Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @CrevsDaak Congrats upon reaching SoA. :)
    CharlestonianTemplarBlackravenCrevsDaaksemiticgoddess
  • CrevsDaak wrote: »
    Our stats at the very beginning of SoA.

Super run.
    BlackravenCrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    the Dex book is in the thief guild where you get teleported running after Sarevok... just sitting in a barrel waiting to be picked up mate

gratz on making it to Sod
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    ussnorway wrote: »
    the Dex book is in the thief guild where you get teleported running after Sarevok... just sitting in a barrel waiting to be picked up mate
    I have the Item Randomiser installed, so finding the Tomes is a bit more than just meta-gaming (many get placed on dangerous places, which I'd rather skip, since realistically all I need to get as a Druid from BG1 is enough XP to survive early SoA, stats are superfluous for spellcasters).
    BlackravenWise_Grimwald
    CrevsDaak wrote: »
    ussnorway wrote: »
    I have the Item Randomiser installed, so finding the Tomes is a bit more than just meta-gaming (many get placed on dangerous places, which I'd rather skip, since realistically all I need to get as a Druid from BG1 is enough XP to survive early SoA, stats are superfluous for spellcasters).

Whilst dex isn't super-important, surely it still gives you a better armour rating.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited October 2019
    Journal of Obsidian the Orcish Blackguard and co-adventurers.

[Being of orcish lineage, we always had problems with being accepted in Candlekeep. That was until a Champion of Bane came along. He accepted us for what we are and so we reciprocated with all our being, becoming blackguards, Champions of Bane, Fists of Bane, Clerics of his son Xvim and a fighter/thief who also worships Bane.

What a cool party my friend. Question, how do you make the characters beyond your PC? I always thought I was limited to my PC and either the standard npc's, i.e., Imoen, Jaheira, or npc's thatb are available in places like G3?
  • Morning folks!

Question. How come when you kill Aec'Letec, no one in the party is given credit? I think either Valerie or Indira got the final blow but it doesn't reflect. CT
    Wise_Grimwald
    edited October 2019
    Journal of Obsidian the Orcish Blackguard and co-adventurers.

[Being of orcish lineage, we always had problems with being accepted in Candlekeep. That was until a Champion of Bane came along. He accepted us for what we are and so we reciprocated with all our being, becoming blackguards, Champions of Bane, Fists of Bane, Clerics of his son Xvim and a fighter/thief who also worships Bane.

What a cool party my friend. Question, how do you make the characters beyond your PC? I always thought I was limited to my PC and either the standard npc's, i.e., Imoen, Jaheira, or npc's thatb are available in places like G3?

I did have to use EE-Keeper to create some of those characters. Even with mods there were some combinations that were impossible: Fist/mage and Fighter/Cleric of Xvim being the cases in point. With them I had to roll a fighter/mage and assign the kit afterwards and a fighter/cleric and assign the kit afterwards, remembering to change the innate spells as well as the kit and also update the bonus stats. I don't know if the latter was necessary.

The method before EE came out was to play multi-player.
    However with EE it is a little easier.

I don't know whether it is a mod or EE that has caused this but you just click on Create Party.
    24e8umt18dno.jpg

I presume that you can still do it using the multi-player mode, but haven't checked.

With the old system after creating a game in multi-player mode I would copy the save from the mpsave folder into the save folder.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2019
    @Borco how do you pronounce the protagonists name?
    "Naughty" seems strange for a paladin :)
    Aerakar