Skip to content

[Mod] Endless BG1 - A Mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
edited September 2021 in BG:EE Mods
Endless BG1 Modification

for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

For the EE games, the main aim of this mod is to provide the possibility to remain in the BG1 "world" after Sarevok is defeated. Original progressing/ending of the game will be done by talking to Duke Belt inside the Palace.
For EET, it also adds the possibility to move on to BGII by skipping SoD completely. This was included because it was easy to add, not because I think it should be skipped. (Also note that there might be mods that expect SoD events to have happened in BGII).

For BGT, the main component of the mod adds some praise for the PC to Duke Belt's dialogue and removes some oversights with regard to references to Sarevok after he died.

There are several optional components that give more flavor to the situation and prepare for the SoD story events in all games. For most additional content I was inspired by how Baldur's Gate city looks in SoD. Two components are for SoD/EET only.

Note: The current version is now compatible with 2.6.

Content:
1 Main Component (Required)
2 More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate (Includes PC's Residence Inside Palace)
3 Short Public Hero Tribute (SoD/EET Only)
4 Sarevok's Unique Items
5 Sarevok's Sword
6 Imoen and Duke Jannath (Imoen Gets Residence Inside Palace)
7 Duke Eltan Is in the Palace
8 Flaming Fist After Final Fight
9 Elminster Makes an Appearance
10 First Refugees Come to Baldur's Gate (SoD/EET Only)
11 Ophyllis the Treasurer Is Inside Palace Dungeon (SoD/EET Only)
12 Denkod in Thieves' Guild Comments on Sarevok's Death
13 Skip Thieves' Maze Once After Sarevok's Death

The BAMs for Sarevok's unique items where taken out of Tantalus' Sarevok Recovery Mod, licensed under "Creative Commons" von Nicolas Peters (License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) and are subject to the same license.

Read the Readme

Visit the Forum

Modpage at GibberlingsThree

Modpage at Kerzenburgforum

Download at GibberlingsThree

Download at GitHub
Post edited by jastey on
memoryLudwig_IIStummvonBordwehrAciferPermidion_StarkEekanImpronaldockoeBrokenkatanaVasculioleeuxThacoBellGusindaShinMantis37Aaeightmegamike15DjinnTimbo0o0o0ArdulUlbNecromanx2ilduderinoThrasymachusjmaeqramiZaghoul

Comments

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    This looks awesome, I'll try it in my next playthrough. Thanks Jastey.
    jastey
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    I've been wanting a mod like this for a long time. Thanks for working on this! Any chance Sarevok's armor and helmet will eventually make their way to BG2EE?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited January 2020
    Well, you could install Tantalus' mod and Sarevok will have his armor when he joins in ToB. :)
    Apart from that I didn't think about this yet, as I think it's not scope of this mod.
    And thanks for the kind words!
    Known bugs:
    -in EET going into the second level of the palace will crash the game. @Shin posted a quick fix here.
    -the two people laying in the maze will despawn before Sarevok's death

Planned changes:
    -for the next version, I will split the Sarevok's items component into two so the sword additions will become a separate install to make the mod compatible with BGTTweaks
    - @swit mentioned UB Elminster lines for after Sarevok is dead so I will check to use those instead of my own.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    @jastey, here are the dialogue files that I've mentioned:
    Elminster - ELMINS.DLG
    Volo - VOLO.DLG (as mentioned this one doesn't need any change since it just uses Dead() trigger)
    edited January 2020
    Thanks! It seems Elminster has three different lines depending on the PC's alignment/behavior (when to show which would be to be determined). Interesting!
    IF ~ False()
    ~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from:
    SAY #12741 /* ~Well, hello, friend! 'Twould seem thy journeys turned out for the best after all. I would not expect many great accolades for the killing of Sarevok, however. I imagine that the whole incident shall be hushed rather immediately. Rest assured, though, that many of the prominent citizens of the realms know of thy service and are grateful. A friendly word of warning, however. Those same citizens are watching. See that thou dost not pose as much a threat as thy brother did lest another group of young heroes need be dispatched to deal with thee. Luck be with thee.~ */
    IF ~~ THEN EXIT
    END

IF ~ False()
    ~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
    SAY #12742 /* ~I see that thou hast survived the trials and tribulations set before thee. I cannot say that I am overly pleased with that, what with thy behavior as a whole. The destruction of Sarevok is a small consolation if thou art determined to follow in his murderous stead. Consider well thy course and destination. 'Twould be a shame to see thee end thy life in the same manner as thy brother.~ */
    IF ~~ THEN EXIT
    END

IF ~ False()
    ~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from:
    SAY #12743 /* ~Why, hello! A glorious end to this bit of unpleasant business, was it not? I would not expect great accolades for your efforts, however, as this matter is likely to be hushed as soon as possible. Still, many of the realm know of thy battle and think highly of thee for it. A great evil has been routed. Let us hope that others of this unfortunate heritage do not seek the same path.~ */
    IF ~~ THEN EXIT
    END
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2020
    I really like the effort done with your mod to improve the story addition from SOD.

It give me an idea of modding something alike for a Sarevok return to Baldur's gate in EET :)
    jastey
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    wow, Jastey, your mods really never cease to amaze me! <3
    jasteyIseweinStummvonBordwehrTimbo0o0o0
    For all using the German version. please use new version 2.1!...
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited January 2020
    Looking forward to trying this mod :D
    jastey
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2020
    Minor nitpick: Shouldn't it be Duchess Jannath, or does she actually use the male style in the game ?
    edited January 2020
    I did not check explicitely, but I always thought it's "Duke" in BG1. I'll have to check when I'm home.
    Isewein wrote: »
    Minor nitpick: Shouldn't it be Duchess Jannath, or does she actually use the male style in the game ?

There are two references in BG1 where she is addressed as "Grand Duchess Liia Jannath".
    But in SoD, she is addressed as "(Grand) Duke Liia Jannath" even if addressed alone (and not together with the male Dukes).
    AaeightAciferStummvonBordwehr
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited April 2020
    I recently finished my BG1 run using this mod and this was an excellent transition into SoD. I always thought it would be better in terms of story progression that you should be able to start Tales of the Sword Coast content after Sarevok is dead. Now for the first time I've done that, and afterwards eased my way into SoD so smoothly.

This is just one of those mods which I didn't know that I needed it, and now I can't play without it. Thank you so much for this awesome mod jastey.
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on
    jasteyAciferAaeby
    Thanks for the kind words @Ludwig_II !
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2020
    I can't seem to find an exe file? I downloaded it off github (all 3 versions) and there's no exe. I'm confused.

Edit: oh derp I found it. Thanks :D
    Yes, the properly named zip is all you need. Glad you found it! Wouldn't be the first time I'd forgot to put one in.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2020
    jastey wrote: »
    Isewein wrote: »

There are two references in BG1 where she is addressed as "Grand Duchess Liia Jannath".
    But in SoD, she is addressed as "(Grand) Duke Liia Jannath" even if addressed alone (and not together with the male Dukes).

Curious. Her using the male style to me implies that she is filling a position otherwise occupied exclusively by men and thus goes by "Duke" to distinguish herself from a mere consort (comp. "King" Jadwiga of Poland). I am no expert when it comes to Faerunian gender politics, but the general prevalence of female rulers suggests that this should not really be necessary, and that she should rather be fine going by the female title.
    For me, this is a cosmetic thing I admit. I'll change it to whatever the community decides. :D
    For me, with "Duke" being used in SoD, it is more consistent to call her Duke here, as well. But I agree that this doesn't make sense for BGT nor if Jannath was just called Duchess during the ceremony (although I'm not sure her title is mentioned during the scene).
    Oh this mod makes the final fight no longer a kill Sarevok as fast as possible fest :P I actually had to kill everyone and the doomguards T_T

That said love how smooth it felt and getting to do Durlag's after dealing with Sarevok is perfect.
    Aaemforever
    Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the changes from the mod.

It's an interesting point. So far, in the EE the fight was over as soon as Sarevok died as far as I know also for SoD, even in BGT I think the minions are removed once he is dead.
    Ryz009
    edited May 2020
    Yeah I'm not saying it in a negative way :) It was a good surprise and made perfect sense and was very immersive. (Of course the flaming fist show up once everything's dealt with the useless lugs (least they could rez the one person who died for me lol) :P )

Also it gives me more time to *finally* get Dorn's conversations to trigger. I swear in BG1 they take forever it's ridiculous.
    Post edited by Ryz009 on
    Ryz009 wrote: »
    (Of course the flaming fist show up once everything's dealt with the useless lugs (least they could rez the one person who died for me lol)
    Yes, they were as fast as they could, Belt's teleportation power was exhausted, you have to understand that. ;)

Ryz009
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @jastey
    If we're using EET to be able to revisit old places and we aren't skipping SoD, what are the main benefits of this mod?
    edited May 2020
    For EET after Sarevok's defeat you will be transferred directly into the beginning of SoD (Korlaz' Tomb), with BG city being only partly available and full of refugees and the SoD campaign starting.
    With this mod, after Sarevok's defeat you will remain in the BG1-city* and will have closure of the BG1 story (by reporting to the Dukes) and a softened transition to SoD where you can decide when to start the SoD campaign.

*With acces to all other BG1 places as originally, of course, but for EET I guess the city and the flow of the story would be the main difference.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Ok, I love the idea of this mod, but my BG1 is already heavily modded. Can this be installed at the end, or do I need to reset the mod folder and reinstall everything?
    edited June 2020
    @Maurvir I think installing it later should work. I wouldn't recommend it but it's not as sensitive as Imoen4Ever which has to come early or it might eat reply options if other mods changed the order of them. EBG1 mainly adds stuff so that should be ok.
    Aaemforever