Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

• RabulizRabuliz Member Posts: 17
    Is it possible that there could be a conflict with another mod? I have the sellswords installed as well.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I can safely say that a successful install with no files added to the game is functionally impossible. Are you sure you're not seeing anything in EEKeeper? Make sure it's leading to the correct game directory if you're really not seeing a creature or anything. The spawn point is in the little hallway leading into the main hall of the Radiant Heart, by the way.
    I’ll double check. Thanks for the replies by the way.
    I uninstalled BG2 (I’m running EE and I don’t have Dragonspear yet) reinstalled the mod and it’s working fine now. I’m really enjoying this, thanks!!
    I’m really loving the mod, I’m glad you put this together
    Dapifer
  • DapiferDapifer Member Posts: 11
    First and foremost, thank you for your hard work!

I recently finished BGEE1 with Sirene and just love her!

I registered to the forum just to show my apreciation for your work.

Thank you so much for doing this and kudos for a job well done!
    xiaoleiwen
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i think sirene is fine in bg1. aion is just critical as she was their first mod.

sirene like isra can be introduced as a new npc in bg2 so you don't really need to have played the bg 1/sod content. i still recommend it as you get some back story stuff and her bg 2 quest gets some foreshadowing in the sod content.
    [Deleted User]ThacoBellilduderino
  • bhavbhav Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    Was wondering there was a guide or hints for Sirene’s romance progression. I seem to have stalled on ‘love talks’ and only get non-dialogue flirts (descriptive text in parentheses, no conversation). Talks with other party members are progressing and I’m hoping to avoid accidentally ending Sirene’s romance. I checked the global variables using EEKeeper and, as best as I can tell, romance is set to “2” (but I may be looking at the wrong variable). Any advice is appreciated.

EDIT: resolved; had to hit specific triggers to advance in the romance.
    Post edited by bhav on
  • bhavbhav Member Posts: 11
    @AionZ , if you're still supporting this mod, I'd appreciate a bit of guidance. I'm unable to trigger Sirene's random encounter (when traveling overland from the City Gates district). I'm still in chapter 3, right after collecting the fee for Gaelan Boyle. (Journal says Chapter 15 because I'm using EET). For reference, C0SireneLovetalk = 35, and C0SireneRomanceActive = 2. Is there a safe way to teleport to the location that doesn't break the mod or story sequence? Thanks in advance.
    Thrasymachus
  • AtiseAtise Member Posts: 5
    AionZ,

I've recently found out that Sirene is one of the few custom NPCs who could accompany CHARNAME from BG1, SoD, BG2, and TOB.

I wanted to say thank you for making this awesome character.

I've been having lots of joys while she's in the party.

Especially the event in the end of BG1 and SoD.

And yes I register the forum just to say thank you for your work :]
    ThacoBellRev1395ilduderinoxiaoleiwen
  • NezgalNezgal Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    nvm
    Post edited by Nezgal on
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited July 2020
    One *small* encounter?

Also, does the special guest only show up if the PC is romancing her? I don't recall this event in my previous play through.
    Post edited by Maurvir on
    edited July 2020
    Quick question - is there any use for the dead body you find?

Also, since the upgrade item for Celestial Fire is in WK, why can't Cromwell do the upgrade?
    @Maurvir
    Does the special guest only show up if the PC is romancing her?
    No
    Is there any use for the dead body you find?
    No
    Also, since the upgrade item for Celestial Fire is in WK, why can't Cromwell do the upgrade?
    I have no idea. Laziness, I suppose.
    Well, I guess I can have Sirene stop hauling it around. At 180 pounds, it's quite a chunk. The party has visited nearly every temple in the game and never found anyone that wanted it.
  • WinterstravelerWinterstraveler Member Posts: 1
    Made an account to tell you what a swell job you've done on this one. I did a run-through of the saga with Sirene, and the writing was great. I had a possible bug with a lovetalk in SoA, but I was able to fix it with your provided console commands. On the whole, one of, if not the, best set of mods I've used on this game. Looking forward to your future projects, and if you ever make a mod for a different game, let us know!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    bhav wrote: »
    @AionZ , if you're still supporting this mod, I'd appreciate a bit of guidance. I'm unable to trigger Sirene's random encounter (when traveling overland from the City Gates district). I'm still in chapter 3, right after collecting the fee for Gaelan Boyle. (Journal says Chapter 15 because I'm using EET). For reference, C0SireneLovetalk = 35, and C0SireneRomanceActive = 2. Is there a safe way to teleport to the location that doesn't break the mod or story sequence? Thanks in advance.

I encountered the same issue - I was able to access that encounter during a few times that I was just messing around, but couldn't get it to trigger when I was playing the game in earnest.
    edited July 2020
    Ok, quick question. When the party arrived at the river (where the Yagashura soldiers are), Sirene asked to visit a temple and supposedly marked the location on the map.

There is no new location on the map, and the one temple you can visit (the temple of Waukeen in Amkethran) doesn't appear to be the one she meant.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind, it occurred to me to ask her about it where she first mentioned it.
    Post edited by Maurvir on
    My BG2 party just finished ToB the other night, and I was phenomenally impressed with how Sirene was handled here. It actually tugged on my MC's heart strings as the Solar was waiting. Seriously, that was a great epilogue, and it all felt very natural.

I can now say, having finished a complete run with her from Beregost to ToB, I love this mod and now consider Sirene to be part of my default mod loadout.
    ThacoBellSharGuidesMyHand
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I believe one of the random banters are getting cut short, and I want to know if it belongs to Sirene or not. First line is all that plays, and it comes from Viconia who I think is talking to Sirene: "You disgust me elg'caress"

Sirenes mod or something else? Keep in mind I have more mods on than is probably smart, I don't expect anyone is capable of untangling the mess.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    I don't see that word myself in the Sirene mod checking the B files. It's likely another mod.
    What is a B file, and how do I check them?
    @lollers

That dialogue is from the BG1 part of the mod, but this thread's for the BG2 version. I'm not sure why it's not going off properly as I don't see any issue with the mod's coding. Is this on an EET install?
    edited January 2021
    It is on an EET install. I guess the problem is that I've passed it and am now onto seige of dragonspear? Or else the Tamoko mod extended the post-sarevok death in a way that Sirene did not like. I remember from the last time I played this 2.5 version of the game in EET that SoD is supposed to proceed the instant Sarevok dies. I don't have any better guesses. I have had the habit of swapping people in and out of the group regularly, and forcing dialogs with ctrl-I and advance real time. Don't know which parts of what I've said is related to this issue, or if any of it is.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    bhav wrote: »
    @AionZ , if you're still supporting this mod, I'd appreciate a bit of guidance. I'm unable to trigger Sirene's random encounter (when traveling overland from the City Gates district)...

I thought that I would mention that I had this problem as well when I used this mod (summer 2019). I was using an earlier version of the mod, so perhaps the May 2020 version has fixed it. Everything else ran normally (SoA + ToB) as far as I can tell (although I don't think she received the combat bonuses for training with Valygar in ToB). No other encounters were missed. I hadn't realized that I missed anything until after I finished the game.

That missed encounter aside, this was a brilliant mod! Sirene is one of my favourite NPCs. I really enjoyed having her around through the entire series (BG, SoD, BG2, ToB). Thanks!
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    I'm having Sirene and Isra in the same party. After waking up from rest in the inn yesterday, Isra initiated her second quest related talk. Before finishing the talk, Sirene suddenly initiated her nightmare talk and this caused Isra talk ended abruptly and her quest was broken (since she has to finish that talk to progress her quest). Reloaded few times until Sirene talked first has solved this.

I'm not sure whether Sirene's nightmare talk will do the same thing to the other vanilla or mod npc, so I just leave a report here. Her other talks will follow queue like normal, so far this only happen once.
    qd92ccw1vbh0.jpg

If I remember correctly, this item is from Sirene MOD. The NPC who equips this will loss 10 HP whenever I load the game.
    edited February 2021
    ofqnprvzr1bh.jpg
    qroccgtmhwui.jpg
    1b96v06c9wfd.jpg
    5v2gwuoi112l.jpg

I can't explain how satisfying this encounter was, it really made me thrilled.. The timing of second wind is surprising and when he used timestop is really smart. I wonder this is original design or it is affected by the SCS mod that I have installed (hardcore difficulty). Truly an epic battle!