Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    ALIEN wrote: »
    Cahir wrote: »
    One question, though. If I use the function to Disable Force Pausing On Warning, I'll still can get an info about warnings during installation from logs, right?

Yes.
    Those should be installed first and you need to switch to BG2EE to do it. After that you switch to EET and install everything from the sorting list in one go. PI will install everything as described above.
    Not quite correct, but I blame confusing 'EET' entry at the game list. See below.

@Atherakhia As per FAQ, everything before EET is installed into SoD, everything else on BG2EE, no matter which game entry ('BG2EE' or 'EET') you will choose.

Yeah, you're right, when I've wrote BGEE I actually meant SoD.
  • AtherakhiaAtherakhia Member Posts: 22
    Perfect, thanks both!
    Actually while we're on it, @ALIEN is it possible to implement a feature that would allow also installing mods that need to be installed on BG2EE in one go? Something like:

BGEE + SoD mods -> BG2EE only mods - > EET - > EET compatible mods.
    Actually while we're on it, @ALIEN is it possible to implement a feature that would allow also installing mods that need to be installed on BG2EE in one go? Something like:

That is essentially what I was asking for, well done for phrasing it better.

There are onyl 2 mods that I know of that should be installed on BG2EE pre-EET, @smeagolheart's Soundsets and @Daeros_Trollkiller's SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade. It's not a big deal to do this prior to starting the EET sequence, but would be handy to have a function to allow it as a single operation.
    I've been thinking that this actually would be hard of implement. I mean how PI would now which mods prior to EET should be installed on BGEE and which on BG2EE? I think it may be done by creating a short list (of currently two mods as @Atherakhia mendioned) of mods that need to be installed on BG2EE and implement that feature in a way that if PI detects one of the mods from the list before EET it will install them on BG2EE instead of trying to install them on BGEE. This list could be further updated by adding new mods or removing those two when (if) they've got native EET compatibility. It won't be necessary to maintain this list 24/7, I don't expect it to be updated often.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461

@Gwendolyne You can now set
    ExpAllowDuplicatedMods=true

in ProjectInfinity.ini, PI will still complain but it allows normal workflow. Just don't install any of the duplicated mods via PI.

Thanks. I did not try yet to use it for my testings, but at least I can select mods now. It seems that the duplicated tp2 pop up window has disappeared ?
  • TheImpTheImp Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2020
    @ALIEN, this: "https://github.com/InfinityMods/Ascension/ " is not where you download the mod from, it's from here: "https://github.com/InfinityMods/Ascension/releases ". This is wrong in every cheese post of yours and probably in the tool too, in every cheese mod address ! And I have posted about this many times now.
    Fix it.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Gwendolyne wrote: »
    Thanks. I did not try yet to use it for my testings, but at least I can select mods now. It seems that the duplicated tp2 pop up window has disappeared ?

If you enabled duplicated mods, no need for popups. The info will still be displayed/logs will report them.

@TheImp There is nothing to 'fix' because nothing is broken: mods hosted at GitHub are updated via auto-update feature, others have different links.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited May 2020
    can i convert my installation order from https://baldursextendedworld.com/Install-Tool/ to PI?
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    zur321, that would be a killer-feature for me.
    I haven'r read that it's possible, but I realy, realy hope @ALIEN can implement it.
    That way you could use the advantages of both programms.
    @zur312 @Timbo0o0o0

The install order from Roxanne is not created with cooperation with active modders, so I can't really recommend using it. But since you can convert old BWS data via these instructions, it should not be difficult to use Roxanne files as source.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2020
    I am trying this for the first time and I get stuck here:
    5. In the main window locate the text box labeled "Extracted mods". Use the browsing button to it's right to select the folder where you extracted all your mods. After a few seconds, the mods panel will be refreshed and "Default/Unassigned" can now be expanded.
    6. In the mods panel expand the "Default/Unassigned" section in order to see all detected mods.
    In step 5. I can click the + button in front of all default/unassigned mod names but that just makes the mod disappear from the list. None of them expand as 6. suggests.

Any ideas on what may be the cause (Win10 64bit)?

EDIT: And then I noticed McAfee threw Weidu-246.exe under the bus.
    I added an exception and it seems to stay nows so I can continue. Do I need to update the exception for every Weidu release now? I hope not, but what is your impression?
    Post edited by lroumen on
    edited May 2020
    lroumen wrote: »
    EDIT: And then I noticed McAfee threw Weidu-246.exe under the bus.
    I added an exception and it seems to stay nows so I can continue. Do I need to update the exception for every Weidu release now? I hope not, but what is your impression?
    Yep, that's McAfee fault. Unless you will throw away this piece of crappy software, you will have to add an exception for every Weidu release.
    Okay, thanks. Thing is, it is the cheapest antivirus that does not drive me nuts.
    Okay, thanks. Thing is, it is the cheapest antivirus that does not drive me nuts.

Try build-in Windows Defender, it's perfectly fine for common users.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

There are plenty of free options that offer better protection, Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, Bitdefender Free, Sophos... They are free so test them all and see which you prefer.
    I did. I will just cope with the exception making.
    Thank you for the kind suggestions.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    On my computer I have Windows 10 Home installed which is 64 bit. I try to install ProjectInfinity.exe but get the error message "This app won't run on your PC, check with the Software publisher." I have already installed the Gog version of BG1EE Sod and BG2 EE.

1) Is my system OK. I cannot see anything wrong with it myself.

2) Should I have done anything else before trying to run ProjectInfinity.exe ?
    @Wise_Grimwald I have no idea what could cause this. Try to https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-windows-smartscreen-in-windows-10/ or enable developer mode.
    ## 0.7.19
    • Experimental: Allow Duplicated Mods
    • Experimental: Disable Pause On Warning
    • Experimental: Disable Pause On Error

@Gwendolyne You can now set
    ExpAllowDuplicatedMods=true

in ProjectInfinity.ini, PI will still complain but it allows normal workflow. Just don't install any of the duplicated mods via PI.

@Cahir You can now set
    ExpDisablePauseOnWarning=true

in ProjectInfinity.ini, PI won't pause installation when warning occurs.

As for "uninstall mods one by one starting from the last installed" I will try to implement this.

As for bold part. It would be even better if you could set up a specific mod in your install order and PI would unistall all mods starting from selected mod and then reinstall them in the same order. Now sure it is even possible to do (it sounds really complicated to implement) but that would allow updating mods mid game (I think).
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    @Wise_Grimwald I have no idea what could cause this. Try to https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-windows-smartscreen-in-windows-10/ or enable developer mode.

Thanks @Alien That appears to have been the problem. It is now allowing me to run the program. I haven't done it yet as I want to ensure that I have a clean installation first. I will copy all the save games character files, screenshots, portraits etc. to a new location first so that I can have a COMPLETELY fresh installation. I expect that running it the first time will not be easy, but since I was able to get BWS to work, (albeit not exactly as I wanted it to) I expect that after one or two tries I will get it to work something like I want it to.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    edited May 2020
    Atherakhia wrote: »

There are onyl 2 mods that I know of that should be installed on BG2EE pre-EET, @smeagolheart's Soundsets and @Daeros_Trollkiller's SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade. It's not a big deal to do this prior to starting the EET sequence, but would be handy to have a function to allow it as a single operation.

@ALIEN - so I'm trying to use Project Infinity for the first time, and I have to admit this above step has me a little confused. I read the discussion on it on the previous page - but I dont know how to do the BG2 before EET install with the tool.

Would simply installing the SOD item upgrade mod directly (not through the tool) into the BG2EE folder work? Do I select SOD in the top left, check just the SOD item upgrade component, run an install, uncheck it - select EET and then check all of the boxes for the components that I want to install and run the install after that?

Thank you in advance for the help!

@ALIEN - so I'm trying to use Project Infinity for the first time, and I have to admit this above step has me a little confused. I read the discussion on it on the previous page - but I dont know how to do the BG2 before EET install with the tool.

Would simply installing the SOD item upgrade mod directly (not through the tool) into the BG2EE folder work? Do I select SOD in the top left, check just the SOD item upgrade component, run an install, uncheck it - select EET and then check all of the boxes for the components that I want to install and run the install after that?

My install order may help: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fHxfvbWTJ8CIqu9V5--W0pxmERGz948KMJFWLp7YzfQ

This appears stable up to Chapter 4 in BGEE excluding one bug with relocated Dorn.

You can provide game directories (in setttings cog) for "BGIIEE", "BGIIEE for EET" and "Path to clean, unmodded "Seige of Dragonspear" game for EET", then select BG2EE as the target directory (from the dropdown in the top left), paste (or create your own) install order in the bottom right and install. Once that is done, change the top left dropdown to EET and install the rest.

As it is only 2 mods, you can also just install them manually with Weidu on BG2EE before running your EET install. They do not work if installed after EET or on BGEE.
    edited May 2020
    You can provide game directories (in setttings cog) for "BGIIEE", "BGIIEE for EET" and "Path to clean, unmodded "Seige of Dragonspear" game for EET", then select BG2EE as the target directory (from the dropdown in the top left), paste (or create your own) install order in the bottom right and install. Once that is done, change the top left dropdown to EET and install the rest.

Not quite correct (especially when you have 2 separate BG2EE copies) - you don't need to switch the game from BG2EE to EET. You just have to split installation into two parts: the one with mods for BG2EE pre-EET, one with mods for BGSoD-part + EET + BG2EE mods.

My install order may help: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fHxfvbWTJ8CIqu9V5--W0pxmERGz948KMJFWLp7YzfQ

This appears stable up to Chapter 4 in BGEE excluding one bug with relocated Dorn.

As it is only 2 mods, you can also just install them manually with Weidu on BG2EE before running your EET install. They do not work if installed after EET or on BGEE.

This has revealed to me that I understand less of what I'm doing than I thought (Especially after consulting your install order document - thanks for providing that).

So I've got a bunch of install order groups. I was under the impression that I wanted to place any mod that is local only to BG1EE + SoD at the top (it has its own group), then put the core EET file in its group, and all of the mods that are either in BG2EE or are universal across the rest of the groups below it (before ending with EET_end).

Consulting your document, I see tthis is not exactly how you sorted. You have things like BG1NPC installed after EET core. You have BGQE after EET core as well.

So I guess my new question is: What exactly goes into the header area before EET installs, and how do you decide what you're putting after EET core?
    @BallpointMan this is the good reference what should go before EET Core and what after: https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html

Basically all mods from the first (shorter) list should go before EET Core and mods from second (longer) list should go after EET Core.
    edited May 2020
    @BallpointMan this is the good reference what should go before EET Core and what after: https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html

Basically all mods from the first (shorter) list should go before EET Core and mods from second (longer) list should go after EET Core.

Yeah, okay. That's the list I was consulting when I was deciding where to install mods.

Thanks for the help @Cahir

Edit - and I just saw that BG1NPC is on both lists. I'm guessing 24.2 is now EET compatible, so it can go after the core install.

Yeah, okay. That's the list I was consulting when I was deciding where to install mods.

Thanks for the help @Cahir

Edit - and I just saw that BG1NPC is on both lists. I'm guessing 24.2 is now EET compatible, so it can go after the core install.

Yes, you're correct. It seems v24.2 is not yet thoroughly tested, so @jastey decided to keep also older version on the list of mods that should be installed on BGEE before EET. But I think you can safely install 24.2 on EET. Remember that BG1 NPC Project Music Pack is not natively EET compatible, so you *should* install it before EET. But BG1 NPC Readme says that those 2 mods can be installed in any order, so this is also not an issue.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @BallpointMan @Cahir Even better would be to install the current v24.8. ;) It should be fairly stable on EET.
    jastey wrote: »
    @BallpointMan @Cahir Even better would be to install the current v24.8. ;) It should be fairly stable on EET.

Yeah, I stuck in the past, sorry ?