Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Vasculio wrote: »
    Can you tell us if they are adding more content in this patch that hasn't been talked about yet?

definitely not (and that's good in the current state of affairs).
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited November 2019
    There is no new "content" expected as far as new story/classes/characters goes.
    However, the entire scope of fixes + additional localization is not yet fully fixed I believe (@JuliusBorisov to confirm)
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2019
    So, with the new Lightning and Renderer now avaible on Console Build what is ETA to getting such into the PC-build of the game?

Focus especialy on the shine-metalic gleam of chainmail armor
  • KlingeKlinge Member Posts: 31
    Hallo can you pls add all finished localizations from the volunteer localization teams in SoD? I mean it would be crap to wait 3+ years for a 2.6 patch with fixes although some localizations are already finished. In other words there is no need to wait an undefined time for a patch with e. g. gameplay fixes if you can seperately implement the localizations in the meantime.
    Timbo0o0o0
  • SirLautrecSirLautrec Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2019
    When do you plan on catching NwN:EE on the iOS back up to the PC port? I play both and having my friends, and literally the entire player base split in half across modules online is really frustrating.
    Klinge wrote: »
    Hallo can you pls add all finished localizations from the volunteer localization teams in SoD? I mean it would be crap to wait 3+ years for a 2.6 patch with fixes although some localizations are already finished. In other words there is no need to wait an undefined time for a patch with e. g. gameplay fixes if you can seperately implement the localizations in the meantime.

so not going to happen ... :|
    Timbo0o0o0
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2019
    Klinge wrote: »

@BelegCuthalion Is it possible to just ask questions since this is the "Ask Beamdog" thread? I don't want to see this thread get derailed for a whole page and a half again. Please. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Hi!
    What is the planned order for the upcoming releases?
    /J

@BelegCuthalion Is it possible to just ask questions since this is the "Ask Beamdog" thread

yes, we can do that ...

but as the answer is so obvious and there was none yet, I thought I could do that ...
    how likely would it be that there is an interim release before 2.6 on all platforms and variants, pulling away resources from the 2.6 patch itself, just to push some dialog files, when the release process itself has always been a major pain for any previous patch? why would beamdog want to do that and make things even more complicated?
    Anyone who would say it's above 0.0 would have to make some very good points ...

derailing things would be if we replied to an actual answer by beamdog to the question, discussing if we like the answer or not etc.
    Prince_Raymond
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    MrSexton wrote: »
    Hi!
    /J
    Backwards
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Staran wrote: »
    Hi!
    /J
    Backwards

Could you be a bit more specific please?
    /J
    Hi!
    /J
    Backwards

Could you be a bit more specific please?
    /J

Sure. But since you were not specific in your question I am going to basically spit vile for the next few paragraphs about neverwinter release.
    Beamdog “planned” order for upcoming releases will be backwards. The planned order will be considered backwards from a few different standpoints
    1) individual opinion. It will be backwards to what you want
    2) release management. They will release the same product backwards from its initial release. Example, console will be released before android even though android version was announced years ago and convole was 6 months ago. iOS was announced two years ago and it will be released before android version.
    3) project management: the purpose of this exercise was to consolidate the versions of all the platforms but it probably won’t happen this release or anytime soon. One would think consolidating the versions would be more important. Steam and Beamdog and console versions for example do not have the same modules

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited December 2019
    Edit: forgot I was in Ask Beamdog and realized we've already had trouble with this becoming Criticize Beamdog, Answer for Beamdog, etc., and my post would've perpetuated problems.
    Skatan
    Yeah . It was a bit overboard. It sounded better in my head.
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 107
    Not sure where the best place to ask this is, but I'll give this thread a shot as it semi-sticks to the 2.6 patch...

The official word is still that 2.6 is planned for release (don't worry, this isn't a when question!). The main modder/developer I recognize from lurking here and keeping up with BG for a million years is CamDawg. As far as I can tell, he hasn't been active since July - is he still on the development team? I won't pry into anything personal, but I am curious what his lack of activity means for the future of the Infinity Engine. Is the Infinity Engine at the end of its life as far as updates are concerned after 2.6 is released?
    Ludwig_IIThacoBell
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited December 2019
    A few questions from me, will appreciate any clarifications:

1) Is v2.6 for the Infinity Engine games going to be the final patch? Is that why all fixes are trying to be combined inside, instead of releasing one version first and then porting the remaining fixes from console versions later?

2) Is PST:EE going to receive some updates as well, and will it have fixes for some of the PST:EE specific bugs it has now (I'm especially curious about the bug that resets any container content when you enter the Modron Maze)? If yes, will it receive the update around the same time as other IE games, or later?

Edit: Sorry, just realised modestvolta already asked something similar to the 1st question I asked, so any reply to his question will probably cover my question too
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    The 2.6 patch hasn't been dropped.

will console version have corrections before pc and mobile versions?
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @JuliusBorisov I think that question all IE fans have is very simple and you know it and it have in it "2.6" and "when". :P Happy New Year to everybody! :D
    Timbo0o0o0VasculioSorrowSeer
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Right there with you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • SinaSinSinaSin Member Posts: 5
    Is there any hope for Neverwinter ios to be released soon? Are the console versions not using the new 64bit renderer?
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    It's early 2020. Any date for Beamdog Tyrants of Moomsea?
    LiamChgo
    SinaSin wrote: »
    Is there any hope for Neverwinter ios to be released soon? Are the console versions not using the new 64bit renderer?
    Everyone is using the 64bit renderer.
    If anyone still cares, the iOS version had a big problem (no specifics and you won’t get it).
    They are still working on it; but at this point it no longer matters
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Any chance someday you could release an installer of Baldur's gate EE (including SOA and ToB)

- without the additional npcs
    - containing an Ui identical to the original
    - without the new kits

?

If that happened, I would be very much interested into a collector's edition, so I could gift a pair to friends.

I mean, all the EE content (including SoD) could be installed if you check the box while installing the game. Otherwise, identical experience to original baldur's gate.

I would also appreciate a way to change the resolution, if possible, to match the original experience (1024x768) on my monitor.

That would be impossible due to copyrights / legal issues.

The iOS version is still being developed. Additional challenges have been found.
    If anyone still cares, the iOS version had a big problem (no specifics and you won’t get it).

The Android version is still 32bit. Why the fact the iOS port is still being worked on does no longer matter?
    Trixter wrote: »
    It's early 2020. Any date for Beamdog Tyrants of Moomsea?

Beamdog's offices were/are closed from December 21st, 2019 until January 6th, 2020.

I'll keep pushing this issue, but the news about any update will be only available once it's all done.
    [Deleted User]Prince_Raymond
  • SinaSinSinaSin Member Posts: 5
    It matters to me! Thanks for the info!
    JuliusBorisov
    edited January 2020

The Android version is still 32bit. Why the fact the iOS port is still being worked on does no longer matter?.

If the iOS version
    -can’t play the 1000’s of modules on nwvault (from what you mentioned)
    -Cant use the toolset (which would be impossible),
    -Will only be able to use the premium modules when you can eventually get it on the platform (It seems to be a problem Synching a premium module release)
    -Play multi player (but the persistent worlds haven’t been populated )

I do not see the purpose of the iOS version. It looks like a conversion of a third of the pc version of neverwinter that took 3 times longer than the pc version.

I am not blaming anyone. I am just bewildered.
    _Luke_
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @JuliusBorisov Greetings sir. I was given a $100 gift card for Christmas, and I would like to put that towards the purchase of the Infinity Collection. Here's the catch-22: The total price for the IC is $104.93, so the transaction would automatically be declined because the purchase amount exceeds the amount of funds on the card. If I were to use another payment method like a credit or debit card to pay $4.93, I could then use my gift card to pay the remaining $100. I must use my credit or debit card before using the gift card in order to complete the transaction. Is this possible? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    How's the v2.6 patch coming along?