Skip to content

[v2.5.0] OlvynSpells: 150 New Spells for BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE and EET

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    That's cause for celebration! Alleluia and thankee!
  • kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20
    @OlvynChuru - I cant get the metamagic work on Arcanist or mana sorcerer , my thought is that those effect are only applied to wizard spells (while those classes actually have initiate spells that case wizards spells. how would you go about and debug those functions ? the EEX code is like black magic , is there a way to modifiy those functions to work for Arcanist and mana sorcerer from tome and blood?
  • kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20
    @OlvynChuru - ok - I modified M__MEFUN and made two changes : 1. modifed
    if spellData > 0 and (bit32.band(EEex_ReadDword(spellData + 0x18), 0x40000) > 0 or EEex_ReadWord(spellData + 0x1C, 0x0) < 1 or EEex_ReadWord(spellData + 0x1C, 0x0) > 2) then return end

and 2 .
    if ex_can_use_metamagic[actorID] ~= nil

and now it seems to work . kinda
    it seems really random , it works sometime and fail other times . I don't think it is related to these changes , since it also random for full casters . so my question . do other users since inconsistencies when trying to use meta magic (I mainly tried safe spells ) ?
    From what I understood of subtledoctor's G3 post, what @kaiiak experienced also happened to Tome & Blood's multiclass Sors, as well as all Sors if spell swap is installed.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited December 2020
    Hi @OlvynChuru, in BG2EE with latest release the spell Warrior Simulacrum won't let me scribe it. when I cannot scribe a scoll I get a blank button (See attached screenshot). I confirmed I do not have the spell in my book and I can learn Illusion/Phantasm spells. It happens with allot of spells.
    Also, the spell Usurp Shell is an invisible scroll (can only see it if it is tinged green (not in book) or red (can't use)), though it has an icon in my spellbook.
    bt6e84aoym8d.png
    [spoiler/]
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • mateusz_stepienmateusz_stepien Member Posts: 28
    Hi @OlvynChuru

After installation of your spell mod, EEex pops up:
    wf35yldovlsy.png

Game launches after.

Latest mod and EExx versions, BG2EE 2.5.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @mateusz_stepien
    You have to use the master release of EEex. I had this same issue because I was using the latest official release, which is outdated. https://github.com/Bubb13/EEex/archive/master.zip
    @Flashburn
    Thanks, it worked.
  • BlackstoneBlackstone Member Posts: 14
    Metamagic doesn't seem to work for me on Mages or Sorcerers but works fine on a Cleric or Druid. The innate abilities aren't being granted on level up and if I add them using EE Keeper, they don't work properly. The only difference I can think of is that I have installed SCS' "Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities" option (the sequencer was added on level up when I tested it).

My WeiDU.log is attached.
  • AalkaorAalkaor Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Hi all,
    I use the version of EEX v0.8.6-alpha because the last version crashes as soon as I launch the game and this without any mod. Having installed the latest version of OlvynSpells (v2.2.0) with EEX v0.8.6, I get the same error message as mateusz_stepien... but the game starts anyway except that I don't have access to any spells of the mod in the sorceror spell menu (I play with a palemaster). Is this normal ? I'm a french player, I don't know if this has any influence... :p Thanks in advance, I join the Weidu.log !
    Post edited by Aalkaor on
    Just finished BG2EE with latest version. Really like Reanimate! I used it on the Kaotoan Prince in the underdark (did not use the Tads to debuff him) and he is great! More robust them my Golems.
    Great work on this mod!
    @Aalkaor look at Flashburns post 3 above yours (5 above this one).
  • AalkaorAalkaor Member Posts: 2
    @Necromanx2 My apologies! Absolutely, I had a crash with the latest version of EEx on SoD, installed first and without mod. Under BGEE, no problem, it's ok. Thank you!
    Great job, OlvynChuru ! It gives an extra spirit to the original game! My sorceror is still more tenebrous. :-)
  • LogiteksLogiteks Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2021
    @OlvynChuru, I've noticed that you're using opcode 406 for calling MEHGTST function in MEWI257.SPL (Levitate). What is the purpose of it?

edit: huh, looks like some spells in your mod also use opcode 407 and 408. Brief description how those new opcodes differ from 402 (Invoke Lua) would be nice. I don't think these features have been mentioned in EEex topic. I thought last valid opcode number is 404.

edit2: opcode 408 is described here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1135326#Comment_1135326
    not sure about the rest.
    Post edited by Logiteks on
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Logiteks wrote: »
    I've noticed that you're using opcode 406 for calling MEHGTST function in MEWI257.SPL (Levitate). What is the purpose of it?

edit: huh, looks like some spells in your mod also use opcode 407 and 408. Brief description how those new opcodes differ from 402 (Invoke Lua) would be nice. I don't think these features have been mentioned in EEex topic. I thought last valid opcode number is 404.

Opcode 406 makes it so the character is always rendered on top of the background, rather than sometimes being rendered behind walls.

Opcode 407 casts a spell on the character when the opcode expires or is removed.
  • LogiteksLogiteks Member Posts: 21
    thanks, 407 sounds very useful. Will experiment with it.
    Hi @OlvynChuru,

You mentioned this mod should be installed after SCS. Is it because of SCS spells component or other things like AI ?
    Hi @OlvynChuru,

You mentioned this mod should be installed after SCS. Is it because of SCS spells component or other things like AI ?

This mod makes some general patches to spells, so it should be installed after other mods that add spells.
    @OlvynChuru
    Greetings, Olvyn! What OlvynSpells additions and revision should we expect in the near-term?

Thankee!
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    Hi. I'm trying to use this mod but it crashes my game upon trying to load, every time. I'm playing on Mac so I can't use EEex. It seems to work in ToB though...
    @MrBaquan
    Some spells from this mod require EEex. If you picked any spells that did and you aren't using EEex, your game won't work.
    @Endarire
    Endarire wrote: »
    Some spells from this mod require EEex. If you picked any spells that did and you aren't using EEex, your game won't work.

No, that's not the issue. The mod isn't supposed to install the spells that require EEex if EEex is not installed.
    @OlvynChuru
    Thankee for that clarification!

Is OlvynSpells considered feature complete now in version 2.2.0? If not, what else should we expect in it?

Thankee!
    @Endarire
    Endarire wrote: »
    Thankee for that clarification!

Is OlvynSpells considered feature complete now in version 2.2.0? If not, what else should we expect in it?

Thankee!

This is the kind of mod that I could just keep adding to indefinitely. I could always add more spells or components modifying spells. I'm just not working on this mod at the moment (I'm working on IWD2EE).
    edited February 2021
    @OlvynChuru
    I still request you add to this mod the teleport spell. I even made and refined a planning document to explain the theory of how best to implement it! Doing so would almost certainly require EEex!

I am well aware you have the teleport beacon spell which you added and improved at my requests. Teleport would be in addition to teleport beacon.

Thankee!
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    After much effort I got the newest version installed. When it completed it gave me this error:

SKIPPING: [Add 3E-like Metamagic abilities to the game]
    This component requires EEex to be installed

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED New spells -> Add all the new spells to the game, including the really powerful spells

Press ENTER to exit.

What Metamagic is it referring to..I didn't select any modules but the spells? I installed the powerful spells fine, so It seems like it sees EEex sometimes, and not others. I have the newest EEEX installed and working fine. What SPECIFICALY does the install do to confirm the prescence of EEEx?
    @seraglio
    seraglio wrote: »
    After much effort I got the newest version installed. When it completed it gave me this error:

SKIPPING: [Add 3E-like Metamagic abilities to the game]
    This component requires EEex to be installed

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED New spells -> Add all the new spells to the game, including the really powerful spells

Press ENTER to exit.

What Metamagic is it referring to..I didn't select any modules but the spells? I installed the powerful spells fine, so It seems like it sees EEex sometimes, and not others. I have the newest EEEX installed and working fine. What SPECIFICALY does the install do to confirm the prescence of EEEx?

Check your WeiDU.log. Does it have the following line?

~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: 0.8.6
    @seraglio
    Ensure you use the latest MASTER (not release) version of EEex!
    edited March 2021
    Great thank you. Reinstalled after making sure that line was added and I got no new error. My install is very custom so I just needed to know what the script was looking for. I had installed EEex manually. Thanks again!
    Question, when you use the enslave spell to make a permanent servant, are they supposed to be able to pass into new areas with the party?