• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Miranda - I recall she becomes more relevant in the Gavin npc mod
    JuliusBorisovIsewein
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    My favorite kid is Albert. :)
    Permidion_Starktbone1BlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Skatan wrote: »
    I've always been found of Marl. The whole dialogue is pretty good and enables both RP choices (you can define your character by picking certain choices) but also PG choices to maximize EXP if that's your bag. He's a broken, drunken dad and want to take out his anger on anyone he meets.

Even when I am in theory role playing I find it impossible not give the answers that net you the 900 XP. However, I recently tried out the NPC project for the first time and it turns out if you have Montaron in your party as soon as Marl opens his mouth things escalate really quickly.

SkatanThacoBellBlackraven
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    ilduderino wrote: »
    For a thespian extraordinaire she is remarkably bad at faking being ambushed though

Based on people I've seen who would use the phrase "thespian extraordinaire", she seems no worse than average.
    ThacoBellPermidion_StarkMERLANCE
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Noober.
    ThacoBellNimranJuliusBorisov
  • TrauerweideTrauerweide Member Posts: 27
    I actutually like Gorion... he rescued and raised you and finally died defending you from Sarevok. Btw. in the German version he is voiced by the same guy who voiced Xzar. So Gorion always sounds a bit crazy and evil :D.
    ThacoBellPermidion_StarkChroniclerJuliusBorisov
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Trauerweide Or Xzar sounds wise and forgiving, heh. (I actually never noticed that. Maybe because Xzar and Montaron only served as backup against Tarnesh in my one German runthrough, soon-to-be-replaced by J&K.)
    Permidion_StarkTrauerweideAcifer
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Eddster wrote: »
    I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Tamoko here, although she’s an evil character she wanted to save Sarevok before he destroyed himself, without understanding that he was already too far gone. She was certainly one of the more relatable characters in the original game.

Particularly with what happened at the end of ToB with certain characters, a very touching moment I felt.

Last time I beat the game, I noticed I had an option to promise her I won't kill Sarevok.

This lead to me looking into weather it had been possible to beat the game without killing him this whole time and I never noticed.

It's not. If you make that promise I guess that just ends up being a promise you break.
    monico
  • EddsterEddster Member Posts: 14
    Nimbul is brutal to try and fight at the time you meet him...absolutely brutal.
    He’d be even worse if he summoned that familiar
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Gotta give Bub Snikt some love.. that guys got a nose like Wolverine ?
    Chroniclertbone1
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited November 2019
    If we are talking about Baldur's Gate 1. I would say Oogie Wisham. lol cj12m8ff3bii.png
    Post edited by Vasculio on
    Permidion_Starktbone1
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    Eddster wrote: »
    Nimbul is brutal to try and fight at the time you meet him...absolutely brutal.

Lead him down to the graveyard, charm him, click on a couple tombstones, leave Nimbul there, and he won't be a problem any more. Be sure to collect your reward first from the mayor; he probably won't survive the carnage that ensues. You will probably have to sneak back to get Nimbul's stuff (if it was not incinerated).
    Vasculio wrote: »
    If we are talking about Baldur's Gate 1. I would say Oogie Wisham. lol

What's the deal with Oogie Wisham? I don't think I know this one.
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    Chronicler wrote: »
    Vasculio wrote: »
    If we are talking about Baldur's Gate 1. I would say Oogie Wisham. lol

What's the deal with Oogie Wisham? I don't think I know this one.

He is upstairs in the tavern in the south of Beregost and is paranoid that the paladin downstairs is out to get him.
    ChroniclerThacoBell
    Honorable Mention to that Ogre you find chilling at a Fireplace north of the Gnoll Fortress. When you talk to him he's all "I just had a big meal and all I wanna do is bliss out on my good tummy feelings for a while. Can we fight later?"

Ate a big burrito and now I'm thinking about him.
    BlackravenZaxaresSkatanZaghoul
  • DaelonDulucDaelonDuluc Member Posts: 15
    I like Silke. True, I do kill her every time I meet her but I still like her.

I too like Silke. She hired me to do a job. I did it and she paid me. That's all I really ask. Work doesn't have anything to do with morality to me. That and she's so dern perky!
    Permidion_Stark
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    Honorable Mention to that Ogre you find chilling at a Fireplace north of the Gnoll Fortress. When you talk to him he's all "I just had a big meal and all I wanna do is bliss out on my good tummy feelings for a while. Can we fight later?"

I really wish there was a peaceful resolution to that encounter. I think it's the NPC project that adds Ogre-sized bags of turnips for sale at the Nashkel Carnival--I tried bringing one out to Bear River to roast with the ogre, but nothing doing.
    BelacRLJ wrote: »

I really wish there was a peaceful resolution to that encounter. I think it's the NPC project that adds Ogre-sized bags of turnips for sale at the Nashkel Carnival--I tried bringing one out to Bear River to roast with the ogre, but nothing doing.

Isn't the peaceful resolution just you leaving him alone like he asks? I seem to recall that he won't fight you unless you repeatedly talk to him after he asks you to stop pestering him.
    ThacoBellZaghoul
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    I love Gorion because there is so much nuance to his character (or rather to his role in Charnames backstory onto which we can project his character ). I imagine many of my Charnames changing their mind about Gorion one way or the other significantly over the course of their adventure. The slight inconsistencies between BG1 and ToB actually add to that by making us doubt the reliability of the information we are given. Jim Cummings' voice and @artastrophe 's amazing portrait surely help as well.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Isewein wrote: »
    I love Gorion because there is so much nuance to his character (or rather to his role in Charnames backstory onto which we can project his character ). I imagine many of my Charnames changing their mind about Gorion one way or the other significantly over the course of their adventure. The slight inconsistencies between BG1 and ToB actually add to that by making us doubt the reliability of the information we are given. Jim Cummings' voice and @artastrophe 's amazing portrait surely help as well.

Which inconsistencies are you referring to? The Gorion that shows up in ToB was a doppelganger (sort of) I believe - an illusion.
    monico
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited November 2019
    Maurvir wrote: »
    Isewein wrote: »

Which inconsistencies are you referring to? The Gorion that shows up in ToB was a doppelganger (sort of) I believe - an illusion.

Same here, I don't quite follow.

From what I understood, Gorion is a pretty straightforward character:
    Yes, Gorion was more than just a foster father, but such a powerful mage was obviously more than just a kind old man taking care of an orphan he chanced upon.

It is soon revealed that he's a Harper, which basically means some kind of spy, the revelations in ToB about how he was part of the attack on Bhaal's temple (the one in SoD apparently) does not contradict any prior revelation. On the contrary and IIRC, his memory in the pocket plane tells how reluctant he was on how the whole attack happened, how he tried to convince the PC's mother (with whom he was having an affair apparently) to turn away from the madness of the ritual, and how he was sad to have to strike her down when she wouldn't hear reason.

So, yes he killed the PC's mother, but he actually did it to save the PC's life. And I don't see any inconsistencies between the story told in BG1 and the details revealed in ToB ?

EDIT: I re-read the scroll Gorion left you in his room in Chapter 6.

Indeed, he states that he was a friend and occasional lover of the PC's mother, who died in childbirth.
    I haven't checked the revelations from Gorion's memory and the PC's mother from the pocket plane challenges in ToB, but it seems indeed that the version Gorion wrote in his scroll is, at least in part, a lie.
    Isewein
    edited November 2019
    On finishing the whole trilogy and looking back, I think the scroll in his room is a lie, probably because knowing the truth that your dad was an evil god and your mum was an evil priestess might tip you over to the dark side if you weren’t there already
    I like Silke. True, I do kill her every time I meet her but I still like her.

I too like Silke. She hired me to do a job. I did it and she paid me. That's all I really ask. Work doesn't have anything to do with morality to me. That and she's so dern perky!

Could I introduce you to some of my work colleagues? I fear they may attack me at any moment