Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

16364656769

Comments

  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 510
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    Guys, do i need more than 4 members on my party to pass the Forgotten Heroes puzzle? I don't remember much that part.

    if you are talking about the dungeon that has the door timers with the different colored rhombuses, i think you only need 3 at the minimum, 1 member on the one timer, another 1 on another, and as long as one person passes through the final door, then that final door will stay open and you can regroup your guys before you head to far in to the last room

    Summons and animal companions also work.

    sarevok57
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 590
    Summons don't, animal companions do

    bleusteel
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 510
    Summons don't, animal companions do

    Summons from spells don’t work, that’s correct. Summons from items work.

    Skatan
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 1,982
    edited May 2
    Any way to NOT have to use Amiri? On Twice Born Warlord? She is lv 6, with starting gear and i an playing on hard. My lv 12 MC could kill this barbarians in 20 seconds. But her is having a really hard time.

    I hate this parts where you are forced to play with a specific character; it it nos fun or engaging! It is just a chore and a torment. I an really thinking on put on story mode only to end this torment. Just like i had to lower the difficulty on kotor 2 when you are forced to play with a poor party member vs a army. I wanna play my MC, not Amiri.

    bleusteel
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,473
    Any way to NOT have to use Amiri? On Twice Born Warlord? She is lv 6, with starting gear and i an playing on hard. My lv 12 MC could kill this barbarians in 20 seconds. But her is having a really hard time.

    I hate this parts where you are forced to play with a specific character; it it nos fun or engaging! It is just a chore and a torment. I an really thinking on put on story mode only to end this torment. Just like i had to lower the difficulty on kotor 2 when you are forced to play with a poor party member vs a army. I wanna play my MC, not Amiri.
    There's a completely non-violent way to get through that questline. there's a couple spots where you can move crates or racks out of the way. You just have to avoid the Sisters. You'll still get your ass handed to you in the fight with Armagh, but you'll succeed in the quest.

    bleusteel
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 1,982
    Guys, i never did a kineticist but wanna know. There are any water/air invocation infusion that can compete with the might win button deadly earth?

  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 600
    Maybe if you are playing kineticist knight, but I do not think that´s the type of build you are seeking.

    SorcererV1ct0r
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,719
    Cloud
    Element(s) air or water; Type form infusion; Level 7; Burn 4
    Prerequisite(s) extended range
    Associated Blasts blizzard, sandstorm, steam, thunderstorm
    Saving Throw none

    You release your power in a diffuse cloud. You can center this 20-foot-radius spread anywhere within 120 feet of you.

    All creatures and objects within the cloud when you create it automatically take 1/4 the normal amount of damage from your blast with no saving throw. Any time a creature enters the cloud, it takes half the normal amount of damage from your blast, as do creatures that end their turns in the cloud. Your cloud obscures vision as obscuring mist. It lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier or until you use the cloud infusion again.

    ^ That one is pretty on pair with Deadly Earth. Although Kingmaker did handle the Cloud form infusion differently from the PnP one I listed above. The "obscure vision" part got scrapped, for one. And the visible range was reduced from 120 feet range to mere 50 feet.

  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 8,588
    I'm sure many people are already aware of this, but the guy who did the Call of the Wild mod is now working on a AI mod similar to SCS as well (in it's very early stages). With the aforementioned CotW, his Favored Races, and now this, he's personally added about 10x more content to the game as the official DLCs did.

    VallmyrmlneveseBallpointMan
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    jjstraka34 wrote: »
    I'm sure many people are already aware of this, but the guy who did the Call of the Wild mod is now working on a AI mod similar to SCS as well (in it's very early stages). With the aforementioned CotW, his Favored Races, and now this, he's personally added about 10x more content to the game as the official DLCs did.

    I think he's the same guy who made D&D 3.5 Rules mod for BG(2)EE.

  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    jjstraka34 wrote: »
    I'm sure many people are already aware of this, but the guy who did the Call of the Wild mod is now working on a AI mod similar to SCS as well (in it's very early stages). With the aforementioned CotW, his Favored Races, and now this, he's personally added about 10x more content to the game as the official DLCs did.

    I think he's the same guy who made D&D 3.5 Rules mod for BG(2)EE. And I bet he stopped working on it after Pathfinder Kingmaker release 😁

  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    Ugh, the design of this game is really terrible. I have had waves of Barbarian Hordes events which are wrecking my kingdom happines status and I fear there will be a game over soon. I have no active quests right now and honestly don't have a clue what to do. The game does not tell me at all what to do now. I don't need it to tell me how to do it, but come on, it should give me a means to stop those barbarian horse waves. From what I understand I should find a location called Amarg's Tomb. I wandered around the place where it supposedly is located, but it is not discovered by my party. I appreciate a bit of guidance, otherwise I will be forced to scrap this game altogether. It has been a chore for me lately, I'm afraid, but I do want to finish it.

  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 1,982
    Cahir wrote: »
    Ugh, the design of this game is really terrible. I have had waves of Barbarian Hordes events which are wrecking my kingdom happines status and I fear there will be a game over soon. I have no active quests right now and honestly don't have a clue what to do. The game does not tell me at all what to do now. I don't need it to tell me how to do it, but come on, it should give me a means to stop those barbarian horse waves. From what I understand I should find a location called Amarg's Tomb. I wandered around the place where it supposedly is located, but it is not discovered by my party. I appreciate a bit of guidance, otherwise I will be forced to scrap this game altogether. It has been a chore for me lately, I'm afraid, but I do want to finish it.

    There are a couple of ways to find this location. The easiest is via perception check, create a DRUD merc with high WIS, pick skill focus perception and you should pass the PER check. There are other ways, involving research and librarians but is 5 minute search on google should give you the awnser

  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    Cahir wrote: »
    Ugh, the design of this game is really terrible. I have had waves of Barbarian Hordes events which are wrecking my kingdom happines status and I fear there will be a game over soon. I have no active quests right now and honestly don't have a clue what to do. The game does not tell me at all what to do now. I don't need it to tell me how to do it, but come on, it should give me a means to stop those barbarian horse waves. From what I understand I should find a location called Amarg's Tomb. I wandered around the place where it supposedly is located, but it is not discovered by my party. I appreciate a bit of guidance, otherwise I will be forced to scrap this game altogether. It has been a chore for me lately, I'm afraid, but I do want to finish it.

    There are a couple of ways to find this location. The easiest is via perception check, create a DRUD merc with high WIS, pick skill focus perception and you should pass the PER check. There are other ways, involving research and librarians but is 5 minute search on google should give you the awnser

    How much Perception do I need? I use Ekun for perception checks, who has over +30 perception skill bonus and was able to discover hidden locations in the past.

  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 590
    You have to explore the area to spot via Perception. But you only get one check per character, if you fail you have to level up before you get another check.

    There's lots of ways to find the tomb even if you don't get via Perception: there's an area you can visit in the west, just next to the river, where a fisherman can help you (it's a text area). And there's at least two ways to find via advisors, I think you can research Dwarven lore, or send scouts to find the location, and I think there might be a couple of other options.

    PsicoVic
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    You have to explore the area to spot via Perception. But you only get one check per character, if you fail you have to level up before you get another check.

    There's lots of ways to find the tomb even if you don't get via Perception: there's an area you can visit in the west, just next to the river, where a fisherman can help you (it's a text area). And there's at least two ways to find via advisors, I think you can research Dwarven lore, or send scouts to find the location, and I think there might be a couple of other options.

    I think I have passed the fisherman test, and I already scouted my kingdom via kingdom management. No luck. I'll try to switch characters and try Perception check with someone else. This is frustrating and IMO really bad design, though. There is no way I could find out in myself that I need to find some hidden tomb.

  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 590
    If you passed the fisherman stuff you would know the location. If you did the scouting via kingdom management you would know the location. You should check the status of that quest in kingdom management. Either you didn't complete it or it's on your map.

  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 983
    Cahir wrote: »
    You have to explore the area to spot via Perception. But you only get one check per character, if you fail you have to level up before you get another check.

    There's lots of ways to find the tomb even if you don't get via Perception: there's an area you can visit in the west, just next to the river, where a fisherman can help you (it's a text area). And there's at least two ways to find via advisors, I think you can research Dwarven lore, or send scouts to find the location, and I think there might be a couple of other options.

    I think I have passed the fisherman test, and I already scouted my kingdom via kingdom management. No luck. I'll try to switch characters and try Perception check with someone else. This is frustrating and IMO really bad design, though. There is no way I could find out in myself that I need to find some hidden tomb.

    There are two river-crossing story encounters in that area. Both are on the river heading into Glenbon. People always get confused between the two. You need the one to the south, an area called Pike's Stretch. And it's a boatman, not fisherman.

  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,128
    If you passed the fisherman stuff you would know the location. If you did the scouting via kingdom management you would know the location. You should check the status of that quest in kingdom management. Either you didn't complete it or it's on your map.

    I could be completely mistaken, but I thought those kingdom management options only lowered the required roll for the perception check, not that they give you the location outright.

    The roll itself, without any supporting management buffs or the like is insanely high IIRC. So it's kind of a softlock - either you've built a character with the highest possible perception, got the boatman event, or knew to research the location.

    It's pretty rough. I had to use the internet to do it (So I agree, it's frustrating design).

  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    That's it. I'm done with this game. The journal message popped up informing me to find Amarg's Tomb, so I thought "Great, maybe now the game will actually give me possibility to find it". And then after a couple of days in-game, "Game over". Barbarian horde waves destroyed my kingdom. It's unimaginably stupid quest design.

  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 1,982
    BAllpointman, i believe that you can send scouts and find the location

    Cahir, you can just load a previous save and use bag of tricks.

    Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best game of the last decades.

  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    If you passed the fisherman stuff you would know the location. If you did the scouting via kingdom management you would know the location. You should check the status of that quest in kingdom management. Either you didn't complete it or it's on your map.

    That's the point. I did the scouting. I had 2 scouting events, for which I have sent two of my companions. Each event resulting in Success and revealing a few locations that was undiscovered yet. None of those locations was Amarg's Tomb.
    Cahir, you can just load a previous save and use bag of tricks.

    What is bag of tricks? You mean a cheat option available by one of the mods I have installed? Well, I haven't thought about that, maybe I'll see if this can help me out. This doesn't change the fact that I *shouldn't* need to resort to cheating to complete a part of the *main quest*. I can miss a subquest or two, because it needs some investigative skills or a bit of creativity to complete it, but a main quest should be made in such a way, that player should know exactly what to do, to finish it. You can fail on it because it's difficult, or be disappointed with the end result, because you chose a bad RP decision along the way. This is all OK. But it's is not OK to stuck, or worse fail a main quest because the game misleads you, or doesn't tell you what to do next. I would be all OK if this quest looks like this:
    1. A barbarian raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... OK, pesty barbs, I'll drive them off)
    2. Another raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... crap, something is not right here)
    3. You have a journal entry telling you that you have to find the tomb *and* a couple of *suggestions* how to find it.
    4. You do what the game suggests and try to find the tomb.
    5. One of those suggestions pans out and tomb location is revealed.

    Now if you delay with searching the tomb *after* this journal entry pop up, the kingdom wreckage is entirely on you. You have been warned, and have been warned even further, by having to deal with consecutive barbarian hordes that diminishes the happiness of your kingdom.

    What is actually happened for me was:
    1. A barbarian raids started to happen, I repelled them, but I started to suspect something's wrong.
    2. I explored all the map to find any clues. Nothing. No new events connected with this, except more barbarian raids, occurred.
    3. Two scouting events were available after reaching next rank of Espionage. I completed them both. Some locations on the map were revealed, but nothing that would help me to solve barbarian raids issue.
    4. In the meantime I stumbled upon the boatman encounter and finishes it. I admit, I was not reading it carefully in its entirety, but I'm 100% sure I passed all the tests. I chose Amiri to go with the water submerging test. But at this point I had completely no idea that this encounter is in any way connected with barbarian raids that haunted my domain.
    5. Barbarian raids escalated to barbarian hordes and started to wreck my kingdom, greatly diminishes its status.
    6. Journal entry popped up, telling me that I need to find Amarg's Tomb, without any clues how to find it. But it gave me hope, that some options *will unlock* I'll just need to explore the map more, or wait a bit for some event to kick in. At this point my kingdom status was *Riots*.
    7. I tried to explore the map again in hope that a tomb or any other location reveal itself, giving me a way to complete this quest.
    8. Couple of days passed, and the game showed me a middle finger, by presenting a nice Game Over screen.
    Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best game of the last decades.

    Definitely not. One of the most frustrating? Maybe. It was a very promising game that has been butchered by completely unintuitive design of some of its elements and the fact that the story is driven by kingdom management and kingdom events instead of solving quests and exploring interesting locations. You can explore, yes, but it's so boring. Each and every location looks similar. A winding path ending with a cave, or a small dungeon that looks exactly the same as the one you previously completed.

    If I could praise some part of the game, though, it's companions. They are very interesting, well written and I think I liked all of them (yes even Harrim ). If I was more oriented on character builds and generally on game mechanics, this would be probably another positive aspect of the game, because the game is insanely complex in this aspect. But since I'm more RP oriented player, I needed to install TB mod, just to be able to beat most of the fights.

    It's still the better than PoE1, even if I'll probably won't finish it.

  • Djasko_AmsterdamDjasko_Amsterdam Member Posts: 42
    Looks like its all Pathfinder for me from now on. Baldur's Gate Original Sin is a no go. I'm the guy who said Warcract Reforged is a cashgrab when it got announced, nobody listened and now they're crying on their youtube channels.

  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 600
    If you say things like "Baldur´s gate original sin" It´s understandable that nobody listens XD (In an unrelated thread about pathfinder)
    Cahir wrote: »
    If you passed the fisherman stuff you would know the location. If you did the scouting via kingdom management you would know the location. You should check the status of that quest in kingdom management. Either you didn't complete it or it's on your map.

    That's the point. I did the scouting. I had 2 scouting events, for which I have sent two of my companions. Each event resulting in Success and revealing a few locations that was undiscovered yet. None of those locations was Amarg's Tomb.
    Cahir, you can just load a previous save and use bag of tricks.

    What is bag of tricks? You mean a cheat option available by one of the mods I have installed? Well, I haven't thought about that, maybe I'll see if this can help me out. This doesn't change the fact that I *shouldn't* need to resort to cheating to complete a part of the *main quest*. I can miss a subquest or two, because it needs some investigative skills or a bit of creativity to complete it, but a main quest should be made in such a way, that player should know exactly what to do, to finish it. You can fail on it because it's difficult, or be disappointed with the end result, because you chose a bad RP decision along the way. This is all OK. But it's is not OK to stuck, or worse fail a main quest because the game misleads you, or doesn't tell you what to do next. I would be all OK if this quest looks like this:
    1. A barbarian raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... OK, pesty barbs, I'll drive them off)
    2. Another raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... crap, something is not right here)
    3. You have a journal entry telling you that you have to find the tomb *and* a couple of *suggestions* how to find it.
    4. You do what the game suggests and try to find the tomb.
    5. One of those suggestions pans out and tomb location is revealed.

    Now if you delay with searching the tomb *after* this journal entry pop up, the kingdom wreckage is entirely on you. You have been warned, and have been warned even further, by having to deal with consecutive barbarian hordes that diminishes the happiness of your kingdom.

    What is actually happened for me was:
    1. A barbarian raids started to happen, I repelled them, but I started to suspect something's wrong.
    2. I explored all the map to find any clues. Nothing. No new events connected with this, except more barbarian raids, occurred.
    3. Two scouting events were available after reaching next rank of Espionage. I completed them both. Some locations on the map were revealed, but nothing that would help me to solve barbarian raids issue.
    4. In the meantime I stumbled upon the boatman encounter and finishes it. I admit, I was not reading it carefully in its entirety, but I'm 100% sure I passed all the tests. I chose Amiri to go with the water submerging test. But at this point I had completely no idea that this encounter is in any way connected with barbarian raids that haunted my domain.
    5. Barbarian raids escalated to barbarian hordes and started to wreck my kingdom, greatly diminishes its status.
    6. Journal entry popped up, telling me that I need to find Amarg's Tomb, without any clues how to find it. But it gave me hope, that some options *will unlock* I'll just need to explore the map more, or wait a bit for some event to kick in. At this point my kingdom status was *Riots*.
    7. I tried to explore the map again in hope that a tomb or any other location reveal itself, giving me a way to complete this quest.
    8. Couple of days passed, and the game showed me a middle finger, by presenting a nice Game Over screen.
    Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best game of the last decades.

    Definitely not. One of the most frustrating? Maybe. It was a very promising game that has been butchered by completely unintuitive design of some of its elements and the fact that the story is driven by kingdom management and kingdom events instead of solving quests and exploring interesting locations. You can explore, yes, but it's so boring. Each and every location looks similar. A winding path ending with a cave, or a small dungeon that looks exactly the same as the one you previously completed.

    If I could praise some part of the game, though, it's companions. They are very interesting, well written and I think I liked all of them (yes even Harrim ). If I was more oriented on character builds and generally on game mechanics, this would be probably another positive aspect of the game, because the game is insanely complex in this aspect. But since I'm more RP oriented player, I needed to install TB mod, just to be able to beat most of the fights.

    It's still the better than PoE1, even if I'll probably won't finish it.

    I understand you are frustrated about what seems to be a bug of some sorts that seems to not be so common but I read posts here of people "quitting" the game because of the spider cave swarms at chapter one or the ambush of Nyrissa and came back later when the rage passed and finally enjoyed the game.

    Give it a try after some time off. I promise the game is worth it.



  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    If you say things like "Baldur´s gate original sin" It´s understandable that nobody listens XD (In an unrelated thread about pathfinder)
    Cahir wrote: »
    If you passed the fisherman stuff you would know the location. If you did the scouting via kingdom management you would know the location. You should check the status of that quest in kingdom management. Either you didn't complete it or it's on your map.

    That's the point. I did the scouting. I had 2 scouting events, for which I have sent two of my companions. Each event resulting in Success and revealing a few locations that was undiscovered yet. None of those locations was Amarg's Tomb.
    Cahir, you can just load a previous save and use bag of tricks.

    What is bag of tricks? You mean a cheat option available by one of the mods I have installed? Well, I haven't thought about that, maybe I'll see if this can help me out. This doesn't change the fact that I *shouldn't* need to resort to cheating to complete a part of the *main quest*. I can miss a subquest or two, because it needs some investigative skills or a bit of creativity to complete it, but a main quest should be made in such a way, that player should know exactly what to do, to finish it. You can fail on it because it's difficult, or be disappointed with the end result, because you chose a bad RP decision along the way. This is all OK. But it's is not OK to stuck, or worse fail a main quest because the game misleads you, or doesn't tell you what to do next. I would be all OK if this quest looks like this:
    1. A barbarian raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... OK, pesty barbs, I'll drive them off)
    2. Another raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... crap, something is not right here)
    3. You have a journal entry telling you that you have to find the tomb *and* a couple of *suggestions* how to find it.
    4. You do what the game suggests and try to find the tomb.
    5. One of those suggestions pans out and tomb location is revealed.

    Now if you delay with searching the tomb *after* this journal entry pop up, the kingdom wreckage is entirely on you. You have been warned, and have been warned even further, by having to deal with consecutive barbarian hordes that diminishes the happiness of your kingdom.

    What is actually happened for me was:
    1. A barbarian raids started to happen, I repelled them, but I started to suspect something's wrong.
    2. I explored all the map to find any clues. Nothing. No new events connected with this, except more barbarian raids, occurred.
    3. Two scouting events were available after reaching next rank of Espionage. I completed them both. Some locations on the map were revealed, but nothing that would help me to solve barbarian raids issue.
    4. In the meantime I stumbled upon the boatman encounter and finishes it. I admit, I was not reading it carefully in its entirety, but I'm 100% sure I passed all the tests. I chose Amiri to go with the water submerging test. But at this point I had completely no idea that this encounter is in any way connected with barbarian raids that haunted my domain.
    5. Barbarian raids escalated to barbarian hordes and started to wreck my kingdom, greatly diminishes its status.
    6. Journal entry popped up, telling me that I need to find Amarg's Tomb, without any clues how to find it. But it gave me hope, that some options *will unlock* I'll just need to explore the map more, or wait a bit for some event to kick in. At this point my kingdom status was *Riots*.
    7. I tried to explore the map again in hope that a tomb or any other location reveal itself, giving me a way to complete this quest.
    8. Couple of days passed, and the game showed me a middle finger, by presenting a nice Game Over screen.
    Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best game of the last decades.

    Definitely not. One of the most frustrating? Maybe. It was a very promising game that has been butchered by completely unintuitive design of some of its elements and the fact that the story is driven by kingdom management and kingdom events instead of solving quests and exploring interesting locations. You can explore, yes, but it's so boring. Each and every location looks similar. A winding path ending with a cave, or a small dungeon that looks exactly the same as the one you previously completed.

    If I could praise some part of the game, though, it's companions. They are very interesting, well written and I think I liked all of them (yes even Harrim ). If I was more oriented on character builds and generally on game mechanics, this would be probably another positive aspect of the game, because the game is insanely complex in this aspect. But since I'm more RP oriented player, I needed to install TB mod, just to be able to beat most of the fights.

    It's still the better than PoE1, even if I'll probably won't finish it.

    I understand you are frustrated about what seems to be a bug of some sorts that seems to not be so common but I read posts here of people "quitting" the game because of the spider cave swarms at chapter one or the ambush of Nyrissa and came back later when the rage passed and finally enjoyed the game.

    Give it a try after some time off. I promise the game is worth it.

    I'll play around with mod-added chest options, at least to increase kingdom status back to stable (not sure if there is an option that allows to do that). Maybe this would give me some time to find this damn tomb.

    I'm so frustrsted, because all and all I think this game is worth finishing at least once.

  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 983
    Cahir wrote: »
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    If you say things like "Baldur´s gate original sin" It´s understandable that nobody listens XD (In an unrelated thread about pathfinder)
    Cahir wrote: »
    If you passed the fisherman stuff you would know the location. If you did the scouting via kingdom management you would know the location. You should check the status of that quest in kingdom management. Either you didn't complete it or it's on your map.

    That's the point. I did the scouting. I had 2 scouting events, for which I have sent two of my companions. Each event resulting in Success and revealing a few locations that was undiscovered yet. None of those locations was Amarg's Tomb.
    Cahir, you can just load a previous save and use bag of tricks.

    What is bag of tricks? You mean a cheat option available by one of the mods I have installed? Well, I haven't thought about that, maybe I'll see if this can help me out. This doesn't change the fact that I *shouldn't* need to resort to cheating to complete a part of the *main quest*. I can miss a subquest or two, because it needs some investigative skills or a bit of creativity to complete it, but a main quest should be made in such a way, that player should know exactly what to do, to finish it. You can fail on it because it's difficult, or be disappointed with the end result, because you chose a bad RP decision along the way. This is all OK. But it's is not OK to stuck, or worse fail a main quest because the game misleads you, or doesn't tell you what to do next. I would be all OK if this quest looks like this:
    1. A barbarian raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... OK, pesty barbs, I'll drive them off)
    2. Another raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... crap, something is not right here)
    3. You have a journal entry telling you that you have to find the tomb *and* a couple of *suggestions* how to find it.
    4. You do what the game suggests and try to find the tomb.
    5. One of those suggestions pans out and tomb location is revealed.

    Now if you delay with searching the tomb *after* this journal entry pop up, the kingdom wreckage is entirely on you. You have been warned, and have been warned even further, by having to deal with consecutive barbarian hordes that diminishes the happiness of your kingdom.

    What is actually happened for me was:
    1. A barbarian raids started to happen, I repelled them, but I started to suspect something's wrong.
    2. I explored all the map to find any clues. Nothing. No new events connected with this, except more barbarian raids, occurred.
    3. Two scouting events were available after reaching next rank of Espionage. I completed them both. Some locations on the map were revealed, but nothing that would help me to solve barbarian raids issue.
    4. In the meantime I stumbled upon the boatman encounter and finishes it. I admit, I was not reading it carefully in its entirety, but I'm 100% sure I passed all the tests. I chose Amiri to go with the water submerging test. But at this point I had completely no idea that this encounter is in any way connected with barbarian raids that haunted my domain.
    5. Barbarian raids escalated to barbarian hordes and started to wreck my kingdom, greatly diminishes its status.
    6. Journal entry popped up, telling me that I need to find Amarg's Tomb, without any clues how to find it. But it gave me hope, that some options *will unlock* I'll just need to explore the map more, or wait a bit for some event to kick in. At this point my kingdom status was *Riots*.
    7. I tried to explore the map again in hope that a tomb or any other location reveal itself, giving me a way to complete this quest.
    8. Couple of days passed, and the game showed me a middle finger, by presenting a nice Game Over screen.
    Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best game of the last decades.

    Definitely not. One of the most frustrating? Maybe. It was a very promising game that has been butchered by completely unintuitive design of some of its elements and the fact that the story is driven by kingdom management and kingdom events instead of solving quests and exploring interesting locations. You can explore, yes, but it's so boring. Each and every location looks similar. A winding path ending with a cave, or a small dungeon that looks exactly the same as the one you previously completed.

    If I could praise some part of the game, though, it's companions. They are very interesting, well written and I think I liked all of them (yes even Harrim ). If I was more oriented on character builds and generally on game mechanics, this would be probably another positive aspect of the game, because the game is insanely complex in this aspect. But since I'm more RP oriented player, I needed to install TB mod, just to be able to beat most of the fights.

    It's still the better than PoE1, even if I'll probably won't finish it.

    I understand you are frustrated about what seems to be a bug of some sorts that seems to not be so common but I read posts here of people "quitting" the game because of the spider cave swarms at chapter one or the ambush of Nyrissa and came back later when the rage passed and finally enjoyed the game.

    Give it a try after some time off. I promise the game is worth it.

    I'll play around with mod-added chest options, at least to increase kingdom status back to stable (not sure if there is an option that allows to do that). Maybe this would give me some time to find this damn tomb.

    I'm so frustrsted, because all and all I think this game is worth finishing at least once.

    I assume you have kingdom management set to the easiest difficulty setting? On that setting your kingdom should never get destroyed.

    Also, did you look for Pike's Stretch? That's where the storybook event happens to find Armag's Tomb. You can Google Pike's Stretch to get a visual of the location.

  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    kanisatha wrote: »
    Cahir wrote: »
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    If you say things like "Baldur´s gate original sin" It´s understandable that nobody listens XD (In an unrelated thread about pathfinder)
    Cahir wrote: »
    If you passed the fisherman stuff you would know the location. If you did the scouting via kingdom management you would know the location. You should check the status of that quest in kingdom management. Either you didn't complete it or it's on your map.

    That's the point. I did the scouting. I had 2 scouting events, for which I have sent two of my companions. Each event resulting in Success and revealing a few locations that was undiscovered yet. None of those locations was Amarg's Tomb.
    Cahir, you can just load a previous save and use bag of tricks.

    What is bag of tricks? You mean a cheat option available by one of the mods I have installed? Well, I haven't thought about that, maybe I'll see if this can help me out. This doesn't change the fact that I *shouldn't* need to resort to cheating to complete a part of the *main quest*. I can miss a subquest or two, because it needs some investigative skills or a bit of creativity to complete it, but a main quest should be made in such a way, that player should know exactly what to do, to finish it. You can fail on it because it's difficult, or be disappointed with the end result, because you chose a bad RP decision along the way. This is all OK. But it's is not OK to stuck, or worse fail a main quest because the game misleads you, or doesn't tell you what to do next. I would be all OK if this quest looks like this:
    1. A barbarian raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... OK, pesty barbs, I'll drive them off)
    2. Another raid is hitting your kingdom (You think... crap, something is not right here)
    3. You have a journal entry telling you that you have to find the tomb *and* a couple of *suggestions* how to find it.
    4. You do what the game suggests and try to find the tomb.
    5. One of those suggestions pans out and tomb location is revealed.

    Now if you delay with searching the tomb *after* this journal entry pop up, the kingdom wreckage is entirely on you. You have been warned, and have been warned even further, by having to deal with consecutive barbarian hordes that diminishes the happiness of your kingdom.

    What is actually happened for me was:
    1. A barbarian raids started to happen, I repelled them, but I started to suspect something's wrong.
    2. I explored all the map to find any clues. Nothing. No new events connected with this, except more barbarian raids, occurred.
    3. Two scouting events were available after reaching next rank of Espionage. I completed them both. Some locations on the map were revealed, but nothing that would help me to solve barbarian raids issue.
    4. In the meantime I stumbled upon the boatman encounter and finishes it. I admit, I was not reading it carefully in its entirety, but I'm 100% sure I passed all the tests. I chose Amiri to go with the water submerging test. But at this point I had completely no idea that this encounter is in any way connected with barbarian raids that haunted my domain.
    5. Barbarian raids escalated to barbarian hordes and started to wreck my kingdom, greatly diminishes its status.
    6. Journal entry popped up, telling me that I need to find Amarg's Tomb, without any clues how to find it. But it gave me hope, that some options *will unlock* I'll just need to explore the map more, or wait a bit for some event to kick in. At this point my kingdom status was *Riots*.
    7. I tried to explore the map again in hope that a tomb or any other location reveal itself, giving me a way to complete this quest.
    8. Couple of days passed, and the game showed me a middle finger, by presenting a nice Game Over screen.
    Pathfinder Kingmaker is the best game of the last decades.

    Definitely not. One of the most frustrating? Maybe. It was a very promising game that has been butchered by completely unintuitive design of some of its elements and the fact that the story is driven by kingdom management and kingdom events instead of solving quests and exploring interesting locations. You can explore, yes, but it's so boring. Each and every location looks similar. A winding path ending with a cave, or a small dungeon that looks exactly the same as the one you previously completed.

    If I could praise some part of the game, though, it's companions. They are very interesting, well written and I think I liked all of them (yes even Harrim ). If I was more oriented on character builds and generally on game mechanics, this would be probably another positive aspect of the game, because the game is insanely complex in this aspect. But since I'm more RP oriented player, I needed to install TB mod, just to be able to beat most of the fights.

    It's still the better than PoE1, even if I'll probably won't finish it.

    I understand you are frustrated about what seems to be a bug of some sorts that seems to not be so common but I read posts here of people "quitting" the game because of the spider cave swarms at chapter one or the ambush of Nyrissa and came back later when the rage passed and finally enjoyed the game.

    Give it a try after some time off. I promise the game is worth it.

    I'll play around with mod-added chest options, at least to increase kingdom status back to stable (not sure if there is an option that allows to do that). Maybe this would give me some time to find this damn tomb.

    I'm so frustrsted, because all and all I think this game is worth finishing at least once.

    I assume you have kingdom management set to the easiest difficulty setting? On that setting your kingdom should never get destroyed.

    Also, did you look for Pike's Stretch? That's where the storybook event happens to find Armag's Tomb. You can Google Pike's Stretch to get a visual of the location.

    No, I didn't set kingdom management to the easiest difficulty, I installed a mod instead, that allowed me to tweak it to my liking. It's not a chore now as it was on default setting, but it's not fully painless either (i.e it doesn't prevent kingdom to be wrecked by events such as barbarian horde raids). I'll try to find a setting in bag of tricks mod that would allow me to pass this quest through and then switch it back to current settings. I don't want to resort to cheating unless I absolutely have to.

    Yes, I visited the Pike's Stretch and as I wrote before I'm 100% sure I passed the tests with Amiri. So if this should reveal Amarg's Tomb location, it didn't. Maybe it would if I have this quest already active back then, don't know. As I've said before, either it's a very bad design or I stumbled upon a nasty bug.

  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,719
    This is just your local Kingmaker mod news:
    Folks who are fans of the Swashbuckler class might want to check out the newly released Derring-Do mod. Also comes with an archetype specialized in using rapiers known as Inpsired Blade. :)

    Vallmyr
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,409
    Ok I ended up cheating my way out, by revealing all hidden locations, using Bag of Tricks mod. It's a VERY suboptimal solution, but it was the only thing I could really do at this point.

    I finished Armag's tomb quest and now I should repair my kingdom's morale.

    My only fear now is that I will accidentally fail some quest, by entering a previously hidden, and now revealed location, to which I don't suppose to enter before specific quest triggers. Need to be careful with this from now on.

  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 590
    Don't worry about that, locations you are not meant to enter are protected in game. I think it's Pitax next from where you are in the game, feel free to try to enter, you won't be able to.

    Cahir
Sign In or Register to comment.