Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Max Total Roll ?????

1235»

Comments

• speancerspeancer Member Posts: 9
    I'm fairly new to the game, but I managed some decent rolls I guess, as I was playing around with different character builds for a bit before I started my actual playthrough. The highest roll I ever had was for an archer character with a total score of 96, it seems very easy to hit 90+ rolls for Rangers, as they have high minimal ability figures. I also rolled a juicy 93 twice for a berserker.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,174
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @hellwalker31 If you reduce a stat and keep one point unspent, hitting CTRL-8 will reset the stats to all 18's and you will still have the unspent point.

Oh, and I meant the one point as an example. You can stock however many points you want this way.

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 2,107
    Chance of a perfect roll as a half-orc: about one in 5*10^12 for most classes, about one in 3*10^12 for a shaman, about one in 1*10^12 for a shadowdancer. Assuming you haven't tweaked the race/class eligibility rules, of course.

Given the number of players that have ever played this game, and how many times they've rolled stats ... I don't know about that "had to happen eventually" part. After all, most players don't roll millions of times.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,201
    edited November 2020
    I do use the reroller while I'm watching TV so I do have a LOT of rolls. I've no idea how many. No mods at all other than I gave Gorion a bag of holding using Keeper and I've installed Xan's New Groove neither of which should have changed anything in Candlekeep. If I've done it once, it means that anybody CAN. The dice have no memory. I'll certainly be exporting this character for future use perhaps for a solo run.

The strange thing is that having such a roll doesn't have much more of an impact than having a roll in the nineties as having a high intelligence isn't important to a cleric and high charisma is of minimal importance.

What it does show is that it IS possible, just very, very, very unlikely.

There was a mod once that increased stats by one, the idea being that youy could play BG2 with the stats that you would have had if you had played BG1. If I had installed that in BG1, it would have made this result far more likely, but I didn't. I think that it was a sub-race mod which probably won't work in EE.

EDIT

Just looked up the mod. It is FinnJO's Subrace Mod.
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    StummvonBordwehr
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 861
    Could turn into a pretty obnoxious character from an RP standpoint, though. I can imagine he/she strutting about Candlekeep singing:

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
    When you're perfect in every way
    I can't wait to look in the mirror
    Cause I get better looking each day
    To know me is to love me
    I must be a hell of a man
    Oh Lord It's hard to be humble,
    But I'm doing the best that I can"

Wise_GrimwaldGrond0ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,174
    jmerry wrote: »
    Chance of a perfect roll as a half-orc: about one in 5*10^12 for most classes, about one in 3*10^12 for a shaman, about one in 1*10^12 for a shadowdancer. Assuming you haven't tweaked the race/class eligibility rules, of course.

Given the number of players that have ever played this game, and how many times they've rolled stats ... I don't know about that "had to happen eventually" part. After all, most players don't roll millions of times.

Statistically, yeah, it was bound to happen. Odds are just a trend, its not like all those rolls HAVE to happen before the super rare result pops up.

Wise_Grimwald
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,067
    With some players rerolling untold billions of times with cheats like the reroller mod, yes, it was bound to happen even if most players barely reroll at all.