Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited November 2019
    @CharlestonianTemplar Just wondering if there is a reason for the name Dispenser. Is it because he disposes of people, or is it something to do with the Despensers in the reign of Edward II or something else entirely such as dispensing justice?
    StummvonBordwehrStromaelCharlestonianTemplar
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    In french a "dispensaire" is an :
    "Establishment where consultations and medical care are provided free of charge."
    StummvonBordwehrCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
    In french a "dispensaire" is an :
    "Establishment where consultations and medical care are provided free of charge."

True, but nothing to do with the name of Charleston's character I believe. :D
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2019
    Since he started to share the adventures of Dispenser I always had this in mind because "Dispensaires" were mostly runned by the church :D
    CharlestonianTemplarWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • [quote/] I'm glad that you clarified that one as another Despenser, Hugh Despenser has been described as "The greatest villain in the 14th century [/quote]

Yeah, Hugh Dispenser was a bad man. Ended up executed.
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, Hugh Dispenser was a bad man. Ended up executed.
    Not all those executed in that era were bad though. Some of my heroes were executed.
    Just supporting the loser in the battle for the crown was enough to lose your head.
    Similarly supporting a religious group out of favour with the current king/queen was dangerous.
    Thomas Becket, John Wycliffe, Thomas Cranmer, Hugh Latimer, and Nicholas Ridley were all good men who just happened to be unpopular with the current monarch for opposing what they deemed to be wrong.
    Having high principles is often costly, even today.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    CrevsDaakAerakarStummvonBordwehr
  • @Wise_Grimwald Henry II did not even order Becket's assassination - some of his knights just did it - they thought they were doing what the king wanted. Oh well, tough luck, Arch Bishop. :smile:
    StummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Journal of Cyreta and the Cyricists

We were then given very useful help when we took on a dragon. A real one on this occasion!! We so pleased to come out of the battle alive!

Where is this dragon located? I don't think I am familiar w/ a dragon in BG1, am I?
    edited November 2019
    Where is this dragon located? I don't think I am familiar w/ a dragon in BG1, am I?

It is part of a mod "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" I think. In a cave to the South East of Nashkel (Near where you find Samuel)
    CharlestonianTemplarStummvonBordwehr
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Stromael wrote: »
    Yeah! SCS is the bee's knees. :D

Commiserations on Andreas. Honestly, considering that's a bug introduced in the EEs, I'd have been OK with a reload.

Thank you.
    But I would have remained with the feeling that maybe I would have been stuck anyway, and done things differently after a reload. It would have felt wrong.
    Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
    When they get stuck like that, I wouldn't have any problems using ctrl J.
    Having said that sqishy Npcs of mine have died due to that bug in my current game and I've lived with it.
    I only survived because Charname was my tank.
    ArviaCrevsDaakCharlestonianTemplar
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    When they get stuck like that, I wouldn't have any problems using ctrl J.
    Having said that sqishy Npcs of mine have died due to that bug in my current game and I've lived with it.
    I only survived because Charname was my tank.

I have never used the console before. I guess it's time to get used to it, because I'm starting to use more mods, so it's more likely that I'm going to encounter more bugs, too...
    CharlestonianTemplar