Skip to content

[mod] Yeslick BG2 - now also available for BG2EE

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Nope. The update was focused on missing ToB portion, EE compatibility and EET compatibility. Perhaps crossmod talks will come one day, but I would now focus a bit on my own projects rather than updating everything else :) But as I said, it doesn't mean it will never come.

Oh, but I included banters with EE NPCs for both SoA and ToB.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited August 2018

SHS is back. The mod should be available again.

I forgot to ask, does this mod require the most recently patched version of BG2:EE in order to play? (I still use a version from before SoD's release).

Hmm, I don't think there is anything that would require v. 2.0 or higher.
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    Great work! Now we only need some crossmod content. :(
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    I love you, LavaDelVortel !
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Speaking of cross-mods... There are several now, right? Would it be possible to combine them all at some point?
  • aeternuscaligoaeternuscaligo Member Posts: 4
    I just restarted a playthru of BG EET and it's great to have Yeslick through the whole run. Quick question -- is there a description of the Alaghor of Clangeddin kit somewhere? The readme mentions his kit is changed, but does not provide any details on what the kit does. On his character page in game, the kit description just says fighter / cleric and doesn't describe any of the special abilities. Thanks!
    The description:

ALAGHOR OF CLANGEDDIN: Also called the clerics of Clangeddin. Clangeddin Silverbeard is the dwarven god of battle, war, and bravery; his titles include the Father of Battle and the Lord of the Twin Axes. He delights in battle, although he does not tolerate treachery or deceit, and he expects his followers to do the same. He and his followers hate giants and have trained their fellow dwarves in special ways to fight them.

ADVANTAGES:

-At level 8 may cast Spiritual Axe once per day
    -At level 14 may cast Strength once per day. It works as the Wizard spell of the same name.
    -At level 16 may cast Axe Storm of Clangeddin which work as "Blade Barrier" cleric spell.

DISADVANTAGES:

- Only for dwarves
    - Only for Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good characters
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @LavaDelVortel ,a question : does Yeslick have banters with mod npcs?
    Nope. I only included ToB part so players could enjoy the character in both parts of BG2. Perhaps one day some crossmod banters will be included, but I don't have any specific plans on that front.
  • aeternuscaligoaeternuscaligo Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    @LavaDelVortel Perfect, thank you!

Looks like the earthquake isn't caused by the kit. After checking his equipment more carefully, it looks like Sundermaul +3 is the culprit. It was just a coincidence as I didn't have a warhammer user before I picked Yeslick up again.
    Hi @LavaDelVortel , is the download available on this link ( https://github.com/liamesler/yeslick ) the one compatible with EE?

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

I just restarted a playthru of BG EET and it's great to have Yeslick through the whole run. Quick question -- is there a description of the Alaghor of Clangeddin kit somewhere? The readme mentions his kit is changed, but does not provide any details on what the kit does. On his character page in game, the kit description just says fighter / cleric and doesn't describe any of the special abilities. Thanks!

You can also play this fantastic mod giving DoF's version of the Alaghar of Clangeddin to Yeslick.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Would love to download this but it looks like the website is down or my browser can’t access it :(
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @LavaDelVortel as noted above, getting an error from the download link on first page.
    edited January 2019
    Because SHS is down but I really can't do anything about it. As I said, I am not the main author, but someone who updated the mod. I am not going to use alternative download, because it would be unfair to distribute it without original author's permission. I poked people responsible for server and let's hope SHS will get back soon.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    This is now working and the stalwart fella has joined me in Trademeet. Thank you so much for this. It is the first mod I have used since playing ascension on the original version many years ago. Yeslick was probably my favourite companion (with Imoen) in the original BG and I was unhappy (though understanding) that he was not available in the sequel. In my headcannon, we would have stuck together following the events of BG. I can finally play BG2 with the two characters I saw my first PC as most closely bonded some 18 years later. Bravo!
    Arthas wrote: »
    So... am I the only one that would love some crossmod content? I may be greedy, but I would love to play Yeslick starting from BG1 with the same party in bg2. This mean
    Ajantis (by Jastey),
    Kivan (by domi),
    Coran, Branwen and xan by Kulyok

Totally agree!
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Any chance for a eet version?saw roxanne releasing one but I would like for official stuff if possible
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    The promote for this by @JuliusBorisov is well deserved. Thank you for your hard work, @Gwendolyne !
    @LavaDelVortel , could you share with us if BG2 Yeslick has banters and interjections throughout SoA and ToB?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yes, there are banters. He has everything any other NPC have (dialogue-wise). What he doesn't have are a romance path and a seperate quest. He is more like a quiet fatherly figure.

@Gwendolyne - thanks for working on this and keeping me in there, during the process of updating. Cheers!
    Thank you!
    It's time for me to give it a try, then, for those who might be interested I made a slight modification on yeslick's portrait to make it look more BG2ish.

8oqom56npue9.bmp

I dimmed the color contrast and added some different armor and a pair of hands in prayer, hope you like it.
    Thank you for letting us know @DJKajuru ! :)
    There is also this version here:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1254-baldurs-gate-1-2-color-balanced-portraits/
    Hey guys, I've just finished SoA with Yeslick and here's my review:

Portrait and voice: C+
    C+ 'cause it's nothing really new here. However, even though the voice is BG1's original the author was clever by adding some of Yeslick's lines in sounds that only BG2 npcs have, such as weapon unusable. It is also hilarious when Yeslick says "I shouldn't have got outta bed this morning" on a critical miss. It's also the original BG1 portrait by Mike Sass, and if you're interested both Lava and I made some extra recommendations in the comments above.

Implementation: B-
    B- because it's similar to other BG1 npcs mods for SoA, they kind of come "looking for you" since you've been kidnapped. It also provides some dialogues regarding what Yeslick has been doing in the last few months and your dialogue choices may reflect on how you feel about him. It's well implemented.

Personality- A+
    Yeslick is charming and eager to aid you and offer his wisdom no matter what. At some point he's very alike Keldorn (mature lawful good warrior), but he's definitely funnier and well, "dwarvish". His banters , interjections and dialogues with PC and NPCs as pretty much the same as the original BG2 companions, and as a lawful good character he has strong opinions about evil characters and dishonest behaviour. It's an A+ because hisBG2 mod is very well written and immersive without overshadowing others.

Power: B+
    I've only tested his unkitted fighter/cleric version. I don't think I need to say much in this matter except that he can tank, deal weapon damage, cast divine spells and use excellent magic items. I didn't need to micromanage him much except for strategic shields and helmets here and there. At the end of SoA he was a powerhouse.

ToB:Afaik as I know he has a ToB part, but when I started it I noticed that he did not react to Sarevok's joining the party so it was a red flag for me regarding immersion and all the fun I've had with his SoA version.

Conclusion: Apart from ToB's part which I havent tried, Yeslick's mod is a very well written mod of a very lovable character who reacts to in game events and has interesting banters with other companions, I absolutely recommend it.