Skip to content

[NPC MOD] Ishlilka the Wizard Slayer for BG1 + SOD [FULL VERSION 1.4]

1234568»

Comments

• zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    Yeah, I will need to make some EET-specific adjustments to get it functioning properly. In the meantime, you could use consoles to spawn her and most of the mod should function more or less as intended. It doesn't rely heavily on area scripts or anything of the sort.

Well I might give this a try if you give me the command to summon her... but later, I started another game with another team for now, and I'll try to push it a little further then... !
  • RabulizRabuliz Member Posts: 17
    Howdy! I just wanted to pop in and check in the BG2 progress. Is there an ETA by chance?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Sorry, I had missed this.

I had put Ishlilka's BG2 portion aside to work on other projects, and recently I joined a team looking to bring something really cool into NWN.

I was frustrated for a while because I had nearly completed a companion for IWD, like it would have been released that week, only to have the computer than contained both that mod and the work I had done on Ishlilka destroyed. That was highly disappointing to me, and for a while, I didn't want to even think about starting anything for the IE again.

But lately i've been feeling it pull at me again. No promises, but I might take up the project once again, this time making sure to create backups. I said I was going to finish it, and I want to make that happen.
    megamike15
  • RabulizRabuliz Member Posts: 17
    Sorry, I had missed this.

I had put Ishlilka's BG2 portion aside to work on other projects, and recently I joined a team looking to bring something really cool into NWN.

I was frustrated for a while because I had nearly completed a companion for IWD, like it would have been released that week, only to have the computer than contained both that mod and the work I had done on Ishlilka destroyed. That was highly disappointing to me, and for a while, I didn't want to even think about starting anything for the IE again.

But lately i've been feeling it pull at me again. No promises, but I might take up the project once again, this time making sure to create backups. I said I was going to finish it, and I want to make that happen.

I sure do hope you do. Your mod is definitely one of the best BG mods I’ve played and is the funnest one. I’m interested to see how things finish with my favorite orc badass.
    WarChiefZeke
    Thanks, I truly appreciate that.

Knowing there are still fans of Ishy makes me want to pull it up and work on it again, heh...

And now I want to update this version because I see a typo in the files and it is driving me mad.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @WarChiefZeke
    May we get the newest version uploaded to GitHub for greater exposure?

Thankee!
    I don't use GitHub, but you have my permission to post it on there, if you want.
    edited October 2020
    @Endarire I never did it, it was always something I had on the table but I bounce between projects too much.

But from what you linked me it should only take a matter of minutes since mine has no incompatiblities. I could probably do it by tommorow.

Edit: Wait, I read it wrong. It should already be compatible as long as you install it prior to EET.
    edited October 2020
    @WarChiefZeke
    I wasn't sure if you included or soon intended to include BG2EE content. If so, converting it to EET seemed wise.

I mentioned the Infinity Auto Packager since that plus the linked ModRelease tool (same post above) seemingly allows you to make Windows, Mac, and Linux mod versions easily.
  • HitoshuraHitoshura Member Posts: 8
    Soooooo I assume this project is dead? I always found Ishlika cute.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Most projects that go on for a long while tend to end up with a HD/PC crash with no back up and a thoroughly discouraged modder.

That or the modder ends up his/hers high school and university and after getting a job is super ultra busy with no free time nor strength to continue modding.

Too bad...
    JohnBob updated Ishlilka on GitHub for EET compatibility.

Enjoy!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    This might be a bit late, but I noticed that the romance active variable is set to "2" (which is usually the status of "committed") directly after choosing one flirty reply option. This seems a bit sudden, and as a player, I wouldn't know I just committed to the NPC at all.
  • ChitownWillieChitownWillie Member Posts: 12
    I noticed that she has 3 stars in "Spear" Proficiency.

Given that she's "newly trained", is this intentional?