Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Is there a console command to move a character within a map? I somehow had my protagonist get stuck inside a wall in the ice island area, and I'd like to know if there's a way to clear that up in-game.

(Not critical; I ended up reloading to a slightly earlier save, and redoing one major battle.)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @jmerry: You can use CTRL-J to move currently-selected characters to wherever the mouse is currently pointing.
  • SeorrSeorr Member Posts: 7
    I recall City Gates and Brynnlaw using the same file for their stores. Is that still true in EE?
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I'm curious, does anyone know? Where is Irenicus' dungeon, really? He having a dungeon under Athkatla, ok. Elliseme having a room in said dungeon, why? Since you use a portal to travel between levels, maybe they aren't actually both in the same area? I can't imagine Elliseme wanting to stay in such a place.

Any lore insights?
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Given just how much information and lore there is in these games, it is quite easy to overlook or forget something. I mean, how many people out there still think that Minsc is a barbarian even though he's a ranger?
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    Given just how much information and lore there is in these games, it is quite easy to overlook or forget something. I mean, how many people out there still think that Minsc is a barbarian even though he's a ranger?
    Imoen basically tells you what the room is 10 minutes into the game; how hard is that to understand?

I have never heard of anyone mistaking Minsc as anything other than a Ranger... That's a new one.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Well, I have. Plenty of times. Also I used to be one of them. ?

Anywho, don't dunk on people just because they don't know every little detail about a video game. It's not cool.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2019
    Reading comprehension.
    Times like this, the teacher/ex-teacher in me dies a little, along with my hope in the future of humanity...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    We have high standards for respectful conduct on this forum. Those standards are in the Site Rules, and posting on the forum means agreeing to them. If you have any concerns, please send a PM to a moderator so we can discuss them privately.

Respectful disagreement is a cornerstone of this community.
  • kcmorris84kcmorris84 Member Posts: 3
    Are there triggers or requirements for certain selection sounds? I've been doing multiple playthroughs lately, and I've noticed something that seems off about Jaheira's in my latest one.

In the first two playthroughs of BGEE recently, I never got her "By your command" line, but in this most recent playthrough it seems to have entirely replaced her "Yes, o omnipresent authority figure" one, which hasn't been playing at all. I'm a bit bothered by it, as I much prefer the authority figure one, but I've not been able to find any information on why it might be happening.

This most recent playthrough is an EET one (my first time trying EET), so it's possible something in that changed something under the hood, but I'm also wondering if there might be some other reason, perhaps based on character alignment or race (first two files were NE / CN elves, this one is a LG human).
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    I have been having an issue with Baldur’s Gate on my iPhone. Could one of you explain to me how I can gain access to specifically the CTRL 8 cheat in Baldur’s Gate? I have a Bluetooth keyboard.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @kcmorris84 Its random. The "By your command" is her "rare" selection sound. You're just having some interesting luck.

@Eddard_Stark You can't :(
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    Do you think that it would be possible in the future? What is the likelihood of this being possible in the future?
  • kcmorris84kcmorris84 Member Posts: 3
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @kcmorris84 Its random. The "By your command" is her "rare" selection sound. You're just having some interesting luck.

I really don't know that it's luck in this case. I've repeatedly clicked her at numerous points throughout the playthrough just out of curiosity and it's always been this way.

v5r3qul4hp0p.png

If I load up one of my non-EET runs and do the same it comes out more like you would expect:

likzud17yfsb.png

I'd imagine it's due to something in my EET install, but it was curious, so I thought I'd ask if there was something I didn't know about!
    That's bizarre.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2020
    nvm
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    What is the exact timeline of SoD? We're trying to establish if Kelemvor was already a god during SoD campaign. According to 2ed sourcebooks, Kelemvor ascended to godhood on 27th of Nightal 1368 DR (which is the last month of 1368). I know that BG1 takes place in 1368 and BG2 in 1369, but how about SoD? Is it start in 1369 or maybe late 1368?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Cahir wrote: »
    What is the exact timeline of SoD? We're trying to establish if Kelemvor was already a god during SoD campaign. According to 2ed sourcebooks, Kelemvor ascended to godhood on 27th of Nightal 1368 DR (which is the last month of 1368). I know that BG1 takes place in 1368 and BG2 in 1369, but how about SoD? Is it start in 1369 or maybe late 1368?

SoD starts officially on 12 Uktar 1368, at 7 o'clock in the morning. Uktar is the second last month of the year. I'd guess the average in-game time to complete the campaign is probably around one or two months, so it's highly likely that Kelemvor's ascension takes place shortly after the events or possibly near the final stages.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    Edit: Ignore.
    Post edited by Blackbɨrd on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    argent77 wrote: »

SoD starts officially on 12 Uktar 1368, at 7 o'clock in the morning. Uktar is the second last month of the year. I'd guess the average in-game time to complete the campaign is probably around one or two months, so it's highly likely that Kelemvor's ascension takes place shortly after the events or possibly near the final stages.

@argent77 thank you. We may have found a little lore inconsistency while translating SoD to Polish. In chapter 2 there is a discussion between lord Bence Duncan and Skie, where disheartened Bence says: "Kelemvor take me now, please..." (line 69932).

Since the whole conversation takes place fairly early in SoD, I don't think Kelemvor ascended by then. And even if he did, I don't think the news spread around so quickly.

I noticed that too when I looked it up in NI. There is also a second reference to Kelemvor (strref 70424) used by Idyletia, a creature related to the spectacles quest. Although that creature appears to be a solar, so maybe it has some insights into future events.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

@argent77 thank you. We may have found a little lore inconsistency while translating SoD to Polish. In chapter 2 there is a discussion between lord Bence Duncan and Skie, where disheartened Bence says: "Kelemvor take me now, please..." (line 69932).

Since the whole conversation takes place fairly early in SoD, I don't think Kelemvor ascended by then. And even if he did, I don't think the news spread around so quickly.

I noticed that too when I looked it up in NI. There is also a second reference to Kelemvor (strref 70424) used by Idyletia, a creature related to the spectacles quest. Although that creature appears to be a solar, so maybe it has some insights into future events.

It's possible, yes, but I still think this is just an oversight from Beamdog's side. Anyway just a minor thing.
  • BlueSlatesBlueSlates Member Posts: 3
    Hey, I was wondering if there's a way to prevent or stop the first part of Neera's romance from starting in BG1. I got her "I've been thinking bout you" convo and according to EE Keeper every option seems to progress it, and taking the rude option to shut the talk down apparently stops any convos with her after that point, unless I'm wrong about that?? But I also don't want to be mean to her :(
    @BlueSlates The BG1 "romance" isn't really a romance. A full romance doesn't start until SoA. At best, she might have a crush on charname at this point. Its nothing official, which is why "breaking" it means ending your friendship.

@ThacoBell
    Ah thanks, and yeah, I know it isn't an official romance, it's just annoying that there doesn't seem to be a way out of it, especially since I want to get Dorn's flirty lines as well. Will Neera's not-quite-a-romance block those from firing?
    BlueSlates wrote: »
    @ThacoBell
    Ah thanks, and yeah, I know it isn't an official romance, it's just annoying that there doesn't seem to be a way out of it, especially since I want to get Dorn's flirty lines as well. Will Neera's not-quite-a-romance block those from firing?

I don't think it would. Its not like having someone maybe like you would stop another person from maybe possibly liking you. Its not a romance, so much as a budding friendship.
    @ThacoBell Ah well, guess I'll just have to bear it and hope for the best lol. Thanks!
  • billy_pilgrimbilly_pilgrim Member Posts: 132
    Hey guys small question about "Eyes of the Archer" amulet, does anyone know if it applies to all ranged attack or only to missile weapons? e.i. can I use it with throwing weapons?