Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• zartanzartan Member Posts: 13
    meowdog wrote: »
    I'm attaching 2 zip files containing UI.menu files for all three versions (SoD, BG2, EET) with the following fixes:

The second zip file also contains inventory changes, no need to click twice anymore, but when you hover an inventory slot you also select the character it belongs to. Switching characters with hotkeys now puts an overlay over currently hovered inventory slots, preventing from clicking on them, since it would actually click on a corresponding slot of the newly selected character.

Game BG2:EE. I have encountered a severe bug with override-inv version. I have lost access to inventory of the top four characters in a six party team. Trying to click on any item of those top four will only access the 5th or 6th party members inventory. Seems somewhat random is it 5th or 6th inventory that get accessed when trying to use the other four. One of character's inventory screen start greyed out when accessing inventory for the first time and when you move your mouse over someone else's it disappears.

Fully uninstalling the UI mod and then installing the mod with the file from override-inv will make the bug re-appear. If I start a new game with MC and Imoen. The 2nd character's inventory only works. When I recruit Minsc the 2nd character loses inventory and so forth until the situation is the same as described earlier.

Possible cause???: my 6th party member got mazed in Planar Prison and I hopped into one of those pulsating blobs during it.
  • SamWARSamWAR Member Posts: 4
    ArthasII wrote: »
    What s the cosmetic issue? I cannot see it.

The Buttons. They are squares now instead of the usual diamonds. And on the Script menu they are oversized.
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited August 2020
    Pecca, when should we wait for a complete update of your mod with fixes for all current issues?
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2020
    EDIT: Nevermind. Found a stray file in my documents override. It works, and looks great.
    Post edited by Durandalis on
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    Hi @skusha ,Afaik, @Pecca isnt working on this beautiful project anymore. He opened it up for everyone interested.
    So If you are Into it, go for it. :)
    I dont have the skill and the eye for such an eye Candy.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1088731/#Comment_1088731
    Timbo0o0o0 wrote: »
    @Pecca isnt working on this beautiful project anymore.
    Recently, he was informed that the work on updating this mod is in progress. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1135449/#Comment_1135449
    Pecca wrote: »
    Hi, yes I'm still working on it.
    Great news! Thank you for your work! We will wait for 2.6 and complete mod update after that.
    Yeeha! Thats nice to read. Thank you @Pecca . :)
    I'll share some WIP screenshot
    Can you please share one or two more screenshots? :)
    At least a screenshot of the character and inventory window.

• Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited August 2020
    Sorry Pecca, I just want to understand if something is possible to do. In the inventory page, would it be possible to have bigger item icons and only inventory of the currently selected character?

It's just that I always play the game solo, and instead of a big empty space on inventory page with small icons, it would be great to have bigger icons in backpack and more focus on the current character. Maybe a possibility to change between 2 versions of inventory pages if it's not a huge work to do?

I just feel like the item icons are a bit too small as it stands, and it's not giving enough emphasis on the item icons themselves. This is just my personal subjective opinion. I admire your work in any case and will keep on using this mod regardless. Thanks
    Post edited by Ludwig_II on
  • SamWARSamWAR Member Posts: 4
    Allright :). Everything is still work in progress though.
    3erdniwh1cpx.png
    z7kz0xdq5ddg.png

This looks absolutely amazing. Thank you for doing it. Looking forward to release.
    Allright :). Everything is still work in progress though.
    It looks amazing and very beautifully! Looking forward to the release of this great project! Thanks!
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,177
    Thanks. I decided for a more extensive visual upgrade mainly to utilize a function which can render high res graphical resources. Scaled interface is looking much better now. The whole UI can be zoomed too from inside game options, there are still few issues though.
    Looks grandiose and unique as for me! If you'd agreed with Bubb and added Bubb's Auto Looting to your mod (Bubb has dropped this mod and isn't even answering the topic messages), and adapted it for EET - then it would all be amazing together! :)
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    It's not that I'm ignoring posts, it's just that I don't have enough time to monitor everything I've put out there, (frankly, I've started too many projects, and now that classes have started I have even less time to devote to them).

Auto Looting was one of my first UI projects, and as such it is below my current standards. I can investigate a rewrite that includes EET / Dragonspear support, but I can't guarantee anything.
    edited August 2020
    Bubb wrote: »
    It's not that I'm ignoring posts, it's just that I don't have enough time to monitor everything I've put out there, (frankly, I've started too many projects, and now that classes have started I have even less time to devote to them).

Auto Looting was one of my first UI projects, and as such it is below my current standards. I can investigate a rewrite that includes EET / Dragonspear support, but I can't guarantee anything.

Thank You for the answer. :) If you add EET compatibility to Bubb's Auto Looting mod and manage to integrate your mod and Dragonsrear++, it will be great!!! Please do it if possible. :)
  • Kookies4LaifKookies4Laif Member Posts: 24
    Is there any way to get this to work with Icewind Dale EE? I love it so much, and it would be awesome sauce if it were possible.

Thanks in advance!
  • VerthissVerthiss Member Posts: 22
    Yeah it would be amazing to have it in IWD:EE. I love IWD UI's color palette and style, but inventory management with dragonspear ui++ is simply too good to pass.
  • TwiceTestedTwiceTested Member Posts: 18
    Pecca, you are amazing! I love this UI and with it, I might FINALLY convince myself to play through IWD! I love the combat but the horrible inventory managment of the default UI just keeps turning me off. There isn't the AMAZING bg2 storyline to make it worth playing through.
  • Kookies4LaifKookies4Laif Member Posts: 24
    You're the awesomiest. Keep up the good work sir Pecca! *cyber hugs!*
  • VerthissVerthiss Member Posts: 22
    There isn't the AMAZING bg2 storyline to make it worth playing through.
    Give it a try! There are some things that can make IWD worth your while. Some of the NPC mods for IWD are very good and compliment the story well, (vanilla) bard and druid classes are tons of fun in IWD, most of IWD locations look better than anything BG2 has to offer and unique loot tends to be more satysfying (and it's randomness can be good) imo.

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    if this mod fixes the few issues i had last time i used it : the talk with kolssed bugging out in the nwn text box, movies not playing right, and some modded npc's portraits not shewing up as their full size.

i may start using this mod again.
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    zartan wrote: »
    Game BG2:EE. I have encountered a severe bug with override-inv version. I have lost access to inventory of the top four characters in a six party team. Trying to click on any item of those top four will only access the 5th or 6th party members inventory. Seems somewhat random is it 5th or 6th inventory that get accessed when trying to use the other four. One of character's inventory screen start greyed out when accessing inventory for the first time and when you move your mouse over someone else's it disappears.

Fully uninstalling the UI mod and then installing the mod with the file from override-inv will make the bug re-appear. If I start a new game with MC and Imoen. The 2nd character's inventory only works. When I recruit Minsc the 2nd character loses inventory and so forth until the situation is the same as described earlier.

Possible cause???: my 6th party member got mazed in Planar Prison and I hopped into one of those pulsating blobs during it.
    Can you share a save file with the issue?
    meowdog wrote: »

Can you share a save file with the issue?

Here you go, save + weidu log
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    Here you go, save + weidu log
    The save file itself works fine for me, but you have a lot of mods, while I tried with DUI only.
    I guess one of those mods does something clever, which messes up the inventory code.

Is there an easy way to install all these mods without searching online and installing them one by one?
    edited August 2020
    @meowdog , maybe with PI (Project Infinity) from Alien, or with the install-tool from Roxeanne.
    Im not 100% sure, but afaik, the old Big Wold Install Tool could create a Copy of an Installation via loading a weidu.
    It's the override-inv menu file that is causing the problem. I uninstalled all of the mods today and the problem only re-appears after I added ui.menu to override folder from override-inv.zip

I recorded a short video showing the problem. https://streamable.com/zu87j3

Also as a side note. If you use a spell mod such as Icewind Dale spells from SCS. You can't memorize and use all of the spells from your spellbook. The book only shows 14 spells per page and there seems to be no way of turning the page or scrolling lower. So if you memorize more than 14 spells of one spell level you lose access to the spell that is closed to the letter Z. The last spell will become visible again when you unscribe another spell.