Skip to content

New Renderer

1235»

Comments

• NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Consider these two consecutive tweets from a few days ago -

j8p3wj01kf2w.png

Now I wouldn't read too much into them but there are a few of things there that may (or may not, I'm not privy to such things) be of interest as far as NwN EE goes. AFAIK NwN was written in C++. The mention of rendering systems coupled with debugging graphical defects. Then in the tweet by @TrentOster the mention of being open to remote candidates (something that, from what was said in the live streams, they normally wouldn't normally consider).

Now I realise that it is very likely not, but wouldn't it be nice if BD was reconsidering the decision to abandon a new renderer for NwN but don't want to get our hopes up a second time? Ah well. We can but dream.

TR

Over on the careers page, they're also looking for an Unreal engine programmer and a senior Unreal engine programmer. This can mean only one thing.....they are redoing NWN in Unreal! ;)
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Also, I haven't noticed a single post going missing. perhaps I'm going blind.

TR
    I believe the only post missing is one that contained a lot of foul language directed at Julius.

JuliusBorisovDerpCityZwerkules
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited July 2020
    Dwayne wrote: »
    I have noticed that Beamdog has deleted a lot of posts here. I guess they can't take negative feedback.

The forum moderators make sure everyone follows the Site Rules. It has nothing to do with Beamdog getting feedback.
    DerpCitythemazingness
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    Also, I haven't noticed a single post going missing. perhaps I'm going blind.

TR
    I believe the only post missing is one that contained a lot of foul language directed at Julius.

There were others that use appropriate language but they were very upset about the topic. I was surprised they were deleted. They were mainly saying they were done with Beamdog since the changes they were told were going to happen never happened.
    I understand why Beamdog had to stop. I am not too upset. I just hate seeing posts disappear that were only negative.
    DerpCity
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm looking at the holding area and seeing only the post Doubledimas mentioned. We don't remove negative feedback. Maybe those posts you think about are on other forums, like Steam? (and they are there as well)
    DerpCityTarotRedhand
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I'm looking at the holding area and seeing only the post Doubledimas mentioned. We don't remove negative feedback. Maybe those posts you think about are on other forums, like Steam? (and they are there as well)

I don't use the nwn steam version. I prefer the Beamdog version and support Beamdog by only buying from them. I bet the posters deleted the post themselves if you can't find them. They were very upset and maybe after cooling down they came back and deleted their post. The fans here love the game so much that crushing their hopes really hurt and they did not think of all the other improvements that were made.
    Prince_RaymondTarotRedhandJuliusBorisov
  • CyrusJVCyrusJV Member Posts: 36
    Some of the bug reports were going to get fixed with the new renderer, and those reports are no longer open. Should I now create new bug reports?
    CyrusJV wrote: »
    Some of the bug reports were going to get fixed with the new renderer, and those reports are no longer open. Should I now create new bug reports?

No, you don't have to create new reports. I've passed the concern to our QA (I've seen another comment of yours).
  • AspirinsmurfAspirinsmurf Member Posts: 9
    Too bad about the renderer. I don't care that much, but it's always sad when something doesn't work out as you had hoped.
    Prince_RaymondDerpCity