Skip to content

NWN Toolset: Enhanced Edition. Try the new updates and share your feedback

Comments

• virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    @ShadowM I haven’t heard of this. Can you post a link to the report?
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    @virusman
    I posted about way earlier in the thread around the Dec., near where we talking about the tile-set error that got fixed. I cannot find my conformation report e-mail on it sorry. I will re-submit, but it a easy to check on. Put item down and use z translation on it with placable for height comparison and then go
    in-game and check the item.

Z translation are exactly off by .1 higher for items in-game vs toolset
    @ShadowM Oh, I see.. Does the same happen when you set the translation value with a script?
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    virusman wrote: »
    @ShadowM Oh, I see.. Does the same happen when you set the translation value with a script?

@virusman
    Did a quick test, and yes it does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2020
    virusman wrote: »
    @Pstemarie @DokhtorVee I can't reproduce this. The spheres render just fine for me. What's your computer/OS configuration?

@Virusman

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-GS6KNFL
    System Manufacturer HP
    System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0xxx
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU 3LA91AA#ABA
    Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date AMI F.40, 10/31/2019
    SMBIOS Version 3.2
    Embedded Controller Version 10.25
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
    BaseBoard Product 8433
    BaseBoard Version 11
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State On
    PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
    Windows Directory C:\windows
    System Directory C:\windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"
    User Name DESKTOP-GS6KNFL\pstem
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 5.91 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.97 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 10.4 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.72 GB
    Page File Space 4.48 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I have a discreet GPU installed too:

Name Radeon RX550/550 Series
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_8424103C&REV_C7\4&3837DC19&0&0009
    Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x699F), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
    Adapter Description Radeon RX550/550 Series
    Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes
    Installed Drivers C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\aticfx64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\aticfx64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\aticfx64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\amdxc64.dll
    Driver Version 26.20.15019.1003
    INF File oem57.inf (ati2mtag_Polaris12DS section)
    Color Planes Not Available
    Color Table Entries 4294967296
    Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 59 hertz
    Bits/Pixel 32
    Memory Address 0xE0000000-0xEFFFFFFF
    Memory Address 0xF0000000-0xF01FFFFF
    I/O Port 0x0000FF00-0x0000FFFF
    Memory Address 0xFE900000-0xFE93FFFF
    IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967271
    Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\C0351505.INF_AMD64_5938A70929A31401\B351435\ATIKMPAG.SYS (26.20.15019.1003, 576.63 KB (590,464 bytes), 2/6/2020 11:54 AM)

Name AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
    PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15DD&SUBSYS_8433103C&REV_C8\4&98C7E10&0&0041
    Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15DD), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
    Adapter Description AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
    Adapter RAM (2,147,483,648) bytes
    Installed Drivers C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\aticfx64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\aticfx64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\aticfx64.dll,C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0351505.inf_amd64_5938a70929a31401\B351435\amdxc64.dll
    Driver Version 26.20.15019.1003
    INF File oem57.inf (ati2mtag_RavenAM4DS section)
    Color Planes Not Available
    Color Table Entries Not Available
    Resolution Not Available
    Bits/Pixel Not Available
    Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xD01FFFFF
    Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xD01FFFFF
    I/O Port 0x0000CF00-0x0000CFFF
    Memory Address 0xFE400000-0xFE47FFFF
    IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967275
    IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967274
    IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967273
    Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\C0351505.INF_AMD64_5938A70929A31401\B351435\ATIKMPAG.SYS (26.20.15019.1003, 576.63 KB (590,464 bytes), 2/6/2020 11:54 AM)
  • DokhtorVeeDokhtorVee Member Posts: 4
    @virusman

I'm happy to confirm that the issue is resolved with the .7 dev patch.

However, just for any future reference I am running:

Windows 10 Home
    64-bit
    version 1909

Thanks for reaching out regarding the bug.
    shadguy
  • DokhtorVee wrote: »
    @virusman

I'm happy to confirm that the issue is resolved with the .7 dev patch.

However, just for any future reference I am running:

Windows 10 Home
    64-bit
    version 1909

Thanks for reaching out regarding the bug.

Same here.
    shadguy
  • castagnopoliscastagnopolis Member Posts: 6
    A Mac OSX version would be nice.

Back when the game was released I used to play a lot and build modules to play with friends, times are different now and I use a mac computer for professional reasons.

I miss the toolset and would be nice to see some mac oriented tool to extract and edit HAK and other files.

Still, thanks for the game!
    Greetings :)
    edited April 2020
    That crash error where you delete an area that has the Starting Location in it is back. Forces you to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to terminate the process which then corrupts the module.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited April 2020
    I just noticed an oddity with the toolset. Was playing around with some of Lisa's outfits and I saw something odd in the window with the whole body view. I dismissed it as something that had been added for viewing the costume as it was being edited. When I had done creating the costume I gave it to an NPC and placed the creature in the test area. And this oddity was still there. All the metallic weapons were semi-transparent. That is while you can see the shape of the weapon you can also see through the weapon as though looking through lightly frosted glass. So I tested it in-game and the weapons are solid. So I have a couple of questions.

1. Is anyone else seeing this and
    2. Is this intentional?

Thanks

TR
    Old_Gith
    @castagnopolis The toolset more or less works with the OSX version of wine. I have been helping someone using just that and while certain features in certain tilesets seem to give it problems it otherwise seems to work.

TR
    edited April 2020

TR

Good catch, I'm seeing it too. Like you, weapons are fine in game.

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Yes, I have seen it for some time (maybe a year?) but it's only during the actual appearance view in the creature preview window. I though it was just me. In some cases the armor is completely transparent.
    A really small annoyance now. When you go to edit/edit copy clothing (probably armour as well) that is designated as being female attire it still defaults to being male. In some cases this means that all you see before you correct it are the head and hands.

TR
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    I've an old worldbuilder guide from the Versus Books guidebook publishers, is this book still relevant to how the Toolset works or has it changed beyond the book now?
    edited April 2020
    Just grab yourself a copy of "The Guide to Building Volume I – The Aurora Toolset Manual". Your book may well be relevant but not be so thorough in it's coverage. If you need advice on designing a module grab "The Guide To Building Volume II - The Design Manual". If on the other hand you have not built a module before you might like to try "Ancient Bioware PDF Tutorials" (which includes the one that takes you through creating a very simple module). I wrote a small number of illustrated blog posts to accompany that latter tutorial that hopefully add to the information in that tutorial. The first post is here if you would like to take a look. If you decide you like what you see just let me know and I'll post you links to the rest of them.

[edit]

What is it with these forums and valid addresses!!!

TR
    edited April 2020
    I just noticed an oddity with the toolset. Was playing around with some of Lisa's outfits and I saw something odd in the window with the whole body view. I dismissed it as something that had been added for viewing the costume as it was being edited. When I had done creating the costume I gave it to an NPC and placed the creature in the test area. And this oddity was still there. All the metallic weapons were semi-transparent. That is while you can see the shape of the weapon you can also see through the weapon as though looking through lightly frosted glass. So I tested it in-game and the weapons are solid. So I have a couple of questions.

2. Is this intentional?

Thanks

TR
    Yes, metallic objects are rendered as semi-transparent in Toolset. That's a known old bug but nobody seems to be able to figure out why it's happening. It's minor enough though to spend significant time on it.
    Pstemarie wrote: »
    That crash error where you delete an area that has the Starting Location in it is back. Forces you to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to terminate the process which then corrupts the module.
    I can't reproduce this: deleting an area and placing the starting location elsewhere works. Can you prepare a test module and specific steps to reproduce?
    A really small annoyance now. When you go to edit/edit copy clothing (probably armour as well) that is designated as being female attire it still defaults to being male. In some cases this means that all you see before you correct it are the head and hands.

TR
    As far as I know, the designation is never stored anywhere, the switch is not a property of the item, it is there just to control the preview window.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2020
    @Virusman - I'd be glad to, but the issue is fixed again in 8193.10. If It pops back up again, I'll be sure to include a text module with the report.

As for reproducing in 8193.9:

1. Create a new module.
    2. Create two areas.
    3. Open the area WITHOUT the StartingLocation.
    4. While the area from Step 3 is still open, delete the area WITH the StartingLocation - at this point my Toolset was crashing.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Mully732Mully732 Member Posts: 4
    1. Where can I download the out of band toolset. I cannot find the link to download on the original post.
    2. I found a copy on moddb site but when I try and open it says error with dialog.tlk.

I would prefer to get the legit out of ban copy.
    edited April 2020
    @Mully732 All these changes got integrated into patches. Update to the latest version, and all the new features will be there. The out of band updates were only for 8186. They’re completely superseded by later game patches now.
    JuliusBorisov
    My toolset version says vts79 and game version v1.80 are those the newest
    Yes.
    JuliusBorisov
    Did the Ctrl + mouse wheel functionality that was advertised not get implemented. I can't scale playable up and down in size.
    The placeable has to be non-static for this to work.
  • EvilkissEvilkiss Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 96
    Hi guys!

Can you help me with NWtoolset. I have GOG-version of game. In game directory \Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition\bin\win32 I have nwtoolset and it's open normally. I was trying to open premium module "Wyvern Crown of Cormyr" and others too with original nwtoolset which came when I installed game via GOG and after below warning:

lf7ljetrkd3h.jpg

It's open module, but with empty conversation tree, like this:

gv049rpwgqxe.jpg

I have tried to download from this thread both nwtoolsets from below urls and unzipped them to same location there original nwtoolset is, like to \Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition\bin\win32:

Neverwinter Nights Toolset 1.5.0.2 (8186 & 8191)
    Stable: https://nwn.beamdog.net/downloads/nwtoolset-8186-1.5.0.2.zip
    Dev: https://nwn.beamdog.net/downloads/nwtoolset-8191-1.5.0.2.zip

But after that I got error "Error: could not open dialog.tlk and after I press OK, I got "Abnormal program termination" and nwtoolset doesn't open.

So my issue is, is this nwtoolset 1.5.0.2 showing a conversation tree, when you open module "Wyvern Crown of Cormyr" or others, if yes, when how I can solve my problem?

P.S. I was tried to disable Windows defender and Avast Antivirus before opening new nwtoolset, it's doesn't help - same error. Only module "Darkness over Daggerford" showing conversation tree. Why so?

• Those downloads, iirc, are depreciated. Use the toolset that is packaged with 8193.9 Stable or 8193.10 Dev. The HAK warning is a standard warning displayed whenever you open a module that has HAKs attached - its nothing to worry about.

AFAIK, to open the premium modules, you need to copy the files for it to your /documents folder - module in /modules (change extension to .mod), HAKs to /hak folder, and TLK to /tlk folder (if the module has one).

If you have NWN Explorer, you can also open the module with that and view/extract the files you are interested in.
    TarotRedhandJuliusBorisov
  • MelozMeloz Member Posts: 12
    Please add information about the BaseTypeID to the item properties window.
    xc9hw9kambr0.png
  • Meloz wrote: »
    Please add information about the BaseTypeID to the item properties window.
    xc9hw9kambr0.png

You already have that information - its in the box in the lower left labeled "Base Type Name," beneath the box labeled "Item Name." The name can be cross-referenced to the "Label" column in baseitems.2da.
    JFK
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    edited April 2020
    While viewing the item properties of stacked items like gems or arrows, if you use the up/down arrow buttons in the stack field, they are always one number off. If I click the up arrow once to increment the stack size it should go to 2 but it stays at 1. If you click a second time it will then go to 2, however the actual number of the stack does increase to 3. So it's just the number represented in that box that is off. If you close the properties and reopen, the correct number of the stack is there.
    Post edited by NeverwinterWights on
  • Any news on preview window flashing models? See it has been mentioned like a year ago, but doing a quick search ("preview") didn't notice anything else on it, though tbf I could have missed it.

Doesn't show the model unless you are moving the mouse around the model preview window, which causes it to flash as you move the mouse (disappearing when you stop).