Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The General Questions Thread

1363738394042»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 7,870

When forum members say "Canon" do they mean by BG's literature or games? Or are they symmetrical lore-wise?

Default to the games. The novels have been mostly "de-canoned" by Wizards anyway.

lnstructor_
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,741
    edited July 2018
    I would say its a mixed bag. Wizards certainly solidified that Abdel Adrian (the protagonist of the novel) is the canon character. But beyond that the games probably would be treated as the go-to for lore (as long as it doesn't conflict with other writings - like Lands of Intrigue).

lnstructor_lolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 1,644
    Raduziel said:

Your name starting with a lowercase L makes you a hard man to tag.

Haha, same here.

semiticgod
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 71
    Why was the druid kit Avenger named Avenger? What are they avenging? How does it relates to Druids at all? I get the Shapeshifter shapeshifts, The Totemic Druid chooses a Totem, but what does the Avenger avenge?

• lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 71
    Are the EE of Baldur's Gate games considered retro?

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2018
    If anomen fails his test, do:
    1) all his banters actually change with all the npcs?
    2) do the banters change with only few selected npcs ?
    3) do the banters with the main protagonist change?

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 495
    Are there command-line switches for the Infinity Engine games?

• DeixterShawl33DeixterShawl33 Member Posts: 17
    Where can we ask for a feature on the forum that shows what we purchased on which platform we are playing at?

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,773
    You can open a thread with a request in the Site Resources section.
    Now, i don't know how the forum engine actually works, but i think it would need much editing by hand, and implementation can be hard and very unlikely because of that.