(IE) Console versions released

Comments

• iRemol89iRemol89 Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2019
    When can we expect the first update?
    Post edited by iRemol89 on
  • Tolek113Tolek113 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2019
    Guys, does 'nearest neighbor scaling' works on nintendo switch ?
    I think It doesn't matter whether I turn on/of this option and always I get pixels on my screen.
    I compared pc version and it looks much more better (blurred)

OK, I figured out that it applies only to characters, but on pc it works for background s(walls, buildings and so on), why it doesn't work in the same way on switch ?
    When it is blured it looks much more better not only for characters but for the rest of environment as well
  • twilektwilek Member Posts: 4
    twilek wrote: »
    Well, not available in PSN Store for people who lives in Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine :( (more info here https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/10/14/these-are-your-new-playstation-store-releases-this-week-15/) So since I live in Sweden I can't buy it unfortunately. Any plans to release it in the countries above?

We are working on resolving the issue with Sony.

How does it going with this? Any ETA?

How can I switch HP coloured to digits (points) on Nintendo Switch?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    iRemol89 wrote: »
    When can we expect the first update?

No ETA is available.
    Well, not available in PSN Store for people who lives in Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine :( (more info here https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/10/14/these-are-your-new-playstation-store-releases-this-week-15/) So since I live in Sweden I can't buy it unfortunately. Any plans to release it in the countries above?

The office was closed over the weekend. We'll resume working on the issue once it opens in 30 minutes. You have to take into account the number of parties involved.
    iRemol89 wrote: »

Sorry, can you clarify your question?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @JuliusBorisov what about 'nearest neighbor scaling' ?, please read my previous comment
    Can't reply without screenshots. Can you please provide the screenshots with different settings on/off so that we could understand what is the matter.
    edited October 2019
    @JuliusBorisov sure
    qqradkxbjv2g.png
    ndnaxzh9sho3.png

so as you can see, when scaling is off, on pc both squares are blured (squares 7 & 8)
    whereas on switch only characters are blured (square 4) and every thing else are just a nasty pixels (square 3)

what am I doing wrong ?
    @JuliusBorisov should this look like on last screen (background in pixels) or it was intended on nintendo switch ?
    edited October 2019
    Sorry, I'm still unsure what you mean. I recommend reporting a bug if you think there is one via our Service Desk and wait for the reply from the QA.
    edited October 2019
    what I mean is that linear scaling doesn't work for everything but only for characters(are smooth) in opposite to how it works on pc
    registered a bug BGCS-76
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2019
    2lq6m8m5kzgt.png
    In Torment under character’s portrait on the bar there is visualisation of health points.
    In Pc and iOS versions it is possible to click on it and change into digits e.g. 20/20 HP
    We have investigated. There is no way to switch from coloured to digits on console.
    Thanks for answer. I don't understand yours decision. Digits are a way more useful in combat.
    Despite of this still looking forward for the first patch improving Polish translation + voiceover:D
    JuliusBorisov
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Is the console version of nwn coming out before the iOS version?
    Staran wrote: »

That depends on all ins and outs of the iOS build, the team around it, the QA time, etc.
    Staran wrote: »

That depends on all ins and outs of the iOS build, the team around it, the QA time, etc.

That is correct. It really does, doesn’t it?

What version is skybound using to convert to consoles?
    Is it converting the 1.69 build and “updates will be incoming”?
    Or is it using a more up to date version with 64 bit and new renderer?
    Or the last production pc version?
    Skybound are only publishers. It's our devs who are doing the work (you can read more about that in the interview linked above).

They're using the most up to date version with the new renderer.
    Thank you for the information
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2019
    Liam O'Brien and Laura Bailey from Critical Role will play Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition today at 4pm PT. Baldur's gate, Liam and Laura! Don't You Dare Miss It!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_O'Brien
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Bailey_(voice_actress)

lefreutStummvonBordwehrspacejaws
    (VOD) is available to subscribers of their channel.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    I wanted to say thank you guys so much for your hard work on this. I know there are some issues with the release right now but overall it is awesome to be able to play this game portable on the Switch with the direct joystick movement and the interactive object "cursor snap."
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovSkatanspacejaws
  • JackonelliJackonelli Member Posts: 3
    Will neverwinter nights have multiplayer support? If yes; will it be cross-platform?
    Jackonelli wrote: »
    Will neverwinter nights have multiplayer support? If yes; will it be cross-platform?

It will have MP. Cross-platform MP hasn't been confirmed (or not confirmed), though.
    StummvonBordwehrJackonelli
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited October 2019
    1. MP is not available. There are very had challenges to implement it, and we aimed for the ideal 1st playthrough when we developed the games for the launch.

Does this mean MP is never going to happen on console, or just not now/at launch?

Post edited by H0RSE on
  • boogieboyboogieboy Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2019
    In the name of Sarevok, who thought of attaching pause to the options button on ps4 controller? This is very terribly uncomfortable!!!
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    boogieboy wrote: »
    In the name of Sarevok, who thought of attaching pause to the options button on ps4 controller? This is very terribly uncomfortable!!!

Yeah, I brought up this issue in a different thread, I'm playing on Switch and having pause on the + button is equally uncomfortable. The way I would solve the issue is a toggle option under Gameplay somewhere that would let you swap the map button with the pause button, but Beamdog may have a better idea, I dunno. I suggested it at their feedback portal here.
  • boogieboyboogieboy Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2019
    boogieboy wrote: »

Yeah, I brought up this issue in a different thread, I'm playing on Switch and having pause on the + button is equally uncomfortable. The way I would solve the issue is a toggle option under Gameplay somewhere that would let you swap the map button with the pause button, but Beamdog may have a better idea, I dunno. I suggested it at their feedback portal here.
    I really hope it will be fixed. Pause in this game is worth its weight in gold. Let BOO guide them!
    PS
    Send to feedback portal too...

• shurastikshurastik Member Posts: 1

The office was closed over the weekend. We'll resume working on the issue once it opens in 30 minutes. You have to take into account the number of parties involved.

Any news about this?