24d02e320f40.jpg

Hopefully a patch will come along so people trying out this fantastic UI doesn't have to deal with this annoyance every time they install it, but for now this temporarily fix is the easiest method to get it working.

PS: If the quick loot for some reason isn't showing up just go to options/gameplay/ui settings
    In there go to Quickloot mode and press it twice until it says Expert. Further down in the settings you should also see: On game start, Quickloot : Visible. Press that twice to just trigger it so it starts working as well.

Post edited by Gorger on
  • SirickSirick Member Posts: 92
    edited October 2019
    Seems there is an incompatibility with Might and Guile (at least I think it's Might and Guile). The mod adds the ability to sometimes select new feats abilities at level up, which I believe relies on something from the vanilla UI, so when you try and select the option the game simply crashes.

Any one know of this issue, and a possible workaround for fix for it?

0bcfzr0xvqsv.png
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited October 2019
    i noticed a text bug. when talking with kolssed if you pick option 2 with the nwn style text window the text overflows and you can't continue the conversation. it's only that option the rest are fine.

also the movies arnt playing. i don't get the cutscene when entering the friendly arm inn. not sure if the mod is just causing the movies to not play or because you need to double click to enter areas now it skips them.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited October 2019
    shadowlich wrote: »
    Equipment slots are difficult to arrange nicely; use the original and there will be hole because of weapons that turn it very ugly. Anyway, they can be configure easily by weidu or baldur.lua

So it makes sense to do the weapons at the far right. But the consumables in the middle seems really weird. and the ammunition is on a different row from the weapons.

You have 20 squares in total:
    - 4x weapon
    - 3x ammo
    - 3x consumable
    - offhand
    - armor
    - helmet
    - cloak
    - belt
    - gloves
    - boots
    - amulet
    - 2x ring

One possible way to arrange it would be to have the weapon/ammo/consumables on one line together, since that is stuff you "use" and should be switching between, whereas the rest is worn "permanently":

armor, helmet, cloak, belt, gloves, boots, amulet, 2x ring, offhand
    3x consumable, 3x ammo, 4x weapon

Another possible way would be to keep the consumables on the far left, and the actual gear to the right, and perhaps keep the mainhand and offhand somewhat close:

3x consumable, 2x ring, helmet, cloak, belt, gloves, boots
    3x ammo, amulet, armor, offhand, 4x weapon

Perhaps swap the two lines if you're okay with the top row being shorter than the 2nd row.

Or if you want to keep the worn equipment as a block:

3x consumable, helmet, cloak, gloves, amulet, ring, ring, offhand
    3x ammo, armor, belt, boots, 4x weapon

Or maybe:

helmet, cloak, gloves, amulet, 3x consumable, 3x ammo
    armor, belt, boots, 2x ring, offhand, 4x weapon
  • GorgerGorger Member Posts: 6
    Some bugs I have noticed so far with this addon.

- The "reveal items" button resets every time you load or restart the game, so you need to re-press it every time. Would be nice if it saved so it was always on by default.
    - The chat gets slightly chipped by the edge making some text lines disappear, this happens very often if you click on descriptive question marks around the world that contains a lot of written text.
    - Auto-loot not having blue colored background for magical items. (this is fixed by using a temp hotfix kindly provided by another user on the previous page, but still would be very nice to have this fixed by default, since the hotfix is tedious to implement as it needs over 50 lines of edited text in ui.menu.
    - The new dialogue bar, as much as I love it, resets every time to its default location at the top left of the screen. I would have loved it if I could have it save in the middle of the screen for an easier time reading.

Other than that this ui mod is borderline perfect, and it has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of the game. Thank you so much for making it.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited October 2019
    One bug found by me. You can't click on mage spellbook (or any other menu icon) when you have it opened. You can only close it by esc.
    @Pecca do you plan to work more on this addon or is it finished? What with EET compability? I remember when you asked for help with that in September 2017. Comparing to any other UI addon here yours is by far the best. I like LeUI work, but i miss few things, like new fixed journal, all inventories on one screen, disappearing quickloot squares after looting or resized font.
    Post edited by Etamin on
    I have a hypothesis where he is actually avoiding to work on the UI because he plans for Beamdog to buy it so he doesn't want to put work into it when it could be Beamdog doing that

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so i was looking at the kolssed conversation again and made the font smaller. and it seems it's not the text overflowing thats doing it. something about option 2 of that talk bugs the ui out as you don't get options even if you make the font smaller. thus your stuck as you can't continue the conversation.

it works fine with the classic text box but i prefer the more nwn box as for some reason when you scroll with the classic box it causes this hug gap between what the person is saying and your dialogue choices.

edited November 2019
    Some questions:

1) if you install the ui, how would you move the dialogue box from top to bottom? :P
    2) Why is the map not stretched ?
    3) The chapter change screens are messed up
  • #gargamel#gargamel Member Posts: 5
    is there a place to report bugs or just dump my insights here? :p
    I found there is a visual bug if you go from the item details page into the abilites page of weapon, e.g. when they have a ranged nad melee mode.
    is this already known?

THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME UI PECCA <3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @arthasll
    I guess it's engine limitations?
    Actually the inventory screen is a mixed bag for me too.
    I love everything about the UI but moving items between characters feels more complicated with dragonspear UI.
    What I would normally do is grab an item, Switch character per 1,2,3,etc. Hotkey - Drop the item. Very comfortable because the inventory area is at the same spot for every character.

So my question would be: is dragonspear UI component based (not knowing if this is even possible with infinity engine)
    Can I deactivate the inventory screen only?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @ArthasII
    So what is your UI preference then ;)
    Pls share :)
  • Chevalier_NoirChevalier_Noir Member Posts: 11
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    InKal wrote: »

I have this strange red markings/dots. Latest DSUI++, SCS R10, bunch of other mods.

Have you managed to solve this issue? I have the same red markings on both BGEE and BG2EE with latest DSUI++ on Record screen. I will appreciate if anyone has any ideas about it.
    Screenshot is attached.

u6uicz7dmzka.png

I had the same issue on my last installation, I identified it comes from STATES.BAM or STATES2.BAM in the override folder.
    I don't know exactly from which module and how it happens. But if you replace them by the ones in attachment, the issue seems to be gone. At least, it works for me.
    Ludwig_II
    edited December 2019
    Yes, that fixed it! Thanks a lot @Chevalier_Noir

It looks like they are coming from IWD Spells Component of SCS. I'm tagging @DavidW here in case he would be interested in the fix.
    Chevalier_Noir