Skip to content

[MOD] EEex (v0.10.2-alpha)

Comments

• seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    Good guess but sadly, no I don't have a spwi408b anywhere. That would have been much easier =(

And thanks for the link! I can see the eeex stuff now!
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    @Bubb
    It might be better to only apply a spell when all layers are lost if a spell is specified in the resource field of the stoneskin effect.
    The -B suffix is the existing default for other subspell casting effects in the unmodded game, so there is an expectation to avoid such filenames (along with -D, -F, and -P).
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    To clarify: Does EEex allow modders to add new base classes and races for player characters?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    @seraglio: I am at a loss, I can't reproduce the behavior, even with the files you have provided. Could you please upload your WeiDU.log so I can see everything you have installed? I think it's a larger conflict on some level...

An extremely helpful step you could take is seeing if you can reproduce the bug, starting from a clean installation, and working your way up until it starts manifesting. There's no obligation for you to do this, (it's a very time consuming process), but it'd help tremendously in squashing whatever this is.

@Endarire: EEex does not affect base classes / races. It might be possible in the future, and Lua workarounds might be possible currently, (extremely hacky, though I think K4thos has implemented something like this to emulate IWD2 subraces).
  • evzhyevzhy Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2019
    I hope to see the support of getting the known spells list some day.
    Looking forward to replace my infinite spells simple mod with modified Spell Menu and run EET again from the start. The most interesting and satisfying thing in full saga is collecting spells, which aren't taken away.
    edited December 2019
    @evzhy: Check out the latest minor version of the spell menu, (post here). Setting B3Spell_CheatMode to true should do what you want. :)

(You'll need to be using the latest version of EEex, found here, for the cheat mode to work)
  • evzhyevzhy Member Posts: 9
    @Bubb works great, thank you!
    This will be a fun EET run.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Bubb wrote: »
    Been working for the past day or two on a wonderful suggestion made by @raizo in my spell menu mod's thread:
    1. To be able to know what spells enemies are under, without combing through the dialog box. Something like a pop-up on mouse hover?
    Just imagine, 5 cowled enforcers start their contingencies all at once. Then you have to comb through the dialog box to know which spell is whose.

And here's the result, (only made to be proof-of-concept, mind you):

When the player presses LShift Spell-Inspection mode is enabled, which then pops up on hover all the named spells which have put effects on the creature.

Was this ever implemented by any chance?
  • Can I use it to change all dealt damage before it's applied, specifically decrease it by an amount stored in a local variable for the target?
  • Splendid, thanks!
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited December 2019
    Wow, this looks incredible. I've reinstalled this new version to try. However, the first time I tried it by enabling it from EEex_INI.lua and then pressing left shift key, it crashed to desktop. If you could tell me the files you need for debugging, I can attach them here
    ALIEN wrote: »
    This is such a wonderful feature! One of the most annoying onerousness is gone now.

I have nothing but praise for all the work you have done, thank you!

Thank you for your kind words. :)
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    Wow, this looks incredible. I've reinstall this new version to try. However, the first time I tried it by enabling it from EEex_INI.lua and then pressing left shift key, it crashed to desktop. If you could tell me the files you need for debugging, I can attach them here

Thought I had this pretty crash proof, owch. EEex.log, the crash .dmp that it generated, and your WeiDU.log would all be appreciated. (I'll look into them in the morning, I really shouldn't be awake right now, but coding called!)
    Sure, take your time. They're attached. I've zipped crash .dmp as it is a big file otherwise. Thanks for your work.
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    Extraordinary, thanks @Bubb.
    Works without problems.

If it is possible, please make the popup a little longer, to eliminate scrolling.
    Works perfectly now. And I love the new feature you added, the ability to customize the number of rows. Amazing!
  • Chevalier_NoirChevalier_Noir Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2019
    Hello Bubb,
    I just tested EEex with Bubb's Spell Menu and I cannot imagine playing baldur's gate without this functionnality. This is a real enhancement of the UI engine, absolutetly essential !

I also tried the new feature of the module B3_EfMen, but I noticed a little problem in the WORLD_MESSAGES. Currently I am using the Dragonspear UI mod from Pecca, you can see the difference before and after activation

Before
    x7yejqlrk8dk.png

After
    nzqzbkh943mw.png

Do you think there is a way to activate the module and keep the layout of the Dragonspear UI ?

Thanks a lot !

@Chevalier_Noir: Glad you're enjoying both the spell menu and EEex. :)

Could you please upload your WeiDU.log and EEex.log, (after exiting the game once the bug has manifested, so it logs any errors)? I can't reproduce it on my end, but hopefully one of the logs sheds some light on the situation.
    Here they are :)
    edited December 2019
    Good news, the issue is not in EEex but in my UI.menu file.
    As I used the Dragonspear UI mod with some little modification I never saw that the menu 'WORLD_MESSAGES' was twice in UI.menu with two different configuration.
    Surprisingly, the second one was never activated but only when the module B3_EfMen was on.
    Glad you found it, I wouldn't have been able to track that down. Have fun, and don't hesitate to report any other bugs should they appear! :)

As an aside, having duplicate menu names in UI.MENU is a bit risky. I'm pretty sure the algorithm that the UI uses internally to find the menu, (binary search), can randomly find either of the duplicate menus based on the total amount of menus defined. Since B3_EfMen defines a new menu, it might have been enough to shift the search into finding the nonfunctional duplicate menu - that's my theory, anyway.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2020
    Bubb wrote: »
    Would an externalized Invoke Lua implementation be fine? It's a little awkward to set up spell-wise, (there ends up being 3 levels of indirection :|):
    1. Spell does Opcode #177 (Use EFF File).
    2. EFF calls Invoke Lua with an EEex-provided function, (or your own if you want to supplant the default behavior).
    3. Resource2 would hold the actual spell file to fire - other arguments could be passed via remaining EFF v2.0 params.

It's possible to make a dedicated opcode that does all of this, but it seems a bit silly to hardcode the probability portion, which I'm just going to write in Lua anyway. Also, if I implement it as the above, the only new additions to EEex would be a few additional internal-function externalizations.

And, as a side note, Opcode #252 has some funky hardcodedness going on - it's easier to reimplement its functionality than to try to adapt it.

Hi @Bubb (and happy new year!)

I was getting a hankering to tinker with new skill functionality. Was the above ever implemented? Just to remind you, the idea was to have a way to tie abilities to custom stats so we could make success based on the value of that stat (i.e. in order to create new thief skills)

Thinking about it, I could probably do it using 326, but each implementation would require ~100 effects (would that slow down gameplay?)

Edit: *looking up* lol, also, you're going to inspire me to get more into ai modding, aren't you? :smiley:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.