Skip to content

Favorite Charnames You've Come Up With

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    diggerb said:

I named my first character Greywolf... Needless to say I was confused when I got to Beregost and the Prism quest.

HAHA! That's great. I can just imagine XD
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Azenath - Female Human Assassin, Neutral Evil
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    @Quartz hahaha Shenanigan Flanagan is awesome, kudos to you.

Sadly i tend to have forgotten most of mine, but the ones i tended to use most have been:

Rufus Hobart (quelle surprise) - male human Monk - also pops up in every other bit of writing i've done in various guises

Laisha - essentially good-hearted but chaotic female wild mage

Meat - stupid name from a stupid joke that made a friend and I laugh for far too long. Still, he's been a regular appearance in every RPG i've played for the last 20 years.

Collax - halfling thief

Jesenia Joysword - female elven ranger.

Hadley Grima - male cleric.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @rufus_hobart Thanks! Shenanigan Flanagan is probably my favorite as well.
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2012
    Zaharra (originally codenamed Gemma Greenglow :D) Gnome Female, Cleric/Thief, Chaotic Good
    Neleothesze - played in many games, in Baldur's Gate she was an Elf Female, Sorceress, Neutral/Lawful Good
    - These two loosely follow the canon background and both have short stories written for them.
    Amaranthe Human Female, Conjurer, Neutral Evil
    ------------------
    Luatha Naan Half-Elf Female Bard (sister of Jareth) Chaotic Neutral
    Jareth Naan Half-Elf Fighter/Mage (inspired by and named after Jareth from the Labyrinth movie with David Bowie) Chaotic Neutral
    - These two were written for and played in Icewind Dale; I also played them in BG2 when I wanted to make a multiplayer game; neither of them was Charname, just party members who had met Charname while wandering around the Sword Coast.
    ------------------
    Xiv - played in several games, usually a demonic-looking and/or an undead-summoning fighter; in Icewind Dale 2 she was a Tiefling Female, Fighter, Neutral Evil
    ------------------
    Liath Mara - played in many games, usually a Monk-type character.
    Elyssia -also played in several games, usually a Healer ( Priest / Cleric / Favored Sould etc )
    Elekthe - also played in a number of games, usually a Ranger ( Ranger / Archer / Hunter etc )

Post edited by neleothesze on
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    I'm not really that imaginative in names.

I can't remember what name i used when i was younger lol, i think it was Astaroth for any necromancer i made, and i played almost always necromancers back then.

After a point i started making fighters mostly, and named them either Yulor or Mornmagor always.

This time Yulor or Pain(Blackguard) will have some work to do in BG:EE :p
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I gave him my real first name the first few playthroughs.

My current cleric/mage is called Sun and has 10 false dawn and sunray spells as special abilities :) Al the undead and drow turn to dust as he walks in. B-)

No i'm joking his name is just sun and has a hard time against many foes and likes to summon undead.

• KolonKuKolonKu Member Posts: 87
    Normally it takes me forever to come up with names I'm satisfied with! Here's my IWD-party with short descriptions:

Dana Thornwind
    Ranger or fighter specializing in bows

Nalagas Steelhand
    Leader-type fighter

Zhaar van Krelzoot
    Human necromancer

Rebecca de Sanzelon
    Elven or half-elven cleric

Léon Khieu Sisowath
    Calimshite Thief

Crimson 'Mephistopheles' Mandragon
    Mage primarily utilizing fire spells

If memory serves, these guys were either neutral or evil. For BGEE, I'll probably use the name Dana Thornwind.

Also worthy of mentioning is my friends paladin from our brief BG2 co op-session, Lucifer Antichrist! He had sick stats.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    @KolonKu the use of "de" and "van" let's me believe you are from Europe ;)

In IWD I once created a party of Gangsta rappers, 5 black and 1 white. I called them Proof, Bizzare, Swift, Con Artist, Kuniva and Eminem....

And has Gorion have a last name, I searched but could not find it
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    Playing IWD I just used friend's names that best suited the character. Dwarf Fighter -> mate with a short man syndrome, elf ranger -> lanky eco warrior mate, mage -> clever friend. Then its a bit like the cartoon 'dungeons and dragons' when that rollercoaster goes into fantasy land and they turn into d&d type people.
  • MosesHallMosesHall Member Posts: 28
    I almost always use "Utreizh Gutek" for a sorcerer, though in my current replay of SoA I'm using "Ludark Babark". Another one I have used at least once or twice is "Kakenstein".
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110
    My favorite has to be Andrew The Great. What a mighty man he was...
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    Laropmet (undead mInotaur demon king), Haymanot (a reverse engineered monkish babalonian beast wrassler), Dr. Mantic Sopphic (mystery solver), Sage-Maru (pronounced saw-gehy) of the sage-fu clan of scholars, and The Figrut (stereotypical druidish gardener breeder) are some of the many names I rotate through of favored Rp'ed Pnp characters I use in computer games. Oh, and Badassius McCool in honor of a buddies Rp'ed PnP roman camel.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Figrut said:

Laropmet (undead mInotaur demon king)

The only thing worse then a minotaur demon king is an undead minotaur demon king

• UranUran Member Posts: 65
    Shangri-La - Human Female Mage
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    edited October 2012
    @HaHaCharade He was responsible for the lost evil impetuses of temporary intelligent undead, and the "souls" of rare incarnate intelligences of evil sentient constructs. I had started to muscle into comitters of pratricide in "spirit", but not actual patricide. I had my own little niche, and finally beginning to be lucretive "luxury" cruise buisness. The name is "Temporal" spelled backwards.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    I have my own character that I play with on all my fantasy rpg's whenever possible.

Drow necromancer- Lolillethon Bal'Taurez
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Kenjimoto Tsuduke (Monk) for me; my second favorite was Shannara, but that was from a novel title (never read it).
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    i almost always name pc "alexander". i like that name very much and it shortens the creation process. i tried "wolf" once but it seemed too pretentious. :P
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    I have a full list of bios on my main character names for most rpgs but ill put the name and class here.

Rajick hellfire- tiefling if possible human if not assassin sometimes kensai/Mage

Bai'il- necromancer ether human or elf

Groth'mal- half-Orc or Orc depending on game barbarian or berserker

Malorn sunstrider- paladin human elf In games that allow it.

Varin'fel- drow ranger evil if possible or with mods.

Bor'ragar - dwarf fighter or cleric
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I always just make up some variation of my own name. I've used "Toddicus", "Toddrick", and "Brother Todd".

For a female character, I've used Toddica and Toddeia. I think my favorite feminization for "Todd" is "Toddeia" (pronounced Tah-DAY-ah). I especially like that "Toddeia" winds up having that "deia" root word in it, implying "goddess".

Some times I just use an "of" or an "al" plus a deity's name, taking a cue from Robert Jordan. So I might use
    "Todd al Thor", "Todd of Oghma", "Todd de la Musique", or something like that.

Other times, when I'm not feeling very creative, I just make up an abbreviation that says what the character is, like "ToddMage 102012". I'm especially likely to do that with a single-character hack-n-slash game like Torchlight.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited October 2012
    Obviously I didn't come up with it, but I named a character Veldrin once. Had to be careful what I said in the bg2 underdark, but still, I like the name.
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26
    I do real names backwards e.g. my name is Alex so my character is called Xela
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Brunhilda, the Horny Dwarven Barmaid. Created as a joke character. Got way into roleplaying her. I liked to pretend that she hit on everyone in my party and made them uncomfortable. That was totally one of my most hilarious playthroughs to date.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    My most recent playthrough is with a Paladin named Viktor Leonte. I came up with the name when I was playing on a Neverwinter Nights Ravenloft server and needed a Barovian/Romanian name that sounded like something from the Castlevania series.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I have a set of names i use in various games. Need to have several options in case some of "my" names
    was already taken.

Aron Crowell
    Ilisar Crowell

Aron Windspear
    Ilisar Windspear

Corlon Crowell
    Shawford Crale

Elarandil Ciryatan
    Mythradin

Tantos of Selune
    Tanthos

Sathuros
    Tazurk

Ethanduil
    Aronduil

Varon
    Jema

Sar
    Vorlon

Hmm i think thats the names i used the most :)

During Baldur's Gate EE, i intent to use the name Aron Crowell for my Paladin character with my
    apprentice who will with no doubt call his wizard Celuvian :)

May the light guide you all.

Tom Fjellheim
    bossie@live.no
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I used to use a Half-Orc named Uktar,
    which I actually found in the Manual in a table with the "Colloquial Description" as "The rotting" and the "Gregorian Month" as "November".

Not a bad name though.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    names from the past have been...
    Fighter-my mistress
    Cleric/MU-Pyro Maximus
    current Paladin-Honorius Gontabulus
    female Cleric (twice)-Medic & slut (sry)
    rex (king) has been used several times for male characters & Mist (after a 2nd ed. AD&D char) has been used for several female characters