Skip to content

[MOD] Items of the Planes

AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
edited September 2022 in PST:EE Mods
Items of the Planes is a mod that changes the various weapons and gear available in Planescape: Torment in a manner akin to Item Revision for the Baldur's Gate series of games. The goal of this mod is to make itemization slightly more interesting, and make combat a bit more interesting instead of some arbitrary tactical slogs in between dialog menus.

The latest release of this mod is available on Github.

The mod was made with several design philosophies in mind, as are explained. A full index of the items changed by this mod is available in the posts below.

Standardized Weapons

Weapon design in Planescape is all over the place. Items of the same class have vastly different mechanical numbers attached (e.g. there are punch daggers that deal 1d2 damage all the way to 4d4). Absolute first order of business is establishing a baseline for all weapons of a given "type".

The types are defined as follows:
- Axes: d8 slashing damage; usable by Fighters
- Clubs: d6 crushing damage; usable by Fighters and Thieves
- Hammers: d8 crushing damage; usable by Fighters and Priests*
- Maces: d6 crushing/piercing damage; usable by Fighters and Priests*
- Daggers: d4 slashing/piercing damage;; usable by Fighters, Mages, and Thieves
- Punch Daggers: d3 piercing damage; +1 Attack per Round; usable by Fighters and Thieves
- Gauntlets: d3 crushing damage, +1 Attack per Round; usable by everyone.

Maces are now grouped with Hammers rather than Clubs for the purposes of Proficiency.

Expectation vs. Reality

Did you know that Vhailor's Axe actually receives no bonuses against Chaotic enemies, despite the description claiming "[t]he considerable damage it causes to an opponent is doubled if the axe strikes a guilty or chaotic creature"? Did you also know that The Justifier, despite explicitly stating that it was "designed to aid the followers of good and maim the followers of evil" has no alignment restriction, nor any damage bonus against Evil enemies. These kinds of inconsistencies are present in dozens of items present in the game. No longer. Any description of the enchantments of the item will accurately describe what the item does (perhaps with slight tweaks to the description or the actual effect).

For example, Vhailor's Axe "Final Judgment" now has the Axiomatic property (+2 to damage vs. non-lawful; +2 more damage [+4 total] vs. chaotic), while his armor grants him the effects of a permanent Protection from Chaos (+2 to AC and saves vs. chaotic creatures) effect.

The Planes of Balance

Mage items in Planescape Torment are comically overpowered. The best in slot Mage-exclusive earring gives 2 1st level spell slots and +2 Armor Class; the best Thief exclusive earring gives +10% bonus to Stealth. The former is better than all other earrings, while the latter can't even rival the mediocre faction earrings. Mages in Planescape can actually get more AC than Fighters through combination of the Mage-exclusive Magus Guard + Ring Zero + Ring of Thex (which, in addition to a total base AC of -3, provides +20 Max HP, +3 Int, +1 spell slot per level, and +2 to all saves).

Having made my point, part of this mod seeks to normalize balance within item groups, and make sure that Fighters, Mages and Thieves all have gear of equivalent power available to them.

Missing Items

There are a few items for which I haven't been able to come up with interesting designs that work within the game's framework. I have listed them below; be aware that some of these items may be minor spoilers. If you have any ideas for how to change these items, especially cool or unique effects that would feel out of place in other Infinity Engine games, please leave a comment.

- Eye of Vecna

There are also a few items that I have changed, but haven't come up with a good way to obtain them in game. If you have ideas for where to put there, let me know.

- Rat-tail Bracelet: Xaositect only, linked to Barking-Wilder but currently unobtainable
- Indep Earring: Indep only (aka Annah only), no way to get it described in game

Upcoming Changes

Here is a list of the items (and changes) that I have implemented in my alpha version, but haven't published for release yet. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

- More Major Tattoos
- Alignment Boons: some additional items for non-LG characters, including some changes to the Grimoire of Pestilential Thought

Acknowledgements

I want to thank kjeron for his help with UI changes to enable some of the functionalities of this mod and demivrgvs for Item Revisions, which inspired this mod in the first place. Thanks also to the Unearthed Arcana team (subtledoctor and Grammarsalad) for putting up with my random ideas at 3am when it had been 2 years since I'd updated a mod. Finally, thank to everyone who gave me feedback here, via email, or on Reddit about this mod and everyone who plays any of my mods.

As always, I'm open to questions, comments, and criticism. Happy planeswalking!
Post edited by Aquadrizzt on

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited September 2022

Axes

Base Properties

Damage: d8 Slashing
    Usability: Fighters (and Vhailor)
    Proficiency: Axes

Ascension

Equipped Abilities:
    - Immunity to normal weapons
    - Charisma: +1
    Enchanted: +1
    THAC0: +1 bonus
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 slashing
    Usable by: Godsmen

Comments: Reduced enchantment level by 1 (it's a store-bought weapon) and replaced the other bonuses with more thematic ones. Most DnD "Ascenscion" bonuses include immunity to normal weapons, which I think more than makes up for taking away the AC bonus.

Axe of the Jester

Combat Abilities:
    - Chaosforged: 1d8 additional damage of two different random elemental types (acid, cold, fire, lightning).
    Enchanted: +2
    THAC0: +2 bonus
    Damage: 1d8+2 slashing

Comments: The trolliest of troll items now actually has a purpose; it is the only source of elemental damage in the entire category. If people want it to be more "interesting", I'd welcome any suggestions to that effect.

Blindsider

Equipped Abilities:
    - Immunity to blind
    Combat Abilities:
    - Blinding: 20% chance on hit target is blinded for 2 rounds (no save)

Comments: Basically just made it work how it's description suggested.

Butcherer of Innocents

Combat Abilities:
    - Vampiric: drains one to four hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder
    - Bloodthirsty: the wielder gains a +1 bonus to hit and damage for 5 rounds on a kill.
    Usable by: Evil

Comments: I wanted to do some kind of berserker rage type thing for this axe (inspired from its description), but that's already covered by Hatred's Gift. A nice simple vampiric axe for Evil fighter TNOs.

Edge of Oblivion

Combat Abilities:
    - Annihilating Edge: deals 4d8 raw (magic) damage on attacks (no bonus damage from Strength).
    Enchanted: +3
    THAC0: +3 bonus
    Damage: None, see Combat Abilities.

Comments: It's an axe made from an Orb of Annihilation. The cold resistance/damage bonus seemed like a weird choice when Orbs of Annihilation deal magic damage and don't actually "feel" like anything. The current implementation deals a large amount of resistance-ignoring magic damage, but no physical damage, and does not gain damage bonuses from Strength. If it still isn't powerful enough, I could also add the chance to destroy on hit (via getting sucked into the Orb of Annihilation), but I think it's pretty powerful as is right now.

Hatred's Gift

*CURSED*
    Combat Abilities:
    - Berserking: the wielder goes berserk while in combat, losing control of themselves but gaining +1 Attack per Round and increased movement speed.
    - Chattering Skulls: deals 2d3 additional crushing damage on each attack.
    Usable by: Non-Lawful

Comments: Ye olde cursed berserking axe. Benefits for being enraged can be tweaked as necessary.

Heartgrinder

Equipped Abilities:
    - Constitution: +1
    Combat Abilities:
    - Lifebane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 damage to living creatures
    Damage: 1d8+1 slashing

Comments: The idea of a demon giving you an axe that is enchanted to kill living creatures make so much more sense than an axe that... does electricity damage... straight to the heart? I don't know what the description is trying to suggest, but I think this will make it an interesting weapon for TNOs willing to deal with demons.

Clubs

Base Properties

Damage: d6 Crushing
    Usability: Fighters, Thieves, Priests*
    Proficiency: Clubs

Club of Nettles

Combat Abilities:
    - Confusing: target must save vs. death or be confused for 2 rounds.
    Damage: 1d6+1 crushing

Comments: A nice, simple, and thematic effect.

Club of Piercing

Combat Abilities:
    - Piercing Blows: deals an additional 1d6 piercing damage.

Comments: Does what it says (and functions very similarly to vanilla).

Fiend Femur

Combat Abilities:
    - Fiendsbane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 damage to demons and devils

Comments: An alignment restriction might be necessary but IMO the legbone of a vengeful fiend shouldn't mind too much who wields it as long as they are killing fiends.

Pharod's Crutch

Equipped Abilities:
    - Immunity to poison and disease
    Damage: 1d6+2 crushing

Comments: A damage over time Disease effect would probably be most thematic, but I already have a Poison DoT weapon and a Piercing DoT weapon. Pharod was sickly, so immunity to disease and poison is the next best thing.

Arm of the Wretched Incarnation [New]

Equipped Abilities:
    - Pick Pockets: +30%
    - Detect Traps: -15%
    Combat Abilities:
    - Icy: deals 1d6 additional cold damage.
    Damage: 1d6+2 crushing

Comments: This is a replacement/upgrade of Severed Arm (Yours). Upon taking it to Fell, you can unlock its potential as a weapon. It's absorbed quite a bit of magic lingering in the Weeping Stone catacombs. Bonuses are inspired by the tattoos you can take off of it.

Vrock Club

Combat Abilities:
    - Spores: 20% chance on hit target must save vs. death or beinfected with toxic spores for 5 rounds, dealing 1 poison damage every 2 seconds
    Damage: 1d6+3 crushing

Comments: Given that half of the clubs seem to be themed around poison/DoT, this is the one I've chosen to give the actual poison effect to.

Daggers

Base Properties

Damage: d4 Slashing/Piercing
    Usability: Fighters, Thieves, Mages
    Proficiency: Edged

Adahn's Dagger

Combat Abilities:
    - Anarchic: deals 2 additional damage to non-chaotic targets, and 4 additional damage (total) to lawful targets.
    Damage: 1d4+1 slashing/piercing

Comments: Currently it's an "Anarchic Dagger +1". There might be something cooler possible by having it scale with TNO's alignment to chaos, but for now it'll do.

Backbiter

Equipped Abilities:
    - Backstab multiplier increased by 1.
    - Stealth: +20% bonus
    Usable by: Thieves

Comments: A nice, simple, backstabbing weapon.

Blade of the Immortal

Combat Abilities:
    - Vorpal: slays targets on a successful critical hit
    Damage: 1d4+3 slashing/piercing
    Usable by: The Nameless One

Comments: This is more of a plot item than a weapon, but I've included and updated it anyway. The Vorpal property might be busted, but you'll get this absurdly late so it should be fine.

Chaos Feather [Restored]

Combat Abilities:
    - Confusing: target must save vs. spell or be confused for 5 rounds.
    Damage: 1d4+2 slashing/piercing

Comments: Restored in Unfinished Business. The only access to a real CC status effect in the entire Edged weapon class.

Enlightenment

Equipped Abilities:
    - Experience Gain: +10% bonus
    - Wisdom: +1

Comments: The wisdom bonus from a weapon called Enlightenment is obvious. The experience gain bonus is probably a bit uninspired, but I couldn't think of something better.

Fiend's Blood Dagger

Equipped Abilities:
    - Demonic Ichor: Non-evil targets must save vs. death (-2 penalty) or be poisoned for 5 rounds., taking 1 damage per 6 seconds (1 damage per 2 seconds for Good characters).
    - Hellfire: Deals 1d4 additional fire damage against non-Evil targets (2d4 against Good targets).
    Usable by: Non-Good

Comments: There's already a poison dagger, but there aren't very many "bonuses against good" weapons, so this seemed like a nice opportunity to flesh out that identity.

Kaarlac's Knife

Equipped Abilities:
    - Doubles all 1st level Mage spells.
    Usable by: Mages

Comments: There are a lot of "doubles 1st level spells" effects available, but I've decided that the mage double specialization dagger is probably the best home for such a strong effect.

Last Resort [Restored]

*CURSED*
    Combat Abilities:
    - Unavoidable: this weapon always hits.
    Damage: 1d4 slashing/piercing

Comments: Restored and available for purchase from Vrischika. The item's background suggested an effect that was consistent but unimpressive in most situations. I think a cursed item that is guaranteed to hit for a tiny amount of damage is an interesting trade-off in a game like PST. In v0.2, I nerfed its damage back to that of an unenchanted dagger and halved its price (can't have a cursed dagger be too appealing).

Mad Splinter

Combat Abilities:
    - Cursing: target must save vs. spell or be cursed (-2 penalty to attack, damage, and saves) for 1 turn.

Comments: More thematic effect for the curse-slinging mage statue in the Gallery.

Porphatys Blade

Combat Abilities:
    - Acidic: deals 1d4 additional acid damage.
    - Icy: deals 1d4 additional cold damage.

Comments: Porphatys is a plane filled with acidic snow. Furthermore, there are several cursed berserking daggers and I don't think anyone using daggers rather than better weapons can afford to be berserking.

Ravel's FIngernail

Combat Abilities:
    - Black Barbs: 20% chance to cast Black-barbed Curse on target, dealing 4d4 piercing damage.
    - Festering: target must save vs. death or become diseased for 5 rounds, becoming slowed and taking 2 damage each round.
    Damage: 1d4+3 slashing/piercing

Comments: I wanted there to be at least one +3 dagger available, and this seemed like the best option. A good contender for an end-game weapon for dagger users.

Runeblade

Equipped Abilities:
    - Runes of Power: Deal +20% elemental and magic damage.
    Usable by: Mage

Comments: There are limited sources of magic damage from enemies in this game, and I'd much rather that weapons offer offensive bonuses than defensive ones (there are so many gear slots available for that). A good weapon to wield for damage-focused Mages.

Uhir's Knife

Equipped Abilities:
    - Luck: +1 bonus

Comments: It does exactly what you'd expect from it's description. Functionally this is better than a +2 dagger (between the bonus to rolls, and the increased min roll on damage dice). It's relatively easy to obtain early in the game, but it'll hold its own until you transition to better gear.

Widowmaker

Equipped Abilities:
    - Immune to poison
    Combat Abilities:
    - Spider's Kiss: target must save vs. death or be poisoned for 5 rounds, taking 1 damage per second.

Comments: I tried to differentiate the Coaxmetal thief weapons (the other one being Backbiter). This one is supposed to evoke more of a poison-assassin vibe, rather than the pure martial assassin that Backbiter does. Poison effects like this also completely shred mages.

Gauntlets/Knuckles

Base Properties

Damage: d3 Crushing
    Attacks per Round: +1
    Usability: Any
    Proficiency: Fist

Assassin's Knuckles

Combat Abilities:
    - Slashing Blows: deals 1d3 additional slashing damage.
    - Paralyzing Toxin: target must save vs. death or be paralyzed for 5 rounds.
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Dual-wielded: +1 attack per round
    Damage: 1d3 + 2 crushing
    Usable by: Fighters and Thieves

Comments: There is already a silencing weapon (PD of Shar), an Executing weapon (PD of True Death), and a backstab weapon (PD of Zar'Anun) available for Thieves wanting to assassinate people. This keeps the stunning aspect while not just being a barrage of different status effects.

Gauntlets of Rending [Restored]

Combat Abilities:
    - Rending: on a successful hit, deal +2d6 slashing damage on melee hits for 3 seconds.
    Equipped Abilities:

Comments: Restored in Unfinished Business. Few items make use of the double attack per round effect of fist items I've introduced quite as well as this one. If you hit your first attack of a round, your second does a massive amount of extra damage. The theme is that of a werewolf or some other creature with two claw attacks plus a bite.

Gauntlets of Teeth

*CURSED*
    Combat Abilities:
    - Gnashing Teeth: deals 1d3 additional crushing damage on each attack.
    - Hunger: if you haven't dealt hit an enemy in the past 1 turn, reduce your max HP by 2 (for 8 hours) once per round.
    - Devouring: successful hits reduce the target's max HP by 2 (for 8 hours).
    Equipped Abilities:

Comments: These are some of the highest damage (effectively 2d3 + 4 per hit) fist weapons in the game. It will happily eat you if you don't feed it someone else.

Shards of Fate

Combat Abilities:
    - Slaying: on a successful hit, the target is slain (no save) and this weapon is destroyed.
    Equipped Abilities:
    Damage: 1d3 + 3 crushing

Comments: A high roll on the damage of this item in vanilla is sufficient to kill basically any enemy in the game that is not resistant to the damage and is not a certain overleveled end-game boss. As such, I've simplified its effect. You get one free kill on any target in the game. Entering a certain end-game zone will destroy this item, so you don't get to cheese the final boss.

Siphon Knuckles

Combat Abilities:
    - Vampiric: drains one to four hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder
    Equipped Abilities:
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 crushing

Comments: A nice, easy sustain item for early to mid game.

Spiked Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Equipped Abilities:
    - Strength: +2 (+100 exceptional)
    Damage: 1d3 + 2 crushing/piercing

Comments: It functions as you'd expect. The spikes grant it crush/pierce instead of just crush as a damage type; this difference will rarely come up.

Hammers

Base Properties

Damage: d8 Crushing
    Usability: Fighters, Priests
    Proficiency: Hammers

Argent Hammer

Combat Abilities:
    - Rune of Force: deals 1d4 additional magic damage.
    - Knockback: on a critical hit, knocks the target 20 feet away (no save).
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 crushing
    Usable by: Fighters

Comments: This is the new first tier specialization weapon for Fighters (available from Coaxmetal). Hammers as a class lack CC, and while I didn't want to step on the toes of the maces they compete with, I did want to make sure at least one of them provided some variety of soft CC.

Brimstone Hammer

Combat Abilities:
    - Fiery: deals 1d8 additional fire damage.

Comments: Ye olde weapon with elemental damage. This item is no longer available from Coaxmetal.

Foolsmiter

Combat Abilities:
    - Foolsbane: deals 8 additional magic damage against foes with less than 10 Intelligence.
    Requires: 16 Intelligence

Comments: I think this implementation is fine, although a lot of creatures have placeholder ability scores so this might deal the bonus damage against creatures you wouldn't expect it to work on. Could probably be refined in the future. I cannot implement the bonus to attacks from Foolsbane (due to the way the opcode works). I would entertain bumping the to hit bonus up to +2 to compensate for this.

Hammer of Comminution

Combat Abilities:
    - Crushing: inflicts 1d4 additional points of crushing damage.
    - Fracturing: 50% chance on hit to reduce target's AC by 1 for 1 turn
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 crushing

Comments: No where does the description reference acid damage, just smashing things to a pulp. It does that now.

Reason

Equipped Abilities:
    - Intelligence: +1
    - Immunity to charm and fear

Comments: The intelligence bonus is easy to conceptualize. The current immunity to charm and fear might not be relevant enough to justify its usem but it really needs a secondary bonus to make it unique. Illusions aren't prevalent enough that adding a save vs. Illusion bonus would be relevant, and I don't want to have it step on the toes of Foolsmiter.

Maces

Base Properties

Damage: d6 Crushing/Piercing
    Usability: Fighters (and Priests*)
    Proficiency: Hammers

Blind Terror

Combat Abilities:
    - Blinding: 20% chance on hit target is blinded for 2 rounds (no save)
    - Acidic: deals 1d6 additional acid damge
    Damage: 1d6 + 2 crushing/piercing

Comments: Simple, save-or-status mace. I'm not super thrilled with this item yet, so it may be changed substantially in the future.

Death of Desire

Combat Abilities:
    - Stunning: on each hit, target is stunned for 1 round (save vs. spell negates)
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 crushing/piercing
    Usable by: Dustmen

Comments: Another simple, save-or-status mace.

Devil's Due [Restored]

*CURSED*
    Equipped Abilities:
    - ???: deal 1d6 additional piercing damage and 1d6 additional acid damage on hit
    - Wielder takes 1d6 acid damage on a hit

Comments: Restored in Unfinished Business. Inspired by Item Revisions' Backbiter (deal bonus damage on attacks but also take damage), which this item's vanilla description also suggests as an effect.

Heaven and Earth

Equipped Abilities:
    - Blessed Aura: weapons held by the wielder and their allies deal 2 additional magic damage vs non-Good creatures and 4 additional damage (total) against Evil creatures
    Damage: 1d6 + 3 crushing/piercing
    Usable by: Good

Comments: This is the "Good" mace. Description heavily edited to accommodate the new effects. This is meant to emulate an aura of "Bless Weapon" (a la Pathfinder's Scepter of Heaven.)

The Justifier

*CURSED*
    Combat Abilities:
    - Radiant: deals 2d6 additional magic damage on hit
    - Zealous Rage: while in combat, each round you can see an Evil creature, you must save vs. spell (-4 penalty) or go berserk, losing control of your character but becoming unable to die from damage
    Usable by: non-Evil

Comments: The Justifier has a lot of character explored in it's dialog that I struggled to translate to a mechanical effect. I decided to take some inspiration from the idea of a Zealot (divine magic barbarian), and leaned into the idea that the holy rage would keep you alive while you sought out evil-doers to punish. I am not sure if this weapon is at all usable, but cursed weapons always have to thread that needle.

Punch Daggers

Base Properties

Damage: d3 Piercing
    Attacks per Round: +1
    Usability: Fighters, Thieves (and Annah)
    Proficiency: Fist

Mark of the Savant

Equipped Abilities:
    - Dexterity: +1
    - Mechanistic: grants a +25% bonus to Open Locks and Detect Traps
    Damage: 1d3 + 2 piercing

Comments: Changed to not be totally ridiculous stat pinata. This should still be an absolutely acceptable late game item for Thieves.

Punch Daggers of Moorin

Equipped Abilities:
    - Luck: +1 bonus
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 piercing

Comments: Increased luck bonus by 1, removed other random bonus effects. Might step on the toes of Uhir's knife too much, but for now I'll just let them coexist.

Punch Daggers of Shar

Combat Abilities:
    - Magebane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 damage to arcane spellcasters.
    - Silencing: target must save vs. spell or be silenced for 2 rounds.
    Equipped Abilities:

Comments: I've changed these to reinforce their mage-hate origins. For parties who want mages to just die already.

Punch Daggers of True Death

Combat Abilities
    - Executing: targets with less than 25% of their maximum Hit Points are killed (no save)
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Dual-wielded: +1 attacks per round

Comments: These are less strong than they might appear, but I think they'd do well for a Dustman who specializes in hand to hand combat early on.

Punch Daggers of Zar' Anun

Equipped Abilities:
    - Backstab multiplier increased by 1.

Comments: These are really, really easy to get, and other than some vague Assassin theming in their description, I'm not sure what I want to do with them yet. I tried to have a Lingering Stealth effect (invisibility on backstab) but I'm not sure if the PSTEE engine supports that effect.

Umei Kaihen

Equipped Abilities:
    - Precognition: +2 to Armor Class, saves, and THAC0
    Damage: 1d3 + 3 piercing

Comments: The name of these is a reference to Unmei Kaihen (meaning "altered fate") from the anime Vision of Escanflowe. The character they reference has the ability to see the future (and various other divination-related abilities). I don't want to do a luck bonus, so I've given it the effects of Precognition (also seen on Time's Eyepiece). Not the most inspired effect, but it'll do for now.

Wands

This style of design is taken from one of my other mods (Low Magic World), wherein I made wands into a weapon that causes low grade magical effects instead of attacking. Wands cannot miss, have a range of 30 feet, and set attacks per round to 1.

Base Properties

Damage: Depends
    Usability: Mages
    Proficiency: None

Black-barbed Wand

Damage: 2d4 Piercing (subject to Magic Resistance)

Comments: This wand casts a minor version of Black Barbed Curse.

Shamanic Rod

Damage: 1d4+1 Magic

Comments: This wand casts a level one version of Magic Missile.

Special

These weapons can take on multiple different forms, granting them different proficiency and base damages.

Celestial Fire

Combat Abilities:
    - Flaming: deals 1d6 additional fire damage
    - Holy: deals 2 additional damage to non-Good creatures and 4 additional damage (total) to Evil creatures
    Damage: +3 bonus
    Not usable by: Evil characters

Comments: The flaming, holy sword now behaves like a Flaming Holy Sword. Getting this while maintaining a Lawful Good alignment requires some... finessing, but that's kind of beyond the purview of this mod. I've loosened the alignment restriction substantially (from only LG to non-Evil).

Entropic Blade

Combat Abilities:
    - Enervating: target must save vs. death (-4 penalty) or be drained 1 level
    - Anarchic: deals 2 additional damage to non-Chaotic creatures and 4 additional damage (total) to Lawful creatures
    Not usable by: Lawful characters

Comments: This is supposed to be the non-Lawful Good answer to Celestial Fire (received by releasing Coaxmetal). I've given it the Anarchic property (also present on Adahn's Dagger) as well as the only level draining effect in the game to represent the entropic demise of the universe. I tried to do some cool stuff with its animation (e.g. by default it would look like a dagger but would transform mid swing into the actual weapon type) but that was causing crashes and I don't know enough about the game's animation system to implement it properly. I've also added an alignment restriction (pretty minor though, and you can always use at least one of Celestial Fire and Entropic Blade).

edited September 2022

Bracelets

Base Properties

Usability: All except Nordom

Aegis of Torment

Equipped Abilities
    - Tormented Souls: living creatures who strike the wearer in melee take 2d6 cold damage.
    Armor Class: +3 bonus (none vs. missiles)
    Usable by: Any

Comments: I've changed Aegis of Torment's type to Bracelet, and made it the capstone of the Shield set. The AC bonus is universally good, but it really shines on any of the Fighters who winds up in the thick of things.

Clasp of Embalming

Equipped Abilities:
    - Maximum Hit Points: +8
    - Armor Class: +1

Comments: This item replaces the Greater Dustman Charm of Embalming, and functions identically to a permanent Minor Embalming spell.

Dread Bond

Equipped Abilities:
    - Strength: +1 bonus
    - Dexterity: +1 bonus
    - Immunity to fear and panic
    Usable by: Fighters (except Vhailor)

Comments: Added the Dexterity bonus, but otherwise unchanged. Any combination of bonuses to physical attributes could be justified, but seeing as Constitution is granted by another bracelet, I decided on Str/Dex for this one.

Intestinal Phylactery

Equipped Abilities:
    - Constitution: +1 bonus
    - Regeneration: 1 hit point per round
    - Charisma: -2 penalty

Comments: If any item in the whole game warrants a Charisma penalty, it is the one that involves strapping your mummified and enchanted intestines to your wrist. Tankiness at the cost of Charisma checks. The Constitution could become a max HP bonus if people would rather see that on the item.

Magus Guard

Equipped abilities
    - Immunity to backstabs
    Armor Class: +1 bonus (none vs. missiles)

Comments: Buckler +1 in a bracelet. Unimaginative but a good general bonus. The first of a series of items in this theme. The original item was only usable by Mages, but it's a simple enough enchantment (and a cool enough flavor... think of it as a shield made out of force projected from your bracelet) that I'm just making it generally available.

Magus Shield

Equipped Abilities
    - Protection from Spells: Magic Missile, Reign of Anger, Missile of Patience
    Armor Class: +2 bonus (none vs. missiles)

Comments: Buckler +2 meets Amulet of Shield in a bracelet. Magus Guard's rarer counterpart.

Rat-tail Bracelet [Restored]

Equipped Abilities:
    - Physical Resistance: +10%
    - Strength: +1
    - Wisdom: -2
    Usable by: Xaositects

Comments: Restored and available from Barking-Wilder. The effects of this item are similar (but nerfed) to it's vanilla behavior, and are designed to evoke the idea of becoming angry/enraged.

Spider Bracelet

Equipped Abilities:
    - Free Action: the user is immune to anything that would impede their movement
    - Stealth: +10% bonus

Comments: Refined the original idea. Spiders are stealthy, and evasive, and I think this bracelet does a better job of representing that than physical resistance and a max HP reduction.

Earrings

Base Properties

Usability: The Nameless One, Annah, Fall-from-Grace

Amber Earrings

Equipped Abilities:
    - May memorize two additional 1st level Mage spells

Comments: I removed the AC bonus.

Anarchist Earrings

Equipped Abilities:
    - Immunity to panic and fear
    Usable by: Anarchists

Comments: There are four items that could really just be one item, so I've merged the effects of the passive ones. I could entertain adding the spells (Blindness, Pacify) back, but it feels kind of overkill.

Crimson Sphere Earring

Equipped Abilities:
    - Fire Resistance: +25%

Comments: Simple resistance earring.

Dustman Earrings

Equipped Abilities:
    - Physical Resistance: +5%
    - Elemental Resistance: +5%

Comments: I tried to figure out how to theme "dulled to the world", so I gave minor resistance to all types of damage. It could be buffed to 10%.

Indep Earring [Restored]

Equipped Abilities:
    - Immunity to confusion
    - Saving Throws: +1 bonus
    Usable by: Indeps

Comments: Restored and available at [???]. Tuned down version of vanilla item.

Obsidian Earring

Equipped Abilities:
    - Stealth: +25%

Comments: Simple upgrade to make it slightly more interesting.

Stinger Earring

Equipped Abilities:
    - Armor Class vs. Piercing: +2

Comments: I removed the flat AC bonus, but kept the conditional one. I could make it +1 normal, +1 vs piercing. +2/+2 feels overkill.

Eyes

Base Properties

Usability: The Nameless One

Angle-Less Eye

Equipped Abilities:
    - Piercing Resistance: +20% bonus
    - Slashing Resistance: +20% bonus
    - Crushing Resistance: -10% bonus
    - Missile Resistance: -10% penalty

Comments: The Detect Traps bonus has been relocated to the Keen Eye. I decided to take this more towards the idea that the user's perception of angles becomes softened thus making weapons that deal those types of damage less effective (perception is reality etc.), while making weapons that already are already blunt more effective. Numbers could be tweaked.

Eye of the Blind Sage [New]

Equipped Abilities:
    - Blinded: the user is Blinded, and suffers all normal penalties as such
    - Intelligence: +2 bonus
    - Wisdom: +2 bonus
    - Usable by: Mages

Comments: Available from Vrischika. Part of this mod is adding new item options to open up build diversity. This item was inspired by an item I found in a homebrew 5e site. This kills any potential for the character to use combat, but I still think some people might use this for the ability score bonuses. If the Blindness sight radius penalty is too much, I might just code my own Blindness that applies all penalties except the sight radius reduction.

Eye of the Bull [New]

Equipped Abilities:
    - THAC0: +1 bonus
    - Damage: +3 bonus to melee weapons
    Usable by: Fighters

Comments: Available from Vrischika. One of two uses of puns/idioms (it's a Bull's Eye... I'll show myself out...) in this section. One of the goals in this mod is to make sure that Warriors and Rogues have access to appealing items to rival's the ones available to Mages; this is the Fighter's option. Is the buff too strong? Too weak? Not cool enough? Let me know.

Eye of Vecna [Restored, Not Implemented]

*CURSED ARTIFACT*
    Special Abilities:
    - Eyebite (3/day): target creature must save vs. death (-2 penalty) or be sickened (-2 to all checks) for 10 minutes
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Charisma: -2 penalty (permanent)
    - Immunity to blind
    - True-Seeing: dispel all enemy illusions you can see.
    Usable by: Evil

Note: Removing the Eye via a Remove Curse spell or otherwise will immediately result in your death and the disappearance of the eye. Think carefully before meddling with the Archlich of Secrets.

Comments: Restored in Unfinished Business (but currently not changed by this mod). This item has been toned down a lot (Double 1st and 2nd level spells? Seriously...?) and made more similar to it's PnP 3.0 version. True-Seeing will be helpful in dealing with the occasional Mage you run into. I could entertain Eyebite being made more powerful (e.g. higher save penalty), and I'd love to know if this isn't sufficiently powerful for the drawbacks. I plan to add the Hand of Vecna as well, with a massive power boost available to TNOs who have both equipped, but each item is intended to be able to stand alone as well.

Fiendish Eye of Kalem'darr

*MINOR ARTIFACT*
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Charisma: +1 bonus
    - Luck: +1 bonus (+5% to skills)
    - Experience Gain: -10% penalty

Comments: The idea is that the eye provides you with a lot of information necessary to broker good deals, but also has a tendency to overwhelm your experiences with possible events. Another simple retheme to make the item feel more unique. I'm curious how much a 10% reduction in experience gained would be felt; if it's not enough to matter then maybe bump it to 20% less XP but +2 Charisma.

Kaleidoscopic Eye

Special Abilities:
    - Chromatic Orb (1/day)
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Protection from Spell: Chromatic Orb
    - Elemental Resistance: +10%
    - Magic Resistance: +10%
    Usable by: Good

Comments: Refined original idea while also reducing the universal power of this item. Protection from Chromatic Orb is just for the theme. Thanks to kjeron this gets to keep its Chromatic Orb ability. This is now also one of the very few sources of magic resistance in the game.

Keen Eye [New]

Equipped Abilities:
    - Find Traps: +25%
    - Critical Hit Chance: +5% chance (all weapons)

Comments: Available from Vrischika. The enhanced critical chance is from the 3rd Edition "Keen" item ability that grants increased critical strike chance. Depending on when it's available, it might be buffed to +10% chance, but there will be several Thief weapons that also buff critical strike chance and I don't want it to just be every hit is critical (although that wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to Thieves). Unfortunately, the Detect Traps opcode doesn't work, so it's been replaced (v0.4) with a sizable bonus to Detect Traps.

Rings

Base Properties

Usability: The Nameless One, Fall-from-Grace, Annah(?)

Adahn's Ring

Equipped Abilities:
    - Freedom of Movement: wearer is immune to any effect that would hinder their movement in any way.

Comments: The original ring has no effects on it. Freedom of Movement is probably the best chaotically themed ability that isn't a substantial mechanical bonus.

Displacer Ring

Equipped Abilities:
    - Physical Resistance: +5%

Comments: Vanilla gives +2 AC but no physical resistance. The description mentions taking less damage from hits so I've converted +1 AC to 5% phys resistance.

Deionarra's Wedding Ring

Equipped Abilities
    - Immunity to normal weapons
    - When upgraded, also grants +25% magic resistance.

Comments: I have been trying to come up with an appropriate effect for this item for years. Most magic items I see that are related to lovers/weddings involve some idea of sharing health/resources between the two people, but Deionarra is dead so that wouldn't make much sense. I also wanted it to be powerful in a way that lets this item be competitive at all stages in the game. I think now it has a nice niche, both for normal gameplay and for when it becomes upgraded near the end of the game.

Gehraise's Ring

Equipped Abilities:
    - Immunity to poison and disease

Comments: Vanilla gives +3 to saves vs. death, but immunity to poison is a useful effect that extends the original concept.

Mempa's Biting Ring

*CURSED*
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Maximum Hit Points: +15

Comments: +1 AC to 15 maximum HP. No other changes.

Negative Token

Equipped Abilities
    - Protection from Shadows: +2 to Armor Class and saves against Shadows

Comments: Refined the original concept.

Ring of Almost Invisibility

Equipped Abilities
    - Stealth: +10%

Comments: I added the Stealth ability to give it slightly more of a niche. Annah would probably make excellent use of this ring now.

Ring of Fallen Stars

Combat Abilities
    - Can cast Meteor Swarm Bombardment once per day.

Comments: Unchanged.

Ring of the Traveler

Equipped Abilities
    - Saving Throws: +1

Comments: Ye olde Ring of Protection +1.

Ring of Thex

Equipped Abilities:
    - THAC0: +5
    - Armor Class: +2
    - Maximum Hit Points: +15
    - May memorize one fewer Mage spell of each level.

Comments: The battlemage theme wasn't really explored in the original item in my opinion. I've given it sizable bonuses in exchange for one fewer spell per level per day.

Ring Zero

Equipped Abilities:
    - May memorize one additional Mage spell of each level.

Comments: This is a pretty sizable nerf, but this item is still probably best in slot for spellcasting-focused Mages.

Serpent Ring

Equipped Abilities
    - Magic Resistance: +15%

Comments: The vanilla version is quite pushed (largest single source of Magic Resistance, immunity to poison, +2 to saves to spells). Magic Resistance is a rare stat in PST, and having a ring that grants 15% should be sufficiently powerful for now. I'd entertain suggestions for more thematic effects in future updates.

Twisted Ring

Equipped Abilities

Comments: Currently unchanged.

Tattoos (General)

Base Properties

Usability: The Nameless One, Annah, Dak'kon

Tattoo of Accuracy

Equipped Abilities
    - THAC0: +2

Comments: Buffed to be competitive with the +1 Strength tattoo

Tattoo of Bloodletting

Equipped Abilities
    - Weapon Damage: +2

Comments: Buffed to be competitive with the +1 Strength tattoo

Tattoo of Health

Equipped Abilities
    - Maximum Hit Points: +10%

Comments: Buffed to be competitive with the +1 Constitution tattoo; name changed for consistency.

Tattoo of Warding

Equipped Abilities

Comments: Buffed to be competitive with the +1 Dexterity tattoo

Tattoo of Might

Equipped Abilities

Comments: Unchanged

Tattoo of Reflexes

Equipped Abilities

Tattoo of Endurance

Equipped Abilities

Comments: Unchanged except for the name

Tattoo of Reason

Equipped Abilities

Tattoo of Insight

Equipped Abilities

Comments: Unchanged except for name

Tattoo of Presence

Equipped Abilities

HERE BE ACTUAL SPOILERS

Tattoos (Companion)

Base Properties

Tattoo of Annah

Equipped Abilities
    - Critical Hit Chance: +5%

Requirement: Have Annah in your party

Comments: ???

Tattoo of Dak'kon [New]

Equipped Abilities
    - Weapon Speed: +2
    - Casting Speed: +2

Requirement: Have Dak'kon in your party

Comments: Casting speed is a highly desirable stat for Mages that is otherwise totally unavailable

Tattoo of Fall-from-Grace

Equipped Abilities
    - Experience Gain: +15%

Requirement: Have Fall-from-Grace in your party

Tattoo of Ignus

Equipped Abilities
    - Fire Damage: +50%
    - Immunity to fire and magical fire

Requirement: Have Ignus in your party

Tattoo of Morte

Equipped Abilities
    - Luck: +1

Requirement: Have Morte in your party

Tattoo of Nordom

Equipped Abilities
    - Intelligence: +2
    - Wisdom: -1

Requirement: Have Nordom in your party

Comments: This is the only violation of my "only the attribute tattoos should give attribute bonuses" rule. Wisdom is a big deal in Planescape, so I doubt this'll be too broken, but still a fun design space to explore regardless.

Tattoo of Vhailor [New]

Equipped Abilities
    - Axiomatic Weapons: your attacks deal 2 additional damage against non-Lawful creatures and an additional 2 damage (4 total) against Chaotic creatures

Requirement: Have Vhailor in your party

Tattoos (Faction)

Base Properties

Tattoo of the Anarchists

Equipped Abilities
    - Confusing Attacks: your attacks have a 25% chance to Confuse for 12 seconds (save vs. spell negates)
    Usable by: Anarchists

Requirement: TNO is an Anarchist

Tattoo of the Dustmen

Equipped Abilities
    - Enemy of Undead: you have +2 bonus to THAC0 and damage against undead

Requirement: TNO is a Dustman

Tattoo of the Godsmen

Equipped Abilities
    - Blessed: +1 bonus to THAC0 and saves

Requirement: TNO is a Godsman

Tattoo of the Sensates

Equipped Abilities
    - Damage: +20%
    - Resistances: -10%
    Usable by: Sensates

Requirement: TNO is a Sensate

Tattoo of the Xaositects

Equipped Abilities
    - Protection from Law: +2 to Armor Class and saves against Lawful creatures
    Usable by: Xaositects

Requirement: TNO is a Xaositect

Tattoos (Quest)

Base Properties

Usability: The Nameless One (see below for exception)

Darkalley Shiv Ink [New]

Equipped Abilities
    - Protection from Good: user gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against Good creatures.
    Usable by: Non-Good characters

Requirement: Side with the Darkalley Shivs in the Alley of Dangerous Angles.

Comments: Designed to be the Evil answer to Razor Angel Ink.

Razor Angel Ink

Equipped Abilities
    - Protection from Evil: user gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against Evil creatures.
    Usable by: Non-Evil characters

Requirement: Side with the Razor Angels in the Alley of Dangerous Angles.

Comments: One of a set. Ideally this would actually be a +1 bonus, but the opcode doesn't work like that and the functionality is otherwise inaccessible.

Tattoo of the Equalizer [New]

Equipped Abilities
    - Protection from Extremity: user gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against creatures of extreme alignments (Lawful Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Evil, Chaotic Evil).

Requirement: Side with Blackrose in the Alley of Dangerous Angles.

Comments: Name inspired by the Equalizer in BG2. Designed to be the Neutral answer to Razor Angel Ink.

[PENDING]

Tattoos (Major)

Base Properties

Tattoo of the Betrayer

Equipped Abilities:
    - Backstab Multiplier: +1x
    - Traitorous: Your first attack each round is guaranteed to backstab.

Requirement: Kill Trias.

Comments: The "assassin" tattoo of the set, designed top-down for flavor purposes. This should be very good for Fighters, but it will be utterly insane on high level Thieves.

Tattoo of the Champion

Equipped Abilities:
    - Strength: +2
    - Champion's Might: Your attacks deal maximum damage.

Requirement: Obtain the Level 12 Fighter specialization.

Comments: I spent a lot of time thinking about what kind of effect would make a Fighter really shine. I decided to lean into this by making all weapons effectively twice as good (on average).

Tattoo of the Justicar

Equipped Abilities:
    - Justice's Eye: you automatically detect Evil in nearby creatures.
    - Justice's Hand: you have a +3 bonus to effective enchantment level and a +2 bonus to hit and damage against Evil creatures.

Requirement: Get Byron Pikit arrested and free Trist.

Comments: The "paladin" tattoo. A bit easy to get compared to some of the other major tattoos, but the bonuses should be flexible enough to warrant use through the planeshopping second half of the game.

Tattoo of the Lost Incarnation

Special Abilities:
    - Invoke a Lost Memory (5000 XP)
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Lost Memories: +100% Experience Gain

Requirement: Bring Severed Arm (Yours) to Fell.

Comments: The presumable introduction to major tattoos. Experience gained while wearing this tattoo will be doubled, enabling faster early level progression, but remember that any bonus experience will be lost if this tattoo is unequipped.

Tattoo of the Archmage

Equipped Abilities:
    - Intelligence: +2
    - Master of Magic: refresh a level one arcane spell slot every round

Requirement: Obtain the Level 12 Mage specialization.

Comments: A neverending supply of level one spells. As Planescape enforces the one spell per round rule (and the Alacrity opcode doesn't work), this means that you get unlimited uses of however many level one spells you can prepare. Seeing as how the original game let you get three separate "dobule your 1st level spell slots" effects (which stacked), this is a simpler execution of that concept that also gives you more flexibility.

Tattoo of the Redeemer

Equipped Abilities:
    - Redemptive Retribution: foes that you haven't struck take 3d6 magic damage upon hitting you.

Requirement: Save Trias.

Comments: Inspired by the Oath of Redemption capstone from 5th Edition. A bit boring as far as major tattoos go, but definitely playstyle-defining in a roundabout way.

Tattoo of the Scoundrel

Equipped Abilities:
    - Dexterity: +2
    - Resourcefulness: ignore all item restrictions

Requirement: Obtain the Level 12 Thief specialization.

Comments: The most powerful Rogue ability available in the Infinity Engine making its debut in Planescape. Thief skills are kind of mediocre towards the later half of Planescape, and the Betrayer tattoo already provides an "Assassin" option. UAI is one of the few HLA opcodes from BG2 that actually works in the Planescape engine, and I think this will open up some fun lategame Rogue builds. And no, you cannot use this to equip Annah's or Grace's armor.

Tattoo of the Taleweaver

Equipped Abilities:
    - Lore: +25
    - Taleweaving: you and nearby allies gain a +2 bonus to THAC0 and saves and are immune to morale failure

Requirement: Listen to all of Yves' tales.

Comments: The "bard" option, and in fact one of the very first major tattoos I designed. Hearing all of Yves' tales is actually pretty difficult (and requires you to divulge some secret information about other major plot points.)

Tattoo of the Philosopher

Equipped Abilities:
    - Critical Hit Chance: +15%
    - Singing Steel: you and nearby allies are blessed (+1 to hit, damage, and saves)

Requirement: Complete Dak'kon's personal quest (including the Unbroken Circle).

Comments: This exists somewhere in the realm of gish - paladin - bard - war priest. I haven't changed the trigger condition for unlocking this tattoo, so it should be accessible at the same point. It gives you a permanent Zerthimon's Focus and Scripture of Steel/Blessing effect. Lower power level than most of the other ones, but the bonus crit chance will never really be bad.

[Mod] Tattoo of the Hierophant

Equipped Abilities:
    - Wisdom: +2
    - Belief Manifested: refresh a level one divine spell slot every round

Requirement: Obtain the Level 12 Priest specialization.

Comments: For synergy with the Power of Belief mod. A neverending supply of level one spells (much like Archmage). As Planescape enforces the one spell per round rule (and the Alacrity opcode doesn't work), this means that you get unlimited uses of however many level one spells you can prepare.
    edited October 2022

NPC Equipment: Annah

Annah's Vest

Equipped Abilities:
    - Freedom of Movement: wearer is immune to any effect that would impede their movement in any way.
    Armor Class: 8
    Usable by: Annah

Comments: I didn't want to give Annah a straight stat buff with her armor (especially because she has multiple opportunities for upgrades later in the game), but I figured that Freedom of Movement would help her stay alive against CC heavy enemies.

Annah's Punch Daggers

Equipped Abilities:
    - Keen: +5% chance to critically hit
    Proficiency: Fists

Comments: Currently these are just Keen Punch Daggers +1. They could probably use something else as well, no idea what.

Chained-teeth Earrings

Equipped Abilities:
    - Pick Locks: +25%

Comments: Changed these to only work for Annah and buffed them substantially to be competitive with other offerings.

Jerkin of the Brazen Rogue

Equipped Abilities:
    - Brawler: the wearer gains two additional proficiency points in Fists, but cannot use Stealth.
    Armor Class: 5

Comments: The first of two armor upgrades available for Annah, this one is supposed to emphasize her as more of a Fighter than a Rogue through straight-up combat buffs. This armor will disable the use of Annah's Stealth ability entirely, in exchange for a larger AC bonus compared to the base version as well as bonus proficiency points in Fists.

Jerkin of the Flitting Shadow

Equipped Abilities:
    - Shadow Form: wearer turns invisible for 2 rounds on a critical hit.
    - Stealth: +25%
    Armor Class: 6

Comments: The second of two armor upgrades available for Annah, this one is supposed to encourage a Rogue playstyle (e.g. stealth, evasion, backstabs). This armor has really good synergy with the modified Annah's Punch Daggers, and should help Annah regularly backstab targets in combat.

Lower Planes Vermin Armor [Restored]

Equipped Abilities:
    - Protection from Good: wearer gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against Good creatures.
    - Protection from Law: wearer gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against Lawful creatures.
    Armor Class: 6

Comments: Restored and available for purchase from Vrischika. The idea of the dual Protection effects is that it is hide armor made from the skins of demonic vermin. Protection effects do not stack, but this is still the best armor (AC-wise) that Annah can wear against Good or Lawful creatures. Based on this theme, I've made it available for purchase from Vrischika, rather than Goncalves.

NPC Equipment: Dak'kon

Dak'kon's Zerth Armor

Equipped Abilities:
    - Shifting Surface: each round, the first attack against the wearer is absorbed harmlessly.
    Armor Class: 5
    Usable by: Dak'kon

Comments: The base AC of this is unchanged; it is very unambiguously chain mail from it's description. In a perfect world, I'd have this armor grant +2 bonus AC against the physical damage type that Dak'kon last took damage from to represent the fluidity/mental sculpting involved in karach (this might be doable via Seven Eyes or something similar). For now, I have it passively give a single "stoneskin" each round, which should help Dak'kon stay alive and get his spells off, even in the middle of battle.

Chained Blade (Rank 1)

Chained Blade (Rank 2)

Equipped Abilities:
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 slashing

Chained Blade (Rank 3)

Equipped Abilities:
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 slashing

Streaming Blade (Rank 1)

Equipped Abilities:
    - May memorize 1 additional 1st level Mage spell

Streaming Blade (Rank 2)

Equipped Abilities:
    - Casting Speed: +1
    - May memorize 1 additional 1st and 2nd level Mage spell

Streaming Blade (Rank 3)

Equipped Abilities:
    - May memorize 1 additional 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level Mage spell
    Combat Abilities
    - On critical hit, regain an expended spell slot of the highest level

Kinstealer (Rank 1)

Equipped Abilities:
    - +1/2 Attack per Round

Kinstealer (Rank 2)

Equipped Abilities:
    - Critical Hit Chance: +10%
    - +1/2 Attack per Round

Kinstealer (Rank 3)

Equipped Abilities:
    - Critical Hit Chance: +10%
    - +1 Attack per Round
    Combat Abilities
    - On critical hit, target must save vs. death (-4 penalty) or be slain.

Comments: Dak'kon's blade is a substantial part of his character and mechanical progression, and I wanted the changes to seem important. The game already establishes that Streaming Blade is more focused on his Mage half and Kinstealer on his Fighter half, so I wanted to maintain that distinction (as it emphasizes two very different playstyles for him). The armor class and critical hit bonuses at ranks 2 and 3 of all varieties are designed to emulate Single Weapon Style from Baldur's Gate. Streaming Blade grants far fewer bonus spells, but also grants a casting speed bonus and can recharge spells mid fight (an effect otherwise totally unavailable in PST). Kinstealer is meant to be a pure damage weapon, with increased APR, increased crit range, and the ability for the (increased likelihood) crits to kill most targets. Definitely open to suggestions for improvements, but happy how this is for now.

NPC Equipment: Fall-from-Grace

Bell's Shield

Equipped Abilities
    - Memorize one extra divine spell of each level from 1st to 6th.
    Armor Class: +2 bonus (none vs. missiles)
    Usable by: Fall-from-Grace

Comments: See the Bracelets section for the idea behind the AC bonus The Wisdom +3 bonus is gone; that was beyond cheesy, and due to Wisdom bonus slots, ultimately resulted in even more spell slots than the item gave by itself. Now it's just a "Shield" that gives a nice divine spell slot bonus and moderate boost to Armor Class.

Bodice of the Godless Priest

Equipped Abilities
    - Armor Class: +2 bonus
    - ???: wearer deals +20% increased magic and elemental damage

Comments: This bodice gives Grace generally more powerful spellcasting. In a perfect world, this would also increase the healing of her healing spells by 20%, but I am unsure of how to implement that in the PST engine. The damage bonus should make her Call Lightning and Spiritual Hammer just a bit more formidable, as well as improving her damage with her base attacks slightly.

Bodice of the Perilous Quest

Equipped Abilities
    - Armor Class: +3 bonus
    - Maximum Hit Points: +10
    - Regeneration: 1 hit point per 3 seconds

Comments: Unlike Annah, who has two clear directions to go with in her armor upgrades, Grace is a bit more complicated. I've chosen to have the options be power (Godless Priest) and durability (Perilous Quest). This extends the idea of the original item of regen to also include maximum hit point and slightly higher AC than the base Bodice.

Fall-from-Grace's Chastity Bodice

Armor Class: +2 bonus

Comments: I don't get why Grace's corset grants more than double the improvement to base AC that Annah's leather streetwear does. It has been nerfed to function as a robe +2. This also changes Fall-from-Grace's base AC from 4 to 10, making her slightly more vulnerable once all the bonuses are processed (she has an AC of 6 with default gear, possibly 5 with Perilous Quest, and as low as 3 with Bell's Shield). The description as written doesn't really inspire a minor thematic effect, but I'd entertain suggestions.

Fall-from-Grace's Earrings

Equipped Abilities
    - Magic Resistance: +5%
    - Saves: +1 bonus to all

Comments: Much like the changes to Annah's earrings, Grace's earrings have been changed to only work on her, but are currently otherwise unchanged. I can't help but think that there's something more interesting to do with these; right now they're just more base defensive stats on a character with already very good base defensive stats.

Fall-from-Grace's Touch

Combat Abilities:
    - Succubus' Caress: deals 1d3 magic damage on hit (unaffected by Strength bonus to damage).
    Equipped Abilities:
    Damage: None, see combat abilities

Comments: I always felt like the idea that Grace's perfectly manicured hands do slashing damage was a bit strange. If Planescape supported necrotic damage, I'd probably use that, but magic damage will do. This change is largely just a thematic/flavor shift; Grace rarely gets to hit things in melee combat anyway.

NPC Equipment: Ignus

Ignus' Fireball

Combat Abilities:
    - Fiery: deals 1d3 fire damage on hit.
    Equipped Abilities:
    - Spell Attack: cannot miss, but subject to Magic Resistance
    Range: 30 feet
    Damage: None, see combat abilities
    Proficiency: None
    Usable by: Ignus

Comments: In vanilla, they are Fist weapons that deal 1d3 missile + 2d4 fire (save vs. spell negates fire damage). I've given them a +1 enchantment and the magical attack tag, and changed it to d3 fire damage. Similar to spells, these attacks cannot miss and do not benefit from proficiency, but can be resisted via magic resistance. All-in-all, this should make his base attacks feel more like a cantrip than an arrow.

NPC Equipment: Morte

Morte's Bite

Damage: 1d3 crushing/piercing
    Usable by: Morte

Comments: I'm on the fence about whether these should be enchanted or not. I've changed the damage type to crushing/piercing to make it a bit more powerful.

Fiend's Teeth [Restored]

Combat Abilities
    - Unholy: deals +2 damage to non-Evil creatures, and +4 damage (total) to Good creatures.

Comments: Restored in Unfinished Business. The original version had a Strength setting effect and gave a smattering of random resistances (including ones that were redundant with Morte's base stats). I've done away with all of that in favor of a simple aligned weapon effect.

Ingress' Teeth

Invokes: Insect Swarm (1/day)
    Equipped Abilities
    - Itching Teeth: attack range of 10 feet, but still considered melee

Comments: These previously offered the ability to switch between crushing and piercing (and magic) damage types via a rather clunky interaction system. The change to teeth to do crush/pierce damage removes the need for that. Originally, I planned to have them upgrade for each plane you visited, but instead I realized that they could be taken in a more unique direction by giving Morte a medium range option.

Teeth of the Fire Drake

Equipped Abilities
    - Immunity to fire
    Combat Abilities
    - Fiery: deals 2d3 additional fire damage per hit.

Comments: I'm not a huge fan of the immunity to fire that this grants and might replace it with a limited use ability to emulate a dragon's breath instead.

Teeth of the Viper

Combat Abilities
    - Venomous: targets must save vs. death or be poisoned for 3 rounds, taking 1 damage per second.
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 crushing/piercing

Comments: Morte is immune to poison by default, so he doesn't benefit at all from the poison immunity granted in vanilla. As such, I've removed the immunity to poison to make the functionality clearer.

NPC Equipment: Nordom

Nordom's Crossbows

Equipped Abilities
    - Sets APR to 2
    Damage: Depends
    Proficiency: Missiles
    Usable by: Nordom

Comments: Most editions of DND have some variation of the "crossbows have 1 APR" effect. Well, Nordom is dual-wielding them, so he gets 2 APR, but no more. Otherwise basically unchanged.

Nordom's Crossbow Bolts

Damage: 1d4 + 1 missile

Comments: Nordom's default bolts, of which he has an infinite supply. Basically unchanged.

Acidic Sponge Bolt

Combat Abilities:
    - Acidic: deals +1d4 acid damage

Comments: Acidic Bolt +1. More base damage, slightly less acid damage.

Bolt of Acheron

Combat Abilities:
    - Warmongering: target must save vs. spell or go berserk for 3 rounds, attacking nearest creatures.
    Damage: 1d4 + 2 missile

Comments: Original version stunned instead of enraged. Acheron is a plane of endless battle, so attacking anyone nearby seems appropriate.

Bolt of Kessek the Devourer

Combat Abilities:
    - Devouring: target loses 2 max HP every round for 60 seconds.
    - Bloodhunting: if the target dies within 60 seconds, the bolt will automatically attack the nearest enemy.
    Damage: 1d4 + 3 missile

Comments: These are the only +3 bolts in the game. I went to great lengths to implement a proxy of a "living" crossbow bolt. If a target is slain while under the effects of these bolts, a nearby enemy will be hit with another Bolt of Kessek the Devourer, and the effects duration will refresh. This goes until there are no living enemies in range. These are probably too powerful, but they are only available in very limited quantities.

Bolt of Whistling Doom

Combat Abilities:
    - Whirlwind: target must save vs. breath or take 1d6 crushing damage and be thrown 20 feet away from the attacker
    Damage: 1d4 + 2 missile

Comments: Bonus damage from a bolt that contains a literal elemental seems like a missed opportunity. This is designed to simulate the effect of an air elemental's Whirlwind ability. It could probably be upgraded to an AOE if it's not powerful enough.

Bolt of Wincing

Combat Abilities:
    - Keen: +5% crit chance
    - Misandrous: +2 to hit, +2 damage against Male creatures

Comments: This item's background is great. They are explicitly supposed to be emasculating, so I gave them a bonus against male creatures.

Jagged Bolt

Combat Abilities:
    - Jagged: +1d4 slashing damage

Comments: Bonus damage changed from +1 piercing to +1d4 slashing.

Rule-of-Three Bolt

Damage: 3d4 missile

Comments: Triple damage but otherwise unenchanted.

Winged Bolt

Range: 60 feet
    Damage: 1d6 missile

Comments: Nordom's Crossbows make these function as +1. I've increased their damage to arrow base damage (d6), and doubled their attack range compared to other bolts. Probably not the most powerful but still useful in niche situations.

Zephyr Bolt

Comments: Slight improvement (+2 to THAC0). Otherwise unchanged.

Nordom's Ocular

Equipped Abilities
    - THAC0: +1

Comments: Currently unchanged, but uninspired.

Lens of Inherent Viciousness

Equipped Abilities
    - Vicious: Your critical hits deal 2d4 additional missile damage.

Comments: Straight-up hit and damage bonuses are boring, and Nordom's weapon doesn't improve by itself. This emulates giving his crossbows the Vicious property.

Magnifying Lens

Equipped Abilities
    - Lore: +20
    - Damage: +1

Comments: I don't think I would ever considering using this item except during an identification spree. A lot of Nordom's Lens have the idea of "perception = reality", so the magnified bolts do more damage to their targets because they now look slightly bigger.

Lens of Confounding

Equipped Abilities
    - Blur: +3 AC, +1 to saves

Comments: Effectively gives Nordom the effects of the Blur spell.

Retractable Scope

Equipped Abilities
    - Marksman: +10% chance to critically hit

Comments: This emulates giving his crossbows the Marksman property. The idea is that the scope is useful for hitting head shots.

Lens of Seeing Double

Equipped Abilities
    - THAC0: -3
    - Missile Damage: +100%

Comments: Your bolts do double base damage, but your targets effectively have the Blur spell. In a perfect world, this would apply on hit effects from special bolts twice, but I don't think there's a clean way to do that. This is a slight nerf compared to the base item.

Lens of the Bat

*CURSED*
    Equipped Abilities
    - Halves the wearer's visual range
    - Blindsight: wearer is immune to effects of blind, cannot be backstabbed, and can see invisible creatures in a small radius

Comments: As always, I want to give this cursed item a thematic benefit and drawback. I'm not sure whether this item is too good or too bad, which is perfect for a cursed item. I might add back in some of the penalties associated with blind (maybe -2 THAC0) if it's too powerful, but for the most part this just reads "can't be blinded, can't be backstabbed".

Lens of Perspicacity

Equipped Abilities
    - Lore: +20
    - Magic Resistance: +10%

Comments: A magic-themed lens. If this is too weak, it could also grant a bonus to saves vs. spells.

Time's Eyepiece

Equipped Abilities
    - Precognition: +2 to AC, saves, and THAC0

Comments: Lateral shift power-wise. Basically emulates the effects of Precognition. A good all-around item.

Lens of the Horizon

Equipped Abilities
    - Doubles the wearer's visual range
    - THAC0: +3

Comments: Much like the other Lens that modifies visual range, that's more of a thematic effect than a practical one. I've removed the Lore penalty; it's not necessary at all.

Optix

*CURSED*
    Special Abilities
    - Knock (1/day)
    Equipped Abilities
    - Your attacks are treated as +3 enchanted weapons.
    - +2 THAC0, +2 damage

Comments: For an item with 4 paragraphs of descriptive text, there isn't really much to go on for what Optix' effects should be. Optix in his vanilla form offers about 50% increased damage (between the crit chance, luck, and damage bonuses), so I wound up having become the ultimate endgame lens for offensive build Nordom (as opposed to the powerful defensive bonuses of Beer Goggles and Stealth Lens). Optix is unique among the lenses in that he is the only one to offer a bonus to both THAC0 and damage.

Beer Goggles

*CURSED*
    Equipped Abilities
    - Intoxicated: -4 to hit and saves (-20% to skills)
    - Immunity to fear
    - +25% Maximum Hit Points
    - +25% Physical and Elemental Resistance

Comments: Intoxication carries some pretty steep penalties in DND (usually a sizable -X penalty to all d20 rolls), so I had to figure out how to make that worthwhile. This item should represent an effective HP multiplier of +67% between the two defensive effects. I'm not sure if it's usable at all, but maybe?

Stealth Lens

Equipped Abilities
    - Half-Phased: attacks against you have a 50% chance to miss

Comments: The vanilla version simulated phasing with a lot of bonus to AC, saves, and missile weapon resistance. This just gives Nordom a 50% dodge chance against all attacks.

NPC Equipment: Vhailor

Final Judgment

Equipped Abilities:
    - Massive: damage die increased to d10, -2 to speed factor.
    Combat Abilities
    - Axiomatic: deals 2 additional damage to non-lawful targets and 4 additional damage (total) to chaotic targets.
    Damage: 1d10 + 2 slashing
    Proficiency: Axes
    Usable by: Vhailor

Comments: As I said in the top post, it makes absolutely no sense that Vhailor's weapon *doesn't* deal bonus damage against chaotic creatures. Well, now that's fixed.

Vhailor's Mercykiller Armor

Equipped Abilities:
    - Protection from Chaos: wearer gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against chaotic creatures.
    Armor Class: 2
    Usable by: Vhailor

Comments: Further reinforcing Vhailor's identity as a vessel of law and order. This is a strict improvement over the original (which is just a normal Plate Mail).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    @Aquadrizzt

Hey, any news about your mod? Taking your time, polishing things? Or is it discontinued?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    How would you alter Celestial Fire?
    @Dark_Ansem, my current idea for Celestial Fire is the following:

Celestial Fire
    Combat Abilities:
    - Holy: deals 2 additional damage to non-Good creatures and 4 additional damage (total) to Evil creatures
    Proficiency: Any, talk to Coaxmetal
    Usable by: Lawful Good

This makes it one of the best end-game weapons without making it absolutely ridiculous and cheesy.
    why "talk to coaxmetal"?
    Because he's where you can change the proficiency required by crafting it into an equivalent item for any given weapon proficiency.
    Oh I never do because I'm a goody two shows Mage...
    It's also odd that a Lawful Good only weapon requires you to kill someone who is potentially capable of being redeemed.
    I guess the Vhailor Solution still applies. Although, the weapon may be LG by genesis, rather than deed. Being celestial and all that
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited August 2019
    Some feedback:

* I like the idea of making the Magus Guard items usable by non-mage characters. A fighter Nameless One has more use for an AC item than a mage Nameless One, since he's more likely to be up on the front lines as a fighter. However, it might be better to keep the AC bonuses of those items as they were previously. If a Nameless One fighter with, say, 16 Dexterity (giving them an AC of 8) equips a Magus Shield, they'll end up with an AC of 6, which is still pretty meh (also, I was under the impression that the Magus Shield and Magus Guard were intended to be like Bracers of Armor, not shields, since they set the character's base AC rather than giving an AC bonus).

* Item balance should take the context of the game into account. Many of the really powerful items (Ring of Thex, Aegis of Torment, Celestial Fire, Ring Zero, etc.) are obtained very late in the game. By the time you get them, the game is almost over, so it doesn't matter a whole deal how powerful they make a character, especially in a game like Planescape Torment that isn't focused on tactical combat. By the time the party has obtained Ring Zero, for example, they've already beaten most of the bosses and tough foes in the game; all that's left is the Fortress of Regrets (and the modron cube if one hasn't completed it yet, but chances are a party that far in the game wouldn't have much trouble with that dungeon anyway). Maybe having some really powerful late-game items would make the Fortress of Regrets a little easier, but that's it. So I don't think it's necessary to nerf the powerful late-game items, though you could still change some of them to make them more interesting.

* The original Eye of Vecna wasn't that powerful anyway. By the time a mage Nameless One obtains it (after going through the Planes, getting millions of XP, and farming Greater Glabrezus for several hours), they're powerful enough that they don't rely on 1st and 2nd-level spells anyway, so doubling their number of 1st and 2nd-level spells doesn't make a huge difference. Honestly, I thought the Eye of Vecna was too weak in Planescape: Torment. It also gave a luck penalty which wasn't specified in the description.
    Post edited by OlvynChuru on
    edited August 2019
    @OlvynChuru, all very good points. I appreciate the feedback.

Let me preface this by saying that this is mostly just a personal design project, and that I am well aware that combat and mechanical balance in Planescape is largely aesthetic.

On the subject of the Magus shields, I'd counter the argument that the AC bonus is meh on fighters by arguing that, in the current game, there is no source of an AC bonus in the bracelet slot for Fighters, so even if it isn't that much, it is still more than is currently available. (How does a Fighter TNO even get AC?)

I definitely agree that context and availability of the items is an important consideration. There are several items that I would make thematically more powerful if they weren't so easily accessible. I understand that combat in Planescape is largely incidental (although maybe a few mods in tandem could change that?), and that items don't really matter as long as the party has items that can hit foes immune to +1s and +2s. I still think that designing the items as if combat mattered makes the design process clearer and the items more balanced. Furthermore, I am aware that many of the late game items are only really relevant for Undersigil, max difficulty Modron Maze (if even), and Fortress of Regrets, but to be honest by the point you reach all of those, they're kind of trivial regardless of how OP or not your items are.

My goal isn't to nerf late game items necessarily (although I'm definitely being harsh on the end game Mage items because they are pretty ridiculous), but rather to standardize the items and give them interesting and thematic effects with descriptions that actually describe how the items work. I'm trying to avoid effects that are too complicated though, as again, combat in Planescape is mostly aesthetic.

The Eye of Vecna in vanilla is hot garbage and a real missed opportunity IMO. There are so many sources of doubled first level spells (aka +6 Magic Missiles per rest) and there aren't any second level spells that I really recall caring enough about to memorize multiple additional copies. The version I describe here is very, very similar to some of the PnP incarnations of the item.
    edited August 2019
    After several days of full-time work on this, we're nearing the home stretch of a release. :smiley:
    Currently, I have almost all weapons implemented, all the equipment, and almost all of the companion items (except Nordom's). This leaves consumables and tattoos as the only other major groups of items I need to finish; consumables are probably going to be mostly untouched, and tattoos will probably be a mixed bag.

There are a few items on which I am mentally stuck for how to design them within the context of their theme and intent. I've listed them below in the spoiler, along with a brief summary of their background. If anyone has ideas for how these items should be implemented, please let me know.
    - The Justifier: an intelligent Lawful Good mace driven to the brink of insanity by being used as a torture weapon by a pack of Vrocks.
    - Entropic Blade: a transforming weapon given to you by Coaxmetal for helping him escape his tower (and thus unleashing him upon the planes). Provided as an alternative end-game weapon to Celestial Fire for TNOs who aren't Lawful Good.
    - Ingress' Teeth: a bag of teeth from a woman traumatized by wandering the planes. Adaptive bonuses based on your current plane or a bonus for each plane you visit are my current ideas.
    - Bolts of Kessek the Devourer: artifact bolts that devour their targets.

Furthermore, if there is a niche that you think needs an item to fill it, I'd welcome suggestions for any new items. Bonus points for cool or weird mechanics that you couldn't include in more "serious" games.
    edited August 2019
    Alright, as of now, excluding the four items listed in the previous post (namely: Entropic Blade, The Justifier, Ingress' Teeth, and Bolts of Kessek the Devourer), I have a version of the mod that updates all weapons, accessories, and party-member-exclusive equipment. I still haven't changed consumables or tattoos.
    @Aquadrizzt

He's back! Looking forward to downloading your work, much appreciated.
    First release let's goooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Current goals for future updates include: the items I listed in the first post, tattoos, and consumables. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Grab the latest version from the link in the first post of this thread. Let me know what y'all think. Have fun!
    edited September 2019
    Alright here's some good news about the future of this mod. According to @kjeron, you can actually (with a small UI change) allow equipped items to grant you item abilities, even when not equipped in the consumable slots. This behavior is for some reason not enabled by default.

What this means is that items equipped in your equipment slots can also have any special spell abilities accessible and usable. Optix can have Knock again! Kaleidoscopic Orb having Chromatic Orb is back on the table as well. I'm totally willing to entertain other thematic spell abilities for specific items.

E: On this subject, would you rather equipped items that grant abilities show the ability icon (e.g. Knock) or the item icon (e.g. Optix)? The name of the ability will always be the same as the source item, but the icon can be changed to be more helpful if people think that would be more user friendly than just knowing that you're using Optix' ability.
    I am currently at a bit of a design impasse and would appreciate any feedback people would like to offer.

One of the major things I wanted to do with this mod was a tattoo overhaul that rebalanced the tattoos and added substantially more for different quest/event resolutions (such as, for example, adding tattoos if you side with either of the non-Razor Angel options in the Alley of Dangerous Angles).

At some point, I also came up withthe idea of Major Tattoos, which were powerful tattoos that would go in the Chest slot rather than the Tattoo slots; basically, TNO would be able to equip one Major and three Minor tattoos. (Annah and Dak'kon would still have their three Minor tattoo slots each).

To provide some examples, here are some of my ideas for Major Tattoos.
    - Master Thief: +1 Luck, Use Any Item
    - Saboteur: passively Detect Traps, Set Traps (X/day)
    - Smoldering Corpse: immunity to fire damage, +50% outgoing fire damage, -100% outgoing acid, cold, electricity damage
    - Justice's Eye: passively Detect Evil, your attacks get the Holy (+2 damage vs non-Good, +4 vs. Evil) property

Note that none of these give currently bonuses directly to ability scores. Would they feel better from a gameplay/thematic sense if they gave one or two +1 bonuses to relevant ability score as well?

As for Minor Tattoos, other than making them use a recharging use system rather than a fixed number of charges, what balance of static bonuses vs. item abilities would be ideal? Should every item offer a static bonus, and then offer a spell as well if it's balanced and thematic?
    edited September 2019
    Myself I know I'm not using tattoos that have no static ability attached to them just because tattoos with +2 to a stat are so good. And I love the chest tattoo idea for TNO instead of any armor.

Tattoo of (greater) enduring neeeds to suck less - Something like 10%-25% physical and/or magical resistance seems much better.

Companion tattoos should be the only tattoos that have a better activated ability and less powerful static ability IMO.
    Morte - It could give you temporarily lesser damage resistance as Morte has, or possibly give a temporary +2 luck instead of 1, remove the paralyzation save, that never occurs. Static CON +1 and CHA+1, WIS-1
    Annah - +15% thieving skills, -2 CHA, temporary +2/3 DEX and +2/3 INT ?
    Grace - +1 WIS, +1 CHA, +1 saving throws, temporary 50% magic resistance
    Ignus - +2 INT, +2 CON, -2 CHA, -1 WIS, 75% temporary fire resistance
    Nordom - Make it cast Enoll Eva's Duplication once a day

Tattoo of the Redeemer gives + 3 stats and extra +1 luck while betrayer pales in comparison, therefore Betrayer + 3 to all damage from attacks, +2 STR, +1 INT

Probably a bit bland ideas but I'm sure someone will step in. :)
    @Queegon, good things to consider. I am more a fan of passives than actives for tattoos (use consumables for active abilities IMO), so a lot of my current designs focus more on the passive side of things. Some of the tattoos will include active abilities, but only when an active ability would fit the niche better than a passive.

For example, here's a comparison between the current Ignus tattoo and my revised one:

Tattoo of Ignus (Vanilla): +1 Constitution, +3 Hit Points, -15% Magic Resistance, -1 Wisdom; active: +15% Fire Resistance

Tattoo of the Smoldering Corpse (Mod): +1 Con, +1 Int, immunity to fire damage, +50% outgoing fire damage, -100% outgoing acid, cold, and electricity damage

I'm definitely thinking about whether I can get away with ditching the "Greater ..." tattoos entirely, and having that void be filled with more powerful minor tattoos and the new major tattoos (all of which, I think will give at least +2 total to various ability scores). The +2 Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence tattoos, for example, could become folded into the L12 specialization tattoos. Charisma could be handled by Silver Tongue, Constitution by maybe Lost Incarnation, and IDK about Wisdom.

And trust me, Betrayer is gonna be a lot better soon.
    edited September 2019
    Passives are absolutely a must, I never even bothered reading what the active tattoos do in PS:T. The companion suggestion was just there to keep them somewhat true to vanilla where half of the tattoos do have active abilities.

I like your revised Ignus tattoo in vacuum. In game, however, the fire-enhancing static ability affects literally Infernal Orb (1-6 damage +50%, yuck) and Fire and Ice (3-18 +50% and 0-0 Ice)...and, that's it? Most fire spells are Ignus-only and even then occupy level 1 through 3 only unless you plan on changing damage assigned by spells in addition to changing the tattoo.

As for the bracelet slot, Vhailor cannot use any bracelets in vanilla despite having a slot. With this his options are Aegis of Torment and Magus'?
    @Queegon, I thought there were more spells that dealt fire damage (the Ignus ones at least). If not, I'll think of something else for it.

And yes Vhailor can use the various AC bracelets (Magus Guard, Magus Shield, Aegis of Torment). I believe I made Intestinal Phylactery only usable by TNO.
    @Aquadrizzt

I have another proposition, there are two tears of Salieru-Dei in the game and this means you are either Lawful Good throughout the game, or get yourself just lawful enough and then drop rapidly via meta-gaming in order to not lose +2 CON. And who ever heard of lawful good thieves?

Would there be a possiblity of an item that's only for Chaotic (or even Chaotic Evil) characters? Probably giving your + STR?

Vanilla PS:T swindles you out of the best weapon in the game, +2 CON and +3 STR/DMG and buttload of XP, if you aren't lawful (good). That's a gripe I have with the vanilla - if you know the game, you are intentionally gimping yourself by roleplaying anything but a paladin. :/
    @Queegon, trust me I'm trying to fill in alterantive options rather than just the goodboi ones.

Also of potential interest to you, from the index above:
    Celestial Fire [Changed in v0.2]
    Combat Abilities:
    Not usable by: Evil characters

Entropic Blade [Added in v0.2]
    Combat Abilities:
    - Enervating: target must save vs. death (-4 penalty) or be drained 1 level
    - Anarchic: deals 2 additional damage to non-Chaotic creatures and 4 additional damage (total) to Lawful creatures
    Not usable by: Lawful characters
    v0.2 has arrived! (Better late than never). This is a pretty small patch but the next major content update is the tattoo overhaul and that'll take me a lot of time, so I'm releasing what I have now.

Changes:
    - Last Resort: no enchantment bonus to damage (1d4+3 to 1d4)
    - Entropic Blade: added, see index for details
    - Celestial Fire: alignment restriction weakened (LG only to non-Evil)
    - Clasp of Embalming: added, formerly Greater Charm of Embalming, see index for details
    - Kaleidoscopic Eye: restored Chromatic Orb ability
    - Optix: restored Knock ability
    - Shamanic Rod: changed to a wand weapon, see index for details
    - Black-barbed Branch: changed to a wand weapon, see index for details
    edited July 2020
    Okay let's talk tattoos a bit. The first distinction I want to make is that what the game currently refers to as tattoos, I will refer to as Minor Tattoos. This is to make a distinction between (normal) tattoos and a new set of tattoos called Major Tattoos, which the Nameless One can equip into their chest slot.

I have a lot of grand plans for what to do with the Major Tattoo slot, some of which I will outline below. In a attempt to moderately balance the addition of, effectively, an extra tattoo for TNO, the power of Minor Tattoos will be systematically reduced. Most notably, the +2 stat tattoos (and the other "Greater") will be removed as an option for Minor Tattoos. Some Major Tattoos will provide stat bonuses as appropriate.

With that in mind, here is a list of the Minor Tattoos I have sketched out thus far; beware of quest spoilers for some of them. New tattoos are marked with an asterisk (*). Tattoos I haven't fleshed out (heh) are marked with ??? and I welcome suggestions for their effects. The only real rule is that I don't want them to offer attribute bonuses.
    GENERAL
    - Might: Strength +1
    - Reflexes: Dexterity +1
    - Endurance: Constitution +1
    - Reason: Intelligence +1
    - Insight: Wisdom +1
    - Presence: Charisma +1
    - Health: Maximum Hit Points +10%
    - Accuracy: THAC0 +1
    - Bloodletting: Weapon damage +1
    - Warding: Armor Class +1

COMPANION
    - Annah: +5% Critical Hit Chance
    - Dak'kon*: Weapon Speed +2, Casting Speed +2
    - Fall-from-Grace: Experience Gain +15%
    - Ignus: Fire Damage +50%; immunity to fire and magical fire
    - Morte: ???
    - Nordom: Intelligence +2, Wisdom -1
    - Vhailor*: Axiomatic weapons (+2 damage vs. non-lawful, +4 vs. chaotic)

FACTION
    - Anarchist: THAC0 +2 vs Faction members (except Anarchists)
    - Dustman*: Protection from Undead (+2 to saves/AC vs. Undead)
    - Godsman: Blessed (+1 to hit and saves)
    - Sensate: Damage: +20%; Resistances: -10%
    - Xaositect*: Freedom of Movement (immunity to slow and immobilized)

QUEST
    Alley of Dangerous Angles
    - Razor Angel Ink: Protection from Evil (+2 to saves/AC vs. Evil)
    - Darkalley Shiv Ink*: Protection from Good (+2 to saves/AC vs. Good)
    - Black Rose*: Protection from Extremity (+2 to saves/AC vs. LG CG LE CE)

The Crier of Es-Annon
    - Dreams of Es-Annon: +4 to saves vs. Spells
    - Graves of Es-Annon: +4 to saves vs. Death

Corvus and Katrina
    - The Joining: When you hit with an attack, nearby allies gain +1 to hit for 2 rounds (can stack).
    - Spite: Enemies striking you lose 1 AC for 2 rounds (can stack).

Sebastion v. Grosuk
    - Grosuk's Demise: Enemies in melee range take 1d4 fire damage each round.
    - Sebastion's End: +10% Magic Resistance

Severed Arm (Yours)
    - Wasting Darkness: ???
    - Weeping Stones: ???
    - Silent Coins: ???

Miscellaneous
    - Trist's Savior: ???
    - Restless Dead: ???
    - Tenement Shadows: ???
    - Death-in-Life: ???
    - Avernus: ???
    - Ravel: ???
    - Black-barbed Call: ???
    - Black-barbed Maze: ???
    - Ravel's Kiss: ???

As for Major Tattoos, I want them to all be playstyle defining. If anyone is familiar with the Profile system from ME: Andromeda, that was the original inspiration for Major Tattoos. Every major tattoo should feel powerful and unique, and they are the reward for major achievements throughout the game.
    CLASS
    - The Generalist: +1 to all ability scores, can change class via item dialog
    - The Champion: Strength +2, +1 proficiency with all weapons (Fighter 12)
    - The Scoundrel: Dexterity +2, Use Any Item (Thief 12)
    - The Archmage: Intelligence +2, +1 spell slot per level (Mage 12)
    - The Hierophant: Wisdom +2, +1 spell slot per level (Priest 12)
    - The Executioner: +2 to minimum damage, 15% chance to decapitate humanoid enemies (save vs. death negates); cannot use non-Axe weapons (Axe 5)
    - The Blademaster: +2 Armor Class, 15% chance gain +1 APR for 1 round on a successful hit; cannot use non-Edged weapons (Edged 5)
    - The Pugilist: ??? (Fists 5)
    - ???: ??? (Clubs 5)
    - ???: ??? (Hammer 5)
    - The Cutpurse: create random minor items (3/day), ???
    - The Shadow: +1x backstab multiplier, +5% critical chance, gain invisibile after 2 rounds of not attacking (100 Stealth)
    - The Infiltrator: Dimension Door (3/day), passively detect portals, can teleport around Sigil via dialog (100 Lockpicking)
    - The Saboteur*: Set Trap (3/day), passively detect traps, ???

QUEST
    - The Lost Incarnation: ??? (Severed Arm)
    - The Tale-weaver: Intelligence +1, Charisma: +1, Allies within 30 feet are immune to fear and gain a +2 bonus to saves, hits, and skills (Hear all of Yves' stories)
    - The SIlver Tongue: Charisma +2, ??? (Flatter Ravel)
    - The Justicar: Strength +1, Wisdom +1, passive detect evil, Smite Evil (3/day) (Free Trist and arrest Byron)
    - The Redeemer: ??? (Save Trias)
    - The Betrayer: ??? (Kill Trias)

Obviously, there is a lot of space for more tattoos, especially for Minor Tattoos as quest rewards for other quests. Planescape has a massive amount of side quests, so some of them could probably produce pretty interesting minor effects. As always, suggestions welcome.
    What about different tattoos for Moridor's Box quest, one depicting completing the quest and another one failing it?
    edited June 2020
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »
    What about different tattoos for Moridor's Box quest, one depicting completing the quest and another one failing it?

Oooh I like that.
    - Tattoo of the Open Box (Minor): immune to fear, -1 Wisdom
    - Tattoo of the Banished Fiend (Minor): +2 THAC0 against fiends; fiends you critically hit are "banished" (slain)