Skip to content

[v1.72] Warlock Mod

Comments

• SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Endarire wrote: »
    With EEex, can you transform Eldritch Blast into a weapon on the quick weapon list? I like the class's idea, but not the button presses of selecting EB so often!

On DDO they did it. You cast eldritch blast and all weapon attacks become eldritch blast. If you apply eldritch chain or cone, all attacks become one. NWN1 with PRC mod allow you to cast EB with a single shortcut. And since PRC limits resting, warlocks become IMO better than sorcerers.

If the invocations was good like on P&P, trust me, you will be using a lot of invocations, not only using Eldritch Blast in every round. The way that invocations are implemented, why someone would even use chilling tentacles? Anyway, here is a build which can dish 68d6 damage / round with Eldritch Glaive on P&P. That is a similar damage output of 3 skull traps on a sequencer. With the difference that is a single target damage, while the skull trap is AoE but takes spell slots.

https://dandwiki.com/wiki/Eldritch_Glaive_Master_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @AionZ
    Dark One's Own Luck does not provide any additional Luck bonuses from the caster's CHA modifier because it's the non-cumulative type of Luck (opcode 133 instead of opcode 22). You can check for yourself using ctrl+m after casting it.
    Binding Blast: Chain does not apply its stun effect.
    Casting Entropic Warding crashes the game at certain Charisma thresholds because the "Apply Effects List" effect creates an infinite loop by referencing the same resource.
    fvig2001
  • ArkieArkie Member Posts: 9
    Arkie wrote: »
    @AionZ, Hi! I've sent you pm some time ago, I'll repeat it here. Sorry if you already read it.
    I've made Russian translation for this mod. However, mod's traification is not complete. There's still English lines in invocation selection menu, spell names for non-basic blasts, invocation swap and level up dialog boxes and I've seen some non-traified item descriptions in .tpa files. If you fix this, I will be able to complete the translation and send it to you.

I've completed mod's traification. You can add my translation in the next version, if you want.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KZsCpjmIr3iDUSx58VfWtbAw8uF-AI9Y/view
    Flashburn
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I made a new installation to try this out, but I've had a hard time getting the kit to work. Either all the scripts are off after the installation (weird text wherever text is displayed), or it doesn't show up at all. I used EE Mod Set-up, which did list it as a "red" mod, so perhaps there's an incompatibility, but I didn't use anything fancy. Any thoughts?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2020
    Iecerint wrote: »
    I used EE Mod Set-up
    Sigh... okay, well there’s the first problem. I can’t help you if you’ve gotten tangled in countless variables from possibly hundreds of mods that could cause issues. It could be that you’re using Steam and forgot to add the DLC Merger (90% of text-related issues reported in mods stems from this) first but I can’t say for sure.

Do a clean install. Install only this mod. If there’s still the same issue, then come back to me.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I actually figured it out -- I just need to start with BG2 and then load BG from there. Seems to work fine :)
  • ValnayvenValnayven Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    Hmm, I had this mod working from at least a year back, though I couldn't tell what version. I went to update it and found that after uninstalling eet end, then uninstalling this mod, installing the new version, then reinstalling eet end all in admin, the installation isn't adding the items or editing the dialogue file. I can't access the items from this mod, and the kit description is the generic bard kit for example. Any idea what went wrong? I'm not very mod savvy, so any ideas would help.

--edit-- Actually, if I start a new character, I see the warlock kit description properly, the spell selections work, animations work, but I can't find the items in EE keeper. I copy pasted the item files in to the override folder, and they appear on the item list that way but have no descriptions on them at all. This seems to be the only issue I am having with it without further testing. Any idea how to force the item descriptions?
    Post edited by Valnayven on
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Valnayven
    From what I've heard, EEKeeper may work wrongly with EET. Near Infinity likely works instead.
  • TDNTDN Member Posts: 5
    I must say I love using all your mods. I'm trying out the Warlock mod but as user Flashburn pointed out the Entropic Warding seems to crash the game.
  • AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    I second that, your mods are awesome. Any chance you'll be taking a look at the warlock and entropic warding?
    @AionZ
    Greetings, AionZ! Your fans have spoken and request a response!
    Just updated this mod - all the prior issues should be fixed now.
    FlashburnCaedwyr
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @AionZ, why is there still no Russian translation included ?
    Thank you!

New problem - I tried to import my character to BG2, but the character registers as bard, not as warlock (I do have the mod installed on BG2, obviously). Any idea why this may be happening?
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2020
    @Audaces that always happens when you have kit mods installed. That is a base game thing where it installs kits differently in BGEE vs BG2EE.
    You have a couple ways to address this.
    1) Copy the BGEE save into BG2EE. Use EEKeeper to open the game and then set the kit back to Warlock. Save. Then copy the saved edit back to BGEE. Now start a new game in BG2EE and import from the editted save and it should work.
    2) Do the above using Near Infinity. NI is safer to make edits with, but requires more experience as it is not as straight forward as EEKeeper.
    That worked like a charm, thanks!
    @AionZ
    For a near-future release, may we get Eldritch Blast (basic, cone, chain, etc.) each as a separate toggleable innate ability? If active, each normal attack would be replaced with this appropriate Eldritch Blast shape. Only one EB shape could be active at a time.

Do Warlock abilities count toward the 50 spells per spell level limit with ADD_SPELL?

Thankee!
    No. Not a chance. Nigh-impossible to implement it easily, and too annoying to go through the hoops to make a semi-acceptable substitute. Take it as it is.
  • darmoyasundarmoyasun Member Posts: 3
    Hey, Is this mod compatible with the lefreut's Enhanced UI?
    This mod in BGEE allows me to select any weapon proficiency and BG2EE I can only select the 4 mage proficiency.
    Updated to v1.7.
    • Updated most icons
    • Added 9 new invocations
    • Updated 3 invocations
    • Updated 1 High Level Ability
    This is the first stage of a few large-scale updates. The next one will add a few more warlock-themed items.

The new invocations, with the exception of Infernal Crest, are adapted from various rulebooks with a bit of creative license taken on my part.

An updated sheet for invocations and abilities can be found here.

Least
    Devil's Sight
    Call of the Beast
    Soulreaving Aura

Lesser
    Crawling Eye

Greater
    Nightmares Made Real
    Painful Slumber of Ages

Dark
    Path of Shadow
    Steal Summoning
    Infernal Crest

Updated Spells
    The Dead Walk
    Voracious Dispelling
    Devour Magic

Updated HLAs
    Eldritch Focus
    Necromanx2Flashburn
    edited January 2021
    I just installed 1.7 on BG2EE. It does not seem to catch the new spells that OlvynSpells adds and so they are green to memorize.
    EDIT: This is the last mod installed so it should see all the spells.
    EDIT2: Is Eldritch Chain suppose to hit friendlies?
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    I've made a change that should fix Eldritch Chain's friendly fire issues. I'll work on compatibility with the spells by @OlvynChuru but it would help a lot if I had a list of all spells to check manually.
    FlashburnNecromanx2
    Here is the Wizard spell list:
    Disruptive Surge
    (Wild Magic)

Level: 1
    Range: Visual range of the caster
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: None

In using this spell, the Wild Mage deliberately employs wild magic to disrupt another creature's spell. The Wild Mage chooses a creature, which should be a spellcaster (arcane or divine). The next spell that creature casts within 5 rounds will trigger a wild surge. This surge will often cause the spell to fail, though it could have other, unpredictable effects.

Inertia
    (Alteration)

Duration: 4 rounds
    Saving Throw: Neg.

This spell drastically increases the inertia of the target, locking its movement in the direction it is currently moving. The effect of this spell depends on whether or not the target was moving when it was hit by the spell. If it was moving, it will continue hurtling nonstop in that direction against its will for 4 rounds. If it was standing in place, it will be immobilized for 4 rounds. A successful Saving Throw vs. Polymorph at -4 negates the effects of this spell.

Summon Kobold
    (Conjuration/Summoning)

Duration: 8 rounds
    Area of Effect: Special

This spell summons a kobold with no special abilities. The kobold remains a faithful servant of the wizard for 8 rounds, at which point it is unsummoned. The kobold summoned by this spell ignores the summoning limit.

Dimension Door
    (Alteration)

Range: Entire area
    Duration: Instant
    Casting Time: 0
    Area of Effect: The caster

This spell transports the caster to any point within the current area. When the spell is cast, a dimensional portal opens up in front of the caster, who immediately steps through it. Upon passing through the portal, the caster finds <HIMHER>self at <HISHER> chosen destination. Dimension Door can be cast at a point too far away to see, as long as the party has seen it.

Jump - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Range: Touch
    Duration: 1 hour
    Casting Time: 5

This spell allows a creature to jump higher and farther. Until the duration ends, the creature gains an ability they can use at will, which lets the creature jump up to 26 feet away. The creature is able to jump over normally impassable obstacles like fences or walls, as long as they are narrow enough to jump over. While in the air, the creature is unaffected by certain ground-based spells like Entangle, Web, and Earthquake.

Hex - Requires EEex
    (Enchantment)

Range: 60 ft.
    Duration: 6 rounds
    Casting Time: 6

This spell curses the target to take more magical and elemental damage. The target must make a Save vs. Polymorph. On a failure, the target is cursed for 6 rounds. During that time, whenever the target would be dealt fire, cold, electricity, acid, or magic damage, it takes an additional 6 damage of that type. Hex is especially effective when combined with spells that deal damage multiple times, such as Magic Missile or Melf's Acid Arrow. Hex can also be cast by Invokers.

Reflect Attack - Requires EEex
    (Abjuration)

Range: 0
    Duration: 8 hours or until hit

After this spell is cast, the next instance of physical damage the caster would receive is reflected back at the attacker, damaging them instead. If the physical damage came from a weapon, any on-hit effects of the weapon will also be reflected back at the attacker.

Taunt - Requires EEex
    (Enchantment)

The Taunt spell provokes an enemy into attacking the caster. If the target fails a Save vs. Breath, it is driven berserk and will attack the caster if possible rather than do any other action. If the target is a warrior (a fighter, ranger, paladin, or monk, including multiclassed warriors), it makes the save at a -6 penalty. Creatures immune to charm effects are immune to Taunt. The effects of Taunt end early if the caster dies.

Dimensional Chest
    (Conjuration/Summoning)

Duration: 8 hours

This spell summons a chest containing an extradimensional storage space similar to a Bag of Holding. The chest can store up to 60000 of the party's items. It stays in the spot where it was summoned for 8 hours. Any party member can store or retrieve items from the chest by interacting with it. Non-allied creatures cannot see or interact with the chest.

All chests summoned with this spell link to the same extradimensional space, even if multiple chests were to be summoned at the same time.

Power Word, Pull
    (Conjuration/Summoning)

Level: 2
    Duration: 1 round

When the wizard speaks a Power Word of Pulling, <HESHE> magically pulls another creature to <HIMHER>self. For one round, the creature will be unable to move of its own will and will be pulled toward the wizard at great speed. During that round, if the wizard moves, the creature will be dragged along with <HIMHER>. There is no Saving Throw, though Magic Resistance can prevent the effects. The caster can cast Power Word, Pull on a creature even if <HESHE> cannot see the creature; however, the caster must be aware of the creature's existence and they must be on the same plane. Power Word, Pull is technically a summoning spell, as it summons the target of the spell.

Ghostwalk
    (Alteration)

Area of Effect: 15-ft. radius

This spell makes multiple allies partially ethereal for 1 round. While partially ethereal, creatures are immune to normal weapons and can move through walls. Ghostwalk could be used to move the party through a wall, eluding enemies. When the spell ends, if a character is inside a wall, they will be pushed to the nearest inhabitable space.

Power Word, Push
    (Abjuration)

When the wizard speaks a Power Word of Pushing, <HESHE> magically pushes another creature away from <HIMHER>self. For one round, the creature will be unable to move of its own will and will be pushed away from the wizard at great speed. There is no Saving Throw, though Magic Resistance can prevent the effects. The caster can cast Power Word, Push on a creature even if <HESHE> cannot see the creature; however, the caster must be aware of the creature's existence and they must be on the same plane.

Intoxicate
    (Enchantment)

Duration: Special
    Casting Time: 2

The target of this spell will instantly become dangerously drunk, far more than is pleasurable. The target gains four intoxication points for every Constitution point they have less than 25. For example, if the target has 10 Constitution, they will gain 60 intoxication points. Like normal drunkenness, this magical intoxication will wear off over time. A successful Save vs. Spell at -5 negates the effect. Intoxicate has no effect on undead or constructs. Multiple uses of this spell are cumulative.

Note: High levels of intoxication give luck penalties. The size of the penalty depends on the number of intoxication points:

0-49: No penalty
    50-60: -2 Luck
    60-69: -4 Luck
    70-79: -6 Luck
    80-89: -8 Luck
    90-99: -10 Luck
    100: -12 Luck

Null Healing
    (Necromancy)

Duration: 1 day

This necromantic curse prevents the target from healing. Once cast, the target must save vs. Spell at -8 or be cursed for 1 day. While cursed, the target cannot regain Hit Points via spells, abilities, items, regeneration, or resting. The curse can be removed early using a Remove Curse spell.

Specific Spell Immunity - Requires EEex, P
    (Abjuration)

Area of Effect: All allies

Specific Spell Immunity lets the caster channel the power of their spells to shield the party from those same spells. The caster may choose up to three spells <HESHE> has memorized. Those spells are then consumed (expending one of each spell), giving allies immunity to each of those spells for 8 hours. The spell affects all allied creatures in the current area, including party members and summoned creatures.

Levitate - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/2 levels

This spell suspends a creature in midair. For the duration, the target is stuck in midair and cannot move unless it can fly. While levitating, it is almost impossible for the target to hit or be hit by other creatures with melee weapons. The target is also unaffected by ground-based spells such as Grease, Entangle, Web and Earthquake. If the target is an ally, there is no Saving Throw necessary; otherwise, the target may make a Save vs. Polymorph at -3 to avoid the effects.

Bounce Spell
    (Abjuration)

Duration: 2 rounds

This simple abjuration should be cast when the wizard sees another spellcaster in the midst of casting a spell at <HIMHER>. If the wizard would be hit by a spell within 2 rounds of casting, <HESHE> will be unaffected, and the incoming spell will be reflected back at its caster. Bounce Spell expires if it reflects a spell, or after 2 rounds have passed. Bounce Spell will not protect the caster from a Dispel Magic. However, it will not be affected by a Dispel Magic, either.

Detect Magic - Requires EEex
    (Divination)

Duration: 1 turn/level

Detect Magic lets the party see the magical effects on other creatures. While the spell is active, if you hover the cursor over a creature and press Left Shift, a list of all the spell effects on the creature (such as Stoneskin or Protection from Magical Weapons) will be displayed. If the creature has Non-Detection, nothing will be displayed.

Far Cast - Requires EEex
    (Divination)

Range: Special

Far Cast modifies the next spell or ability used by the caster in the next 2 rounds. That spell or ability gains unlimited range and can target any creature the party sees, even if the caster does not see it.

Although Far Cast is not a free action, the next spell can be cast immediately after it, as if the caster had Aura Cleansing.

x6ooal17qyxv.gif

Absorb Spell
    (Abjuration)

Level: 3

This simple but powerful spell should be cast when the wizard sees another spellcaster in the midst of casting a spell at <HIMHER>. It blocks the first spell (of any level) that hits the caster within the next 2 rounds. If a spell is blocked this way, the wizard absorbs its power, regaining a previously cast spell whose level is less than or equal to the level of the spell absorbed. For example, if the wizard is hit by a Finger of Death (7th-level spell), <HESHE> gets seven spell levels back-<HESHE> will regain one spell up to 7th level in power.

Fly - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Duration: 1 turn + 1 round/level
    Casting Time: 3

This wondrous spell gives a creature the power to fly. For the duration, the creature can fly over normally impassable objects such as houses, walls, and rivers, but only as long as the creature is outdoors. The higher level the caster, the faster the creature's flying speed. The creature is also unaffected by ground-based spells such as Grease, Web, Entangle, and Earthquake.

Displacement
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

Duration: 1 round/level

The spell Displacement shifts the apparent position of the caster, such that <HESHE> appears to be several feet away from where <HESHE> actually is. Attacks against the displaced caster have a 50% chance of missing. Any effect that dispels illusions can dispel Displacement.

Terror
    (Necromancy)

Duration: 1 turn

This is the necromantic version of the second-level spell Horror. All creatures in the area of effect, friend or foe, must save vs. wands at -4 or run away in fear for 1 turn. Unlike the spell Horror, Terror actually physically harms targets' minds. Although this spell affects allies, this does not bother the necromancer, for <HISHER> allies are undead.

Legend Lore
    (Divination)

Casting Time: 7

A more powerful version of the spell Identify, Legend Lore temporarily increases the lore of the caster, allowing <HIMHER> to identify multiple magical items. For the duration, the caster's lore is increased by 100.

Glyph of Spell Storing
    (Abjuration)

Range: 60 ft.
    Duration: Permanent until discharged
    Area of Effect: 12-ft. radius

A Glyph of Spell Storing is a ward which stores a spell and releases it upon each hostile creature that enters the warded area. When this spell is cast, the caster stores a single 1st-level spell in the glyph, which is placed on a circular, 9-ft. radius area of the caster's choice. When a hostile creature passes within 9 feet of the glyph, it explodes, releasing a copy of the stored spell on each hostile creature within 12 feet. A caster who is level 10 or higher may also store 2nd-level spells in the glyph.

Familiar Spell
    (Conjuration)

Range: Familiar must be in the same area
    Casting Time: 8
    Area of Effect: The caster's familiar

Familiar Spell imbues the caster's familiar with a spell. The caster chooses one of their 1st-level spells, consuming one use of that spell. For the next 8 hours, each time their familiar hits a creature with an attack, it instantly casts a copy of the chosen spell on the target. The spell is cast at the level of the familiar's owner, not at the level of the familiar. The familiar must be owned by the caster, and it must be in the same area as the caster when Familiar Spell is cast (and not in the caster's inventory).

Throw - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Saving Throw: 1/2

This spell throws the target into the air with incredible force. The target is knocked back as it is sent hurtling through the air. When it lands or hits the ceiling, it takes crushing damage based on how fast it was moving right before the collision, up to 1d6 per caster level. If the target succeeds on a Save vs. Polymorph at -2, it is thrown with less force and will only take about half damage.

Heightening - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

This spell increases the level of the caster's other spells. For the duration, the caster's spells count as five spell levels higher for purposes of overcoming Globe of Invulnerability and other spell level immunities like those of a rakshasa or lich.

Mestil's Acid Breath
    (Conjuration)

Area of Effect: 22-ft. cone with 90-deg. arc

By casting this spell, the wizard spews acid in a cone. All creatures in the area of effect take 1d6 acid damage per level (max 10d6) with a Save vs. Breath for half.

Wall of Fire
    (Evocation)

Level: 4
    Area of Effect: 8 ft. long, 2 ft. wide wall

This spell creates a wall of raging flames. Any creature who attempts to pass through the wall takes 1d4 fire damage per caster level, up to a maximum of 12d4 at level 12. There is no Saving Throw, since the flames cannot be dodged except by going around the wall. A creature that has passed through a Wall of Fire cannot take damage from passing through a Wall of Fire again for 1 round.

Phantasmal Killer
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

One of the few offensive illusion spells, Phantasmal Killer causes the target to be struck down by an embodiment of its worst fears. If the target was panicking when it got hit by the spell, it must Save vs. Death at -4 or die instantly. If it makes the save or it wasn't panicking, it takes 8d6 magic damage. A Death Ward will prevent the instant death but not the damage. Phantasmal Killer has no effect on undead, constructs, or oozes. It can also be cast by Necromancers.

Ghoulish Feast
    (Necromancy)

Casting Time: 4

This spell lets the caster summon undead by killing other creatures. During the duration of this spell, whenever the caster kills a creature, a ghoul rises to feast upon the remains. That ghoul will serve the caster for 8 hours. A ghoul will only be summoned if the caster dealt the killing damage to the creature; if the caster damaged the creature but another party member finished it off, the caster will not get a ghoul.

Backstab Sequencer
    (Illusion)

Duration: Permanent
    Casting Time: 9

Backstab Sequencer essentially lets the caster backstab a creature with a spell. The caster is prompted to store a single spell of 2nd-level or lower. The next time the caster backstabs a creature, that spell is released on the creature. The released spell is cast on the creature a number of times equal to the caster's backstab multiplier. If the caster does not have a backstab multiplier, <HESHE> gains a x2 multipier until the spell is released.

Redirect Spell - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Area of Effect: 2 creatures

Redirect Spell changes the target of a spell another creature is casting to a target of one's choice. In using this spell, the caster selects two creatures, one of whom must be casting a spell. That creature's spell is then altered to target the other selected creature. The redirected spell is cast instantly, preventing the creature from stopping the casting. If both creatures are casting spells, the second creature's spell will be altered to target the first creature. There is no Saving Throw.

Copy Spell - Requires EEex, P
    (Conjuration)

Area of Effect: 2 creatures

This spell allows the wizard to cast a copy of a spell another creature is casting. In using this spell, the caster selects two creatures, one of whom must be casting a spell. That spell is then replicated by the wizard, who casts the spell instantly on the other selected creature. If both creatures are casting spells, the second creature's spell will be copied, and the copy will target the first creature. There is no Saving Throw. Copy Spell can be used either to double an ally's spell or to turn an enemy's spells against them.

Linked Portals
    (Conjuration)

Range: 10000 ft.
    Area of Effect: 5-ft. radius for each portal

This spell creates two portals that creatures can teleport between. In casting this spell, the caster chooses two points anywhere in the current area. A portal is created at each location. Any creature that comes within 5 feet of a portal is sucked in and instantly appears at the other portal. That creature won't teleport back unless it leaves and re-enters the area of the portal. Creatures immune to pushing and pulling effects cannot use the portals. Up to five pairs of portals can be active in one area at a time.

Vampiric Link - Requires EEex
    (Necromancy)

Vampiric Link lets the caster absorb any life energy the target loses. For the duration, whenever the target creature takes damage, the caster regains that many Hit Points. The caster can cast Vampiric Link on allies or enemies, but not on <HIMHER>self. A single caster can establish Vampiric Links on multiple creatures, but no one creature can be affected by more than one Vampiric Link at once. Undead and constructs cannot be the target of this spell, but they can still cast it on other creatures.

Recall Party - Requires EEex
    (Conjuration/Summoning)

Range: Infinite
    Area of Effect: All party members

Recall Party teleports all party members to the caster's side. The range is unlimited, and party members can be drawn from a different area, so long as they are on the same plane as the caster.

Life Transfer - P
    (Necromancy)

Level: 5

A Life Transfer allows the caster to exchange <HISHER> life force with that of another creature, even if that creature is unwilling. If the target fails a Save vs. Polymorph at -4, its current HP is swapped with the caster's current HP. This exchange will not bring the caster above <HISHER> maximum HP total.

Steal Spells - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

This spell steals memorized spells from the target and grants their spell slots to the caster. For every 3 caster levels, the target loses one memorized spell of the highest level possible. For each spell drained this way, the caster regains a previously-cast spell of a level less than or equal to the level of the stolen spell (though Steal Spells itself cannot be regained this way). There is no Saving Throw, though Magic Resistance may prevent the theft.

If the caster has a Pick Pockets skill, they may steal an additional spell for every 50 Pick Pockets they have.

Ball Lightning
    (Evocation)

With the Ball Lightning spell, the wizard throws multiple balls of lightning at a single enemy. Each ball of lightning deals 1d6 electricity damage with no saving throw. The wizard releases one ball of lightning per level, to a maximum of 15 at level 15.

Major Mirror Image
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level

A more functional variant of Mirror Image, the spell Major Mirror Image also gives the caster the ability to control the images directly. When cast, it creates multiple illusory images of the caster, totaling one per caster level. Each image can be controlled independently of the others. Like the images created by Mirror Image, these images will vanish when struck by an attack or a hostile spell, though they have the same Armor Class as the caster. Images summoned with this spell ignore the summoning limit.

Skeleton Horde
    (Necromancy)

This spell animates one skeleton per level, to a maximum of fifteen skeletons at level 15. These skeletons ignore the summoning limit. Skeleton Horde can only be cast by Necromancers.

Commando Conjuration
    (Conjuration/Summoning)

This spell summons five Kobold Commandos to serve the caster for the duration. Like regular Kobold Commandos, they will shoot flaming arrows at enemies.

Missile of Patience - P
    (Evocation)

Missile of Patience fires a slow magical projectile at the target, which will deal enormous damage once it hits. Although the missile travels slowly, it pursues the target unstoppably, even going through walls in its path. When it hits the target, it strikes with far more force than its speed would imply, dealing 20d6 crushing damage. The target is allowed a Save vs. Spell at -4 for half damage.

Ethereal Jaunt - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/2 levels

This spell turns the caster partially ethereal for a short period of time. While partially ethereal, the caster is immune to non-magical weapons, but is still tangible enough to be able to attack and cast spells. The caster can also move through walls while partially ethereal (unlike the Fly spell, this also works indoors). Simply click on a point to move to, and the caster will float to that point, bypassing normally impassable obstacles in the way.

Slime Drop
    (Conjuration)

Area of Effect: 10-ft. radius

This spell drops an enormous mass of acidic slime on top of a creature. The target and all other creatures within 10 feet take 12d6 acid damage (Save vs. Spell for half) and are stunned for 4 rounds if they fail the save. Targets immune to acid are not stunned.

Critical Spell - Requires EEex, P
    (Enchantment)

Duration: 2 hours

Critical Spell lets the caster repeatedly cast a spell through critical hits. The caster is prompted to store a single 1st-level spell, and the caster's weapons are temporarily imbued with that spell. For the duration, whenever the caster gets a critical hit on a creature, <HESHE> instantly casts a copy of the stored spell. This will not happen if the critical hit is averted. The caster can also store a 2nd-level spell if they are level 20 or higher, and an additional spell level higher for every ten levels after 20.

Warrior Simulacrum
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

This spell is similar to Simulacrum in that it creates an illusionary copy of the caster which is under the caster's control. The simulacrum cannot cast spells or use special abilities of items or innate abilities. It is 60% the level of the caster and has 60% of the caster's Hit Points. This spell is most useful for fighter/mages and other spellcasters with decent fighting skills.

Wall of Force - Requires EEex, P
    (Abjuration)

Area of Effect: 8 ft. long, 2 ft. wide wall

This spell creates a wall of magical force, which stays for 5 rounds. Creatures cannot pass through the wall, though they can still fly over it, teleport past it, or float past it while ethereal. The wall cannot be dispelled.

Sacrificial Explosion
    (Necromancy)

By casting this spell, the caster sacrifices a minion to produce a damaging explosion. When the spell is cast on an allied summoned creature or animated undead, that creature explodes, dealing 1d8 poison damage per level (max 15d8) to all creatures within the area of effect. Creatures can Save vs. Death for half damage.

Gedlee's Electric Barrier
    (Evocation)

Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level

Similar to Fireshield spells, this spell protects the caster with a shield of electricity. The caster gains +50% Electricity Resistance, and creatures that hit the caster with an attack or spell in melee take 1d10+3 electricity damage and must Save vs. Polymorph or be stunned for 1 round.

Rewind Time - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Duration: -2 rounds

This spell briefly reverses time for the caster, reverting them to the state they were in two rounds ago. The caster's HP is restored to what it was two rounds ago, as is their location in the area. The caster also regains the magical effects they had two rounds ago, while losing effects gained in the past two rounds (including harmful status effects). Rewind Time does not restore memorized spells expended in the last two rounds.

bgqthgosyau7.gif

Teleportation Circle - Requires EEex
    (Conjuration)

This spell creates a magic circle that the party can use to teleport to another such circle. In casting this spell, the caster chooses one of seven sigil sequences for the teleportation circle. The circle is then created, and any other circle with the same sigil sequence is destroyed. The circle can be interacted with; by doing so the party can teleport to another circle with a different sigil sequence. Non-allied creatures cannot use these teleportation circles unless they are familiar with the sigil sequences.

There are certain areas that bar teleportation. Attempting to teleport into or out of these areas will fail.

ve00sv2jrr24.gif

Isaac's Greater Missile Storm
    (Evocation)

Level: 6

This spell creates a large number of projectiles akin to those created by the Magic Missile spell, which hit a single target. Each missile deals 1d4+1 magic damage with no Saving Throw. The spell fires one missile per level of the wizard. There is no cap on the number of missiles the spell can produce - it is only limited by the caster's level.

Freeze Inanimates
    (Alteration)

Area of Effect: Entire area

A lesser time manipulation spell, Freeze Inanimates stops time for all inanimate objects that are not being worn or carried by a creature. Any arrow, bolt, bullet, or other projectile that is fired or thrown by a creature during the duration of this spell will freeze in midair immediately, as it is no longer being carried. Magical projectiles are also frozen immediately after being conjured. All creatures can still move and do actions while time is stopped. Items can still be picked up from the ground, as the effects of this spell end for them when they are grasped by a creature. Once the spell ends, any projectile that had been frozen by the spell will resume flying toward its target.

Greater Nightmare
    (Enchantment/Charm)

Duration: 3 rounds

One of the few damaging enchantment spells, Greater Nightmare can only affect creatures that are asleep. The spell shatters the minds of sleeping creatures with magically-enhanced nightmares, dealing 10d6 magic damage per round with no Saving Throw. This damage does not cause sleeping creatures to wake up.

Spellshaping: Fireball - Requires EEex
    (Alteration, Evocation)

Spellshaping: Fireball allows the caster to turn <HISHER> spells into Fireball spells. For the duration, whenever the caster casts a spell or ability, a Fireball will be released instead of the normal spell. The fireball will target the creature or point that the original spell or ability would have targeted. This spell can only be learned by a wizard who can cast both alteration and evocation spells.

Slaying Sequencer - Requires EEex, P
    (Necromancy)

Duration: 4 hours

Slaying Sequencer lets the caster store a spell and then cast it each time <HESHE> kills a creature. The caster is prompted to store a spell of 2nd-level or lower. During the next 4 hours, each time the caster kills a creature, <HESHE> instantly casts a copy of the stored spell on <HIMHER>self.

Mass Charm
    (Enchantment/Charm)

This spell charms all hostile humanoids and giant humanoids in the area of effect who fail a Save vs. Spell. The charmed creatures will serve the caster for the duration, though the effect could expire early if the creatures are attacked by an ally. Charmed creatures will be hostile after the effect expires.

Mind Fog
    (Enchantment)

This spell creates a special, pinkish fog in the area of effect. All creatures within the mind fog have their willpower and concentration weakened, gaining a -5 penalty to saving throws against enchantment and illusion spells. There is no Saving Throw. Undead, constructs, oozes, and mind flayers are unaffected.

Empower Familiar
    (Conjuration)

Range: Familiar must be in the same area
    Duration: 2 hours
    Area of Effect: The caster's familiar

This spell greatly strengthens the caster's familiar. For the duration, the familiar gains +1 to hit and damage per 2 caster levels, and an additional attack per round. In addition, the familiar's physical damage resistances are set to 75% (replacing their normal values). The familiar must be owned by the caster, and it must be in the same area as the caster (and not in the caster's inventory).

Bardic Sequencer (Bard-only HLA) - Requires EEex, P
    (Enchantment)

Bardic Sequencer lets the bard imbue their music with a spell. In casting Bardic Sequencer, the bard stores a spell of 2nd-level or lower. Each round thereafter that the bard sings their bard song, there is a chance to cast the stored spell on each creature affected by the song. The chance is equal to 2% per level.

Create Pit - Requires EEex, P
    (Conjuration)

Area of Effect: 7-ft. radius

This spell creates a pit in the ground that opens up into an extradimensional space. Creatures that enter the area of effect fall into the pit unless they can fly, taking 6d6 crushing damage upon landing at the bottom. Those creatures are trapped in the pit for the remaining duration, unless they can jump or fly out.

Mass Cast - Requires EEex, P
    (Alteration)

Level: 7
    Casting Time: Instant

Mass Cast modifies the next spell or ability used by the caster in the next 2 rounds. The area of effect of that spell or ability is changed such that it will apply the effects of the spell or ability to every creature within 15 feet of the target. This replaces whatever area of effect the spell or ability would have had.

Mass Cast has no casting time, can be cast immediately after another spell, and can be cast while the game is paused.

Skip Time - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Duration: Special
    Area of Effect: The party

This spell transports the party 10 rounds into the future. No time will have passed for the party, but 10 rounds will have passed for everyone and everything else. This means that all magical effects on creatures outside the party will have their remaining duration reduced by 10 rounds; short duration effects like Protection from Magical Weapons will expire. Lingering area of effect spells like Web and Stinking Cloud will also have their remaining duration reduced by 10 rounds.

Forcecage - Requires EEex
    (Abjuration)

Area of Effect: 10-ft. cube

This spell creates a cage of force - a cube with walls of force on each side. Creatures that were in the area of effect when the spell was cast are trapped in the forcecage for the duration. Creatures cannot enter or pass through the area of effect.

Stygian Ice Storm
    (Conjuration)

The signiture spell of gelugons, Stygian Ice Storm calls a storm of hellish ice from Stygia. Each creature in the area of effect takes 3d10 magical cold damage per round with no Saving Throw. In addition, arcane spellcasters in the area of effect forget three memorized spells each round due to the amnesia caused by Stygian ice. This spell has no effect on undead, constructs, or fiends. The caster is immune to <HISHER> own spell, but <HISHER> allies are not.

Death Trigger - Requires EEex
    (Necromancy)

Duration: Permanent until death

Death Trigger lets the caster store a single spell inside multiple allied creatures, to be released when they die. The caster must first choose a single spell of 3rd-level or lower. That spell is then stored inside each ally within 15 feet of the target, including summoned creatures. Each of these creatures will instantly cast their copy of the spell when they die. Note that the spell is treated as cast by the dying creature and at that creature's caster level (1 by default). If Death Trigger were to be cast again, the new spell would replace the previous spell stored in each target.

When selecting a spell, the caster can also choose whether the dying ally will release the spell on itself, on its previous attacker, or on the nearest enemy.

Reanimate - Requires EEex
    (Necromancy)

Area of Effect: Nearest corpse in 3-ft. radius

This spell "resurrects" the target as an undead creature under the caster's control. Reanimate cannot target a dead creature directly; it should be cast targeting the location of a corpse. The nearest dead creature to the target point, excluding undead, constructs, most extraplanar creatures, and creatures higher level than the caster, will be reanimated. The reanimated creature becomes undead, but can still use its abilities and spells. It is controlled by the caster until destroyed.

Extraordinary Luck
    (Enchantment)

Duration: 7 rounds

"Extraordinary" is definitely an understatement of the sheer amount of good fortune this spell gives the recipient. It is almost possible to *see* the way reality is warped as it accommodates the newfound luck of the individual.

For 7 rounds, the target gains 1 point of luck, a +1 bonus to all saving throws, and a +5% bonus to all thieving skills for every level of the caster.

Lightning Stream
    (Evocation)

This spell releases a flurry of lightning bolts (one per level) at the target point. Each bolt deals 1d8 electricity damage, with a Save vs. Spell for half. The bolts travel in a line, bouncing off walls and potentially hitting the same creature more than once per bolt.

Enhance Attribute
    (Alteration)

Level: 8

An Enhance Attribute spell can vastly improve a single attribute of a creature. In casting this spell, the caster first chooses whether <HESHE> wishes to enhance a creature's Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma. Then <HESHE> points at a creature, or chooses <HIMHER>self. The spell sets the chosen attribute of the target creature to 24 for the duration, or until dispelled. The spell has no effect if the chosen attribute of the creature is already higher than 24.

Globe of Invisibility
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

Area of Effect: 18-ft. radius

This spell creates a large, immobile sphere of illusionary magic. Any creature that enters the sphere becomes invisible. A creature can only become invisible via Globe of Invisibility once per round, even if there are multiple globes, though they become invisible regardless of when in the round they enter the area of effect. An effect that dispels illusionary protections will not dispel the globe, though it will dispel the invisibility that creatures obtained from the globe.

Otto's Irresistible Spin - Requires EEex
    (Enchantment/Charm)

Otto's Irresistible Spin forces multiple creatures to spin in place against their will for 1 turn. Affected creatures will do nothing other than repeatedly spin in place, even if they see enemies. The spell is irresistible - there is no Saving Throw, and Magic Resistance will not block the spell. If an affected creature takes damage, the effects of the spell immediately end for that creature.

Recurring Contingency - Requires EEex, P
    (All)

Recurring Contingency is like other Contingency spells, except that the stored spell is cast repeatedly. Upon casting Recurring Contingency, the caster is prompted to store a single spell of 2nd-level or lower, choose a target for the spell, and choose conditions under which the spell will be released. During the next hour, the spell will be cast on the target each round that the condition is met (or each time the caster is hit, if the caster chose it to trigger upon getting hit).

Omnipresence - P
    (Alteration)

Duration: 12 rounds

The spell Omnipresence spreads the essence of the target creature throughout the area, allowing the creature to do actions at longer range than normal. For the duration or until dispelled, the creature can attack any creature in sight with any weapon, even with melee weapons. The creature can also target other creatures with touch spells at long range, and can cast spells at a target outside their visual range. However, these effects also go the other way. An omnipresent creature can be attacked with melee weapons and targeted by touch spells at long range. Since Omnipresence makes the creature's form less solid, the creature can move through other creatures while under the effects of the spell.

Contingency Curse - Requires EEex, P
    (Enchantment)

Contingency Curse forces a hostile creature to release spells against its will on the caster's terms. Upon casting Contingency Curse, the caster is prompted to store a single spell of 2nd-level or lower, choose a target for the spell, and choose conditions under which the spell will be released. The target of the spell is then cursed to cast that spell repeatedly under those conditions. For example, the caster could store a Web spell and make the creature cast Web on itself whenever it gets hit. Contingency Curse can only curse enemies.

Extend Vision
    (Divination)

The spell Extend Vision allows the recipient to see much farther than <HESHE> could see before. The recipient will be able to see creatures that are too far away to return the gaze. More importantly, the recipient can target those creatures with spells and ranged attacks from far away. Extend Vision also makes the recipient immune to blindness. It lasts for 8 hours or until dispelled.

Sphere of Reversed Gravity - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Area of Effect: 18-ft. radius

This spell creates a large spherical area that reverses the gravity of creatures inside it. Any creature that enters the area of effect will start falling up. While in the air, the creature cannot move unless it can fly or levitate, and it is unaffected by ground-based spells such as Grease, Entangle, Web and Earthquake.

False Life
    (Necromancy)

This spell bolsters a creature's life force through necromancy. For 8 hours, the target gains 10 temporary hit points per caster level. However, this arcane form of pseudo-healing has a flaw: for the duration, the target cannot regain any hit points through spells, abilities, items, resting, or regeneration.

Enslave
    (Enchantment)

An especially potent mind-control spell, Enslave will make the target a permanent thrall of the caster. If the target fails its Save vs. Spell at -4, it is dominated by the caster until the effect is dispelled. The enslaved creature will not take any actions unless ordered by the caster, and it will not turn hostile if hurt by a party member. Undead and constructs are unaffected by Enslave.

Polar Ray
    (Evocation)

Range: 30 ft.
    Area of Effect: 2 ft. by 30 ft. jet

Upon casting Polar Ray, the caster emits a powerful beam of frost at the target. The target and all creatures between the caster and the target take 12d6 cold damage. The polar ray deals the same damage again half a round later to the target and anyone who is still in the ray's path.

Clone Other
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

Duration: 16 rounds

An offensive version of Simulacrum, Clone Other creates a simulacrum of another creature. The simulacrum is under the caster's control. The caster cannot clone <HIMHER>self, and the target's level must be less than or equal to the caster's. The simulacrum is at 60% of the target's level and has 60% of their Hit Points.

Metafireball - P
    (Evocation)

Also known as Fireballball, this spell launches a fireball that explodes into other fireballs. After the Metafireball explodes, each creature in the area of effect is hit by a separate fireball with its own area of effect. Each of the secondary fireballs deals 3d6 fire damage (Save vs. Spell for half). This spell is most effective when cast at a large group of creatures clumped together.

Perfect Invisibility
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

Level: 9

This spell is the ultimate form of invisibility. While under the effect of Perfect Invisibility, a creature can attack, cast a spell or otherwise interact with another creature or object while remaining completely invisible. However, Perfect Invisibility can still be dispelled by effects that would dispel regular invisibility, such as True Sight or Dispel Magic. Barring such removal, the spell will last for 3 rounds. Perfect Invisibility can only be cast by Illusionists.

Mass Domination
    (Enchantment/Charm)

Duration: 12 rounds
    Area of Effect: 25-ft. radius

The Mass Domination spell enables the caster to control the actions of a group of creatures while the spell is in effect. This control is maintained through a telepathic link between the caster and the victims. Unlike the 4th-level priest spell Mental Domination, the targets have no option for release, even if made to do something against their morals. This effect can only be reversed by Dispel Magic. The targets are allowed a Saving Throw vs. Spell with a -2 penalty to negate the effect.

Attain Perfection
    (Alteration)

This spell temporarily makes the target perfect in every way. For 1 hour, the target's Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma are all set to 25.

Vampiric Feast
    (Necromancy)

Duration: 6 hours

Perhaps the most powerful life-draining spell, Vampiric Feast allows the caster to absorb Hit Points from many victims at once. Every creature in a 15-foot radius takes 30 damage with no Saving Throw. For every creature dealt damage this way, the caster gains 30 temporary hit points. Hit points gained this way are cumulative; the caster can gain a massive amount of health by draining many creatures with Vampiric Feast. The bonus hit points last for six hours.

Mass Sequencer - P
    (Invocation)

Mass Sequencer allows the caster to cast one of <HISHER> spells on many creatures simultaneously. When Mass Sequencer is cast, the caster is prompted to store a single spell of 3rd-level or lower. Once activated, the sequencer will cast copies of the stored spell on every creature in a 15-foot radius around the target. For example, if the caster stores a Fireball spell and then activates the sequencer on a 15' radius area containing four creatures, then four fireballs will be launched, each targeting a different creature.

At higher levels, the maximum spell level that can be stored in a Mass Sequencer increases:

Caster Level Maximum Spell Level
    18 and below 3
    19-24 4
    25-30 5
    31-36 6
    37-42 7
    43-48 8
    49 and above 9

Enoll Eva's Duplication - Requires EEex, P
    (Alteration)

This strange, fantastic spell hails from the Planes, where it was the byproduct of esoteric mathematical research by the modron mathemagician Enoll Eva. While Enoll Eva's Duplication is active, the caster's actions are multiplied by 2. The caster attacks twice as many times per round, and whenever <HESHE> casts a spell, <HESHE> immediately casts that spell an additional time, without using up a spell slot. Note that some spells do not stack and thus will not have double the effect when cast twice.

Executioner's Eyes
    (Divination)

Executioner's Eyes enhances the vision of allies, allowing them to see the hidden weaknesses of all creatures. The spell grants +4 THAC0 and a +20% chance to get critical hits to all allies within the area of effect for the duration of the spell.

Phantasmal Dragon
    (Illusion/Phantasm)

Duration: 2 turns

This spell creates an illusory adult red dragon, which will serve the caster for the duration. The illusory dragon has only 20% the hit points of a real dragon of the same age, and its attacks deal nonlethal damage, but its stats are otherwise the same as those of a real dragon, and it has the same abilities, including fire breath and an aura of fear.

Damage Turning
    (Abjuration)

Damage Turning reflects damage from the caster back to the attacker. While Damage Turning is active, any damage that would be dealt to the caster from an attack, spell or ability is prevented. The source is dealt the full damage they would have dealt the caster. Other effects of attacks, spells, and abilities are not reflected; just the damage. Damage Turning can only be cast by Abjurers.

Protection From Time Stop - P
    (Abjuration)

The recipient of this spell gains the ability to move and do actions while time is stopped. Protection from Time Stop can either be used as a defense when an enemy casts Time Stop, or as a means of offense when another ally casts Time Stop. Unlike other abjuration spells, Protection from Time Stop can be learned by Transmuters.

Teleport Step - Requires EEex
    (Alteration)

Among the greatest teleportation spells, Teleport Step lets the recipient teleport anywhere in the area any number of times. The recipient must simply start moving toward a destination, and they will instantly find themself at that destination.

Eclectic Recall
    (All)

Level: 10

Eclectic Recall restores spells the caster has cast previously, so that the spells may be cast again. Up to eight spells are restored, no more than one per school of magic. Eclectic Recall prioritizes restoring higher-level spells over lower-level spells.

All the spells restored must be 6th-level or lower. Eclectic Recall can restore 7th-level spells once the caster reaches level 24, and 8th-level spells once the caster reaches level 30.

Necropotence - P
    (Necromancy)

Necropotence allows the wizard to draw the power for their spells through their own life force. For the duration, whenever the character would cast a spell, they immediately regain the cast spell but also take 3 damage per level of the spell. This damage cannot be prevented by any resistances, but it will not interrupt the spell.

Mental Agility - P
    (Enchantment)

Mental Agility drastically shortens the time necessary to cast spells. The wizard's casting time is reduced by 10 for the duration. Mental Agility cannot be combined with Improved Alacrity.

Freezing Wave
    (Evocation)

Casting Time: 15
    Area of Effect: 60-ft. radius

When cast, this spell creates an enormous wave of frost emanating from the caster in all directions. Creatures within 60 feet take 1d10 cold damage per level (Save vs. Breath at -4 for half). The caster is unaffected.

Rampant Lightning
    (Evocation)

Rampant Lightning causes a great electrical explosion, releasing lightning bolts in all directions. Two lightning bolts are released per caster level, each one dealing 1d6 electricity damage (Save vs. Breath at -4 for half). It would be wise to make the entire party immune to electricity before casting this spell.

Culling Thought - Requires EEex
    (Necromancy, Enchantment)

Range: Special

This spell enables the caster to slay weak creatures with a thought. For the duration, the caster gains the Culling Thought ability, which kills a creature with current HP less than the caster's level plus their Intelligence (so a 20th-level caster with 18 Intelligence could kill any creature with 38 HP or less). This ability can be used at will and as a free action, and can target any creature the party sees, even if the caster does not see it. If the target is not killed by Culling Thought, it remains unaware of the attempt and will not turn hostile.

Sphere of Annihilation - P
    (Conjuration/Summoning)

Duration: 1 round/2 levels
    Area of Effect: 5-ft. radius

This spell creates a sphere of annihilation, which appears as a black ball with a 5 foot radius. The sphere of annihilation is a hole in the fabric of the multiverse. Any matter that touches it is utterly destroyed. If a creature crosses the sphere's path, the creature must make a Save vs. Breath to dodge the sphere; otherwise, the creature is disintegrated.

The sphere can be moved by the caster, but doing so requires enormous mental power. The higher the caster's Intelligence, the faster the sphere can be moved. The intense concentration used in controlling the sphere prevents the caster from casting any more spells while this spell is active.
    [spoiler/]
    Friendly fire is stilling hitting my summons. The Dead Walk summons are taking damage from Eldritch Chain. My party members are not getting hit anymore.
    v1.72 should fix all recent issues. Mage scrolls from OlvynSpells shouldn't be able to be memorized anymore, though I may have missed a few. Eldritch Chain no longer bounces off friendly summons and neutrals, and Devil's Sight will always properly grant its extended vision range when indoors.

On another note I hope people like the new spell icons from v1.7.
    FlashburnNecromanx2
    @AionZ The spell icons are great!
    Your works are always great and it is hard to call out all the things you do with your mods.
    Thank you for all your efforts and for the great mods you share with us to enjoy!
    edited January 2021
    @AionZ I downloaded the latest version from Github and installed on BG2EE. It installs as 1.7 and now my party NPCs are getting hit by Eldritch chain again.