Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition 1.79 patch released

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
The new patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on PC (1.79) is finally here! Thanks to our amazing community for your patience.

Check out the list of improvements, including bug fixes, 64bit support, achievements, keyholing, toolset updates & more!

Patch Notes
Kamigoroshibob_vengStummvonBordwehrhook71DerpCitygugulug5000JFKAron1130210dunahan

Comments

• thedrumdrthedrumdr Member Posts: 1
    Just uploaded the new patch. Now my cursor is off-center when mouse clicking. Also, hover text on the mini map no longer shows up. How would I go about uninstalling just the patch?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The game now defaults to windowed mode (instead of exclusive fullscreen) on new installs. A debug UI for advanced users to showcase experimental new features and UI scenes has been implemented (Ctrl+Shift+F12 to access). The debug UI offers access to the full new configuration system.

Try also Alt-Enter.
    dunahan
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    This looks wonderful! So ready to try achievements! This makes me want to do the whole game all over again!

Thank you so much Beamdog! You just saved my christmas!
    JuliusBorisov
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited December 2019
    No True Type Font support as stated over a year ago. That's the number one feature that was going to allow me to play this game more often with my vision troubles. I hope that comes sooner rather than later (already much later than expected).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited December 2019
    We wanted to work longer on the stable build. We're still working on all those features, the renderer and the TTF support. We had to release a stable patch today because of the console release. Not ideal, but no other options. Still, the patch already brings so many long-awaited features, eg. achievements and keyholing. And the 64bit support is a big deal.
    JFKArondunahan
  • Hmm, seeing some problems in the menu, not sure if something is wrong with my files or not.

75ggz2d5oe9m.png
    Enable Sharpen. What platform is that? @HalfCelestial
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    When I click on NWSync in the menu, it brings us a black box, which I can't close.2bzk5qjqb8o9.png

Resized screenshot form 4k.
    This is a known issue. The workaround is to keep debug UI open while Config UI is open.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Match451 wrote: »
    When I click on NWSync in the menu, it brings us a black box, which I can't close.2bzk5qjqb8o9.png

Resized screenshot form 4k.

Lol, nice you have 5 instances of T2 in your quick bar at the bottom of your screen. xD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited December 2019
    Enable Sharpen. What platform is that? @HalfCelestial

Steam, on Windows. I forgot I had installed CEP, but even before replacing the modified files with my backups and then verifying the integrity of the files and downloading them again, I still don't see that option at all.
    Match451 wrote: »
    When I click on NWSync in the menu, it brings us a black box, which I can't close.

Ditto.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    graphic glitches with premium modules "movies" with the in-game engine, an upper row from older screens stays
    there is a discrepancy between where the pointer hand and the mouse actually is
    opening "nwsync" creates a window that doesn't go away in any way
    The description for "infinite dungeon" is missing
    loading previous saves leads to a crash

No unlocking of spellbooks & metamagic, no unlocking of premium modules after a year. But 64 bit. And movement after a year. So I'll keep the complaints to a minimum.
    Please report those at the service desk. We're aware about the few of these, but an additional report never harms.

here is a discrepancy between where the pointer hand and the mouse actually is - Alt Enter to go Fullscreen. It's because it's windowed when you first have the pointer and the mouse

nwsync - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1107930#Comment_1107930
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited December 2019
    A couple other glitches.
    Anti-Aliasing setting in game is not working, (with AMD Video).. I have to override game settings in the AMD control panel to restore this function, (and game really looks terrible without.)

RDD are not getting their extra skill point with their level 10 INT increase. This also causes exsisting characters with 10 levels of RDD to fail character verification.

Edit: Also, with RDD Stats, the RDD Stat increases no longer qualify for Feat prerequisites. I think this is actually a good thing, (Dev Crit at Lvl 24 was pretty broken,), but it will no doubt be a controversial change, since it will invalidate pretty much all epic RDD builds.

Post edited by rashkae on
    DerpCityJuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2019
    Greetings all. Long time, no post. I'm currently on break at my job. Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the hard work everyone @Beamdog has been doing over the course of the holidays. Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving, and an even happier BLACK FRIDAAAAAAAAAAY! I'm looking forward to downloading the latest patch as soon as I get access to my PC. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming (and holidays) to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    StummvonBordwehrTarotRedhandJuliusBorisovAedan
  • Enable Sharpen. What platform is that? @HalfCelestial

I was hoping it would get resolved after a new, clean installation through Steam, but it's invisible still.
    Make sure you indeed made a clean installation. The workshop content is in steam - steamapps - workshop - content - 704450

Also, check out the override folder in Documents/Neverwinter Nights.
  • Latest update disabled NWN EE from my computer. I can't run it anymore.

I play on windows 8, Steam.
    Simply the "Play" button on Steam went gray and I couldn't push it.

I uninstalled it and tried to re-instal but now steam wont let me re-upload it because... Its not for my version of windows anymore?
    I greatly disapprove of this change.
    Latest update disabled NWN EE from my computer. I can't run it anymore.

I uninstalled it and tried to re-instal but now steam wont let me re-upload it because... Its not for my version of windows anymore?

Please follow the tips from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77630/game-wont-launch-in-1-79#latest
  • Latest update disabled NWN EE from my computer. I can't run it anymore.

Please follow the tips from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77630/game-wont-launch-in-1-79#latest

I did all adviced in that link but it did not improve my situation. Steam simply will not give me the option to install NWN now.
  • I downloaded Beamdog Client and it also will not run the game. Mentions "Exit code:1".
    nwtoolset.exe works fine though.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    To me that sounds like you have a 32 bit operating system. With this latest patch NwN is now a 64 bit program. That would explain why you can no longer download it from steam because (if you are on 32 bit OS) your specs no longer match those necessary.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • To me that sounds like you have a 32 bit operating system. With this latest patch NwN is now a 64 bit program. That would explain why you can no longer download it from steam because (if you are on 32 bit OS) your specs no longer match those necessary.

TR

In that case it would make sense to have the 32 bit version available for download for those of us who get screwed over by steam auto update.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I played NWN:EE last night for a while. Got the first achievement, that worked super. But one thing that is annoying. Every time i start the game, i always start in Window mode, then i press ctrl+enter to get full screen, but when i load the game, then it switch back to window mode again?

I wish there was a way for me to make the game remember that I always want full screen mode?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Please report those at the service desk. We're aware about the few of these, but an additional report never harms.

here is a discrepancy between where the pointer hand and the mouse actually is - Alt Enter to go Fullscreen. It's because it's windowed when you first have the pointer and the mouse

nwsync - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1107930#Comment_1107930

Where is the service desk?
    Aron
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Dark_Ansem See this thread.
    @Aron When you've got the opening menu after launching the game (image of beholder, etc. in background), you should see a new menu across the top of the window. Click on Config. Scroll down until you see graphics.window. To the right of Window mode there will be a box with a shield icon in it. Clicking in there should open a menu. Select Exclusive. Scroll all the way back to the top of the config window and click on the Commit button and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

TR
    AronDark_Ansem
    Aron wrote: »
    I played NWN:EE last night for a while. Got the first achievement, that worked super. But one thing that is annoying. Every time i start the game, i always start in Window mode, then i press ctrl+enter to get full screen, but when i load the game, then it switch back to window mode again?

I wish there was a way for me to make the game remember that I always want full screen mode?

For now, use Alt-Enter each time. We're aware of that situation, thanks.
    To me that sounds like you have a 32 bit operating system. With this latest patch NwN is now a 64 bit program. That would explain why you can no longer download it from steam because (if you are on 32 bit OS) your specs no longer match those necessary.

TR

In that case it would make sense to have the 32 bit version available for download for those of us who get screwed over by steam auto update.

Right-click the game in Library on Steam - Properties - Beta Channels. Pick "old stable" - and you will be able to run the previous 32bit build.
    Aron
  • Aron wrote: »

For now, use Alt-Enter each time. We're aware of that situation, thanks.

TR

Right-click the game in Library on Steam - Properties - Beta Channels. Pick "old stable" - and you will be able to run the previous 32bit build.

As I explained in my previous posts, after I uninstalled the game, the Steam client will not let me re-install it, likely because my system no longer supports it.
  • NorfildurNorfildur Member Posts: 7
    When in the Aurora Editor, if you edit a conversation the option for using a script to decide if a string shall appear or not and what action take are empty and greyed out, even if in game the associated scripts work. Also, some items disappeared from the merchant stores and had to be manually added again.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Update to the hotfix patch. Beamdog released it today.