Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Baldur's Gate Console Feedback

13

Comments

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,951
    Can you screenshot it and upload here?

  • IsrafelIsrafel Member Posts: 9
    Sure. Here it is in Candlekeep. This and the other attack in Candlekeep have it the worst, but it's prevalent in most interior locations I've come across pre-Cloakwood.

    nwp3zy4zqtn0.png

    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,951
    @Israfel How long has the game been running for?

  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 363
    edited November 2019
    ravenjt42 wrote: »
    I'm playing as a Cavalier, currently level 4, and I am unable to cast my Cure Light Wounds special ability. The character verbally acknowledges the action, and will even walk up to the party member (if not attempting on self) but no spell is cast. Lay on Hands works fine, though.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks in advance.

    That sounds very much like the bug I submitted. My Beastmaster gained the slow poison ability after one of the story dream sequences in BG1 and whenever I try to activate it all feedback says they are about to cast the spell (portrait icon, target feedback circle, verbal conformation) but they never do.

    I was able to somehow force it in a dire situation (damnit cloakwood) by trying to activate slow poison then activating Cure Light Wounds which works fine for me then immediately selecting Slow Poison and it worked. I don't think it worked reliably though when I repeated it. Character is on the EE advanced script with everything turned off.

    Wonder if it's the slot? My Slow Poison ability is the 5th special slot. Where is your cure light wounds? Can't remember what the cav gets is it...

    Remove Fear, Detect Evil, Protection from Evil, Lay On Hands, Cure Light Wounds

    Whereas mine is
    Summon Familiar, Charm Animal, Larlochs Minor Drain, Cure Light Wounds, Slow Poison

    Post edited by spacejaws on
  • DukeGrDukeGr Member Posts: 43
    I finished a full run on insane difficulty a few days ago of BG+SoD on Nintendo Switch.

    All in all its a solid port and play-ability with the gamepad is even better at least for me than mouse and kb, wish they ported this functionality over to pc too.

    The biggest problems i faced were the following:

    1) Game crash when trying to save resulting in loss of data and corrupting my save file, it happened to me like 10-15 times in a full play-through. 2 times i lost 1 hour of playtime cause of this.

    2) Biggest issue for me was the amount of game crashes, i got like 30 or so, mostly when a lot of stuff was going on, since i was playing on insane i had to use some advanced tactics with ground effects and summons etc. I decided not to play anymore till they address the crashes.

    JuliusBorisov
  • ravenjt42ravenjt42 Member Posts: 8
    spacejaws wrote: »
    ravenjt42 wrote: »
    I'm playing as a Cavalier, currently level 4, and I am unable to cast my Cure Light Wounds special ability. The character verbally acknowledges the action, and will even walk up to the party member (if not attempting on self) but no spell is cast. Lay on Hands works fine, though.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks in advance.

    That sounds very much like the bug I submitted. My Beastmaster gained the slow poison ability after one of the story dream sequences in BG1 and whenever I try to activate it all feedback says they are about to cast the spell (portrait icon, target feedback circle, verbal conformation) but they never do.

    I was able to somehow force it in a dire situation (damnit cloakwood) by trying to activate slow poison then activating Cure Light Wounds which works fine for me then immediately selecting Slow Poison and it worked. I don't think it worked reliably though when I repeated it. Character is on the EE advanced script with everything turned off.

    Wonder if it's the slot? My Slow Poison ability is the 5th special slot. Where is your cure light wounds? Can't remember what the cav gets is it...

    Remove Fear, Detect Evil, Protection from Evil, Lay On Hands, Cure Light Wounds

    Whereas mine is
    Summon Familiar, Charm Animal, Larlochs Minor Drain, Cure Light Wounds, Slow Poison

    Correct! Mine is in that same slot. This is actually kind of a big deal since I constructed my party to have my Paladin do minor secondary heals, and I can't do that now.

    BEAMDOG, is this on the radar to be fixed?

    spacejaws
  • rodneyrodney Member Posts: 3
    Playing on PS4, the games are amazing so far.
    As for feedback, BG2 is constantly crashing for me after i trigger the Neera encounter in Athkatla.
    The crash happens each time i try to map travel form the area of the encounter to another place.
    Tried traveling to different locations - discovered or undiscovered, loading previous manual and auto-saves, didn’t help.
    Any solution or should wait for patch?
    It is possible circumvent the encounter by tiptoeing around the trigger and thus wholly avoiding it, but i’m not sure that would be a viable solution in the long term.


  • IsrafelIsrafel Member Posts: 9
    @Israfel How long has the game been running for?

    Sorry for the very late reply. I actually experience this in interior locations at certain zoom levels no matter how long the game has been running. It's at every zoom level in the Carbos and Shank locations, though, regardless of time the game has been running. It was the first thing I noticed upon playing the game, and I'd probably spent 30 or 40 minutes in character creation beforehand... but I've also left the game running for hours in character creation, and it occurs in the same way once I start the prologue.

    JuliusBorisov
  • GenericJoeGenericJoe Member Posts: 2
    Eddster wrote: »
    One more thing to note, but not sure if it was intentional but I’ve noticed that the rogue find traps ability disables when you walk as a group (it remains on when you walk solo with the rogue).
    This is definitely a bug. If you move the entire group with the point and click format, thieves will continue to find traps, bards will continue to sing, etc. However when using the analog controls, party members will stop using these abilities upon moving. This bug can be circumvented by making the character in question the party leader, which will allow you to move the group with the analog stick without turning the ability off. However, if you wanted to say, have someone find traps and have another sing at the same time, the only way I can see is to use the old point and click style. Which is a shame since I like the analog movement but I also wanted to have a bard and thief on my team.

    Another bug I've found is that the custom groups you can make in the party selection menu don't seem to save between loads in Baldur's Gate 1. They seem to work correctly in Baldur's Gate 2 from what I've checked.

    This is on the PS4 version by the way.

  • GenericJoeGenericJoe Member Posts: 2
    edited January 8
    EDIT: I thought I got the custom group issue fixed as I was able to load my file and still have the custom groups I set. But it turns out it only worked when loading a file shortly after saving. Loading a file after a certain period of time still results in the custom groups breaking. They will still have the number of the people in the group in parenthesis, but picking the group does nothing and they have to be set again.

    Post edited by GenericJoe on
  • psysiupsysiu Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone. I'm encountering serious problems with my physical Nintendo Swith version. Since 4th chapter of BG1 EE game crashes frequently. At the beginning I thought that it happens only while saving game. Game crashed and corrupted save entry. After some tests it seems that there is greater chance that it will crash when overwriting existing save so I tried to play saving only on empty slots. Unfortunately game continuous to crash on locations changes (not only those with auto save) and other situations like exiting shop window. At this moment I'm unable to play much longer than 10 minutes without crash. The whole thing is extremely frustrating.

    ChArEcK
  • ClaritymanClarityman Member Posts: 1
    Like others, I also experience random crashes on the NIntendo Switch.

    Here's a particularly nasty bug I haven't seen reported. I just completed Baldur's Gate EE for the first time (hooray!) and moved onto Siege of Dragonspear.

    I'm working on the Dwarves of Dumathoin quest, and when I get up to the stone pillars corresponding with the seasons, I push them in the correct order, the camera zooms out, the door opens... and the whole game freezes. If I press pause, I cannot bring up the console to quit or load game, I have to exit through the Home button.

    This happens every single time. I can't tell if this means this particular save game is corrupted or what, but I wasn't exactly cycling through saves effectively so I'd have to go back a ways to test it out.

    This effectively means I cannot complete the Dwarves of Dumathoin quest.

  • GKillahGKillah Member Posts: 2
    I have PS4 version.
    In Baldur's Gate 2 after completing quest about murders in bridge district I can't walk to different location - game crashes. Try few times and different saves.

  • Tommy123Tommy123 Member Posts: 25
    Has Beamdog abandoned the console versions?

    I played BG1 back in October on the Switch. It had crashes, save corruptions and other annoying bugs, but I could somehow finish the game. I also reported all bugs in the Beamdog bug tracker back then.

    Now I'm revisting the game to continue with SoD, but the game still hasn't received any patch in the past 4 months. Also SoD is so bugged - many quests don't work and now I'm getting serious plot stopper bugs: I can't enter Boareskyr Bridge. Everytime I select this area on the worldmap the game crashes. I even reloaded the chapter savegame and replayed the areas before ... same outcome. It's literally unplayable!

    The same seems to be the case for the Planescape Torment switch version. There are even more bugs and also no sign that they ever will be patched.

    Beamdog just moved on to the next games and released Neverwinter Nights instead of fixing Baldurs Gate and Planescape Torment - fully abandoning them.

    ChArEcK
  • ChArEcKChArEcK Member Posts: 4
    psysiu wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm encountering serious problems with my physical Nintendo Swith version. Since 4th chapter of BG1 EE game crashes frequently. At the beginning I thought that it happens only while saving game. Game crashed and corrupted save entry. After some tests it seems that there is greater chance that it will crash when overwriting existing save so I tried to play saving only on empty slots. Unfortunately game continuous to crash on locations changes (not only those with auto save) and other situations like exiting shop window. At this moment I'm unable to play much longer than 10 minutes without crash. The whole thing is extremely frustrating.

    Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem on Nintendo Switch Lite! I'm also in chapter 4 & the game crashes about every 2 on 3 times while I'm saving (and save file is deleted), or when I start or end a fight. There is always the same message"the software was closed because an error occurred". This makes the game unplayable. I've done everything from nintendo support list to solve this bug but nothing isn't working (I have deleted, reformat, shut down, and still it doesn't work). I can play all my other games on switch without any issues. This must be surley a bug from the game. I'm counting that Beamdog will solve this problem. Maybe this is something wrong with downloaded language pack? Did you use them?

  • ChArEcKChArEcK Member Posts: 4
    Tommy123 wrote: »
    Has Beamdog abandoned the console versions?

    I played BG1 back in October on the Switch. It had crashes, save corruptions and other annoying bugs, but I could somehow finish the game. I also reported all bugs in the Beamdog bug tracker back then.

    Now I'm revisting the game to continue with SoD, but the game still hasn't received any patch in the past 4 months. Also SoD is so bugged - many quests don't work and now I'm getting serious plot stopper bugs: I can't enter Boareskyr Bridge. Everytime I select this area on the worldmap the game crashes. I even reloaded the chapter savegame and replayed the areas before ... same outcome. It's literally unplayable!

    The same seems to be the case for the Planescape Torment switch version. There are even more bugs and also no sign that they ever will be patched.

    Beamdog just moved on to the next games and released Neverwinter Nights instead of fixing Baldurs Gate and Planescape Torment - fully abandoning them.

    Please don't say so. I've just bought The whole pack... 975wqaryg0dw.jpg

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,951
    We never abandon any of our products. Please continue reporting issues you encounter on our Service Desk. Player feedback is very important and helps us identify areas which need more fixing.

    NWN:EE was always supposed to be released just after the IE games on console. It was a part of the unified plan. Beamdog is a relatively small company, and we have to find balance when we spend time and resources on supporting multiple games on multiple platforms (BG1, BG2, SoD, IWD, PS:T, NWN on PC, Android, iOS, and now consoles, as well as Axis & Allies in Early Access).

  • crunchyfrog555crunchyfrog555 Member Posts: 1
    Just adding my few pennorth to whats already been said.

    Im an older gamer (53) but probably thats not too unusual for this game. Im playing on PS4, and first off I have to say I find the changes to controller commands from the original to be fluid and pretty damned nice. Good job there.

    But I agree with the first posters sentiment about zoomed out cutscenes. Despite my age, my eyesight is average and i play in bed about 3 feet from a 32" screen. It seems WAY too zoomed out to be of any use. Also text in certain places - such as choosing a location from the overworld map, is far too small.

    im disabled too, and while my disability doesnt really affect my play in this game, as around 20% of all gamers have some sort of issue or disability which does affect their play, I would estimate a fair number are people with vision issues - from the partially sighted to the colour blind. If i think it too small, it must be nightmarish for them!

    Im not far into the game yet, having only just picked up the disc cheaply this week, but despite having a weird issue where I cant progress on one screen and my character bluntly refuses to move (all i can do is return to the previous screen and wander around there), its been pretty nice. On the whole, youve done a great job visually, and again, the controller commands seem pretty intuitive.

    JuliusBorisov
  • OskarOskar Member Posts: 1
    ChArEcK wrote: »
    psysiu wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm encountering serious problems with my physical Nintendo Swith version. Since 4th chapter of BG1 EE game crashes frequently. At the beginning I thought that it happens only while saving game. Game crashed and corrupted save entry. After some tests it seems that there is greater chance that it will crash when overwriting existing save so I tried to play saving only on empty slots. Unfortunately game continuous to crash on locations changes (not only those with auto save) and other situations like exiting shop window. At this moment I'm unable to play much longer than 10 minutes without crash. The whole thing is extremely frustrating.

    Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem on Nintendo Switch Lite! I'm also in chapter 4 & the game crashes about every 2 on 3 times while I'm saving (and save file is deleted), or when I start or end a fight. There is always the same message"the software was closed because an error occurred". This makes the game unplayable. I've done everything from nintendo support list to solve this bug but nothing isn't working (I have deleted, reformat, shut down, and still it doesn't work). I can play all my other games on switch without any issues. This must be surley a bug from the game. I'm counting that Beamdog will solve this problem. Maybe this is something wrong with downloaded language pack? Did you use them?

    Hi. Same for me here. I also have done all the steps that nintendo support suggested to do.
    For me the crush is also about every few minutes on saving etc..The game is now unplayable.
    Beamdog, do you trying to solve this problem? Maybe you know when it's gonna be fixed?

  • psysiupsysiu Member Posts: 4
    ChArEcK wrote: »
    psysiu wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm encountering serious problems with my physical Nintendo Swith version. Since 4th chapter of BG1 EE game crashes frequently. At the beginning I thought that it happens only while saving game. Game crashed and corrupted save entry. After some tests it seems that there is greater chance that it will crash when overwriting existing save so I tried to play saving only on empty slots. Unfortunately game continuous to crash on locations changes (not only those with auto save) and other situations like exiting shop window. At this moment I'm unable to play much longer than 10 minutes without crash. The whole thing is extremely frustrating.

    Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem on Nintendo Switch Lite! I'm also in chapter 4 & the game crashes about every 2 on 3 times while I'm saving (and save file is deleted), or when I start or end a fight. There is always the same message"the software was closed because an error occurred". This makes the game unplayable. I've done everything from nintendo support list to solve this bug but nothing isn't working (I have deleted, reformat, shut down, and still it doesn't work). I can play all my other games on switch without any issues. This must be surley a bug from the game. I'm counting that Beamdog will solve this problem. Maybe this is something wrong with downloaded language pack? Did you use them?

    I'm using Polish Language Pack.

    Coolczycki
  • murmandamusmurmandamus Member Posts: 45
    Also problems with crashing while saving and changing locations . So frustrating that almost unplayable. Any fix or patch?

    Coolczycki
  • CoolczyckiCoolczycki Member Posts: 5
    Just wanted to add my two cents. I have exactly the same issues as mentioned above (psysiu, Oskar) - game starts to crash every 5-15 minutes on nintendo switch ("Sofware was closed because error occured"). It starts happening on chapter 4 or 5 (depending on character - i tried 3 different, and it happens again and again). Once the save starts crashing, there's no turning back - it makes the game completely unplayable.

    I have phisical version, patch 1.0.3 and latest switch firmware. It's a damn shame, because i really liked the game, but in this state it's unplayable.

    Seeing this is quite a big issue affecting lots of players - can we expect any fix?

  • murmandamusmurmandamus Member Posts: 45
    edited March 28
    Somehow i got mad and restarted with my imported char then BGEE1 on switch i played mostly withouth many further craashes(only few occuring in end) Now at siege of dragonspear when entering bridge cutscene at coast way crossing location game is always crashing, when trying to move to coast way forest it is always crashing. SOD on switch is UNPLAYABLE as for now.

  • ZorutarZorutar Member Posts: 3
    Is it possible this synchronious formation behavior also in PC version?

    If yes how (mabey some mod)? Thank you for feedback guys.

    Timbo0o0o0
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    edited March 30
    After the whole NWN EE FIASCO i will never purchase or recommend any of my friends or family to purchase any of beamdog products ever again.

    Post edited by qwert_44643 on
  • ChArEcKChArEcK Member Posts: 4
    psysiu wrote: »
    ChArEcK wrote: »
    psysiu wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm encountering serious problems with my physical Nintendo Swith version. Since 4th chapter of BG1 EE game crashes frequently. At the beginning I thought that it happens only while saving game. Game crashed and corrupted save entry. After some tests it seems that there is greater chance that it will crash when overwriting existing save so I tried to play saving only on empty slots. Unfortunately game continuous to crash on locations changes (not only those with auto save) and other situations like exiting shop window. At this moment I'm unable to play much longer than 10 minutes without crash. The whole thing is extremely frustrating.

    Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem on Nintendo Switch Lite! I'm also in chapter 4 & the game crashes about every 2 on 3 times while I'm saving (and save file is deleted), or when I start or end a fight. There is always the same message"the software was closed because an error occurred". This makes the game unplayable. I've done everything from nintendo support list to solve this bug but nothing isn't working (I have deleted, reformat, shut down, and still it doesn't work). I can play all my other games on switch without any issues. This must be surley a bug from the game. I'm counting that Beamdog will solve this problem. Maybe this is something wrong with downloaded language pack? Did you use them?

    I'm using Polish Language Pack.

    Yeah. I've got the same Language Pack...

  • ChArEcKChArEcK Member Posts: 4
    We never abandon any of our products. Please continue reporting issues you encounter on our Service Desk. Player feedback is very important and helps us identify areas which need more fixing.

    NWN:EE was always supposed to be released just after the IE games on console. It was a part of the unified plan. Beamdog is a relatively small company, and we have to find balance when we spend time and resources on supporting multiple games on multiple platforms (BG1, BG2, SoD, IWD, PS:T, NWN on PC, Android, iOS, and now consoles, as well as Axis & Allies in Early Access).

    Please do smth with this crashing bug while saving & entering from one location to another on BG EE on Nintendo Switch. The game is completly unplayable beacouse of this. We counting on You!

  • CoolczyckiCoolczycki Member Posts: 5
    ChArEcK wrote: »
    psysiu wrote: »
    ChArEcK wrote: »
    psysiu wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm encountering serious problems with my physical Nintendo Swith version. Since 4th chapter of BG1 EE game crashes frequently. At the beginning I thought that it happens only while saving game. Game crashed and corrupted save entry. After some tests it seems that there is greater chance that it will crash when overwriting existing save so I tried to play saving only on empty slots. Unfortunately game continuous to crash on locations changes (not only those with auto save) and other situations like exiting shop window. At this moment I'm unable to play much longer than 10 minutes without crash. The whole thing is extremely frustrating.

    Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem on Nintendo Switch Lite! I'm also in chapter 4 & the game crashes about every 2 on 3 times while I'm saving (and save file is deleted), or when I start or end a fight. There is always the same message"the software was closed because an error occurred". This makes the game unplayable. I've done everything from nintendo support list to solve this bug but nothing isn't working (I have deleted, reformat, shut down, and still it doesn't work). I can play all my other games on switch without any issues. This must be surley a bug from the game. I'm counting that Beamdog will solve this problem. Maybe this is something wrong with downloaded language pack? Did you use them?

    I'm using Polish Language Pack.

    Yeah. I've got the same Language Pack...

    Hey, maybe there's something connected with polish language dlc, because i have the same problem, and i use language pack from e-shop too.

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,951
    Zorutar wrote: »
    Is it possible this synchronious formation behavior also in PC version?

    If yes how (mabey some mod)? Thank you for feedback guys.

    The pathfinding improvement you're seeing on console was one of the biggest features specifically designed for the console version. The 2.6 patch will introduce pathfinding improvements to the PC & mobile versions, but we haven't announced whether it'll be functioning in the same way.

    ZorutarGusinda
  • sifubearsifubear Member Posts: 1
    edited April 8
    This is my first time playing BG, and one of my characters shows the + sign but I can't figure out how to level her up. Playing on Xbox One-S

Sign In or Register to comment.