Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I wonder if the translation files from the original could be ported over. Its not a perfect solution, and wouldn't include EE content, obviously.

@JuliusBorisov Since the translation was present in the original, it wouldn't count as new content, right? Is it being worked on/planned to be implemented?
  • KhanNovaKhanNova Member Posts: 12
    @ThacoBell Bg1 EE is translated for my country, Bg2 EE and SOD are apparently translated too BUT not include in the games. So, we need to wait (waiting since 2013) the release of the 2.6 patch who include the translations.

Seriously, i'm not impatient. It just take to much time for release something that we want since many years.
    ThacoBellPrince_Raymond
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited June 2020
    Greetings,

After watching my character's base attack bonus become a base attack penalty during every round of combat, yet again, I finally just quit NWN:EE, stepped away from my desk, and talked myself down. I've been trying to deal with this persistent bug in my single-player game for nearly 14 years, and I have only grown more frustrated with it as time goes on. This game is no longer fun for me to play, due to the fact that the combat UI in its current, faulty state forces my character's BAB to take a sudden, deep dive into negative digits.

I understand there is a lot of heavy development going on, and that there are other issues that take priority. For example, hard crashes to Desktop, failures to launch the game, the Baldur's Gate language issue Mr. @KhanNova mentioned above, etc. Believe me, I do not wish for my gameplay issue to take precedence over any gamebreaking issues. That would be both selfish and silly of me to ask such a thing. All I ask of Beamdog and the NWN Community is to please not let this issue be dismissed. I didn't spend years of my life researching this bug, getting a second chance to report this bug, only to have no resolution come of it.

I'll wait as long as it takes for this bug to get fixed, just please, please don't dismiss it. If I seem to be desperate and begging, it's most likely because I am.

In closing, I would like to direct a question to Mr. @TrentOster. I was recently informed that Mr. Shaiden and Mr. Andrew Gauthier are no longer working for Beamdog. Before Mr. Shaiden's departure, he and I had a correspondence on the now deactivated Redmine site regarding my issue. He mentioned that they were still looking into it, and that it "definitely raised a few eyebrows". Have either you or Mr. @CameronTofer witnessed the reproduction of this bug yourselves? If so, were either of your sets of eyebrows among the ones that were raised? Please respond at your leisure.

Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    SorrowSeer wrote: »
    "The iPad Is Getting Keyboard And Mouse Support For Gaming
    As announced at WWDC20, developers will now be able to add keyboard and mouse support for games on iPad."

Will there be keyboard and mouse support for IWD, BG EE 1&2 support added?

That'd be great!

Anyway, you can try the mouse experience right now if your version of iPadOS is 13.4 or higher. Yes, it's very basic, but still "enjoyable"...
    StummvonBordwehr
    Wait, so tablets are getting keyboards and mice now? So uh, they are becoming laptops?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Basically yes. I still prefer laptops though as they are easier to upgrade if you need more memory or disk space.
    Prince_RaymondAerakarThacoBell
    edited July 2022
    @JuliusBorisov Yes, sir, I understand their bug-fixing schedule is based on a lot of factors. As I stated above, I'm not asking for my gameplay issue to take priority over any game-breaking issues. All I'm asking is for the Attack Bonus Miscalculation Bug not to be dismissed. Please, I'm begging you. I will never understand why anyone would accept their combat-oriented character's BAB becoming a negative number during every combat round. Every stable patch up to version 1.67 doesn't have this issue, yet Patch 1.68 to current does! Whoever it was at BioWare who thought it would be a good idea to implement these additional penalties back when Patch 1.68 went live, should have been the recipient of a barehanded gut punch from Ernie Shavers in his prime. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    @JuliusBorisov The french language version

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited July 2020
    KhanNova wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov The french language version

The French translation.

We couldn't use the original French translation for BG2 due to copyrights. But the volunteer translators worked hard and finished (with the help of a side company) a new translation for the console release. SoD is also translated.

The French translation for BG2 and SoD will come to the PC version of the game with the 2.6 patch. It hasn't been added to the PC version yet (but it's available on Switch, PS4 and Xbox) because we haven't released the 2.6 patch.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Prince_RaymondmlneveseAaemforeverSanctifer
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited July 2020
    But the volunteer translators worked hard and finished a new translation for the console release. They also translated SoD.

The French translation for BG2 and SoD will come to the PC version of the game with the 2.6 patch. It hasn't been added to the PC version yet (but it's available on Switch, PS4 and Xbox) because we haven't released the 2.6 patch.
    Actually it's not volunteers who translated BG2EE and SoD in french for consoles but a company. Our team of volunteers never started on SoD and were still far from completing BG2EE either.
    Still it's nice to get confirmation that this translation will be included in the next patch for other platforms. Until now I don't think there was any commitment about that.
    JuliusBorisovSanctifer
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited July 2020
    @JuliusBorisov While checking something on GOG for someone else I came across an oddity with their version of NwN EE. I don't know if this is down to GOG or BD. What I noticed is that the game version for download is 80.8193.13 but the patch for those who have an older version installed only takes their version up to 78.8186. Is there a logical reason for this, is it an oversight or is there another reason?

Note - this is not via Galaxy but the offline/backup installers.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    That one is up to GOG (you can contact them about the issue).
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    Are the tickets within the Beamdog Service Desk being considered for the 2.6 patch?
    I reported quite some bugs and inconsistencies for both Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale back in December 2019 and non of these tickets have yet received an answer despite a status change at all.
  • fearlessfearless Member Posts: 40
    @ATigersClaw they got rid of the redmine ticket support system - url for https://support.baldursgate.com/ shows 502 bad gateway now. New support system (https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/user/requests?reporter=all&page=1) shows nothing: no tickets opened or closed for anyone.
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    Biggest thing I am hoping for in 2.6 is fixing the simulacrum known spells. I know it's been reported, but just want put a reminder that right now the spells my simulacrum knows is by alphabetical order. Meaning they likely won't know stoneskin and protection from magical weapons, but rather spells that will be kind of useless to them.
    Parys
    edited July 2020
    @JuliusBorisov If the Jira Service Desk only shows open and closed tickets to you (Beamdog), how are we "general users" supposed to know if an issue has been either corrected or dismissed? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all?

Edit: This marks my 316th post, son. Let's crack open a couple of Steveweisers and toast over a roast. Oh, Hell Yeah!
    Pokota
    @JuliusBorisov If the Jira Service Desk only shows open and closed tickets to you (Beamdog), how are we "general users" supposed to know if an issue has been either corrected or dismissed? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all?

Edit: This marks my 316th post, son. Let's crack open a couple of Steveweisers and toast over a roast. Oh, Hell Yeah!

General users can't see that information.
    2.6 patch? Any news? When?

https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/the-road-to-2-6
    bleusteelStummvonBordwehrAaemforever
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited July 2020
    Is the way to get a steam key for my BeamDog games still by writing to support@beamdog.com? I seem to be unable to find the current information concerning that.
    EDIT: Found it: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50138/requesting-steam-keys/p1
    It's via https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals apparently.

I'm not sure why this thread is placed into the Siege of Dragonspeare subforum, though, I'd rather expect it in a more general place in the forums.
    Post edited by jastey on
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @JuliusBorisov
    Hello Julius
    I would like to participate in The Road to 2.6, however, I have purchased BG games directly from Beamdog. Is there any way to join the beta testing?
    You can ask for a Steam key from our support at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals (this way you will have 2 versions of the game).
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited July 2020
    It seems I can no longer select the BG:EE 1.3 legacy version option in Steam now that the 2.6 beta is public. Is that by design? If so, please restore the 1.3 legacy version option.
    JuliusBorisovhook71KamigoroshiRavenslight
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    You can ask for a Steam key from our support at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals (this way you will have 2 versions of the game).

Does this mean the beta won't be available on Beamdog client?
    Adul wrote: »
    It seems I can no longer select the BG:EE 1.3 legacy version option in Steam now that the 2.6 beta is public. Is that by design? If so, please restore the 1.3 legacy version option.

It's now restored.
    Pecca wrote: »

Does this mean the beta won't be available on Beamdog client?

It's unlikely the beta will be available on the Beamdog Client.
    AdulThacoBellStummvonBordwehrPrince_Raymond
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you!
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrPrince_Raymond
    @JuliusBorisov Did the beta 2.6 patch add the news translations (French, German etc) to SOD and baldur's gate 2 ? Thank you
    Klinge
    @JuliusBorisov "It's unlikely the beta will be available on the Beamdog Client."

Wait, really? What's the reasoning for that? 2.5's beta was on the Beamdog Client.
    Prince_RaymondOrlonKronsteen
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    The Beamdog Client itself isn't working on all platforms.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Pokota wrote: »
    The Beamdog Client itself isn't working on all platforms.
    Neither is 2.6 so far :D